Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Seems silly but I fought my like for this product. I am trying to cut my spending down and turn to more natural products. As much as I want to dislike this oil/serum I actually love it except for the smell. It doesn't weigh down my hair or make it greasy.
The smell is not all that bad, I just smell it at first.

As for the price I purchased the larger size and it has lasted me a long time so I guess it is not all that horrible. I tried the One 'N Only version and it was ok but not as good as this one for me.

on 11/7/2010 1:25:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Got my hair done today, and my hairstylist asked if she could use this on me. My hair is very fine and curly, and I need something with more hold. I was a little hesitant because I tried the Sally's knockoff and hated it. Well, this is only marginally better. It's thinner than Sally's and actually looks oil-like, but it's loaded with silicones. If my memory serves me right, they are the second and third ingredients, then some kind of oil (apricot?) , THEN argan oil. It gave me a very flat crown and significantly relaxed the curl in my hair. No hold and the frizz is setting in. Great shine, though. So, so glad I didn't spend any money on this.

on 11/6/2010 10:29:00 AM

For your information: My hair is silky fine textured, but with a zillion bunch of hairstrands popping out of my scalp ;-) I like this product. And I love the smell, it reminds me of the Yves Rocher fragrance Cocoon (very nice). But, this should really be named Moroccan Silicone. Because that is what it is. The amount of oil in this is minimal. My hair happen to love cones in small amounts. If you try to avoid silicone, read the label of ingredients before you decide to purcase. It is NOT an oil as in avocado oil, argan oil, EVOO and so on. I will not repurchase if my tiny bottle of it ever run out. And that is because I have found other oils/oiling methods that performs so much better on my hair for a fraction of the price. And OH.... I hate the packaging! This stuff have to be used in very tiny amounts, and the product really should have been sold with a drop-nozzle kind of bottle. Mine is a medicine/pour type. Very un-proffesional and cheap for the price I paid.

on 11/4/2010 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This stuff made my hair really greasy, as did the knock off version from sally's beauty supply. I feel that it is very misleading b/c it really is just a silicone styling product and not much argan oil. I think if your hair starts to feel healthier b/c of it -- it really is because the silicones are just helping to smooth everything out. That is great for the short term to LOOK like you have healthy hair. In the long run, the silicones just build up way too much for me and I have greasy and dry hair? Anyway, glad it works for so many people, including many of my good friends. I guess that I just like the pure oil form of any product better. Gleam from Killer Strands is a great mix of a bunch of oils - and only the oils. No silicones filling it up. I didn't think Gleam was all that great at first, but now that I have finished the bottle and have not been using it as much the last few months, I realize that maybe this is just a better healing oil instead of just masking the damage like the Moroccan Oil does. Gave it two lippies b/c it really does help make your ends look polished and smooth and if it seems to work so well for others - they can't all be wrong. This is just my experience with it...Oh well. Gave it away.

on 11/4/2010 6:27:00 AM

I have really fine, coloured blonde, fragile hair. After repeated dying and extensions my hair has been quite brittle for 2 years. I have also never had hair that grew quickly with my longest hair being just pass my shoulders. In the last 1.5 months of using the Moroccan Oil (I know I'm starting to sound like an advert but its true) my hair has grown significantly (I even notice it) it has been smoother, dries quicker = less heat time and just has great body. The first time I used I made the mistake of putting it thickly through my roots, now I just use through the middle and ends and then lightly from root to tip at the end. I either then blow dry with a heat protectant or let to air dry.

I've just bought the shampoo and conditioner to take with me overseas, can't wait to see if it adds to the growth!

on 10/24/2010 11:10:00 PM

My hair cannot live without this product! It makes my hair soft, silky and smell fantastic!

on 10/22/2010 6:26:00 PM

I was so excited about this...put it on my hair and it felt so good because my comb just ran through so easily.....and then my hair got really dry in about half an hour. Every time I tried it a different way my hair got dryer and dryer. I finally looked at the ingredients and most of them are SILICONES !!
I quit using it, threw it out and now my hair is healthy again.
I have to say it really surprised me that it was so bad.
Now I use jojoba oil and it makes my hair healthy and shiny.

I didn't think it did much of anything at all. And it was way too expensive to not do anything. Won't buy again. They may have to pay me to try this again.

on 10/21/2010 10:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Edited to add: Too many silicones, build up.

i have been using the M oil for 6 months, and it has been great for my thick wiry mop!
yesterday i also purchased a travel pack with the shampoo / conditioner / styling creme / oil; surprising results, my hair has never looked so shiny, my hair never looks shiny but after using the shampoo, rinsing then putting the oil through my hair, then the conditioner and rinsing, lastly putting a drop of the styling creme into my towel dried hair I am impressed. highly recommend all the products tried for those who love the M oil but want even greater results. I have also used the hydrating mask which i will review separately.

on 10/18/2010 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

you know, i really thought i would love this product. i loved the idea of using an oil, my mom has given me head massages with coconut oil pakistani style since i was a kid and it's good for your hair. i love a heavier product that keeps my curls together in nice ringlets. i have actually had great success using frizz ease for coarse hair.

HOWEVER! this was gross. i was excited to use it, i had just gotten a new hair cut and was stoked to try this cute product with the nice smell, and i was embarassed all day! i wanted to go home and wash it out! it made my hair slick and greasy, and trust me i only used a dime size for my thick, coarse, curly hair, past shoulder length hair. it actually flattened out some of my curls somehow? i am very low maintenance, i just condition, put something nice in my hair and let it air dry. my curls go crazy and i like it. with this product, my hair was flat, not bouncy, weirdly curly, and slick to the touch. i read all the reviews beforehand and really fell in love with it before i tried it heh.

i don't want to use frizz ease but man my hair looks great with it. i would love to switch to something more natural that has less of a generic scent but..

Top Rated Moroccanoil Products