MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 10/17/2011 2:42:00 PM

I have grown to love this foundation the more I use it. I am an NC25 and have very neutral skin and I find this suits my coloring because it leaves a healthy looking color. I find that it is indeed long wearing, it has excellent coverage and has a great finish. It is not too matte or too dewy, just right. Love it. The best way to apply is with a foundation paddle type brush.

on 10/16/2011 2:25:00 PM

Of the MAC foundations, I've only really used the face and body foundation. I never had issues with the f&b, or foundation samples I tried from MAC (studio sculpt, pro longwear). This foundation looks beautiful, and lasts a long time, but I can't seem to wear it more than 3-4 days in a row! My face broke out horribly, and I am not someone who has acne/breakout problems! It looks almost like a rash (tiny tiny bumps all over my face).

Though it's beautiful, I'll have to return this :(
Just as a note, my skin is not that sensitive, and I have never broken out from any foundations before- and I've tried A LOT of foundations. I guess I'll stay away from MAC foundations from now on...

on 10/15/2011 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love this foundation. It has a fantastic finish and lives up to its name. I went for a 30 minute jog after wearing it for four hours and then went out, it was still perfect 5 hours later. I wore it for a total of 12 hours or so. I'm acne prone and I haven't broken out at all after heavy use for 3 weeks. The foundation texture itself is very watery which at first I didn't like, but it's very easily buildable and still dries with a light feeling on my skin. I have dark spots, acne scars, and the occasional blemish that need covering up this can do the job even with out concealer. With a little effort this foundation can be a medium-full coverage but it does take a little work. Even with layers it does not settle into lines or cling to dry spots which is great. And the SPF doesn't give a ghostly white flash on your face in pictures. It's a perfect hit for me. I've found my holy grail foundation!

on 10/14/2011 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have combination oily/dry skin, this was way too drying on my dry areas and make my skin look wrinkled. Plus the NW colors are too orange and dark so I would have to mix with NC. not worth the money. I'll stick with my studio fix fluid.

on 10/13/2011 6:43:00 PM

I absolutely love this foundation. I have extremely sensitive skin, and I was very nervous about trying this product out because I've heard so many people talk about how MAC foundations break them out. However, I took a leap of faith and purchased it. I've gone through two bottles now, and about to go buy a third. It gives you a perfect satin-matte finish, and it truly does last all day. I'll put it on at 8am, and it still looks perfect when I take it off at 12pm that night. You do have to buff it into your skin quickly, but I find that it's not a problem for me. This foundation is absolutely amazing, and it's what I compare all my other foundations too!

on 10/10/2011 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

i didnt like this foundation. im not a big fan of liquid foundations but i heard some raves about this over on youtube. quite a few people stated that this foundation doesnt need to be set with a powder. being that i am having the hardest time finding a powder that doesnt break me out/clogged my pores, i decided to try using the mac prolong wear alone. first of all, this foundation is way too sheer and light for me. i need a full coverage foundation. unless you have nearly perfect skin, you will definitely need to use a concealer with this foundation. i spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to build the foundation and still could hardly cover any of my flaws. i cant say how well it lasts throughout the day b/c i hated the application so much that i washed it off shortly after applying it. it's going back to the mac store tomorrow..

on 10/10/2011 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I want full coverage, but this just feels nasty on my face. I mean it feels soo thick. If u don't need the coverage, i recommend u NOT buying it. I have a face full of acne blemishes, literally, and i hate this stuff because it will only make my face look horrible in the long run. I loooove Estee Lauder Double Wear but all their foundation colors are too pinkish, so i'm venturing out. But for ladies with problem skin, I suggest getting a foundation that actually lets ur skin breathe, and try to find a really good concealer to cover up the acne/blemishes. I use Cover Fx cream foundation to cover my blemishes and it works wonders! Check Lisa Eldridge and how she covers up acne in this video, it'll make u think twice about not putting all this crap on ur face!

I bought this foundation after reading many good reviews on it. I have combination/oily skin so I had really high hopes for this foundation. I'd say it's a medium/full coverage depending on how it's applied and how many pumps used. I also found that it didn't really control my oil all that much like it claims to. I still had to blot my face like I normally would even after setting it with powder. (I use the maybelline matte powder and sometimes the MAC MSF in medium plus) However, I do like how it gives me a nice matte finish when freshly applied. Makes my face look airbrush.

I've been using for almost 2 weeks, I've been having a skin issue recently. My skin is extremely oily yet dry on the surface. This cost approximately SGD58.00 and comes in a nice pump bottle. I noted that the color of this particular foundation is 1 shade darker than the normal series. I am normally an NC25, I bought this in NC20 and it matches perfectly.

This product was supposed to "stick" to your skin without it sliding off at the end of the day. However, I haven't seen that happen yet, maybe its the condition of my skin recently. When I'm wearing this, my makeup starts to slide by mid day and with 1 touch up at noon, my makeup still slides to nothingness at the end of the day.

I shall continue to use this and monitor its performance as I've read pretty good reviews on it.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This foundation has a beautiful finish. Very natural satin-matte finish. I have extremely oily skin (blotting once an hour) so for holding oilies up I don't expect much from any foundation. But this holds me up a bit longer than other foundations. I would say this is medium to full coverage. HOWEVER despite that it was almost everything I am looking for in a foundation, it broke me out in horrible deep cystic acne. Once I stopped using this my these breakouts stopped so i'm 500% it was the cause. It's a bummer because reading these reviews it seemed to be an exception from other mac foundations that break people out. I wish I could return it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials