MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

holy grail holy grail holy grail !!!!!!! i am in love with this product ! it is my go to for evening events! love it ! i have this foundation in two shades nc30 and nw25 , i know weird! there like two totally opposite colour systems WTF?! but seriously they both look great on my skin, i prefer the nc30 way more ! it looks way more natural on me, i just think sometimes it looks a tiny bit yellow and thats why i went and got the nw25, just to warm it up a little! but ive tried the nw25 on its own to and it looks fine! its just a little dark but i love it on days when i want a tanner more bronzed type of look ! plus when i mix them both together its just absolute perfection !

i was super hesitant to try this product because i had already tried s.f.f and i hated it, like i swear i hated every single thing about it! the smell the texture the finish it just sucked!!! i got matched to nw35!!!?!?!?! and it was my first mac foundation so i didnt know any different ! im just about an nw25, probably a true 20 if im honest , so how the hell did they match me to nw35 ? this is why i just straight up do not listen to the mua at mac anymore lol it looked totally riduculous! but honestly it wasnt even the colour it was everything about it i just hated it ! and im in belfast, so i got this at debenhams and there is no return policy for makeup so i couldnt even exchange ! so disappointed ! anyway im way off track here ! pro long wear foundation is the besttttt!!!!!! recommend it to everybody ! even dry skin types because its seriously isnt like totally flat and drying ! the finish is kind of more satin i think ! swear i just love it so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I want to like this foundation. Sometimes it works beautifully, makes my skin looking absolutely flawless. It makes you think you've found your perfect foundation! However, when you are on one of those mediocre-skin-days, it just makes your skin look horribly. My dry skin flecks way more apparent and I have oil/combo skin. It was quite unbelievable, actually. It is just one of those foundations that I cannot rely on.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Fantastic foundation, finally found something pale enough for my skin tone! Have spent FOREVER trying to find something that suited my skin. Bought the "palest" Chanel foundation and it was watery and made me look orange and horrible. Thank god for MAC and their colour range. (My mum was served by a redhead at the MAC counter and asked her what she would wear) This product has great coverage (I suffer from acne and when I use this foundation I only have to use about about 1/3 of the foundation I used in the past to cover my spots and blemishes) Love this foundation, lasts for ages and the packaging is perfect to chuck in your handbag when you're rushed for time in the morning. Love it, it's the perfect colour and coverage, I don't have to blend it away to nothing for it to suit my skin tone, or cover it in powder. Stays for ages on my skin and is perfect for me with my busy life.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!! I recently switched from a mineral foundation, and although I was hesitant to use a liquid again, this product is amazing. It stays on ALL day, which was hard for me to believe even after I tested it for 10 hours. My face looked exactly the same as when I applied it in the morning! It doesn't have a cakey finish and looks very natural. It has a great build-able coverage...I typically want medium coverage and use about 1.5 pumps to achieve this, but it could definitely be built up to full coverage. I'm an NC20 and I top it off with the MAC mineralized skin finish natural in light plus. I found this color a perfect match to my skin tone, thanks to my MAC SA! It also works wonderfully over the MAC studiofinish concealer!!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Announcement: I have FOUND my HG foundation!!! At last!!!!!!!!

I have been through COUNTLESS foundations from high end to low and everywhere in btwn w/ several trips back to the dept store for either an exchange or refund and have still not found the perfect match or consistentcy i liked. I went and returned 4 diff shades of Estee Lauder, 3 shades of Lancome, NARS, DIOR, Sheseido, all kinds of drugstore brands and Chanel with every foundation, the color was just wrong. I have purchased the MAC matchmaster in 4.0 but it was still too dark so I had to mix it w/ MUFE face and body to get the color right, and i am pressed for time in the mornings, so I don't have time to play chemist in my bathroom to get my foundation to look right. I went to the mall today to exchange yet ANOTHER foundation and decided to just get my money back and end the horrible nightmare. I was convinced there was no shade in the entire mall that would match my greek/african american skin w/ yellowish beige undertones. The guy at the customer service counter said to try MAC and see if there was a shade I would like. I felt like telling him off, but decided against it and said 'ok ill give it a go'.

I went to the MAC counter and i remembered I tried several shades in the past (NC37, NC40, NC42 and NC30) that was all wrong and i ended up returning it for some lipstick instead. I reluctantly went in and s/w the SA and told her I was in the market for a new foundation and told her of my delema of color matching and what I already had. I told her I wanted to try out the NC35 this time to see if it would be a better match to my skin. I already had makeup on from that morning so she tried it on my jawline and the color disappeared on my skin. At first i was like, whatever, the lighting here sucks so all the colors seem to "disappear" in this lighting. I said I would go ahead and get it & figured I would be back the next day anyways to return it since I knew it would probably not work--again. I got home early enough that the sun was still out (around noon) and I had excellent natural lighting in my bathroom, so i decided to go ahead and try it out. I held my breath as i shook the bottle and dotted some product on my face. As i blended it w/ my sigma angled kabuki f84 brush,, i was excited to see the color was spot on! It melted into my face and it blended effortlessly in my skin w/ no makeup marks or odd coloring!! I almost shrieked in excitement because i thought 'this CAN'T BE". But it was... it was my true, exact, PERFECT foundation color at last. I have been looked for a very long time for this and I hope they never discontinue this. I keep looking in the mirror to see whether it oxidizes over time or starts to cake up, build up, separate, but so far it still looks great. I am so excited that this nightmare has finally ended and I am left w/ flawless coverage and a perfect match to my face. I set it w/ my MAC's prep + prime setting powder and I am good to go. HOORAY MAC for finally helping me end this horrendus ordeal- MAC rocks!!!!
UPDATE: 03-07-12- unfortunately this became too drying for me so i had no choice but to return it. I DID get the studio sculpt in NC37 that I am loving at the moment :D

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My favourite foundation of the moment. I wear NC15, which sometimes looks a bit too light for my skin, but unlike other foundations that I've used, it doesn't look cakey or like paint even if it doesn't match perfectly. The coverage is good - a medium coverage, which is what I was hoping for. However, it doesn't have great buildable coverage for problem areas. It lasts for hours and I haven't experienced much oxidizing, and feels light on my skin compared to other foundations.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used Studio Fix Fluid SPF15 (NW20) for many years now and was pretty satisfied with it. I recently decided to try the Pro Longwear because I saw good reviews on it and my SFF was running low. I think it is an excellent foundation, however, I had to deduct a point because of the color matching. I read a lot of reviews here where other people said pretty much the same thing... the NW20 for Pro Longwear does tend to be a tad pinker than the NW20 in SFF. I am very disappointed, and not sure if I should venture into the NC colors to see if there is a better match. Right now, I am mixing it with what's left of my SFF NW20 to tone down the pinkness of the Pro Longwear. The difference I see with the Pro Longwear is it provides better coverage and is better at making my pores disappear. I just wish the color was more accurate. A MAC tech once told me that whatever color you buy in one MAC foundation should be the same shade in the other formulas; but obviously, that is NOT true. Also, I ordered mine online, and I don't feel like going thru the hassle of shipping it back and guessing what the right color should be. I should probably go to a MAC store and see if they can match my skin tone better... then maybe I can ship this one back and exchange it for a better shade. Whatever I decide to do, I would say this is a very good foundation to try for people who need decent coverage without having your face look spackled... but definitely go get color-matched at a MAC counter (or store), because the colors just don't seem right with this for some reason.

EDIT 1/27/2012: I sent my NW20 back and got color-matched at a MAC store to NC20. NC15 in the Pro Longwear was too light for my light-olive skintone. I really like this foundation because I feel like it makes my pores appear smaller, but I probably would not repurchase when I'm done with it. I find that the Studio-Fix Fluid foundation gives me better coverage over my flaws, overall. Pro Longwear is better suited for someone with less problem spots to hide than me.

This has been the best foundation I've ever used. I have really bad acne scars and with 2 layers of this foundation my face looks great. I love the way it feels and it lasts all day. Definetley recommend this foundation to anyone who has problems with foundations that don't last!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This foundation is one of the best I've tried. I really love glowy or satin finishes in a foundation and this one really is the perfect balance. It doesn't look "wet" or oily, but is far from a dead, matte finish also. It's a perfect satin "skin" like finish. I buff this in with a Sigma F82 or ELF flat top brush.

It's a medium coverage foundation for me. I have a lot of acne scarring and blemishes so I have to use a concealer with almost every foundation I use, no matter how great the coverage is. This covers really well and I can get away without concealer for a day-to-day basis while still concealing for a flawless look.

The packaging is AWESOME, I love the pump. I wear this in NC20 and it is VERY yellow, which is something I always struggle to find with foundations. If you're very yellow like me, this will suit you well.

It does last a very long time, but my Rimmel 25 hour foundation still beats this with staying power.

It feels and looks very light and natural on my skin. I highly recommend this, I will be repurchasing!

This is the best foundation I have ever used to date. The coverage is medium-full, though I have seen it described as just medium. The finish is natural, and I find the satiny glow to be luminous without looking too dewy or "sweaty". The best part of this foundation is, of course, the long-wearing factor. It stays put on all day, from when I apply it at 7:00am until I take it off before bed.

I do set it with my YSL powder, which does remove some of the dewiness, so the finish can be adjusted depending on your preferences.

I have tried several Chanel foundations, as well as NARS, MUFE, Laura Mercier, and Bare Escentuals as well as countless drugstore foundations. Nothing has ever come close to the coverage and wear that the Pro Longwear gives.

The packaging is standard for MAC products. A clear glass jar with a matte black pump as a cap that twists to lock (so the product does not leak out). My only issue with the packaging is that after pumping the product out, some is always left in the little spout.

I do have a slight issue with the color selection for the product. I purchased it in the shade NW20 because I have pink undertones and know that the NW shades are designed for that coloring. I find that when I am applying it quickly, with not as much time to blend and set, it pulls a little too pink on my skin. I believe I will go purchase the same foundation in the shade NC15 or NC20 to try and counteract some of the coloring issues.

At $29.50, it is more affordable than other foundations I have tried, but I would love to find a drugstore dupe (just to be able to grab in an emergency).

Pros: Coverage, Luminous finish, 12+ hour wear
Cons: Coloring

Overall, I will definitely be repurchasing this foundation, and if I am able to find a shade to mix with my current one, then I will definitely upgrade this to HG status!

Video Reviews & Tutorials