MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

Love this foundation!!!! I bought this foudation for the days where I had to go to work after a full day of school because it claims to last 15 hours. Best descion I ever made. Honestly it lasts pretty much the whole 15 hours flawlessly. I don't have oily skin so I didn't have any problems with shine, it stayed the semi matte finish it has when first applied. Also mac claims the coverage is sheer to medium. I find it is definatly on the more medium side and gives the most beautiful look to the skin yet still looks really really natural. I have started using this everyday because it is just a rely great foundation for every day use. The only problem I have with this is I tend to use around 3-4 pumps for my entire face which makes me think it won't last very long. Bu I have had for almost a year, and I have the tiniest bit left. Will be repurchasing! Oh the most important thing I would say to know about this foudation is that it runs darker and oranger than most other mac foundations. I am normally nw 20 so that's what i got but it oxidizes really orangy but it's nothing terrible and with blending you can't really tell, I just look very tanned. So my tip would be going a shade lighter, and preferebly going for an nc shade. I got a sample of nc 15 and it matches me so much better than the nw 20 which is my normal shade.

on 8/29/2011 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I adore this product. It offers quality coverage and consistency. I have the MAC Pro Longwear in NC40. I have been using it all summer and it has proven to withstand the long hot and humid days of Houston. Initially (early summer/spring) I tried samples of the NC35 but by the time I was ready to purchase I found that the NC40 was more suitable (the mac rep did mention ppl normally go a shade deeper than they normally are in mac foundations). To deepen my NC40 (after tanning) I set with MSF natural in Medium dark.
I use two pumps to cover my entire face (with the Studio fix liquid I used only one on the mac pump). Seems like too much product, but you'll find that it just enough. With a 187 stippling brush I apply the majority of the product to my cheeks and the remaining i dab around and buff in. I dab the excess product into areas that need a little more coverage (I do this instead of using concealer). Then set with MSF natural.
The end result is a natural matte finish that has concealed my redness and occasional breakouts. I do have oily skin and this product (along with my moisturizer and primer) controls the oil well. I recommend using additional wipes or toner when removing the makeup to ensure your removing all traces at the end of the day.

on 8/27/2011 7:57:00 AM

This was my first and will be my last MAC purchase. I never break out but after using a sample for 2 days I have 2 pimples, both on my cheek, which has never happened before. Nothing else changed so it can only be this foundation. I'd read that others had broken out but since no other foundation has upset my skin I wasn't worried. Big mistake. This stuff is awful.

on 8/23/2011 12:24:00 AM

It claims to stay on and that it does. Whenever I hear the claims products make I usually never believe them because I've been let down so many times. This product actually does stay on pretty much till I take it off. I do get a little oily throughout the day, but when I blot it still stays on nicely. Most long lasting foundations I have tried have been super noticable and end up very cakey (colorstay and estee lauder double wear). Now to be fair I used to use a different technique when using foundation back then and perhaps I put too much on. This foundation can look cakey if you put too much on, but there are ways to make it not look cakey. When the girl at the counter tried this on me I was horrified to see how cakey it look when I got outside in natural lighting. I decided to go home and apply it myself and it looked much more natural. I went to get a makeup lesson a few weeks back and she said apply the foundation in downward strokes on the whole cheek area, the nose, the chin and then on the forehead do outward strokes. It's hard to explain the technique in writing, but since I have been doing that my foundation has always come out looking more natural (I just use those sponge applicators). Also the great thing is that it will not get cakey as the day goes on. Sometimes when you apply foundation it looks good, but within a few hours it has turned into a mess. This truly stays looking the way it did when you put it on ..so if you apply it looking natural it will remain looking natural (though it may fade a tiny bit). I tried the NC35 in the mineralize satinfinish foundation and it worked perfect, but unfortunately the NC35 in this foundation does not match as well. Overall, I think this is a great long lasting foundation and I will buy again if I can find my right shade. This is not the most natural looking foundation although as mentioned different techniques make it either more natural or more cakey. It covers nicely and stays put, which is what I wanted it to do. If it breaks me out I will update, but so far so good.
UPDATE: After wearing this for a few weeks I found I'm not too crazy about it anymore. It feels heavy on the skin and tends to make my skin very oily. It does stay on, but I hate constantly being aware of the makeup feeling on my face! Even though it stays on so well it still manages to transfer easily. Sometimes I have found it caking a little bit around my nose, too. It's a shame I really thought I found a close to perfect foundation. I'm bumping it down to a 3 because it does stay on but it doesn't deserve a 4 in my opinion. continued >>

on 8/23/2011 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I have very oily asian skin. I've been looking for a foundation that's long lasting but not heavy. This foundation has met my expectations.

Pros:
- long lasting (I find the foundation is highly pigmented and after 8 hours it still covers my imperfections)
- not thick and heavy (especially compared to my Revlon Colorstay (rich tan)
- medium coverage but very buildable

Cons
- Really expensive ($40 CAD)
- NC42 is sooo yellow/orange (I can't wear it in "real lighting" IE outside or else I look like Snooki lolz)
- Doesn't control oil (but I do have crazy oily skin)
- After a couple of hours it transfers easily IE when I blot my face with tissue

Overall I wouldn't repurchase because there isn't the perfect color match. NC40 is too light. NC45 is too dark. I'm soo disappointed because this would have been the HG.

on 8/14/2011 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

overall, i found this foundation to be okay..not enough coverage for my liking, and it doesnt match my skin tone as well as studio fix fluid (nc45). i got a lot of compliments when i wore my studio fix, but none with this. it also seems to have grayish undertones. idk, not my favorite overall, though i know many people prefer it to studio fix.

on 8/10/2011 8:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

i think i found my go to foundation this stuff is amazing for people with oily skin i didn't blot my face once all day and my t-zone is out of control oily..........i read reviews where people have considered this product as light coverage i disagree with that for me it's full coverage but i guess thats because i apply it with a flat top brush? i find this non cakey it makes my face flawless and the staying power is unlike any other foundation i have used over the years it's even better then double wear which i loved before i found this foundation. i just hope this product won't break me out if it does i'll cry :(

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

i absolutely love this foundation!! :D <3 it goes on smoothly and nicely,it LASTS a long time,doesnt have too much of a shiny finish,and gives me good coverage.i love it :) i guess it works differently for each skin type,but for me it works :D

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Recently, I made a visit to the MAC counter again after I specifically said I didn't want to be bothered with MAC and its aloof MUAs. The first time I went, I was matched in between NC45 and NC50, but the NC45 looked a tad bit too light so we went with the NC50. Once home, I tried the foundation out on my whole face, but unfortunately, it was too red. So the next day I exchanged it for a NC45 and this time I was happy because it matched me well. I thought it was a shade off but within 30 minutes it oxidized a little darker into my skin tone. Success, right? Unfortunately, no. I do not like the formula. It dries very, very fast, and covers nothing. It's barely sheer coverage. To me it's like a expensive, fancy tinted moisturizer. It didn't cover hardly any marks and barely evens out my skintone. Also, it empahsized pores on my nose that I never knew I had. Another thing is that it dries down to a sticky, almost tacky feel. Overall, it's not for me, which is sad because it has a semi-matte finish, which I sort-of like, but I prefer a more matte finish with medium to full coverage. One pet peeve that I do have it that the colors available are all over the place and there aren't as many shades available as there are for Studio Fix Fluid (which I have not tried). I think I going to try the Studio Fix Fluid instead.

Pros:
It has a pump! Yay!
Semi-matte/natural finish

Cons:
Sheer to medium coverage
Less shades to choose from
Dries extremely quickly

My favorite foundation ever! HG! HG! I am very oily and this doesn't break me out, make me greasy, or feel heavy. It stays on forever, literally lasted through a 15 hour job where I was outside in the rain for a few hours. The coverage is medium. I like to adjust my NC25 shade by mixing some NC45 pro longwear concealer into the foundation to match my complexion when I'm tan. This allows me to go through all the stages of a tan, the build up and fade down without purchasing a whole new foundation (or 3!). I also use a light shade of concealer (NC15) to highlight, and a dark shade to contour (NC42) and set with either MUFE HD or MAC Prep+Prime Translucent Powder, and it stays on ALL day!

Video Reviews & Tutorials