October 25, 2014 | 879 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by graconion

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Adjustable coverage =) Really depends on how many layers you decided to put on. I have some patches of ugly dark acne scars on my cheeks, but otherwise other parts of my face is fine. Using fingers, I will just dot 3-4 dots on various areas of my face respectively, then blend, using fingers. I will then do it again (or again) on my dark-spot-destroyed cheeks. I must say without primer, it may streak, especially at the forehead (near hairline) for me. With primer (currently using cover fx for acne), glides on perfectly and no streaking. If it still does streak, try using a foundation brush i guess. Oh yea it's long lasting. If you get oily and blot with tissue paper, you will indeed see color coming off. But a lot is still retained on my skin. After wearing for like 10 to 11 hours, it still looks fine. (yea I take late showers~).

On a side note, my face is like a crazy oil producing factory. To be honest, I think using the cover fx primer + this foundation can only control shine to a medium extent. My skin still oils up after 2 hours. At least for me. Then, I found MAC blot powder in Medium/Dark. (btw, forgot to mention, I'm NC30, asian). Miracle product sent by heaven. I use it for a set powder (it's a very translucent powder, almost no color). After 2 hours, NO SHINE. It's insanely good. After 4 hours, natural glow. Then I'll probably blot it with tissue paper, then leave it. Or you can brush on more blot powder. I won't suggest using the sponge that's in it though. I use a retractable kabuki brush by ecotools.

Anyways, back to the foundation (sorry~ i sidetrack a LOT in my reviews =p). After 2 weeks of usage, still hasn't break me out yet. It seems that it won't.

SPF: This foundation has SPF 10. So what I usually do is I'd pump some foundation on the back of my left hand. And usually since I'm in a great hurry, I won't even have time to wash my hands (i live in dorms and i do makeup in my room. bathroom is kinda far away). One day, I went to an outdoor event for like so many hours, i got sunburnt and all that, now my arm is peeling =( back to foundation~ so since i didn't expect it to be THAT sunny, I only put on this foundation and that's it (i know i know, i know that i'm suppose to put on sunscreen regardless of sunny or overcast~ my bad). I only got very slightly sunburnt on my face, and remember the back of my hand? After that day, there is a paler spot on it. I was just about to frantically wash it off then I realize it's the foundation. I guess this foundation saved me a bit during that sun-scorching day. Or else, my face will be peeling like dead tree bark now. But again on a side note, although my face is only slightly sunburnt, it's already damaged. I immediately break out that night =(( A lot more oil produced, acne INSTANTLY formed AGAIN at my cheek area =( so ladies, don't get your face sunburnt.

Color: Under natural sunlight, it does looks a bit too pinkish/pale on me when first applied ( i'm already using NC, so i can't possibly get a cooler color =( and I don't think i can really tell whether it's the pink tint of the actual color shade that makes it look weird ) but same as other liquid foundations, it oxidizes. Later on in the day, it looks better. After 1.5-2 hours i think?

Price: USD 26.5 Pretty fair i think. Compared to the kinda crappy USD 42 Fresh Croisette foundation I once had =(

Dupe: I'd suggest Revlon Colorstay. I am using Fresh Biege. They look VERY different when compared inside the bottle. But both look pretty much similar when applied on my skin. I'm using the one with soft flex in oily/combination skin section. The Revlon one has amazing coverage =) One con that I have for that is the weird smell~ it smells like weird perfume lol but otherwise it's perfect. A lot cheaper too! =)

sorry for sidetracking a lot =p

graconion

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by jkriss

I’m sad to say that my experience with this product has been a frustrating one. Let me tell you that I had heard a ton of rave reviews on this product and I really wanted to love it, but it just didn’t work out for me personally =( . I picked this up in NC30 and upon first application it was just a tad darker than SFF and noticeably more on the orange side. Not a good look! I tried going a shade lighter (NC25) but to no avail as that was just too light. It seems that it only runs more orange in that particular shade. The application of this product was hell. There is just no blending this! It sets super, super fast Ughhh! The coverage is light, which is alright if you have good skin to begin with, but I wouldn’t recommend this if you have anything at all that needs covering. Be wary if you consider doing a second layer as this stuff will get cakey very easily! The only positive things I have to say about this product are that I did find it to be long wearing as it claimed to be and the fact that it comes with a pump was nice… Overall this product was a fail for MAC in my eyes so I gave it 1 out of 5. I wonder if any of you other NC30’s out there feel the same way. Thank goodness MAC has a decent return policy.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Marlena0619

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like other users, I broke out from using this product (with and without primers). I liked the coverage and the way it looked on my face, ( it gives a dewey complexion) but because I have combination/ oily skin, it is best to use oil-free products and this is obviously not it! Those of you who found your HG in this product is lucky because I did like the coverage, but you ladies with oily skin...BEWARE!!!! Pick up foundation that is oil-free or you will end up like I have now with a huge pimple on your face! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by filarei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good shade match
Application is only flawless using a foundation brush
Doesnt cake
Minimal shine after 8 hours of wear (matte finish) without powder
Medium coverage
Waterproof and long-wearing
Packaging is sophisticated and gives you control of how much product you want to be dispensed.

This is my go-to foundation in the summer =)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2011 2:04:00 AM More reviews by xcarbonx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have a love/hate relationship with this stuff.

My go to foundation is NARS Sheer Glow but it wasn''t doing anything for me on nights out. I wanted something with a bit more coverage & longevity so I decided to try pro longwear.

Pros:

- Gorgeous satin finish, not too matte & not too dewy
- Buildable, a few thin layers gives great coverage
- Lasts forever
- Doesn't cling to my dry patches or accentuate any oily bits
- Doesn't need to be set, but can be with no problems

Cons:

- Breaks me out every time, nothing horrendous, but definately does
- Expensive for what it is
- NC is extremely yellow but NW is really pink, I have to mix the 2

Overall, I think it's a great foundation & will continue to use it for night time makeup until I find something which offers the same coverage & finish without breaking me out. It covers the breakouts which it causes (usually on my cheeks) so it's not the end of the world!

Would definately recommend, if your skin tolerates MAC foundations.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by MYCATSHADOW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I usually rave about Revlon Colorstay foundation but today I'm going to rave about Pro Longwear SPF 10 foundation. Pro Longwear is the only other foundation besides Revlon CS that I find to be absolutely perfect for my skin. I was doing the Revlon CS 4 some time now in order to save money, but I just recently went back to the Pro Longwear & I've never been more pleased... I feel as if one likes Revlon CS, one will also fall in love with Pro Longwear. Pro Longwear is SOOOOOO LONG-WEARING!!! My face still feels clean & fresh by the end of the day. I have also NEVER broken out from Pro Longwear. Pro Longwear happens to come in a convenient pump bottle, therefore allowing me to use less product & keep a clean bottle. Pro Longwear also contains SPF 10, whereas Revlon CS only contains SPF 6. I don't care much about SPF but I do know how important it is to most foundation users. I'm feeling as though I'm actually getting a better economic deal with Pro Longwear because the pump doesn't waste any product. This is a definite must-have foundation for people searching for a truly long-wearing liquid that also promotes a clean & fresh feel.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by SunshineAngel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this product for about 4 months almost daily. I have combination/ oily skin. I used NC40. I used mostly my fingers to apply, sometimes a typical foundation brush

Pros:
- pump
- transfer resistant
- stays on all day or night!
- medium to full coverage
- no breakouts
- reasonable price compared to other non drugstore foundations (about $35 CND)
- covers acne scars quite well (I have lots of redness from post acne marks around my cheek area)

cons
- clings to dry patches -__-
- a bit too yellow for me (ughhh)
- thicker consistency (a bit harder to blend and dries fast so I had to work in sections)
- Even when applied with my fingers it's still quite obvious that I'm wearing foundation (not a very natural look)
- a bit too matte

*I mixed my pro longwear foundation with a bit of my tarte clean slate primer and it gave me a more natural and a bit more dewy finish, but it gave me less coverage

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by riss15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great product. I was a little worried when I bought it since I don't normally spent thirty dollars on one bottle of foundation but I'm so happy I did. It lasts so long! It was so hot in NJ this past week and i can honestly say that i was very impressed with this foundation because it didn't melt off! My face didn't get oily where it usually does so I am completely happy with it. I didn't use any primer before i put it on and it still came out really well. I will definitely keep using the ProLongwear and i's definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking to buy it. Well worth my 30 dollars!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Chuppup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried a sample of this when i was battling a few breakouts. The SA was nice and even told me it might get a little weird in the plastic jar, so when i tried it i thought that might be the problem, but over all i did like the feel. So i went back and purchased the full size. Unfortunately it not only clogged a few pores along my nose (the cheek area) but also it seemed to cling to every dry spot (from acne treatment) and even when i moisturized VERY well, trust me i really did, it seemed to find cracks and make my skin look parched. Im only 19 so i really dont think cracks or wrinkles should be an issue haha. but these were on my cheeks too! they were very tiny and from far away made your face look pixelated and soft but up close just looked cakey and wrong :[
and honestly it felt like spreading plastic over my face. I normally hate giving bad reviews but this one i really did not like, im sad that i didnt because i was so excited since so many people adore it :[

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I tried a sample of this since I was searching for a longwearing foundation that would last specifically in hot weather. I applied this over the MAC Prep+Prime SPF 50 primer and it applied very smooth and evenly. It is advertised as sheer to medium coverage and I would say that it leans closer to medium coverage. I applied MAC Select Sheer loose poweder on top. The color match on me was very good and it lasted a very long time on me. It was very comfortable and did not feel heavy. Every other foundation I have used has melted on me, especially in the T-zone. I got a bit shiny on my nose area after 5-6 hours but the rest of my face still looked fresh even after a long day (including a shower)! I am not 100% sure but I do believe that using the primer contributed to the positive results I experienced with this foundation. I am not sure if I would purchase since the foundation is $35.50 CAD and the primer is $36.50 which would bring me to around $80 including tax. Also, this does not take into account the cost of the setting powder you would need to use on top. I am hesitant to purchase a MAC foundation because in my experience they have been pore-clogging and horrible for my skin. I know foundations in general are not 'good' for your skin but I have found that MAC is actually bad for my skin. In short, this performs but with a heavy price tag. I would consider purchasing this because of how well it worked for me but I will continue to look for something more affordable.