MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 8/23/2011 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I have very oily asian skin. I've been looking for a foundation that's long lasting but not heavy. This foundation has met my expectations.

Pros:
- long lasting (I find the foundation is highly pigmented and after 8 hours it still covers my imperfections)
- not thick and heavy (especially compared to my Revlon Colorstay (rich tan)
- medium coverage but very buildable

Cons
- Really expensive ($40 CAD)
- NC42 is sooo yellow/orange (I can't wear it in "real lighting" IE outside or else I look like Snooki lolz)
- Doesn't control oil (but I do have crazy oily skin)
- After a couple of hours it transfers easily IE when I blot my face with tissue

Overall I wouldn't repurchase because there isn't the perfect color match. NC40 is too light. NC45 is too dark. I'm soo disappointed because this would have been the HG.

on 8/14/2011 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

overall, i found this foundation to be okay..not enough coverage for my liking, and it doesnt match my skin tone as well as studio fix fluid (nc45). i got a lot of compliments when i wore my studio fix, but none with this. it also seems to have grayish undertones. idk, not my favorite overall, though i know many people prefer it to studio fix.

on 8/10/2011 8:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

i think i found my go to foundation this stuff is amazing for people with oily skin i didn't blot my face once all day and my t-zone is out of control oily..........i read reviews where people have considered this product as light coverage i disagree with that for me it's full coverage but i guess thats because i apply it with a flat top brush? i find this non cakey it makes my face flawless and the staying power is unlike any other foundation i have used over the years it's even better then double wear which i loved before i found this foundation. i just hope this product won't break me out if it does i'll cry :(

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

i absolutely love this foundation!! :D <3 it goes on smoothly and nicely,it LASTS a long time,doesnt have too much of a shiny finish,and gives me good coverage.i love it :) i guess it works differently for each skin type,but for me it works :D

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Recently, I made a visit to the MAC counter again after I specifically said I didn't want to be bothered with MAC and its aloof MUAs. The first time I went, I was matched in between NC45 and NC50, but the NC45 looked a tad bit too light so we went with the NC50. Once home, I tried the foundation out on my whole face, but unfortunately, it was too red. So the next day I exchanged it for a NC45 and this time I was happy because it matched me well. I thought it was a shade off but within 30 minutes it oxidized a little darker into my skin tone. Success, right? Unfortunately, no. I do not like the formula. It dries very, very fast, and covers nothing. It's barely sheer coverage. To me it's like a expensive, fancy tinted moisturizer. It didn't cover hardly any marks and barely evens out my skintone. Also, it empahsized pores on my nose that I never knew I had. Another thing is that it dries down to a sticky, almost tacky feel. Overall, it's not for me, which is sad because it has a semi-matte finish, which I sort-of like, but I prefer a more matte finish with medium to full coverage. One pet peeve that I do have it that the colors available are all over the place and there aren't as many shades available as there are for Studio Fix Fluid (which I have not tried). I think I going to try the Studio Fix Fluid instead.

Pros:
It has a pump! Yay!
Semi-matte/natural finish

Cons:
Sheer to medium coverage
Less shades to choose from
Dries extremely quickly

My favorite foundation ever! HG! HG! I am very oily and this doesn't break me out, make me greasy, or feel heavy. It stays on forever, literally lasted through a 15 hour job where I was outside in the rain for a few hours. The coverage is medium. I like to adjust my NC25 shade by mixing some NC45 pro longwear concealer into the foundation to match my complexion when I'm tan. This allows me to go through all the stages of a tan, the build up and fade down without purchasing a whole new foundation (or 3!). I also use a light shade of concealer (NC15) to highlight, and a dark shade to contour (NC42) and set with either MUFE HD or MAC Prep+Prime Translucent Powder, and it stays on ALL day!

on 7/30/2011 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I wish I could rate this 4.5 lippies, taking of a half lippie for feeling heavy on my face, which is a pet peeve. I like to not feel (and look) like I don't have anything on. However, there will definitely be a time and place for this foundation in my makeup routine.

This is the best long-wearing, completely maintenance-free foundation I've ever worn. I tried and bought it at the duty-free at the duty-free at Heathrow airport and, 36 hours later (after a completely mental number of cancelled flights, extra stopovers, and delays) when I finally made it back to L.A., my makeup was still completely perfect. And I'm talking no primer, no setting powder, and no touch-ups whatsoever that whole time. I was even wearing eyeliner, and it was still perfectly intact under my eyes, no smudging at all (btw which is definitely the achievement of the foundation and not the eyeliner). I've never, ever worn a foundation like that, that can keep everything in place no matter what agonies your day has in store fo ryou. I swear, that stuff is a marvel of the modern world! It also in a way kept looking better and better throughout the day. After I got home to my husband (by then it was about 37 hours), I was looking fresh and radiant in spite of being the grimiest, most worn and time-weathered traveler ever.

My verdict is that MAC Pro Longwear truly lives up to its name, and is an important weapon to have in the arsenal for a super long day, when you know you won't have time for many touch-ups and need something no-maintenance.

Since I don't work and usually have plenty of time for touch-ups throughout the day, long days without being able to "spruce myself up" are few and far between. If I were a career gal, however, it's quite possible this would be HG for me.

For the record, my current favorite foundation is MAC F&B in N1, set with MSF in Medium Light.

on 7/27/2011 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

My HG foundation. Stays on all day and does what it says, it's longwear.
It is a little bit transferable but I can live with that..
No breakouts no irritations, my skin is actually clearing up while using this foundation.

on 7/25/2011 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I really wish I could give this negative stars...It was GOD awful. After a week of use, my face broke out like I have never seen it before...not little whiteheads, HARD under the skin CYSTS. My face honestly hasn't looked this bad since I was about 12 or 13 years old. On top of that, the coverage is EXTREMELY sheer and it feels like you're rubbing plastic across your face. So will I repurchase this product? Ummm, hell to the no.

Okay... now I have a hate love relationship with MAC foundations. And with this particular one I could say its a bit more love then hate. Before I had even decided on purchasing I did so much research on the product since we all know that MAC foundations have a habit of causing breakouts. So I finally caved in and decided to make the purchase. I am an NC40-42 match but if your are an NC42, I reccommend trying an NC-40 because it isnt as yellow and sallow as the NC42. Now I must say that the colors in the Pro Longwear line are completely OFF and might differ from the other lines such as Studio Fix Fluid. If your one of those unlucky people I would just try to mix shades in order to get your color. When I first started using this, I was confused on how to apply it. Being that the formula dries matte with a semi dewy finish and so quickly, you have to work extremely fast when applying. At first I was using a Sigma F50 Duo Fibre for application and it simply didnt blend as well. Then I tried the Sephora Professionnel #45 brush and that also didn't work it because it was so dense and the product would get stiff and cakey. So the best way is to apply with your fingers so it can actually warm the foundation so it's much easier to blend into the skin. On the use, I would say this foundation lives up to the hype. When I mean it lasts almost all day, it LASTS! I have acne-prone sensitve skin, I mainly have a few clogged pores but pretty much clear skin, and this foundation makes me look flawless. I just love the medium to full coverage that it gives without making you appear too fake looking. You only need about one pump to distribute the product evenly all over your face. You might have to blot maybe once during your whole day, but I seriously don't mind. Now the price is about $29.50 USD which is kinda average priced to me since I usually gravitate more towards MUFE, Chanel etc. The glass packaging makes the bottle look a bit more sophisticated and the pump releases a good amount of product. However, the spout may get a little clogged so you might wanna use a pin once in a while to keep the passage way clear.
PROS:
Medium to full coverage with a matte but slightly dewy finish
Lasts almost for a whole entire day with few touch-ups
Conceals so you might not even need a concealer for blemishes
Has a nice non-fragrant non-perfume smell
CONS:
Might not be easy to work with if your not an experiennced mu user.
Formula dries really quickly so you have to blend fast
Might not be so great for people with super sensitive skin
Can appear ashy and blotchy sometimes if not properly blended
Doesn't have a wide range for color matches.

In all this might have to be my favorite foundation of all time. It even bears through this hot NYC weather. Make sure to wash it all off thoroughly at nite! This stuff is magic in a bottle and no other foundation I know of can keep my face as matte but dewy, with awesome coverage, that doesn't leave me looking like a greaseball at the end of the day.

Video Reviews & Tutorials