July 29, 2014 | 1064 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Bobby90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this product is amazing on my combination skin. i have normal skin on my cheek area and i tend to get really oily on my nose and forehead area. this product really helps to regulate controling the oil and doesn't break me out at all. i only use 2 pumps for my entire face. it looks very natural after you applied it. i use Mac prep+prime as a primer and the translusent mac setting powder as a finish. really natural look, lasts all day. helps to regulate the oil. at the end of the day it looks a bit more doey, but still very nice and doesnt cake at all!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by ellenahc5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have been using this foundation for about 8 to 9 months. At first the MA matched me up with NC50 which was way too red and dark for me so i went back and got matched with NC45 which was a way better.

I really love the fact that this foundation comes with a pump which makes it more easier to dispense product and cheaper than buy the additional MAC pump. It isn't too expensive in my opinion because of where i live.

I only use one pump with this foundation and dampen my brush with a mixing medium so that it can blend more easily as it is thick and dries very fast, i would also do one part of my face at a time and with this foundation you have to blend blend blend. I never really felt any stickiness with this foundation and it gives a lighter feel than the ELDW. For coverage this is more sheer to medium and for fuller coverage I would have to do one layer at a time.

My skin is combo/oily and can sweat to death depending on hot the day becomes. No matter what primer i would use (from makeupforever/ysl/mac/clinique/smashbox) this foundation would oxidize on me.

Overall its a nice foundation I don't think i would purchase again even though i have combo/oily skin this really doesn't work that well for me it seems that foundations recommend for my skin type don't work on me :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by punkrockzoie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Long-Lasting: Very. Best I've ever tried. Better than Studio Fix liquid. (my skin is EXTREMELY oily and I blot around once every hour. Pro Longwear stays put fairly well).

Coverage: Medium-Full. Still needed a dab of ProLongwear concealer on blemishes/post-acne marks and around redness.

Packaging: Awesome. Built-in pump, lock function (good for travel).

Cost: around $30. Worth it? I think so.

When I first bought this, I thought this was the worst foundation I had ever tried. Blendability was awful. I tried a wet sponge, a dry sponge, a brush and even my fingers, and nothing could get it to look natural. I came back to it a month later, used my Monistat Chaffing Gel as a primer, and blendability became a little better. And when I began using a moist brush (ELF $1 foundation brush), application became a thousand times better!

EDIT: It's been nearly a year and I've repurchased once. I love this foundation to death (and the matching concealer). They stay put like no other. However, I recently started Accutane and my skin has gone from extremely oily to flakey and dry, and this foundation accentuates my dry patches :/ Bottom line--excellent for oily/combination skin, may be problematic for drier skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by rangelroxy

Hope this helps my girls with super oily T-Zones, the ones who can't seem to blend it out, and for those who's foundation settled in pores.

I mix 3 pumps of my Clinique D/D Gel Moisturizer with 2 pumps this foundation and applied using a flat foundation brush and set with MAC Careblend powder. I used the moisturizer under along with Smashbox Photo Finish Primer it looks absolutely gorgeous! I think next time I'll only use 2 pumps of moisturizer and 1 pump foundation though.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Dominique1536

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was suggested this product by a MAC salesperson. She said it would help my oily skin and leave my skin flawless... However it didn't help with my shine and it made my skin feel tacy or sticky after an hour of wearing it! For $35 this was not acceptable. I have used this on days when my makeup doesn't matter and have had the same bottle for 6 months now. I wouldn't reccomend this to anyone no matter what your skin type is. It also managed to dry out my oily spots really badly to the point I flaked!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by laurall

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So, after years of looking for the right foundation, and certainly NO thanks to the billions of SAs that have been selling me the wrong ones, I think I might have found THE ONE. Obviously, the shade that has turned out to be the perfect one for me is not the one that the SA recommended- why does everyone behind a beauty counter always match me to a darker colour that will make my face and neck look as if they belong to two different persons???
Now, I was given a sample of this in NC 20 ('This is perfect for you'), went home, looked at the shade and binned it. Then at Heathrow Airport begged a SA to give me a sample of NC15 and she did- Bingo! I wore it the day after, 27°C in Italy, stayed put all day, looks amazing in the pictures, and was still spot on later in the day. I've ordered a full size bottle now, and I'm so looking forward to receive it. I used it with the Pro Longwear concealer in NC20 (again, two different MAC SAs tried to sell me completely different shades- NC30, NW25, NW20) and I finally looked the way I want to.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by MeganHan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation while on vacation a few months ago because the foundation I was using was too light for my face. I got color matched @ MAC and was recommended by the MA to purchase this foundation.. I thought it looked great on. Nice natural finish, good coverage, staying power, blends easily. I used it for one evening and one morning and a few days later I broke out terribly in cystic acne.. I stopped using this foundation after that with intent to return it but ended up losing the box and bag with the receipt (go figure).. so i kept it and never used it again until I decided to give it a go again. Big mistake. Once again, I woke up with a couple of blemishes and then continued to break out in cystic acne for the following week.. I am pretty bummed because this foundation looks great on my skin, but it just isn't worth the break outs.. if your skin isn't acne prone or sensitive this may work for you, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been loving the MAC Face & Body lately. It's HG status for me. I love the natural looking coverage and the fact that I can wear it for several days in a row & it won't irritate my skin (rare for me!) I wanted to try this one out as well for more coverage, and I heard such rave reviews, so I got a sample of this, as well as the Pro Longwear concealer when I was at MAC yesterday. I was matched to NC35 in this and NW25 in the concealer. I wore this yesterday and today. So far, it hasn't irritated my skin, which is a HUGE plus. When I pair this with the Studio Careblend Powder, my skin looks flawless & doll-like. I'm not sure if I like that flawless of a finish, since I got for more of a natural look. I will say, this stuff does last all day, which is AMAZING - it lives up to it's name! It's a good quality foundation at a nice price. If you want medium-full coverage, try this out.

*edit-6/22/11- i was matched with the wrong color. in the summer, i am outside a lot and my skin gets a good bit darker than in the winter. the nc35 looks way too light along my jaw line, i have a foundation line with it on. I was told to try the NC40. however, when i wore the NC35 on a hot day, mid-day my face didn't feel too comfortable with this on. it felt like i had a heavy mask on. i did have to blot halfway through the day as well. with the revlon colorstay, i didn't have to blot and it didn't feel heavy. this gives really good coverage. i just wouldnt recommend for a warm day

Edit 8/16/11- I've since tried samples in NC40 (too dull/flat), NC42 (too dark & orange), & NC45 (too dark). This cakes up on my dry patches and looks too cakey. My mom even commented that she didn't like my makeup! (& she always LOVES my makeup!). she said it looks cakey like stage makeup and way too dark and orange. maybe i applied it wrong idk

Edit 8/22/11- i've given this a chance in the NW35, and its the perfect match. I've also applied using less product (i'm used to light foundations/tinted moisturizers where i can use generously). You only need a LITTLE of this; trust me, a little goes a long way. This lives a nice semi matte finish, which is great for me because my skin tends to get oily mid-day (& it stayed matte with this foundation). This lasted me all day long and didn't fade off or get oily, which is great. My only gripe is that it's not the easiest foundation to blend. I recommend it for oily/combo skin. It wouldn't work well on dry skin. Overall, I like how this looks, so I'll continue to wear this. I prefer the Mineralize Satinfinish though

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by CleopatraBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is wonderful. This formulation's NC50, matches my complexion better than other MAC formulas. It goes on easily, doesn't break me out or irritate me, and last all day.

Only thing I didn't like was having to pay extra for the pump top.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Annushka

this foundation is expensive in australia but i bought it in the us so it was cheeeeeap as chips for me.
i love this foundation, it really lasts a good 12 hours for me. the only con to this is it give me a really waxy feeling on my face, its not soft. i use this with the mac stippling brush and it looks airbrushed...ive had comments from strangers who want to know if im wearing foundation and what it is!!
it sets into your face quickly so you have to buff it in quick. the smell is yucky i have to admit and the colour is aabiittt too yellow (i use nc40 in this one, my studio sculpt in a nc42 is better for me) but i even it out with a mineralize skinfinish in medium deep (or dark?? i forgot). it keeps my blush on all day and had medium-heavy coverage depending on how much youve put on.
i would repurchase this even at the price they ask for in australia. it controls oily so well (as im oily ewww) and i dont have to repowder during the day because it holds tight.
i have acne prone skin so i actually never wear this more than once a week just for fear of breaking out (so i dont know how it goes as an everyday make up). studio sculpt made me break out so bad so im scared to try this as an every day...