October 25, 2014 | 1499 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 12:10:00 PM More reviews by spendy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love Dove soap!!! I've bought all kinds of cleansers through the years (I'm 43) both cheap and expensive and realized that this is still the best. It gets makeup off easily and leaves my skin feeling really soft. I never have that "tight feeling" with Dove that I've had with other cleansers. This facial soap just a better version of the original good old Dove barl---yea!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2009 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Moonpetals

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is pure and simple and so cheap. It takes off everything in one easy step.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2009 5:13:00 AM More reviews by RachelBaDayChel

Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar
I've been useing this stuff for about 2 years now, and am still happy with it. it lathers well, cleans well, and it adds moisture.

i always get compliments about how soft my skin is when i use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2009 1:58:00 AM More reviews by superkathy

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I love it! Me and my mom have been using the beauty bar for the past 10 years, and although it is not the same as using some high-end cleansers, this soap is always there and I never refuse to like it. It does not overdry my normal skin, and you can use it on face and body. It smells great too. If you use it to wash your hands, the pretty smell will actually stay on your hands for quite a few hours. Make sure to use a moisturizer after washing your face, though, because solid soaps are usually less moisturizing than liquid ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2009 1:52:00 AM More reviews by lesdear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i have been using the white dove beauty bar most of my life on my body but never on my face. i have very reactive acne prone skin so for at least 20 years i have been using a salicylic acid cleanser to help control my breakouts to little avail. about a month ago, i went on a trip and forgot my facial cleanser so i used my dove soap. guess what? no breakouts!!! for a month!! so i highly rec for anyone suffering from dry flaky sensitive reactive zitty skin to give it a try for a few weeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by ash_theoriginal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I dont know why I bother with anything else other than the Dove Beauty Bar. I have super sensitive and itchy skin that gets very angry when I use overly scented products. Dove is so gentle and truly is amazing. My skin feels baby soft after use and is lightly scented. The scent isn't overwhelming and just smells clean, my bf loves the smell of it!! Dove is my HG. It has saved my skin and I am so glad that I rediscovered it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2008 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Mavilu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have super dry skin that will break up angrily or dry up terribly if disturbed and God knows it doesn't take much for that to happen.
That said, the Dove bar is the only soap I can use on my body and hands, in fact, during the driest months of the year, I would rather go dirty than use anything else, haha!.
It's so good that it is the only thing that will keep my hands from cracking in winter.
But!.
I recently decided to start using it on my face -bad idea-.
My skin felt supple and radiant but it gave me huge white heads and cysts at the rate of three or four A DAY.
I couldn't believe it, but it is the sad truth.
So, in conclusion.
Great for the body and hands but beware if you decide to start using it as a facial cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2008 5:33:00 PM More reviews by dominicangirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm genuinely suprised by the good reviews. I used this soap to wash my hands with the other day. Oh my...it left my hands feeling so DRY! It was like I'd just dipped my hands in a really strong alcohol and bleach solution =/ If it made my hands feel like that, there's no way I'd use this on my body or - god forbid - my face. The fragrance is really off-putting to my nose aswell, too strong and it doesn't even smell nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by lelynator

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this soap!!

It doesn't leave my skin feeling dry like other soaps do
it actually leaves it soft and feeling amazingly great!!

STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO EVERYBODY!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2008 12:34:00 AM More reviews by amberryshortcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am the proud owner of the world’s worst skin. It's acne prone, super sensitive, covered in crater-like pores, and can go from dripping oil to dry and flaky in a matter of minutes!! (Ok, that last bit was a little bit of an exaggeration, but you get my point.) In hopes of taming the foul beast I have tried everything from Pro Activ to Burt’s Bees. Something’s worked better than others, but I never found the ONE that gave me satisfactory results. Figuring I have tried everything else on planet earth I decided to give Dove's Beauty Bar a try (Due to the rave reviews on MUA ^.^). I am SOOO glad I did. Dove has worked WONDERS on my acne without making my face dry and flaky, it hasn't caused any irritation (Except when I accidently inhaled the suds while soaping up in the shower) and it has left my skin soft and smooth. I use Dove's Beauty Bar as a facial soap and in the shower with a netted sponge. Awesome product and very cost efficient, will continue to buy over and over again!! :-)

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No