April 16, 2014 | 2057 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by klckelso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! I love the color variety. I have peach parfait, tutti frutti, fig jam, lollipop, sugar plum, red velvet, candy apple, berry smoothie, pink truffle, cotton candy, and raspberry pie. My favorites out of all of them are peach parfait (its a "your lips but BETTER" color), red velvet (a deep red but its still wearable for daytime), and raspberry pie (a rich raspberry color, like you've just eated a bunch of raspberries). Needless to say, I totally recommend these!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 8:00:00 AM More reviews by elfodimontagna

I like this lipstick because it is very moisturizing indeed! I just blought it in the wrong colour: Pink trouffle is a bit too serious for spring! I will give Peach perfait a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 6:20:00 AM More reviews by liquidjelly76

So far I own Cupcake, Sweet Tart, Peach Parfait, Lollipop, Tutti Frutti, and Candy Apple. I love all of them, although I do reach for Peach Parfait and Sweet Tart the most out of the ones I own. I love that they don't dry out my lips, however they don't add any extra moisture, so I like to layer my lip balm underneath. Some of the more pigmented colors can also be used lightly for a wash or dabbed away for a stained look. I find that the sheerer colors can be built for more color, but none of them are too sheer. So far, I'm pretty obsessed with these. I also bought Berry Smoothie for my mom, and I intend to get Strawberry Shortcake soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by missjoe

I like the color (I have Cherry Tart and Cremesicle), but these dry my lips out pretty quickly. It does go on nice and smooth, but within minutes I feel dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by juliayunjie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love revlon lip butter, I had tutti fruity, peach perfect, lollipop, want more. Very moistrizing, and color is vivid, unlike other lip balms.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by BizzyBunny

Have Cupcake and TuttiFrutti. Beautiful feel on the lips. Much better than the loreal version!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by matildachung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great lip product! I have quite the collection but nothing can come close to my love for Revlon Lip Butters. The color range, the lasting power, moisturizing properties are all fantastic. My favourite, on the go, everyday lip product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by mmdouble

I have it in the Cherry Tart colour. It feels so moisturising on my lips and I love the colour :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by balmmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't ordinarily give 5 lippie ratings, but this lipcolor deserves it!

I have the shade Sugar Plum, and as with the regular Colorburst lipstick in Rosy Nude, find that it's a wearable pinky shade for women with warm skin tones. Those are hard to find! (It will look gorgeous on cool skin tones too, of course.)

This lipstick reminds me of a longer lasting version of Revlon's discontinued Shiny Sheers. (I loved those!) Colorburst Lip Butter is less shiny than the Shiny Sheers, but just as moisturizing. It really does feel like butter on the lips!

I was happy to find that this lipcolor is buildable--one swipe is a light, tinted balm kind of look. Another swipe or two will give you medium coverage. I am just really very impressed with this lipstick!

My only gripe, and it's not enough to take a lippie off, is that for some reason the packaging is more difficult to open than the regular Colorburst lipstick packaging is. I have to keep the lipcolor swiveled down when I have the lid on, because if I don't, the lid would smush the color when I pry it off. (Not sure if all of the Lip Butter packaging is like this. Maybe I just got a bad one.)

Overall, I say believe the hype about this lipcolor! I just wish they had this formula in the regular Colorburst Rosy Nude shade!!! That would be HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by sunshinechemist

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I thoroughly enjoy my lip butters. I don't think they're OVERhyped, they definitely made bloggers buzz, but that is because they ARE a revolutionary product for easily accessible drugstore product. I purchased all of mine when CVS had buy any Revlon lip get $4 extra bucks and I just purchase them in separate transactions so I got these for around $3 a piece. For that price they're amazing and one of my favorite lip products.

I have creamsicle, creme brulee, strawberry shortcake, cupcake, fig jam, lollipop, berry smoothie, red velvet, and I got my mom pink truffle. My mom loves hers to, it did break off when she got close to the bottom, so I would be careful not to swivel it up too high. I only have a little bit showing when I put mine on, so I don't have that problem.

I am loving the nudes especially, because Airy Fairy, fairest nude, etc. all the OTHER super hyped lipsticks made me look like death. The only nude lipstick I have that I wear is playing koi by mac which is amazing. But I can wear creamsicle because it has peach in it and creme brulee because some of the pigment in my lips shows through.

I find them v. moisturizing, but I don't care for kiss of moisture slip or chapstick wax or vaseline lip balms, as they make my lips peel and dry out. These don't settle into any lines in my lips, which I have issues with some glosses for doing that.

All in all I'm in love, especially for around $3 (and that deal at CVS usually comes up about once a month). I would pay $10 for these, but I wouldn't have as many colors. I think they're worth the hype because they are a revolutionary product for easily (i.e. rural, urban, worldwide) availability at a reasonable drugstore price (not like some pixi products at target that reach lower Sephora pricing). <3