November 29, 2014 | 977 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

I think this is my favourite bronzer. Bronzers are an item that I purchase a lot of and have many in my collection and this is the one I always gravitate towards. I love the colour and it seems to be the perfect amount of colour. It is a little on the pricey side but in it's defense, it does last quite awhile. I will repurchase this. Update: I have found that this tends to make me look dirty.. I have moved onto the Prestige bronzer as it tends to look more natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by betteefelon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a good bronzer. I really like that it doesn't have any sparkle, which I find annoying and so many bronzers have sparkle. It is a sort of neutral brown powder, which works well for me. It can get muddy looking if you use too much, though. My one major complaint about this product is about the packaging. I hate the the brushes that come in these packages... They apply well but they have scratchy block-shaped handles. At times when I've been in a hurry to swipe on some bronzer, I've accidentally scratched myself on the face on the corner of the brush. Couldn't they round the edges? But a good product, anyway, that gives believable color. Will repurchase. Should probably use one of my many better-quality brushes, anyway, ha ha.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by caitrin87

This is my favorite bronzer so far..
I love the matte look of this bronzer as it looks quite natural on my light/medium skin tone (Nars Laguna I use as a highlight, but is a little too shimmery for everyday) the colour is a lovely tan instead of the orangey colour which many bronzers have.
The brush which is provided is completely useless as a few people have pointed out, and it would be great if this was packaged with a little mirror.
Also, I would definitely recommend applying this with a light hand to avoid the 'dirty face' look which you'll get from applying too much of this.
Overall, love this bronzer! A little goes a long way! One box lasts me about 8 months.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by rachysetty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great colour bronzer. but only in the summer months for me with my fair skin. It comes with a brush but this is not great and I use a big bronzer brush to give me an even overall coverage, although small box does make this hard. Gourgeous packaging as always from benefit. Lasts for ages and does not have stupid sparkles in that some do which just make my oily skin look oilier.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by shaeli

Good bronzer for daytime use as it adds colour without adding any unnatural shimmer or orange. Only problem I have with it is with the brush it comes with. This applies product too heavily and is very hard to use. Instead I use a skunk brush to apply the product as this picks up less product and therefore enables me to layer the product for a more natural look. With this taken into account I am definitely a fan of the product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by ErinK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As a cool, very fair person, bronzers are a challenge for me. Muddy, dirty, orange, etc. I was browsing Ulta and got sucked in by a makeup artist who was very eager to help me find something. I admitted I was sort of in the market for bronzer and he immediately raced over to Hoola. He said it was the best bronzer in the store and he had tried them all. I believed him--he was very into his craft! He applied it and it wasn't half bad. He assured me it's the most natural one for pale people, because it has no shimmer and no orange. I took the bait.

When applied with a VERY VERY light hand, this indeed wakes me up from the dead without looking fake. But it really is quite pigmented and dark for pale people. At least it will last a lifetime at this rate. No red, orange, or shimmer, just tan/brown color. Silky, fine. Package is a pain, would prefer a plastic compact and a larger surface area to sweep the brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by filarei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I barely use bronzer in general but i decided to buy a matte brown bronzer to complete my benefit box collection. This is a very pigmented brown, very easy to look muddy if you use a heavy hand for application. Good quality packaging and texture is so smooth and not chalky. Very good investment!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by FlawlessFaces

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this bronzer! It is amazing, and what I like most about it is that it's a matte bronzer. I was looking for a bronzer and I was looking at Nars' Laguna, the infamous bronzer - but it was just too shimmery. And, I have combo skin and the only place I like shimmer is on my cheeks (blush) and on my eyes (eyeshadow). It was just too much for me, so I decided to go with Benefit's Hoola and I'm so glad I did. It's amazing, and I have pretty fair skin, and it really works - and I've had problems with bronzers making me look orange in the past, but this one is great. The only thing about this is the packaging, it's cute and everything, but it's a box which is kind of inconvienient for packing a makeup bag for a trip or something, it should be a little more compact. But, overall an amazing product and I would recommend & purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Molliemo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Bought this bronzer a couple of months ago and I love it, lovely natural colour on me , very fine powder , cute packaging and the brush that comes with it good quality , but too small to get even coverage so i use a kabuki brush to put it on , maybe it would be too dark if you have a very pale skin .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by AlyssaJD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I havnt bought this product yet but i wanna save any girls that read the review with the most thumbs up. IF YOU ARE VERY PALE, PAY ATTENTION.

Bronzers i was looking into after sooo much reseach: Tarte matte waterproof bronzer in park ave princess, Too Faced Chocolate, and Benefit Hoola all matte because sparkles are soo tacky. Those are in order being benefit i wanted last.
I live far away from a sehora, so i had my trusty list of things to look into when i went in to a big city for the day with 5 other girls. My list consisted of this along with many other products. We all went into sephora and i went to tarte and swatched the bronzer on the back of my hand, which is a tiny bit darker than my face. It was really orange looking, like more than NYC sunny, which i do like by the way.
So it was a definite no.
Moved onto too face, which was right beside tarte. Swatched it on my hand. VERY pigmented, not orange, great packaging (HATE benefit boxs...) and smelled really nice. I was super excited. So far this is bronzer is looking awesome. Before i bought it, i wanted to ask the SA, is there any other matte bronzers that are lighter than the too faced, she right away grabbed the benefit, which i didnt even wanna look at. She said, let me apply both to your face and see which one you like. My friends watched as she did this. Too face went on first. They were all like NO! WAY TO DARK! my heart sank :( i looked in the mirror and i instanty rubbed it off with a kleenx. I asked her if she applyed it very lightly and she said, as lightly as she could she applied it.
I let her put the benefit on as i was sulking and my friends all said, that looks amazing on you! I looked in the mirror and it did look good. No orange, just a light perfect brown taned look. I was happy.
Moral of this crazy long story. The chocolate toofaced bronzer is awesome. Its everything i want, but im to light. And us basically albinos have to go with whatever is light enough. And i had to go with hoola. Now, i have not used this product on myself yet. Im ordering it online to save me a ton of money along with many other products. I just hope some light skinned girl reads this review after the one by some girl who said that the too facedchocolate one is better, which it is in alot of ways but this one wont let you down if you have white skin. No foundations are light enough for me so if you are like me, your gonna like this.
Some other products i have found that match great are, NARS loose powder in SNOW as well as my only mac product i own studio concealer in NC15. As far as foundations go, i havnt found any.
I will review this when i get it on the staying power, blendability, ect. Hope this helps someone! :)

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No