October 21, 2014 | 1295 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by softcloth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So far so good. The pLink charger is clumsy and weird but other than that I am happy. The price is really high though. I bought mine at Macy's and with tax is was $127. A lot to spend to clean your face.
After about 2 months, I do see a difference in the texture of my skin. It is not a miracle product but I enjoy it very much and now my skin doesn't feel clean without it. I use it twice per day. I'm dreading paying the $30+ dollars for the replacement brush head though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by eddiecatt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have had this for three months now, and while I haven't experienced the miraculous improvement that others have, I can tell that my skin is improving slowly and steadily. It is not a cheap device, but for what it does, I can with hindsight say that it is actually reasonably priced. I made myself a deal--no facials for one year, but a Clarisonic and whatever skincare products I set my heart on, and so far I think the Clarisonic is winning! I definitely feel like my skin has improved more in the last few months than with any facials I've ever had. Just a note about moisturizers: it is true that they absorb much better after using the Clarisonic, but in my experience you end up using MORE because of that! But it's all good, because at least you know it's reaching into your skin ...

And if the part about changing brush heads every three months is making you think twice, I would say that it's a good thing--for all kinds of reasons you WANT to change these things regularly. I've been cleaning my brushhead semi-conscientiously, but it has still picked up stains from my turmeric face masks and also smells funny. Can't wait for the three-month mark to come round so I can put on a new one!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by bohm84

I absolutely love my Mia!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by maddenk80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just got this a few days ago - have only used it four times but already my skin feels great. Very clean and smooth. I have fair, sensitive skin and have experienced no intial break outs. In fact, it has already diminished congestion around my chin. Debated for a long time between the Mia and Plus, and glad I chose mia. It is portable and I think the speed is perfect. Wouldn't want a stronger or lighter speed. Might purchase the Plus if I decide to start using on my body, but think that would be too time consuming. The only thing I don't like is the face wash. I can barely tell it is on and works up no lather.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by bloomingiris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using the Clarisonic Mia for about half a year, and I am absolutely addicted to it. Blackheads are almost gone, pores appear smaller, and skin looks clean, fresh and glowing. I have used both the normal brush head and the one for delicate skin, and much prefer the latter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

I got it for Christmas and have been using it daily. It's great! I didn't have any initial breakout a lot of people experienced. Probably because I normally exfoliate my skin on a regular basis and use BP to prevent breakouts. I use it once a day in PM and I am honestly quite amazed at how much make-up is still left on my skin after my very first make-up removal step (I use micellar water to remove make-up before I wash my face). It doesn't help much with my occasionally flakey skin (BP and the cold windy weather have been the cause lately despite all the moiturizers etc I have tried) but my skin feels amazingly smooth. I can't tell if it prevents blemishes because my BP does that already but my skin looks quite a bit more clear and I use much less make-up now. I don't think you really need the pro-clarisonic version. Mia has it all! I love it and would absolutely purchase it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by latina72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Attention: people with cystic acne!!!

UPDATE: July 2012: after almost a year of using my MIA i have to confess that is the best tool i have found to fight my cystic pimples. Just this month, i got 4 FOUR!! cystic pimples in my chin, and after using my technique with MIA applying mia on the pimples as soon as you can feel them forming under your skin, my FOUR pimples dissolved inside before coming out to the surface. Is not like they are not there anymore, but they never made it to be noticeable and they are smaller and disappearing after 4 days of MIA treatment. I LOVE IT!!

I just found this is my secret weapon for cystic acne.. Like a lot of people i suffer from cystic acne specially in the chin area. Normally takes weeks! for the pimple to form and come out, developing a huge volcano size red bump, and finally a horrible deep scar.
I just discover that if i use the clarisonic mia as soon as i feel the pimple forming down inside my skin, for about 3-4 minutes on the affected area, the pimple disolves inside, even before getting red and bumpy. I repeat the process for about 4 days, one or twice a day, without rubbing, poking, putting ice, heat patches, anything... just leave it alone and use clarisonic very light... its wonderful, pimples never come out, disappear inside and nobody will see them ever... isnt great???!!
try it! even with one pimple this tool can prevent, is worth it..
I paid around 85 dlls for mine, but im so glad is helping me now. On top of that, really smooths your skin, and make it look better in general. Loooove it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by tylerr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

holy crap this device is it. my skin is so ridiculously clean after using this. i originally had the clarisonic pro, but found i dont need the option to go for 2 or 3 minutes, or even another speed. save your money and get this little guy. works just as well. my skin has never looked so good. when you first start using it you will start to break out, but the brush is drawing out the impurities so dont worry! keep with it for a few weeks and you will see the improvement. if you're looking to throw down some money, throw down on the clarisonic mia.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by jlbre5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I have combination skin. Until I started Uni at 17, I'd never had a pimple in my life. five years on my skin looks like it has a pimpley messy rash. So I thought I'd give the Mia a try.
Pros: It simplifies my skincare routine, and cuts the time in half. 1minute with this and my skin is squeaky clean (literally). Its 100% waterproof. Nifty charger. Easy to clean.
Cons: Moderately pricey (depending on how much you value skincare), lasts 20 uses but after about 5 the quality of the clean diminishes so you need to charge it every couple of days. Has given me a few underlying one bumps on one cheek.
Verdict: My products genuinely apply to my skin better, my skin feels super soft and healthy, did nothing for the acne/rash BUT! if you break out because of makeup then this would probably work. Im pretty confident that my skin problems are more hormonal and stress related, so i get nicer skin while still have the rash problem

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Chicagobabe89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've wanted a Clarisonic for a very long time, but I always thought that it was very expensive. One day at Sephora I saw the Mia, and I finally decided to buy it. My skin has always been comb to very oily, and acne-prone. I had very rough patches of skin on my forehead as well. I'm so glad that I bought it! It helped so much with exfoliating the dead skin, softening the rough patches, and making my skin feel clean. I love that it has a self-timer, so I don't have to worry about over-doing it. I've used it with both the delicate brush and the sensitive skin brush. I'm not sure if the cleansers really matter with the Clarisonic, but I use it with Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser. It's been over a year since I've purchased it, and hopefully this unit lasts me a very long time. If/when it eventually dies, I'll definitely get another one.