October 2, 2014 | 1171 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by filarei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good shade match
Application is only flawless using a foundation brush
Doesnt cake
Minimal shine after 8 hours of wear (matte finish) without powder
Medium coverage
Waterproof and long-wearing
Packaging is sophisticated and gives you control of how much product you want to be dispensed.

This is my go-to foundation in the summer =)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2011 2:04:00 AM More reviews by xcarbonx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have a love/hate relationship with this stuff.

My go to foundation is NARS Sheer Glow but it wasn''t doing anything for me on nights out. I wanted something with a bit more coverage & longevity so I decided to try pro longwear.

Pros:

- Gorgeous satin finish, not too matte & not too dewy
- Buildable, a few thin layers gives great coverage
- Lasts forever
- Doesn't cling to my dry patches or accentuate any oily bits
- Doesn't need to be set, but can be with no problems

Cons:

- Breaks me out every time, nothing horrendous, but definately does
- Expensive for what it is
- NC is extremely yellow but NW is really pink, I have to mix the 2

Overall, I think it's a great foundation & will continue to use it for night time makeup until I find something which offers the same coverage & finish without breaking me out. It covers the breakouts which it causes (usually on my cheeks) so it's not the end of the world!

Would definately recommend, if your skin tolerates MAC foundations.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by MYCATSHADOW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I usually rave about Revlon Colorstay foundation but today I'm going to rave about Pro Longwear SPF 10 foundation. Pro Longwear is the only other foundation besides Revlon CS that I find to be absolutely perfect for my skin. I was doing the Revlon CS 4 some time now in order to save money, but I just recently went back to the Pro Longwear & I've never been more pleased... I feel as if one likes Revlon CS, one will also fall in love with Pro Longwear. Pro Longwear is SOOOOOO LONG-WEARING!!! My face still feels clean & fresh by the end of the day. I have also NEVER broken out from Pro Longwear. Pro Longwear happens to come in a convenient pump bottle, therefore allowing me to use less product & keep a clean bottle. Pro Longwear also contains SPF 10, whereas Revlon CS only contains SPF 6. I don't care much about SPF but I do know how important it is to most foundation users. I'm feeling as though I'm actually getting a better economic deal with Pro Longwear because the pump doesn't waste any product. This is a definite must-have foundation for people searching for a truly long-wearing liquid that also promotes a clean & fresh feel.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by SunshineAngel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this product for about 4 months almost daily. I have combination/ oily skin. I used NC40. I used mostly my fingers to apply, sometimes a typical foundation brush

Pros:
- pump
- transfer resistant
- stays on all day or night!
- medium to full coverage
- no breakouts
- reasonable price compared to other non drugstore foundations (about $35 CND)
- covers acne scars quite well (I have lots of redness from post acne marks around my cheek area)

cons
- clings to dry patches -__-
- a bit too yellow for me (ughhh)
- thicker consistency (a bit harder to blend and dries fast so I had to work in sections)
- Even when applied with my fingers it's still quite obvious that I'm wearing foundation (not a very natural look)
- a bit too matte

*I mixed my pro longwear foundation with a bit of my tarte clean slate primer and it gave me a more natural and a bit more dewy finish, but it gave me less coverage

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by riss15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great product. I was a little worried when I bought it since I don't normally spent thirty dollars on one bottle of foundation but I'm so happy I did. It lasts so long! It was so hot in NJ this past week and i can honestly say that i was very impressed with this foundation because it didn't melt off! My face didn't get oily where it usually does so I am completely happy with it. I didn't use any primer before i put it on and it still came out really well. I will definitely keep using the ProLongwear and i's definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking to buy it. Well worth my 30 dollars!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Chuppup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried a sample of this when i was battling a few breakouts. The SA was nice and even told me it might get a little weird in the plastic jar, so when i tried it i thought that might be the problem, but over all i did like the feel. So i went back and purchased the full size. Unfortunately it not only clogged a few pores along my nose (the cheek area) but also it seemed to cling to every dry spot (from acne treatment) and even when i moisturized VERY well, trust me i really did, it seemed to find cracks and make my skin look parched. Im only 19 so i really dont think cracks or wrinkles should be an issue haha. but these were on my cheeks too! they were very tiny and from far away made your face look pixelated and soft but up close just looked cakey and wrong :[
and honestly it felt like spreading plastic over my face. I normally hate giving bad reviews but this one i really did not like, im sad that i didnt because i was so excited since so many people adore it :[

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I tried a sample of this since I was searching for a longwearing foundation that would last specifically in hot weather. I applied this over the MAC Prep+Prime SPF 50 primer and it applied very smooth and evenly. It is advertised as sheer to medium coverage and I would say that it leans closer to medium coverage. I applied MAC Select Sheer loose poweder on top. The color match on me was very good and it lasted a very long time on me. It was very comfortable and did not feel heavy. Every other foundation I have used has melted on me, especially in the T-zone. I got a bit shiny on my nose area after 5-6 hours but the rest of my face still looked fresh even after a long day (including a shower)! I am not 100% sure but I do believe that using the primer contributed to the positive results I experienced with this foundation. I am not sure if I would purchase since the foundation is $35.50 CAD and the primer is $36.50 which would bring me to around $80 including tax. Also, this does not take into account the cost of the setting powder you would need to use on top. I am hesitant to purchase a MAC foundation because in my experience they have been pore-clogging and horrible for my skin. I know foundations in general are not 'good' for your skin but I have found that MAC is actually bad for my skin. In short, this performs but with a heavy price tag. I would consider purchasing this because of how well it worked for me but I will continue to look for something more affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by pammyglo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been in search of my holy grail foundation and finally have found it after a two years of searching!!!!! The MAC pro longwear offers a medium buildable coverage, the only negative is it takes 10-15 min to dry down, I do not use powder due to my skin being more on the dry side, so if you are always in a hurry you may want to skip this one. I am nw20 in this foundation and usually am a nw25, it wears like iron on me, even through hot flashes! I must use an oil based makeup remover to take off at night, my blush and highlighter stay on all day and I do not use a primer ! I have tried applying with my sigma F80 and a traditional paddle style foundation brush but find that my fingers work the best, I do go over my face with the sigma brush just to pick up any excess product left in the crease of my nose ect. make sure you allow the foundation to dry down before applying a second layer for a smooth finish and on my skin even with two layers it feels lightweight

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by mimita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm NC15 in this and also in Studio Fix Fluid, though in this foundation NC15 is a lot more balanced and neutral, less yellow. Before this one I used Makeup Forever HD foundation in 117. The shade is very similar and, although the MUFE is a beautiful foundation, the Pro Longwear is definitely much better and looks more natural, less matte. I have combination skin, oily in the t-zone and with some flaky patches due to the retinoids I use for acne. The coverage is medium, but you can go sheerer if you like or you can build it up and it doesn't cake. I've been using it for over a month now, applying it with a Mac 187 brush, and the weather here has sometimes gotten very warm, with lots of humidity. It doesn't budge, ever, and it hardly needs touching up during the day. Sometimes I stay up very late in the night and when I cleanse my face before going to bed it still looks quite good, even after 15 hours or so: usually my eye makeup has become a mess, but my base is still great. I find it works perfectly with Pro Longwear concealer and with Mac Mineralize skinfinish Natural, which gives a beautiful satiny finish, very luminous in a natural way. I don't find it sticky, not after a few minutes at least.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2011 3:18:00 AM More reviews by jenmichelle523

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this, because I am in search of my own HG foundation. It got so many good reviews, so I decided to check it out.

It was just ehhh. Some good and bad for me

Pros
- really IS long wearing. After a 12 hour shift, I still looked pretty good. A bit of breakthrough oil in my t zone, and a bit bunchy in the nose but otherwise good

- the color was spot on. A perfect match. (NC20)

Cons

- for me it was SO hard to blend. No matter what I wore under, or what brush I used I had to almost drag the foundation on my skin .

I went back to Mac, and was told it was a known issue and to mix it with primer then apply. Once I did that, it glided on great but then I had to use almost 6 pumps to get a medium to full coverage.

For the price it was not worth it, and I returned it. And plus,.it was such a pain in the butt.

Overall this foundation is a good long lasting foundation, but for Me the hassle was not worth it and I doubt I'll purchase it again.