MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

I bought this foundation after reading many good reviews on it. I have combination/oily skin so I had really high hopes for this foundation. I'd say it's a medium/full coverage depending on how it's applied and how many pumps used. I also found that it didn't really control my oil all that much like it claims to. I still had to blot my face like I normally would even after setting it with powder. (I use the maybelline matte powder and sometimes the MAC MSF in medium plus) However, I do like how it gives me a nice matte finish when freshly applied. Makes my face look airbrush.

I've been using for almost 2 weeks, I've been having a skin issue recently. My skin is extremely oily yet dry on the surface. This cost approximately SGD58.00 and comes in a nice pump bottle. I noted that the color of this particular foundation is 1 shade darker than the normal series. I am normally an NC25, I bought this in NC20 and it matches perfectly.

This product was supposed to "stick" to your skin without it sliding off at the end of the day. However, I haven't seen that happen yet, maybe its the condition of my skin recently. When I'm wearing this, my makeup starts to slide by mid day and with 1 touch up at noon, my makeup still slides to nothingness at the end of the day.

I shall continue to use this and monitor its performance as I've read pretty good reviews on it.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This foundation has a beautiful finish. Very natural satin-matte finish. I have extremely oily skin (blotting once an hour) so for holding oilies up I don't expect much from any foundation. But this holds me up a bit longer than other foundations. I would say this is medium to full coverage. HOWEVER despite that it was almost everything I am looking for in a foundation, it broke me out in horrible deep cystic acne. Once I stopped using this my these breakouts stopped so i'm 500% it was the cause. It's a bummer because reading these reviews it seemed to be an exception from other mac foundations that break people out. I wish I could return it.

on 10/4/2011 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a sample of product, used for quite a few weeks, and ended up getting my own bottle. I love the natural finish this product gives me. It's medium coverage on me, and compared to my other foundations, this one lasts much better throughout the day. (Sometimes, with other foundations, I can't even see the foundation any more on my cotton ball when I'm removing it at the end of the day, but this has never been the case with pro longwear.) I have oily skin, and I find this foundation helps to control that - but it might be drying if you have very dry skin. My only issue with it is that I find the product itself dries *very* quickly, so you have to work fast - and if you don't, it gets really hard to blend out. It's not a huge issue though as long as you do your face in different sections.

on 10/3/2011 11:48:00 PM

I was just sampled on this and the new Matchmaker foundation as well. I can only assume, by the high marks both get here at MUA, that the majority of reviewers are looking for mask-like coverage. I cannot see any way either of these products could look remotely natural on the skin. It is truly like paint for the face. Very high marks for the packaging though and if your skin is FUBARed it'd be worth a try.
I also have samples of Nars Matte and Glow, and Chanel Perfection Lumiere and AquaLumiere. I'll let you know how it goes with those.

on 9/29/2011 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this foundation. The pump makes it easy and sanitary to use. The color NW20 is perfect for me. I like that it controls oil better than ANY foundation ive used out there. I used to have to blot and use oil absorbing sheets 2-3 times a day. Combined with Mac's Blot Powder, I can go all day without touching up my makeup, which is a huge feat, as my skin was seriously the oiliest skin out of anyone I knew. It's a little pricey at $30 or however much it is, but it's good for special occasions. I tend to use too many pumps so I waste quite a bit, but if youre careful, it will last much longer.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

While it did have decent staying power, I found it didn't do much to contol my oily skin and had to blot/retouch frequently during the day. Also, I hadn't used it in a while, so I decided to give it another shot. It broke me out really badly after a couple days of wearing it, which reminded me of why I stopped using it in the first place. I had high hopes for it, but I won't be buying this again. I'll stick with my ELDW

on 9/27/2011 4:25:00 PM

Great Foundation!
This is one of the best I have ever tried. MAC claims that this is a medium coverage foundation, however I think that it is more on the fuller end. I love the way this looks on the skin as well, not matte but not dewey just like a perfect finish. Lasts allllll day.. like all through my school day and if I work after school it lasts the whole time. Defenitely worth a try.

on 9/25/2011 2:00:00 PM

When I found this I thought it would be my HG foundation. Great coverage, natural finish, and it lasted all day. Unfortunatly, it made me break out like crazy, and I don't tend to break out anymore (used accutane several years ago). I was so sad when I finally figured out what was causing it. All of by blemishes stopped coming in and healed within 4 days of stopping use of this foundation. Very disappointing!

on 9/23/2011 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love this product! I have been using it since it has been released and it has been AMAZING for me. I have oily and sometimes acne prone skin and this really stays on all day. It does not make me break out and even though they say its not full coverage, i can get it to be full coverage using my blender brush. I think it is all on application style and personal opinion.
I give this 5 stars!