BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

A few shades lighter than my usual contour product by Mac, Harmony. I use this as a contour, I can build it up as a bronzer as well. It's not orangey but a nice tan. I would probably buy this again but there is so much product in this little box so I probably won't. I would probably go and buy one as a gift or something =)

on 3/4/2012 6:54:00 PM

I don't get it. On my skin (MAC C3) this looked like dirt, no matter how much blending I did. Dirt I can get the old-fashioned way. Glow is what I need to fake...

on 3/4/2012 6:44:00 PM

hands down best bronzer i've ever used for my NC25 skin, and ive been through my fair share. My issue with bronzers is that they are never the right undertone. They're either too red, orangey, or they make me look muddy. This does none of those. Also, contouring has always been a challenge with bronzers. Light bronzers can't build up dark enough, and deep bronzers are too difficult to blend out. This is a medium toned, NEUTRAL bronzer that can easily be used lightly all over, or can be built up for a more dramatic contour. Absolutely in love. If you don't believe me, try out a smaller size in one of BeneFit's kits, and you'll be running out to buy the full size!

on 2/24/2012 6:58:00 PM

This is the best bronzer I have ever used. I use it daily and the last time I bought it for $28 was about 4 years ago, and yes I said I use it daily sometimes alone, sometimes with Coralista, and other benefit products I own. The packaging is super cute and definitely I have gotten my moneys worth since I have not yet had to replace it.....

on 2/20/2012 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wouldnt buy it again because itís staying power is not good. I find it disappearing and kind of not even showing up on my nc25 skin.. im not that tan but it really doesnít contour well. I guess this is good for an all over bronzer if you want to make your face look darker, but not so much as a cheek contour.

on 2/19/2012 10:04:00 AM

I seriously love this bronzer. Its matte, it doesnt have any orangey or red color to it. Its just a rich brown to give you the perfect bronze look. I used to always just use bronzer and rarely blush so i have a lot of other bronzers with shimmer and all that and they are pretty and i do still use them every once it a while but this has become an everyday stable in my makeup rutine. Great staying power, product lasts forever and pairs perfectly with any blush. I would definately repurchase but first ive been meaning to buy nars laguna as well.

on 2/18/2012 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This bronzer barely showed up on my NC35 skin. It only showed up when I applied it with the hard little brush that came with the bronzer (because it picked up enough product then) but at the same time it looked cakey and unnatural when I did that. I was really hoping that Hoola would be good, but it's just not for me. I'm shocked to say this but I actually prefer Rimmel's natural bronzer in sun bronze over Hoola. It gives me the nice flush of warmth that Hoola failed to do!

I absolutely adore my HOOLA bronzer. I have fair skin and therefore not all bronzers work me and end up making me look more muddy than glowy. I decided to get this after reading so many great reviews and discovering that it's a matte bronzer, which I prefer to the shimmery disco ball looks of other bronzers. I like to use this for contouring my face and also to add a little more color in the summer. It works so well. But do remember to use this lightly, especially if you have lighter skin. It does blend out well but its always best to build up as you go. The packaging is okay, the design is fun and cute but the box takes up a lot of space in my travel bag (which I am okay with). Sometimes I feel like the little lid is just gonna snap off though. I gotta admit, I was a little dissapointed when I realized this didn't have a scent unlike the other boxed powders. The price is pretty high, but the product lasts a very long time so ultimately it is worth it. I'm still wanting to try the Too Faced Chocolate bronzer though as I've heard great reviews. Overall great product.

on 2/17/2012 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I really like this bronzer. I haven't had too much experience with bronzers before, and this one seems to be perfect. I get perfect sun kissed skin when I use it alone. If I use it with a pink/peach blush and a highlighter on my face perfect glow! It's a matte finish, so it compliments any highlight you put on your face, and perfect color pairing with a pink/peach blush, giving you an amazing glow.

I wasn't a fan of the price, considering it's rather a small amount of product (in my opinion). But none the less, it will probably last awhile. I've had it for a couple weeks now, and have literally used it every day! Just to get a good try out of it.

The packaging is in a cute cardboard box, but it is cardboard, and I also don't buy products for the cute factor anyway. I don't know if I would tote this around with me in my travels. I'd just worried it'd break.

A little goes a long way too, I don't know if it's my brush, but it seems to pick up quite a bit more so than other bronzers I've tried. Make sure you knock off some of the bronzer before you apply. And ENJOY!

on 2/16/2012 1:44:00 PM

I quite like this product, it's hard to find a bronzer that isn't glittery, so this is quite nice.
It comes in a cute box, although I'm not sure the cardboard will stand up to much when carried around all day in a bag.
I like the colour of this, it gives me a nicely tanned hue, which is good as I can be very pale in winter (my skin is quite patchy, it's red on my cheeks and pale pretty much everywhere else) unfortunately it doesn't last all that long, which I suppose is fine if you are in the habit of carrying your makeup about, and it does last longer than a few bronzers I've tried (Collection 2000). Other reviews have mentioned that the brush included isn't great, I think it feels lovely and would probably work better if it was a different shape, as it is if you aren't careful applying hoola with that brush, you will end up with lines where you've swept across your face and run out of powder and had to go back to the box for more, be careful to blend these in!
I think that this will last me quite a while as I only need a tiny bit of product, otherwise I'd run the risk of looking orange! I think it's quite buildable as well so you can go lighter or darker as desired.
I would probably buy this again as it feels quite nice and it hasn't broken me out.

Popular Bronzers