August 30, 2014 | 1664 users online

Liquid - Laura Mercier - Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2005 11:56:00 AM More reviews by pumpkinspice

I was previously using Clarins True Radiance which was a so-so foundation for me. It broke me out and never ever lasted throughout the day. After looking around, and reading these reviews, I decided to try LM oil free foundation. Ok, let me tell you how much I love this foundation!! It is a true oil free foundation unlike many other so-called oil free foundations (like Prescriptives Virtual Matte which is NOT truly oil free at all by the way...) and LM oil free foundation stays on great, blends in well (its pretty sheer with excellent "buildability") and best of all, it does NOT break me out at all (and EVERYTHING breaks me out!!!)
I can say all this after using it consistently for a month. Im very happy and will re-purchase it when its gone. The packaging is a bit frustrating, as the cap tends to come off if you take it with you, but Im totally willing to sacrifice that for a great foundation!! :) EDIT 8/14/05...still in love :) no problems whatsoever EDIT EDIT :) this stuff started drying me out and breaking me out. Sigh. BUT I found Maybelline Pure Foundation to be a great replacement!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2005 11:09:00 PM More reviews by shadowxtime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dear Laura Mercier,
Thank you so much for making this foundation! But seriously, this is the best stuff I've ever used. I had been using MAC studio fix for along time. I kept breaking out and I would write it off as stress or climate changes. I finally checked out the reviews on makeup alley and then decided to try it out in person, after talking to the MA I realized it was MAC that was making me breakout so bad. I was initally discouraged at the application process (using a damp sponge), but it is well worth the extra time it takes. The buildable coverage is wonderful, and it's never cakey or streaky. I will never use anything else. The pump makes the bottle stay cleaner, and thus more sanitary. I haven't been breaking out since the switch, and I've had so many people tell me they like my make up! I stayed away from Laura Mercier for a long time, probably because of the no frills packaging or gimicks the lines like MAC use, but the quality speaks for its self.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2005 6:20:00 PM More reviews by lizzyd220

I did not like this product. I gave it about three weeks, because my skin was still recovering from a bad reaction to Estee Lauder's doublewear. It did not break me out as badly as Estee Lauder's (I have super sensitive skin), but it did cause irritaion and more clogged pores. My biggest complaint about this product is the way it wore on my skin. It was greasy and everytime i touched my face it would be all over my fingers. It was like it was dripping off of my face. My face is naturally combo skin so this is not an often occuring problem. It also did not look right with the texture of my face. It wasn't the color, it was the texture that made it very obvious that I was wearing foundation. But speaking of color, I was inbetween so I had to mix two. I bought the lighter color and the SA gave me a large sample of the next shade darker. I have since returned it and am using Max Factor PanStick, which i like a lot more. Wears on my face better, incredibly non-comedogenic ingredients, and much cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2005 1:04:00 PM More reviews by jewellofsd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have never been into foundation. I have very oily skin and it's hard to keep the shine at bay. This was my first foundation purchase and I LOVE it!! I wasn't sure if I would be able to find a color right for me, but I did (toffee bronze). I wanted a foundation that was natural looking and didn't look cakey. This foundation evens out my skin tone and provides the sheer coverage that I was looking for. The good thing about this foundation is that you apply the foundation so you have sheer to medium-full coverage. Also, the foundation is in a pump which I really like. For those of you with oily skin, I would also recommend getting the translucent setting powder. These two together work wonders for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2005 10:59:00 AM More reviews by carol_81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

maybe my expectation was too high but this is nothing for me. the colour seems to change during the day. consistency isn't better than with any other brands. though it's easy to apply, you could always clearly see that i was wearing make-up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2005 6:45:00 PM More reviews by dewdropsjd

Great packaging (pump). It is my everyday foundation. I use Estee Lauder So Ingenious for Special Events because it is good for pictures.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2005 6:41:00 PM More reviews by goldenbeauty007

I have used this before, but didn't like it. I tried it again and now loving it. This time I was colormatched well and shown the proper way to have a flawless face without looking made up. I love sheer foundations, but love this because it can be sheer and still cover up without looking oily or runny. This is definitely HG. I do not need to use the primer. I just use Clarins Oil Free moisturizer underneath and works well with it. I am Suntan Beige.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2005 8:25:00 PM More reviews by LedZep36

Yikes! I was hoping for better results with a $48 dollar of foundation and was sadly disapointed. I am very oily, acne prone and w/huge pores. I found this to have a weird shine to it.It reminded me of BE mineral makeup. This is not what I want with very oily skin. It also just looked greasy and orangy. I used Honey Beige. I only used it for 3 days and I seem to have no break outs which is the only reason I did not give it a one. I did try it w/the wet sponge application and I can find better dept store foundation that will do better or just as worse then this one for a lot less.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2005 6:09:00 PM More reviews by pittsburghlady

I was disappointed in this product, especially for the price. It leaves streaks no matter how I apply it, and it settles into fine lines which I don't notice with other foundations. Good points: it stays on for hours and the color match is great.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2005 12:45:00 PM More reviews by LMB3872

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation looked FAB on my friends, but it looked strange on me. I didn't have the patience to apply it I guess. I used warm ivory, but it was too light and unfortunately the sunny beige is too dark. I love the tinted foundation though, and I am achieving excellent results with the foundation powder. I just wished this worked for me. I gave it to another friend. I just found it difficult to work with. I am very pink. Everytime I applied, I could still see pink, but with OF makeup on top of it (almost like that sponge technique that people use on their walls). I had a hard time blending it as well. However, I love Laura Mercier products. They are lovely and well made.