December 19, 2014 | 1580 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by xoxmelissaa

I love this foundation. It stays on longer than most foundations I've tried. I find that foundations don't last that long on me. Overall it's really good. It's a nice full coverage foundation. I apply this foundation with that Ecotools bamboo bronzer blush and it makes me look flawless! I don't really know what to say about this foundation besides that it's good.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by sbritnell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been on the hunt for my HG foundation for many years. I have combination skin but my main issue is redness on the chin, nose and cheeks. I need a longwear foundation that doesn't slide off during the day and is good enough to cover the redness and even out my skin tone without looking like I have caked it on.
There is absolutely no doubt about the staying power of this foundation - it really is longwear. I apply it at 8.00am and it stays on well into the evening. Obviously it doesn't look as good as it did at 8.00am but no foundation ever will, but if you are looking for longwear I don't think you can find anything to beat this foundation (and I have tried most everything out there).
So when I first started using this foundation I didn't like it. It was thick and a bit like paint. But I stuck with it and what I found was that once I found the 'trick' to applying it everything made sense.
1. This foundation drys FAST. Only work in small amounts at a time, and be quick about it. The more you dispense and the longer you take to work it in, the less good it will look. Small amounts and quickly worked into the face is best (brush seems to work it into the face better in my opinion) and you really need to work it in.
2. Less is more. Apply in small amounts and build if you need to. Wait for a layer to dry if you build. But really I don't think you need to build that much, it covers so well. You don't need much of this foundation to get great coverage. A lot of layering will make this look cakey so beware.
3. If you have dry patches on your face, this foundation will stick to them - top trick - apply moisturiser immediately before applying the foundation and don't let it skin in - put the foundation straight over the top. This seems to lock in the moisturiser, protecting the dry parts.

My issue with redness....gone. This covers up all red patches. Every day I apply this and practice, the better it looks.
So, if you are in doubts, please give it at least of week of regular use. Try it with fingers, brush. Try a tiny amount and then a bit more, practice your technique in applying this.
First day I tried, I hated it. Now into the 5th day, I'm giving it 4 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by pennywhistlepoem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my second MAC foundation after Mineralize Satin Finish, and oh my my what a wonderful product! It is light, provides medium coverage that's buildable and stays on forever! It doesn't cake even with powder on. Gives a dewy finish, but again with powder it is manageable if you don't want that kind of glowy look. It has a very light and liquid-y texture, feels light on face as well, which is extremely important to me as I hate feeling like I have this thick paste on my face that is clogging each pore (Mineralize felt this way with powder on). It does everything you would need from a foundation and I love it. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by demix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my second MAC foundation that I got (first was the studio sculpt). I have purchased 2 bottles of this, the first one in NC25 which was a pretty good match for me, but a tiny bit too dark and the next one, in NC20 which is definitely my color.
My Skin: I have very weird skin, at times it can be very oily (T-zone). And then it can get random dry, flaky patches. But it's summer now, and I'm more towards the oily side. I do have scars from acne I had. Sometimes I still get a pimple here and there. If the product doesn't work for me, I will usually break out within two the three days. This did not break me out.
Packaging: Pretty nice, it has a pump which I love.
Lasting Power: I used this while I was going to school, and it pretty much lasted me all day without touchups. 8am-3pm. I did have to powder over it though.
Coverage: I would say that this gives about a medium - almost full coverage. It can be sheer I guess if you put a tiny bit on.
Actual product: The actual foundation was somewhat thick. After I am done applying it, I can kinda feel it on my skin, my skin doesn't feel like...well, skin. But I don't mind the heaviness of it. After applying, before powdering, you definitely feel a stickiness or tackiness to it when you touch your face. Which can be annoying when you powder over it. It sticks to the foundation (not really in a good way). I feel like for me, this does rub off a bit. It gets cakey very easily. You can't build it a lot after it dries.

Overall: This is a nice product if you don't apply too much to your face (cakiness). Med - Somewhat Full coverage. I apply with my fingers or the MAC 109 brush for more coverage. Good shade range. Doesn't break me out. Lasts a long time. However this isn't my HG foundation anymore. Lately, I've been looking for a better foundation for me, that I will love. But I will use up what I have now and possibly repurchase this in the future. Ask for a sample at MAC and try it out before you buy. (:
Sorry this was so long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by RazorBladeKiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am almost done with my first bottle of this product. I love it. It matches my skin tone really well. It blends out pretty evenly and you can add more layers depending on how much coverage you need. It covers a couple of acne scars I have on my cheeks with only one layer. I use a sigma f80 brush to apply this and I get a flawless finish. It really does last all day for me. I can take a nap and wake up still looking fresh. It has replaced my former HG Make Up Forever HD foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by luvsbrdeddragns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Once you figure this out, it's a GREAT product! At first, I didn't think it blended well so I would mix it with moisturizer or serum to thin it out. (I still do if I want a sheerer coverage.) But I FINALLY figured out if you put on your moisturizer, DON'T let it sink in, then apply this foundation, it goes on so smooth and looks fabulous. This is full coverage unless you sheer it with moisturizer. Wears like iron, yet doesn't take a garage tool to take it off. And I'm a fan of finger blending. Tried the brush, SK Beauty Blended thing, other sponges....
And those who complained about it feeling kinda tacky, give it a minute, that feeling goes away for me. Or I'll swipe a bit of loose powder over the top.
Coverage wise, this compares to Estee Lauder Double Wear, without the cystic acne.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is not the best foundation for dry skin. It settles around my dry patches and feels heavy on the face. I've been spoiled by how weightless the Makeup For Ever HD Foundation feels. Because this is a long-wearing formula, you have to make sure you blend it as quickly and as well as possible before it sets. It was such a pain for me to deal with this because I don't have enough time in the mornings to take a brush and carefully apply/blend the foundation. I would rather rely on applying with my fingers, which is something that cannot be done with the MAC Pro Longwear. Well, technically it CAN be, but the results won't look very good! Even with the Revlon Colorstay (a great drugstore alternative that lasts long and provides full coverage) I can smooth on with my fingers if I'm in a pinch because the texture is liquidy enough. In contrast, the texture of the MAC Pro Longwear is thicker and not as runny. I also got breakouts from this product, which was a another reason for me to return it. The only good things about it is that it has a pump, an SPF of 10, and there is a broad range of shades in the line.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 12:51:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me begin by saying that I have a lot of bias when it comes to this product. When the details of the Pro Longwear foundations were first popping up on blogs I was beside myself with glee that MAC was releasing a PPP shade. However, NC15 and NW15 really are much closer to a NC20 or a NW20, respectively. It is quite disappointing to be lured in by MAC's misjudgment of the shade of their foundation. Since this foundation is also full-coverage, it's not easy to "sheer out" to blend more easily into lighter skintones. That said, it does have a medium to full coverage. It's a bit on the dry side so it's probably ideal for normal to oily skin, but dry skinned gals could probably get this to work with a nice primer. It isn't sticky like other long wear foundations (IE Colorstay.) All in all, it was a very promising product, but a very big letdown in terms of MAC's quality control.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by egarrett2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the fact that this foundation comes with a pump. I am a firm believer that every liquid foundation should either have a well functioning pump or at least come in a squeeze bottle. Now to the actual foundation. I wear NC15, which is a great match. I put a pea size amount and dab it all over my T-zone, chin, and any other problem areas, and then smooth it out with my ELF powder brush, (which, by the way, I HIGHLY recommend. Buy ten of them.) Anywho, with this method, I get an almost full coverage look, without looking fake. Pro longwear does not feel too heavy, and it does have nice staying power. Other foundation tend to abandon my face after a couple hours, but I get a considerably longer wear time on my oily skin with this. I like to dust some studio fix powder on my nose to help mattify afterwards. Is it an HG foundation? No, probably not. Maybe. I don't know. I do need a touch up or two during the day as it does smear a little bit on my nose, which is really the only reason it doesn't have a five lippie rating. Nice wear, nice texture, nice colors, easy to apply, and as of right now, I would definitely purchase again. Who knows, maybe in the fall and winter this stuff might make it up to a five lippie rating. I don't think any other foundation I've tried could stand up to the heat like this one has, so buy it! I dare ya!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by microems

I have been using this product for about 4 months. I find that this product is best applied with a damp sponge by pressing the sponge lightly all over my face and concentrating on problem areas. I do wear a moisturizer/sunscreen under this product. I work outdoors and am exposed to heat, sun, humidity, sweat...you name it. My skin is very oily and acne-prone and I find that I have to blot about every 3-4 hours. Under these circumstances, at the end of the day this product is still on my face. It does not look cakey or turn into a different color.

I do have a lot of shallow acne scarring as well as hyperpigmentation from previous acne. Depending on the type of light, the scars can seem more obvious. It does cover hyperpigmentation-but not completely. I still have to go over the hyperpigmentations with a separate concealer.

In flash photography this seems to make my face look a little lighter than my neck---but this might just be from the sunscreen I wear underneath.

As far as breaking out I didn't find this to contribute to my acne. One piece of advice---remove this foundation really well. I use jojoba oil, which works amazing at removing long-wearing foundation.