September 19, 2014 | 1166 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Chuppup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried a sample of this when i was battling a few breakouts. The SA was nice and even told me it might get a little weird in the plastic jar, so when i tried it i thought that might be the problem, but over all i did like the feel. So i went back and purchased the full size. Unfortunately it not only clogged a few pores along my nose (the cheek area) but also it seemed to cling to every dry spot (from acne treatment) and even when i moisturized VERY well, trust me i really did, it seemed to find cracks and make my skin look parched. Im only 19 so i really dont think cracks or wrinkles should be an issue haha. but these were on my cheeks too! they were very tiny and from far away made your face look pixelated and soft but up close just looked cakey and wrong :[
and honestly it felt like spreading plastic over my face. I normally hate giving bad reviews but this one i really did not like, im sad that i didnt because i was so excited since so many people adore it :[

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I tried a sample of this since I was searching for a longwearing foundation that would last specifically in hot weather. I applied this over the MAC Prep+Prime SPF 50 primer and it applied very smooth and evenly. It is advertised as sheer to medium coverage and I would say that it leans closer to medium coverage. I applied MAC Select Sheer loose poweder on top. The color match on me was very good and it lasted a very long time on me. It was very comfortable and did not feel heavy. Every other foundation I have used has melted on me, especially in the T-zone. I got a bit shiny on my nose area after 5-6 hours but the rest of my face still looked fresh even after a long day (including a shower)! I am not 100% sure but I do believe that using the primer contributed to the positive results I experienced with this foundation. I am not sure if I would purchase since the foundation is $35.50 CAD and the primer is $36.50 which would bring me to around $80 including tax. Also, this does not take into account the cost of the setting powder you would need to use on top. I am hesitant to purchase a MAC foundation because in my experience they have been pore-clogging and horrible for my skin. I know foundations in general are not 'good' for your skin but I have found that MAC is actually bad for my skin. In short, this performs but with a heavy price tag. I would consider purchasing this because of how well it worked for me but I will continue to look for something more affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by pammyglo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been in search of my holy grail foundation and finally have found it after a two years of searching!!!!! The MAC pro longwear offers a medium buildable coverage, the only negative is it takes 10-15 min to dry down, I do not use powder due to my skin being more on the dry side, so if you are always in a hurry you may want to skip this one. I am nw20 in this foundation and usually am a nw25, it wears like iron on me, even through hot flashes! I must use an oil based makeup remover to take off at night, my blush and highlighter stay on all day and I do not use a primer ! I have tried applying with my sigma F80 and a traditional paddle style foundation brush but find that my fingers work the best, I do go over my face with the sigma brush just to pick up any excess product left in the crease of my nose ect. make sure you allow the foundation to dry down before applying a second layer for a smooth finish and on my skin even with two layers it feels lightweight

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by mimita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm NC15 in this and also in Studio Fix Fluid, though in this foundation NC15 is a lot more balanced and neutral, less yellow. Before this one I used Makeup Forever HD foundation in 117. The shade is very similar and, although the MUFE is a beautiful foundation, the Pro Longwear is definitely much better and looks more natural, less matte. I have combination skin, oily in the t-zone and with some flaky patches due to the retinoids I use for acne. The coverage is medium, but you can go sheerer if you like or you can build it up and it doesn't cake. I've been using it for over a month now, applying it with a Mac 187 brush, and the weather here has sometimes gotten very warm, with lots of humidity. It doesn't budge, ever, and it hardly needs touching up during the day. Sometimes I stay up very late in the night and when I cleanse my face before going to bed it still looks quite good, even after 15 hours or so: usually my eye makeup has become a mess, but my base is still great. I find it works perfectly with Pro Longwear concealer and with Mac Mineralize skinfinish Natural, which gives a beautiful satiny finish, very luminous in a natural way. I don't find it sticky, not after a few minutes at least.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2011 3:18:00 AM More reviews by jenmichelle523

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this, because I am in search of my own HG foundation. It got so many good reviews, so I decided to check it out.

It was just ehhh. Some good and bad for me

Pros
- really IS long wearing. After a 12 hour shift, I still looked pretty good. A bit of breakthrough oil in my t zone, and a bit bunchy in the nose but otherwise good

- the color was spot on. A perfect match. (NC20)

Cons

- for me it was SO hard to blend. No matter what I wore under, or what brush I used I had to almost drag the foundation on my skin .

I went back to Mac, and was told it was a known issue and to mix it with primer then apply. Once I did that, it glided on great but then I had to use almost 6 pumps to get a medium to full coverage.

For the price it was not worth it, and I returned it. And plus,.it was such a pain in the butt.

Overall this foundation is a good long lasting foundation, but for Me the hassle was not worth it and I doubt I'll purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by kim84

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my go to foundation now. I've tried everything under the sun, and this is the only one that lasts ALL day, and doesn't get oily. It's got great coverage for my NW20 skin, and I got it in a deeper color for contouring, and that works like a charm. I pair it with the concealer in a lighter color, and my skin looks good all day. And it held up during the heatwave we just had! Can't ask for better than that! Only problem seems that when you use a brush it takes quite a few pumps to get the desired amount. Quick fix I noticed is to use your hands to put it on your face, then blend with the brush. It's a little pricey to use so much, but honestly it's one of the good ones out there, well in my book.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by cathleeneee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally got this after all the good reviews I've read! I was pretty excited until I found out it wasn't that great. I got this in NC35 which is the right shade but this foundation runs light for me. So definitely get a shade darker if this works out for you. I personally don't like it because it looks a bit too much when you get oily. It separates where you get oily, like my nose. I even tried it with the Mac matte gel and it still didn't work. I also noticed that this will accentuate your dry patches so don't forget to put on a moisturizer before putting it on. Overall, It was good until you get oily and it separates. ITS NOT GOOD FOR OILY SKIN TYPES!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Angeldoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to try a more mattifying foundation for summer time. I have combination skin (oily t-zone & dry cheeks) This is definitely quite matte on me. Its accentuating all my flaws and looks too masque like and feels drying. I prefer LM silk creme, and my avene foundation over this. I Will not repurchase, however if you are oily, this could work for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by furnando

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Hmm so when I heard about this foundation I wasn't super excited. Well after hearing that these tend to run a bit darker, and more golden/orange. I reluctantly picked up a bottle. I actually had quite a bad experience with Studio Fix Fluid, it was so heavy and made me breakout in literally a couple hours after wearing it, ridiculous huh? Well I have to say that this foundation is spot on, it lasts long, is a perfect match to my neck and as far as I know it doesn't oxidize into a weird color. Oh and it didn't break me out!! The finish is gorgeous, just the right amount of coverage! I do agree with others that you have to use a bit more than other foundations, but its about $30, so not horribly expensive! I am loving the orange tone that this has, it is almost like an apricot color, just gorgeous! Lives up to its name as well, it just stays in place, even with my overly oily skin, it doesn't fade even in my nose! Which is the oiliest part of my face, and most foundations slip off after an hour or so, not Pro Longwear! Only con is the feeling it gives the skin...so dry and rough, but I always moisturize before hand so I'm not too worried about it.
**EDIT**
So I am pretty disappointed at how horribly this oxidizes. After a few hours or so it turns into a deep mustard color! That is really not flattering since my skin has some golden/orange tones, and this makes me look ashy and sick. I can't say I will be buying this anymore, maybe I can find a better color, perhaps and NW?

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2011 9:21:00 AM More reviews by lorraine07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am torn with this foundation.
Pros:
1) Love the finish! It looks flawless on my skin.
2) Really longwearing....stays on all day.
3) Water resistant. It doesn't slide off my face. Good when I wore outside in the heat.
4) Good range of colors for everyone

Cons:
1) Takes a LOT of product to achieve even a medium coverage. I feel like I use about 5 pumps...imagine if I wanted a full coverage???
2) With that said, the price does not justify since I'd end up buying it sooner. So I do not know if I will re-purchase....I'll see what happens.

I'd recommend to TRY this as it is really a good finish. I just don't know if it is a keeper.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No