April 24, 2014 | 1852 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2011 3:31:00 AM More reviews by LadyDarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is just an ok product for me.

The makeup artist match me to NC20. I am not sure if this is a perfect match. I mix it with MAC Strobe Cream. I am not sure if I am applying it properrly but I don't get that flawless look I get with MUFE HD High Definition Foundation.

I only use this for extra special occassions (weddings, christenings, engagements, clubbing) so I have not used it very often since purchasing. The more I use it if I find my opinion changes I will edit this review.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Gemstone221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I've reviewed and tried many different foundations, but this is the first one I would TRULY repurchase. I wear this all day and my face looks fab. This is a new experience for me- not having to touch up my make-up mid day! Pro Longwear stays beautiful even on my combo/oily skin and the pump is the best...you always get the perfect amount and it closes easily for travel.
I have to disagree about it feeling like a mask...it would only feel that way if you use too much! A little goes a long way! And the coverage is fantastic.
I finish this with Mac Mineralize powder and it looks perfect- I can fake a flawless face everyday with these two products. I always use bronzer and blush and I have had no trouble putting them on over this foundation.
I have found that using a Mac 130 brush is PERFECT for application. Sometimes I sweep a sponge over to really smooth it out, but the 130 does an excellent job at covering and smoothing.
This product is really worth the price and I will be buying this again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by 47flowers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing. You can wear it all day long, it doesn't budge. Even when the weather gets hot! I do recommend using Fix+ spray underneath the foundation as it can be a bit drying. This is my everyday foundation because it lasts all day and makes my skin look perfect :) try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by amypanda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Hands down the best foundation I've ever tried! I've been using this product for about 6 months now and it's never once broken me out (I have mostly normal skin). I apply it with MACs 187 brush and it looks so natural! I find that it is a matte finish on my skin which I don't usually like, but unlike other matte foundations it doesn't look flat. It has awesome lasting power - I wear it from 7am until 6pm on a college day and my skin still looks perfect without the need to touch up (which is good because I find touching up a pain). It dries pretty fast so you need to work with it quickly but because of that it doesn't transfer at all! I find blush and eye shadows a lot easier to apply over this foundation and the colour of them pops more. I set it with MACs Careblend powder and my skin really does look perfect (which it's not)! No need for primer or concealer when I wear this either. I will continue to buy this over and over, definitely HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Francine2187

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a love/hate product for me.
What I love:
* It lives up to it's description Pro Longwear because it definitely lasts throughout the day on my oily skin
*The packaging- I totally love the pump on this product. Every liquid foundation should have one by now!
What I hate:
*It feels like a thick mask on my face! I don't touch my face much because it is oily and I don't want blemishes- but I notice that when the foundation dries, the texture of my skin is totally different, very stiff.
* This is definitely a full coverage foundation and I find it very hard to put on bronzer and/or blush. Nothing blends well over this foundation! Once it dries there's not much else that will go over it.

I wish that it was a bit more blendable and had more of a lightweight feeling.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Ambrielle15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The best of the MAC foundations, that's for sure. However, they don't make NW15 and NC15 was a little too yellow for my skin, otherwise, I'd have loved it. It helped with my oily skin, though it dried out the 'dryer' parts of my face and made them flakey. Bleh. MAC almost got me, but unortunately the color didn't work out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is becoming one of my favorite foundations. I purchased this in NC25 after having received a sample in a swap of NC30 (too dark/orange). The NC25 is a close to perfect match. I apply this with a beautyblender, and it provides medium to full coverage that lasts ALL day/night. I set this with the MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder. This foundation provides a semi-matte finish, and I find myself having to use oil absorbing sheets much less often than I had to with other foundations. I have had no problems with this foundation settling into fine lines, and have had no problems with break-outs when using this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by pusch_kin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

On the fence about this one. Mostly because the colours simply aren't working for me. Bought NC30 blindly (the muas in the Mac store I usually visit are mostly incredibly rude/bored, so I rather do my homework and grab & pay...) and it turned a not so flattering shade of orange. I gave this to my mother who has a completely different skincolour, but it works ok for her. Got NC 25 a bit later, and although its better because it's lighter, it still turns orange. Dunno whassupwith the off colours, but that is the main reason why I wouldn't buy it again. It's quite heavy coverage, so I can't get away with it not exactely matching my colouring. Argh.
I apply it with a damp sponge, which is in my opinion the best way to make this look somewhat natural. If the colours were better (like they are for me with every other mac foundation) I might buy this again, although you really have to pay attention when putting it on, otherwise: awful mask face. The pros are that it conceals wel and it really does stay put on for a long time, which is good for clubbing in bad lighting, so no one can see my orangey complexion ;). All in all it's not impressed me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

Am in the minority here since I do not like this foundation. This foundation is difficult to blend and dries too quickly. Once dried, it is not movable, and it is a nightmare to try to correct it !!! Wet sponge does not move it. It is quite ok on my cheeks, but on my T zone where I have larger pores, I have to work harder to blend it (not to settle into pores or streak), but I really do not have enough time for it. It tends to end up patchy around my Tzone, or cakey. SO this is really frustrating for me because I really wanted to like this foundation.
THe coverage is medium and does a good job evening out my face tone, 1 lippe. THe foundation once set does last the whole day, 2 lippes. The pump is nice and the color match was ok, so 3 lippes. Alas...it stops here.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by loisannx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was my first MAC foundation purchase, so I was really hoping this product would deliver for its $55 price tag (Australia)
I'm tanned with yellow undertones, so NC42 matched me PERFECTLY! It's really hard to find the right foundation shade with a drugstore brand here in Australia, because seriously, most of them have pink undertones and/or the colour range is really limited. Like none for tanned people.
I have acne and a lot of acne scars, and this foundation really did cover up! And the foundation really didn't budge even with my extremely oil producing t-zone, it's matte but my face did get a bit oily though with the nice dewy glow that you would want. The added SPF 10 was a plus too.
Unfortunately though, it broke me out. Not just the random odd pimple there, but FULL ON cysts. Every time I wore this foundation, I would find a new cyst on my face, and I seriously had worn this foundation to school every single day so my skin got pretty bad.

Lost 2 lippies because:
1. It broke me out.
2. It was expensive (for someone still in highschool)

I would recommend this to anyone who doesn't have sensitive skin or acne-prone skin. I really wish that it could've worked with my skin though since it was $55...