December 19, 2014 | 1466 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by gvmullins

I've been a devoted Hoola user for 12 years. Hoola is the perfect shade of naturally tan, without ever looking orangy or cakey. However, I am no longer going to be using this product at the fault of Benefit. The packaging of Hoola is a complete failure.

I've always been annoyed by the fact that it's in a square container, because you can never get all the way to the corners of the counter intuitive box it comes in, and a ton of product goes to waste. I'd say the last 35% of the bronzer goes to complete waste, which is unfortunate because it aint cheap! In additon, the stupid little brush they include is a complete waste of money and materials - I've never used that thing to apply the powder and neither do any of my friends who use Hoola, either.

But what REALLY has caused me to stop using the product is the new box design that just came out. Benefit has reduced the amount of bronzer from .40 oz to .28oz but has kept the price the SAME! They shaved off almost HALF of the bronzer amount, but are still charging $28. I noticed this after my beloved bronzer ran down to the tin after only a week and a half with the new box, and I looked at my old box and low and behold - I saw the new shady change. After contacting Benefit customer service and getting the runaround, it's apparent that they don't give a toot about their customers, and I'll be finding a new bronzer as a result. I can't afford over $30 for bronzer every other week. My 12 year streak has come to an end. They just lost a LOYAL customer.

73 out of 75 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

I think this is my favourite bronzer. Bronzers are an item that I purchase a lot of and have many in my collection and this is the one I always gravitate towards. I love the colour and it seems to be the perfect amount of colour. It is a little on the pricey side but in it's defense, it does last quite awhile. I will repurchase this. Update: I have found that this tends to make me look dirty.. I have moved onto the Prestige bronzer as it tends to look more natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by betteefelon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a good bronzer. I really like that it doesn't have any sparkle, which I find annoying and so many bronzers have sparkle. It is a sort of neutral brown powder, which works well for me. It can get muddy looking if you use too much, though. My one major complaint about this product is about the packaging. I hate the the brushes that come in these packages... They apply well but they have scratchy block-shaped handles. At times when I've been in a hurry to swipe on some bronzer, I've accidentally scratched myself on the face on the corner of the brush. Couldn't they round the edges? But a good product, anyway, that gives believable color. Will repurchase. Should probably use one of my many better-quality brushes, anyway, ha ha.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by caitrin87

This is my favorite bronzer so far..
I love the matte look of this bronzer as it looks quite natural on my light/medium skin tone (Nars Laguna I use as a highlight, but is a little too shimmery for everyday) the colour is a lovely tan instead of the orangey colour which many bronzers have.
The brush which is provided is completely useless as a few people have pointed out, and it would be great if this was packaged with a little mirror.
Also, I would definitely recommend applying this with a light hand to avoid the 'dirty face' look which you'll get from applying too much of this.
Overall, love this bronzer! A little goes a long way! One box lasts me about 8 months.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by rachysetty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great colour bronzer. but only in the summer months for me with my fair skin. It comes with a brush but this is not great and I use a big bronzer brush to give me an even overall coverage, although small box does make this hard. Gourgeous packaging as always from benefit. Lasts for ages and does not have stupid sparkles in that some do which just make my oily skin look oilier.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by shaeli

Good bronzer for daytime use as it adds colour without adding any unnatural shimmer or orange. Only problem I have with it is with the brush it comes with. This applies product too heavily and is very hard to use. Instead I use a skunk brush to apply the product as this picks up less product and therefore enables me to layer the product for a more natural look. With this taken into account I am definitely a fan of the product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by ErinK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As a cool, very fair person, bronzers are a challenge for me. Muddy, dirty, orange, etc. I was browsing Ulta and got sucked in by a makeup artist who was very eager to help me find something. I admitted I was sort of in the market for bronzer and he immediately raced over to Hoola. He said it was the best bronzer in the store and he had tried them all. I believed him--he was very into his craft! He applied it and it wasn't half bad. He assured me it's the most natural one for pale people, because it has no shimmer and no orange. I took the bait.

When applied with a VERY VERY light hand, this indeed wakes me up from the dead without looking fake. But it really is quite pigmented and dark for pale people. At least it will last a lifetime at this rate. No red, orange, or shimmer, just tan/brown color. Silky, fine. Package is a pain, would prefer a plastic compact and a larger surface area to sweep the brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by filarei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I barely use bronzer in general but i decided to buy a matte brown bronzer to complete my benefit box collection. This is a very pigmented brown, very easy to look muddy if you use a heavy hand for application. Good quality packaging and texture is so smooth and not chalky. Very good investment!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by FlawlessFaces

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this bronzer! It is amazing, and what I like most about it is that it's a matte bronzer. I was looking for a bronzer and I was looking at Nars' Laguna, the infamous bronzer - but it was just too shimmery. And, I have combo skin and the only place I like shimmer is on my cheeks (blush) and on my eyes (eyeshadow). It was just too much for me, so I decided to go with Benefit's Hoola and I'm so glad I did. It's amazing, and I have pretty fair skin, and it really works - and I've had problems with bronzers making me look orange in the past, but this one is great. The only thing about this is the packaging, it's cute and everything, but it's a box which is kind of inconvienient for packing a makeup bag for a trip or something, it should be a little more compact. But, overall an amazing product and I would recommend & purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Molliemo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Bought this bronzer a couple of months ago and I love it, lovely natural colour on me , very fine powder , cute packaging and the brush that comes with it good quality , but too small to get even coverage so i use a kabuki brush to put it on , maybe it would be too dark if you have a very pale skin .