MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 11/18/2011 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product because of all of the rave reviews that it got but it gave me cystic acne!! After starting and stopping this foundation for 6 months thinking maybe I could get my acne under control I realized that this foundation does not work for me, Someone told me this happened because MAC uses oil in their foundations. Anyway I also do not like the texture of this foundation it reminds me of paste. If you are looking for a great foundaion try Laura Mercier or Lorac!!

on 11/16/2011 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my current foundation and even though I wasn't reccommended to buy it I did anyway because the make p artists advice isn't always worth considering. On my average 9 hour shift the foundation stays put without re-application. A negative though is that it takes a couple of coats to maintain a good coverage and with that it looks quite caked on but it does blend well luckily.

on 11/13/2011 6:13:00 PM

Lady shaded matched me saying I was an NC15 so I bought that one in reality I'm an NC25 or NC30. Not build able putting more than one pump on your face makes it look really cakey. Does not last for 15 hours not even 6 hours :( not waterproof or water resistant as lady said. Don't buy this foundation it makes me even oily then I already am in my t zone not worth buying and trying it out for 29.00 :( very disappointed I feel like I'm the only one who hates this foundation because I haven't seen anyone that doesn't like this foundation except me. Also when I first started using it full coverage I've been using it for about 4 months now and it's not as full coverage and when I first started using it

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

So this product definitely does what it promises. I have such oily skin that I usually touch up at work every hour between patients (I work in a dental office). With this stuff, I was touching up maybe once a day! Amazing right? Well 1-2 weeks of using this 5-6 days a week wrecked my skin - I started getting cystic acne ! :( Also FYI this stuff is pretty difficult to take off - I would wipe my face with cotton/toner until I was sure everything was off but maybe I wasn't doing a good enough job? I stopped using it and my face cleared up completely about 2 weeks later. I haven't touched the stuff ever since!

on 11/8/2011 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This was my first ever foundation from MAC and when the MUA tried it on me in store, I fell in love. Needless to say, I've used this for 3 weeks now, almost everyday and my face HAS BROKEN OUT LIKE NO TOMORROW. I pride myself on following a very rigid skin care routine, ensuring that I deeply cleanse my face because I wear makeup but it seems that I was no match for this foundation. Such a shame when I think of my skin when I went into store to try it (and the MUA even told me I had great skin!) to what my skin looks like now. I'm seriously in hiding for a few days because of how awful this foundation has treated my skin. Love it but it really really broke my heart
On the other hand, I did think that the finish was extremely beautiful and I did manage to get a perfect colour match (NC50). I noticed that it wasn't completely matte so I did find myself having to blot from time to time. It is also extremely long-lasting and really is amazing. If my skin didn't have the reaction that it did, this definitely would have been an HG product from me. But unfortunately, no.

on 11/5/2011 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This foundation is pretty decent, but not my HG. Let's start with the pros. I like that it's unscented (Unlike Mac Studio Fix Fluid), Stays on, good coverage, compromises with my oily skin, mattifies my abnormally shiny forehead, and comes with a switch on and off pump, has spf, and nice color range, and you don't need to put press powder on it. All this is nice BUT... It cakes my face and makes my breakouts more noticeable. I don't really get acne but after wearing it for weeks my skin had broken out a couple times. Takes awhile to blend it out than my other foundations. It can leave streaks if not blended properly. Overall this is an "O.K." foundation.

on 11/3/2011 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have quite dry skin and this product is definitely aimed at more of oily to normal as it is quite matt. I usually tend to buy more dewy foundations but I wanted something to stay on for nights out and this definitely does the job. However, during the day I am not a fan of it as I actually dont think it lasts very well probably because I would tend to be rubbing off my face more. I have used Estee Lauders double wear light in the past and I cant really decide which I prefer but I think I will repurchase it in the future.

on 10/29/2011 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Wowwwza...My new HG on the shelf! I have always been a MAC user as it seems to be the only brand that can really match my skin tone. I tried it all from Face & Body, Fix Fluid etc...but back then my major drama was after half day it left me with greasy oily yucky melty face and on top of that I had some stain on collar of my uniform while Pro Long DOESN'T sometimes I don't even have to blot. I have been dying to get my hands on this since last year and reading raves on MUA was even driving me crazier and finally here comes the Pro Longwear I have always been waiting for as they just recently launch in Thailand late September. Their NC42 for this one seems less orange and slightly lighter compare to Fix fluid. It glides smoothly on my face and sometimes to gives more coverage, I then add a bit of MUFE HD#128 on top. But it's also perfect on its own. I just can't work out how to build the coverage cuz it sinks into my face so quick. Oh! Forgot to mention...No breakouts!

on 10/28/2011 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

To start off with, I am NC35 with combination and acne prone skin which tends to get very oily easily. My HG remains as the Revlon Colorstay in Warm Golden even though the Pro Longwear was CLOSE to being in that position.

People with oily or combination skin would benefit highly from this as it controls oil amazingly yet isn't extremely matte giving a natural look which isn't too dewy. I was extremely happy with the oil control, however, it accentuated my dry patches of spots intensely and after a few days of using it I broke out with many little spots! This always happens to me whenever I use a MAC foundation; thinking this one would differ meaning from now on I am steering clear from MAC.

I would recommend this if your skin isn't extremely dry or if you have loads of mini spots or serious acne because it WILL make it worse, in my opinion. The price was decent but it was a waste of my money since I only used it for a few days before discovering that it broke me out seriously. This does have a high rating in general though and I see why; but this is definitely not for me, and not for the people who have similar skin to me.

Hope this helped! :)

on 10/27/2011 10:57:00 PM

This is one amazingly long-wearing foundation. I am a dedicated foundation wearer, and had been using Revlon Colorstay in Buff (other foundations: Shu Uemura Face Architect 774, EL DW Linen, Prescriptives Virtual Skin Real Champagne). Though Colorstay photographed well and held up better than other foundations, it still seemed to disappear after several hours on my very oily skin. MAC Longwear truly does not budge and wears beautifully! NC15 is too light on me, and NC20 is too dark, so I ended up getting both and mixing them, which actually is pretty quick and simple. I use 2 pumps to cover my face, with a blend of 1/3 NC20 and 2/3 NC15. It does dry quickly, so I apply with my fingers quickly over moisturized skin. I tried using a foundation brush, but couldn't work quickly enough for it to look smooth. It looks best if I do NOT powder over it. Perfect!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials