January 27, 2015 | 2028 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by BellaItalian5678

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I have very oily, acne prone skin and this stuff is amazing! I read many reviews (hundreds) about this foundation and finally decided to go ahead and purchase it. I am in the color NC 25 and bought one in NC 35 as that is the shade I am in when I get darker in the summer months. My skin becomes an oil slick throughout the day with other foundations I have used including MUFE HD, Revlon photoready, revlon colorstay, Clinique acne solutions, and bare Minerals powder foundation. I put this on around 8am and do not take it off until about 10pm and it looks like I've just applied it. The other makeup on my face wears off and needs a touch up but my foundation looks fresh all day. You definitely need to blend it out or else it will look cakey. It gives the best finish as well, not too dewy but not too matte looking. It is $30 which compared to other high end foundations is pretty average. I would definitely recommend this if you want a medium to full coverage build-able foundation that wont wear off or rub off on anything throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by 8788xo

I had mixed feelings about this product, at times during the winter, it just looked terrible on my skin. I guess it's probably because my skin was dry as the sahara. I typically like a fuller coverage foundation.. I feel as if this product can go on a little heavy at times. I started using it with stila's illuminating tinted moisturizer, which helped it blend better. I also tried a few different methods to apply the product: regular foundation brush, stippling brush and my fingers. Of all the methods, I preferred using my fingers, as it warms the product up, and makes it easier to blend.

Once this foundation sets to your skin..it doesn't budge for hours, I find myself still removing a lot of product off my face at the end of the night (good thing). This has also made it through a full day of work, and then an hour or so of intense cardio at the gym.

The packaging is great-- it has a pump. For the most part I love this, I would love it even more if it worked during the winter months!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by jewels64

Goldilocks might say that this foundation is "just right." Finish: not too dewy, not too matte. Consistency: not too thin, not too thick. Coverage: not too sheer, not too cakey. Endurance: minimal transferring but not hard to take off. It definitely lives up to its claim of being a longwear foundation. I have worn it (unintentionally) to the gym after work, and it still looked great after my workout - I was very impressed with that! During the day, I either powder once if I think of it, or not at all. If I don't powder, it just looks more dewy rather than Oilyville (ELDW!) It doesn't feel heavy on. It does dry quickly, so I have to work fast. The pump does not seem to dispense as much product as SFF or MUFE HD - I usually use 1 1/2 to 2 pumps to build the coverage I like to get with this. I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 because, although I really like it and I've used it a lot since I got it, it's not quite HG. The shade (NC30) is a less than perfect match, but it does seem to blend in well and does not seem that noticeably off. If possible, I would give this 4.5 stars.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Designkelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

HG foundation for me....because of color and coverage. I used to use Revlon Colorstay as well as L'Oreal (can't remember the name). L'Oreal doesn't cover as well and Revlon covers well, but I can't find a color as my skin needs a yellow undertoned foundation. This foundation is perfect...gives pretty heavy buildable coverage, and definitely stays on very very well...I was going to buy it solo and the MAC SA suggested I buy the pressed powder as well. I usually use a no name powder, but the powder in combination with it definitely sets it well. Only thing I would say is that I have dry skin but it is summer time, so my skin is almost combination. I wonder how this will be in the winter?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2011 7:01:00 AM More reviews by seattlegrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Where do I start....I loveeeee this foundation and I'm really glad I gave it a try. I work 12 hour shifts...my makeup is usually on my face for 15 hours a day, if not more. I've tried many other foundations and they make my skin oily, and feel like they're just sitting on top of my skin. From the moment I first put this on, it felt comfortable. It covers really well and is buildable. It looks natural and matte. I top it with Studio Fix powder, and then a little of the Prep + Prime finishing powder. I really only have to add a little powder once throughout the night for a little shine.
Today it was pretty hot at work and I was sweating - when I wiped sweat from my face my foundation didn't rub off with it. It's great.
I have pretty sensitive skin and this doesn't seem to break me out or cause my skin to dry out. I would recommend it to anyone who needs a longlasting foundation that won't make you an oily, sticky mess!

-I use NC15.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by glenners

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'd been an religious tinted moisturizer user before trying any foundation, as my mum didn't have bad skin and so I wasn't surrounded by make-up products growing up (not counting perfumes, as my mum ADORED Coco Chanel).
MAC had always seemed to me to be very exotic, as my friends were very much high-street-buying, L'Oreal and Rimmel-wearing girls; I'd be the first to go for a more up-market buy. The girl was really helpful, so I learnt my skin tone was NC15; I was looking for a matte finish (as I have a very oily t-zone) but not full coverage (I'm not fond of the heavy make-up look). So the sales girl pointed me towards the Pro Longwear Foundations, and it became my first MAC buy.

Summary:
It's a very good foundation, and the bottle is reasonably sized, which has kept me going for quite a few months now. I only use one pump, which gives me light to medium coverage - you should use two for a more full coverage. Although it does cover my small blemishes really well, I still need to use my BB concealer and pressed powder (though I'm going to try loose powder next).
The only really negative thing I can say is that I found it gave me a sort of yellow finish, which I wasn't too happy with; although I'd probably end up buying it again, I think I'm going to try a different foundation, just to compare the results. Overall, a good buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by mamibg

I have extremely oily skin... As well as dry patches that I get from using acne medication. This is by far the best foundation I have tried! My makeup stays longer than other foundations I have used (Diorskin, MAC SFF, Lorac, MUFE Matte plus, EL Double Wear, Revlon, Prescriptives Flawless...). Yes, my face still gets oily, but this one seems to last longer an looks very nice on my bad skin. It covers my red spots and scars pretty good. It doesnt cause my acne to flare up. Before applying foundation i put on DDF ultra lite moisturizing dew for my entire face. If ur oily u should try this! Its oil free and its not really dewy at all. It does not make me feel oily at all. In fact it makes my skin feel clean and fresh. Im not a fan of heavy creams so this is a HG for my oily skin. Hope this info helps someone :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by ashleypoole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had such high hopes for this product after reading the reviews on the MAC website and when my dad went over to america for buisness i begged him to get it for me along with the prep + prime. I told him to get me it in NC25 which is the colour i was advised to get online. and when he brought them home i was so excited to finally have that proffessional make up look as my bobbi brown foundation tended to just look like a layer of powder on my face.
The consistancy is really thick and i found that it dried out abit around my eyes and didnt give me the right 'look' that i wanted. this would suit oily skin more than my combination skin plus i think the colour was abit to yellow for my skin. i wore it for 3 weeks and in that time the small spots in my T-zone became so much more noticably so it clogs your pores quite abit. it was like industrial powered makeup and lasted all day though.
all in all ive tried better foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaCola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this foundation! I've been using it for about two and a half months now and it has replaced Revlon Colorstay as my favorite foundation. I have super oily skin and it works soooo well at controlling the oil ALL DAY LONG. As the name implies, this foundation is very very long-wearing and does not break down or look splotchy or anything by the end of the day. I've worn this foundation for 17 hours and it still looked good. Yeah, it's GOOD. The finish is flawless and it's really easy to apply and work with. The packaging is great and the pump makes it super easy to dispense just the perfect amount of product. I was a little nervous that it would be too dark for me, but it blends perfectly into my skintone when it is applied. So don't worry if it looks a little dark in the bottle. I highly recommend this foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by jessica0848

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG this was absolutely horrible! I have acne-prone skin, but had clear skin for almost 2 years before trying this foundation. I was using BE, but was wanting something to even out my skin tone a little more. My oh my was this a horrible decision. When this was applied in the MAC store, the SA did an excellent job. The coverage was amazing and I just felt amazing....that feeling did not last long. After a couple days of wearing this I noticed my face started to break out a little. Nothing too bad so I didn't think much of it, just thought it was a change in my routine. About a week after my purchase my face had broken out EVERYWHERE! Not just pimples, but huge cysts. While the pimples have decreased tremendously, I am now stuck with horrible hyperpigmentation and acne scars. This foundation has completely ruined my face, I do not think it will ever look the way it did before trying this foundation. I would most defintely never purchase this foundation again, nor will I purchase anything from MAC.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No