MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I purchased this through Missha USA website at the Friends and Family sale. I wanted to try a BB Cream, this seemed a good way to go.
I just learned I am MAC NW20, but more neutral than pink.
I bought - not knowing my MAC shade - 021 - because I am pale, but with freckles, sun damage and some melasma.
I don't have extra dry skin, normal/dry on cheeks and oily Tzone.
I have to say coverage was goid, almost luminous, though not super duper on the darker freckles, it really calms it all down.
Best of all on the oily parts, it's pretty amazing.
I took a chance and it was a huge payoff.

on 5/5/2012 4:14:00 PM

EDIT 1/27/13: This gave me blackheads in the area near my nose, I have discontinued use and moved onto another bb cream.
Background: generally clear skin tone and pimples that don't tend to break through the skin. I have a lot of red dots on my face - broken blood vessels under the skin, and without makeup, tends to be very obvious. Missha perfect cover manages to melt into my skin. I use a lot, usually almost a full pump, to cover my entire face. Clearly, when I'm applying it, you can see it spreading out, but I just sweep it across my face, tap it a few times to finish blending, and then reapply where I look like I need more coverage. I tend to skip concealer except for my undereyes since I use a lighter concealer there, but I really don't need concealer with this bb cream. I have tried foundations, TMs, mineral foundations, I've tried a lot. It is very difficult to find one that melds with your skin while providing full coverage and relatively the right color. Although the coverage is absolutely full for this product, my skin does not look like the bb cream is sitting on top of it. With a finishing powder, it melds right into my skin and keeps my skin "clarity" while providing coverage. This alone makes it worthwhile for me to repurchase unless I find another bb cream (this is the first one I tried) that would do the same.

The scent is strong - my powder brush carries the scent even though I only use it to put powder on after my bb cream has dried, but I find I don't notice it through the day. I have to blot multiple times through the day, my powder and the bb cream are not enough to keep my oils at bay, but I do appreciate the heavy coverage enough to tolerate the oils breaking through. The color match is a smidgen too pale for me, but I use a powder that's just a bit darker, so it all works out. I use enough that the SPF is at least mostly there (I know, you have to use a certain amt per sq inch of your screen, but as I use the same amount of sunscreen that I use bb cream, possibly less, I assume my coverage is about even. I use a lot of bb cream for my face. Plus, it's sunblock, not sunscreen).

I have not found this to break me out more, but I do find that it will remain shiny and oily looking unless I set it with a powder. Cleansing requires a heavy cleaning cream as well as Purity to keep my skin completely clear.

on 5/2/2012 10:44:00 AM

For reference, I am a NC20 in MAC, 002 in Revlon, Light02 in Maybelline. I have quite alot of red acne scars(not pitted but discolored scars) and some small acne from time to time. My skin has a "unoticeable" yellow undertone since it is pretty unseen & I look whiter than most Asians. But when applying makeup, yellow undertone matches my skin the best. I use it in #21

Now the product. I have been using this one for 3 years already. And with such experience, I can tell you exactly what I like about it and exactly what I don't. I have tried it in every size it comes in, i bring the 20ml size one with me on trips/flights. and keep the full size on at home. My skin has its ups and downs and when it's super clear with only few acne scars, this is THE HG FOUNDATION/BB CREAM for my face. A little goes a long way and I only dot it on my problem areas after moisturizer. When using minimal amount of this bb cream, the color matches me perfectly and gives my skin a flawless finish (with setting powder ofc). Thick consistency, powder like finish, not quite matte, dewy finish. Baby powder smell, too strong for my liking.
I only have problem with this bb cream when my skin is an absolute disaster. When i'm on my final exam weeks or period, my skin breaks out, becomes crazy red all over. Although my acne dries up pretty fast, it takes long time before the driness goes away. This bb cream has quite impressive coverage but I still need a whole lot (one and a half pump)for my face when it's going insane. & everything is just not right. When you pile too much bb cream on, it looks grey/ashy/dirty/cakey, you name it. Plus, this bb cream has a pinkish undertone so when i apply too much, it just doesn't match my yellow undertone right and give me a messy look. When i let it set, it dries up my problem areas and accentuate them quite alot.

Hence, I figured out a way to make it look less messy when my skin is breaking out (since i still haven't found a bb cream that does a 'better' job and i don't wanna use foundations). I dab a sheer coat over any redness or pimples, blend in by dabbing with my concealer brush. Then taking a smaller brush, dab my actual concealer over spots that need more coverage. Then set with a loose powder. This method minimizes the use of bb cream and makes it look less heavy while giving a natural finish. This is quite time consuming so I ordered a tube of #23 hoping that it would fit my yellow undertone more and look less pinkish/ashy when I apply slightly more.

Here is the final verdict: Best bb cream for coverage, wish it has less pink undertone, will continue to purchase this until I find something better, too dewy for summer, too scented for sensitive skin.

on 5/2/2012 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I don't know how anyone could wear this product. I tried this on and had to take it off right away...it made me look like a corpse...like a light brownish-green tint. I had to wash my face twice with cleansing oil, and then with a strong cleanser to get this nasty goo off! Terrible terrible product!

on 5/1/2012 2:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have been experimenting with BB creams for a little while and the first one I got was the Skin79. It was a wonderful BB cream but unfortunately for me it broke me out something horrible. I have oily, overactive pores and if you're acne prone, that is not the BB cream for you. After a few days i wound up with cystic acne all along my jaw-line on both sides, and completely errupted in cystic acne on one cheek. I immediately stopped using Skin79 and purchased a sample of Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream No. 23.

The consistency of Missha is more watery than Skin79. It's easily blendable, and it does cover nicely, although if you're looking to cover severe acne spots, or deep red marks, this really won't do much for you, you'll have to follow up with a powder foundation or some other sort of cover.

I've been using Missha for over a week now and have not had any breakouts so I can say that this BB cream is extremely suitable for those who have acne prone skin.

I'm really not sure if I can see it healing my skin just yet, but I notice that I can wear this the whole day, not do any touch ups and still look nice by the end of the work day. Sometimes my face gets weird and splotchy with uneven tone, this seems to keep it under control.

I also have flakey dry skin and this does not accentuate it, I think it's actually helped keep it at bay.

I use this BB cream and then follow up with a finishing powder and it leaves me with a very smooth, even, flawless and natural finish. It's also really not expensive if you buy it off Amazon.

on 5/1/2012 12:55:00 AM

I'm super pale and freckly with weird slightly olive/pink/extremely neutral undertones that make it almost impossible for me to find a natural-looking color match. For reference, I'm lighter than NC 15. I also have very oily skin and an abundance of acne scars. I had heard all of the hype about bb creams for a while, and after much research I decided to order this product in shade #13. I've had terrible luck with 99 out of 100 foundation shades and was skeptical that it would match me and provide enough coverage, but it really did its job. It's the most natural-looking makeup I've found in years-- it legitimately matches my skin tone and it covers most of my scars, save a few that I have to dot with concealer. Sometimes I don't even have to use concealer on my dark circles! My mom saw me wearing this and said my skin looked "flawless". Lasts for most of the day as well, as long as I blot every once in a while. All of this, plus the 30+ SPF, makes this a fantastic product in my book. Will definitely repurchase. I'd even go so far as to call it an HG. I may never wear "normal" foundation again.

on 4/30/2012 11:34:00 PM

Every major cosmetics company has been jumping on the B.B. cream bandwagon like there's no tomorrow. I am happy to remain on the sidelines; fads needs to be very persuasive to make me sway their way.

My sister had given me a bottle because there was no tester at the Korean grocery store and the colour turned out to be too light for her skin tone.

On a lazy Sunday, I decided to put on a couple of dollops and all I can really say is that sometimes it is better to excel in one thing versus being mediocre in many. Despite the package's claims, it does not do everything that it purports to do , i.e. conceal, moisturize, heal, diminish lines etc. Furthermore, am I the only one here who finds it annoying that there is still a fixation with "skin lightening" and whitening in our post-colonial age?

Anyway, if you can reconcile with the fact that you are merely purchasing a slightly more pigmented moisturizer, go for it.

on 4/25/2012 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good standard BB Cream & far better than Western brands. Keep in mind that no matter what they claim, BB Cream is not skincare, it is makeup. Therefore, it really shouldn't be used before bed & won't perform like skincare. I like to think of it as makeup that is a bit better for my skin. Additionally, this has excellent coverage. Overall, an excellent product for the summer but can accentuate dry skin in the winter. I wouldn't pay full price but 15-20 is where I'd value it.
PROS:
-- It has high SPF and a great shade selection.
-- Excellent coverage for a BB cream (about medium)
-- I am NC20 and #21 matches me very well. It looks only slightly ghostly at first but adjusts quickly & nicely within 5 minutes.
-- The packaging is good. The full size is a plastic toothpaste-like tube with a pump. The travel size is a similar tube with a small squeeze hole top. Both are excellent for travel
CONS:
-- I find it expensive at $30 USD but they will occasionally have a good sale for $15, which is what I would value it at.
-- I think it's very thick & therefore can be difficult to apply.
-- I have very dry skin & it accentuates my dry patches so I have to heavily moisturize before applying.
-- I really hate the very strong scent. It smells like old lady perfume & the scent lingers. I can still smell it even with the product on my face.

on 4/24/2012 11:10:00 AM

This is a wonderful product....really like the coverage, finish, and wear....and I don't need to put any Mineral foundation over the top to get desired coverage.....Had tried Skin 79 VIP Gold, which was great as a light coverage for winter, and a great primer base for Mineral Powder, but when I wanted to wear it alone in summer, it was too pale when I use Self Tanner. Using the 23 in Perfect Cover, which enhances my pale winter skin, I am anxious to see if it will work with summer skin tone. It delivers a nice finish, not greasy looking, and not matte...just healthy looking....works great on my crepey areas around eyes, and cheeks, and helps diffuse lines and wrinkles. Will purchase in future.....I especially love it for just throwing on, and walking out the door.

on 4/24/2012 12:22:00 AM

So, I don't really buy that BB creams do anything special skin-care-wise. I look to them as makeup, period. Coming to the Missha cream from that perspective, I've been really pleased.

Very nice coverage- heavier than other TMs yet manages to look very sheer and natural at the same time. Color match is great on my skin- not too pink and not too yellow (the grayish undertones actually are really nice on my skintone for some reason). I like the finish- between dewy and matte. I like the application texture, somewhere between a cream and liquid. And it lasts all day- I get home from my 12 hour shifts (plus an hour each way commute!) and my skin looks as even and calm as it did when I first applied it.

For reference, my skin is pale, combo, dermatitis-prone and clog prone, sensitive. Definite repurchase, already have in fact. I lost my bottle in my recent move so was using other foundation and TMs and they were so inferior in comparison that I counted the hours until my replacement arrived from imomoko (luckily they ship quickly!).

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bash it or Buy it?!! Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream - demo and review by Denim Vixen

Top Rated MISSHA Products