August 21, 2014 | 960 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by UNStOPABlE27

THIS WAS MY FIRST FOUNDATION I EVER BOUGHT FROM MAC,&i HAVE TO SAY THAT I WAS PRETTY IMPRESSED,THE COVERAGE IS MEDIUM TO FULL BUT BUILDABLE,I'M IN THE SHADE NC42&I LOVE THAT IT MATCHES MY SKIN PERFECTLY&WITH ALOT OF FOUNDATIONS IT'S HARD TO GET THE PERFECT MATCH.I APPLY WITH A WET SPONGE&IT LOOKS FLWALESS DOESN'T CAKE UP LIKE THAT&LOOKS SO NATURAL OVERALL THIS IS THE ONLY FOUNDATION I WOULD BUY FROM MAC,;BUT I WANT TO TRY THE STUDIO FIX FLUID(:

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was using Studio Fix foundation for a while until I noticed huge breakouts every time I used it. After reading so many good reviews, I got Pro Longwear foundation in NC25 (little too yellow and light for summer but NC30 was too dark) - I will use it to see the results and update later.
UPDATE: The same breakouts and I do not like the coverage.
I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Dia14us

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is by far one of the best foundations I have used! I'm not what you call a M.A.C girl but i do enjoy a few of there products and for sure THIS IS ONE OF THEM.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 5:15:00 AM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It sucks that there's such a huge difference between the shades NC45 and 50. I have to buy both shades to mix to match my color. But I wore this yesterday and this wears like iron. I even think it has my Revlon Colorstay beat!! Remained fresh looking despite 100 degree heat and a 30 minute run at the gym. Its really sweat proof! It looked freshly applied thru all that. I'm sold.

I used Cargo HD mattifying primer underneath and used MAC Oil cleanser to remove with no problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Pepelyashka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love it, I am a NC 20/25. Medium coverage, covers very well small imperfections, and it lasts and looks perfect until you take it off. Matte but not dried up and chalky finish. Face needs good moisturizing prior to application, as it can accentuate dry patches. I also use MAC Prep& Prime Base Visage primer or MAC spf 50 primer, it works great with both. You need to work fast as it dries quickly, and doesn't budge after that. I don't use it daily, use MAC F&B instead, but for occasions or long days running errands it's indispensable. It takes me a bit longer and more diligent procedure of make up removing as it feels like it 'glues' to the skin, but that's the purpose of it after all. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by evangie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wore this with the pro longwear concealer when i went on vacation in the Philippines..omg! it's WATER PROOF and SWEAT PROOF. Lasts me all day. I have normal to dry skin. BEST FOUNDATION for HOT WEATHER!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by stargrl3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation - along with Revlon Colorstay, but I'd say this is slightly better because Colorstay can be quite drying while this doesn't dry me out.
Coverage is Medium to Full (like Colorstay). Consistency is also much like Colorstay - quite thick, so a little goes a long way.
Only problem (for both) is that it dries quickly so you have to blend right away or work each section at a time.
I use this with my Sigma F80 (ELF powder brush for a cheap dupe) and it gives me a flawless finish. I sometimes set it with MAC MSF Natural for a matte look but I tend to perfer a slight dewy/natural finish so setting powder isn't necessary.
It wears very well throughout the day (at 10pm it looks the same as when I put it on at 8am), it's transfer resistant (took a nap with it on once and it still looked perfect afterwords and left no stains on bedsheets). Make sure to use a good cleanser and makeup remover though because the staying power is so good that it takes a little more effort to remove (I recommend Olay Daily Facials Hydrating Cleansing Cloths followed with either Clarisonic or Olay Pro X with Cetaphil Cleanser.
I have Combination and Sensitive skin but I never had any problems with breakouts while using this.
It's a little pricy in Canada at around $40 with tax (damn MAC for being 25% more here!).
For reference I am NC20 which is a pretty good match but a little dark as it runs a little yellow and darker than other MAC foundations.
Also for a sheerer coverage I like to mix it with MAC Face & Body.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Bobby90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this product is amazing on my combination skin. i have normal skin on my cheek area and i tend to get really oily on my nose and forehead area. this product really helps to regulate controling the oil and doesn't break me out at all. i only use 2 pumps for my entire face. it looks very natural after you applied it. i use Mac prep+prime as a primer and the translusent mac setting powder as a finish. really natural look, lasts all day. helps to regulate the oil. at the end of the day it looks a bit more doey, but still very nice and doesnt cake at all!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by ellenahc5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have been using this foundation for about 8 to 9 months. At first the MA matched me up with NC50 which was way too red and dark for me so i went back and got matched with NC45 which was a way better.

I really love the fact that this foundation comes with a pump which makes it more easier to dispense product and cheaper than buy the additional MAC pump. It isn't too expensive in my opinion because of where i live.

I only use one pump with this foundation and dampen my brush with a mixing medium so that it can blend more easily as it is thick and dries very fast, i would also do one part of my face at a time and with this foundation you have to blend blend blend. I never really felt any stickiness with this foundation and it gives a lighter feel than the ELDW. For coverage this is more sheer to medium and for fuller coverage I would have to do one layer at a time.

My skin is combo/oily and can sweat to death depending on hot the day becomes. No matter what primer i would use (from makeupforever/ysl/mac/clinique/smashbox) this foundation would oxidize on me.

Overall its a nice foundation I don't think i would purchase again even though i have combo/oily skin this really doesn't work that well for me it seems that foundations recommend for my skin type don't work on me :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by punkrockzoie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Long-Lasting: Very. Best I've ever tried. Better than Studio Fix liquid. (my skin is EXTREMELY oily and I blot around once every hour. Pro Longwear stays put fairly well).

Coverage: Medium-Full. Still needed a dab of ProLongwear concealer on blemishes/post-acne marks and around redness.

Packaging: Awesome. Built-in pump, lock function (good for travel).

Cost: around $30. Worth it? I think so.

When I first bought this, I thought this was the worst foundation I had ever tried. Blendability was awful. I tried a wet sponge, a dry sponge, a brush and even my fingers, and nothing could get it to look natural. I came back to it a month later, used my Monistat Chaffing Gel as a primer, and blendability became a little better. And when I began using a moist brush (ELF $1 foundation brush), application became a thousand times better!

EDIT: It's been nearly a year and I've repurchased once. I love this foundation to death (and the matching concealer). They stay put like no other. However, I recently started Accutane and my skin has gone from extremely oily to flakey and dry, and this foundation accentuates my dry patches :/ Bottom line--excellent for oily/combination skin, may be problematic for drier skin.