August 20, 2014 | 1996 users online

BB Cream - MISSHA - M Perfect Cover BB Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by NovelTwist

Broke me out and caused serious clogged pores. Felt very greasy/siliconey going on, did not control my oils. The coverage and color was ok for me, as it did warm up after initial grey tone. I got skin79 BB cream the hot pink one, and much prefer that one over this missha one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by eiyela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this a few weeks ago in #13 and it's my first 'real' BB cream. I found the coverage to be more than an average tinted moisturizer, but less than most foundations.

pros:

- #13 is really light, I almost thought it was too light at first, but it settles in a tiny bit after a few minutes.
- Love the SPF
- Easy to apply, layers well
- You don't need much of this at all, so it feels really light and lasts a long time
- I love the glow it gives me. My skin has been really dull in the cold, and this just gives me that dewy look without sparkle and does not look greasy
- So far (fingers crossed!) hasn't broken me out. It is a little tricky to remove, though!
- On me, so far, does not budge during the day.

Cons:
- The smell. It's not unpleasant exactly, but it's quite strong.
- I find it really accentuates flakes. I've had some dry patches during the winter, but as long as I exfoliate it goes on beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 5:19:00 AM More reviews by TheSnowDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have normal skin, no discoloration or acne but some fine lines around my eyes. I put a pump in my hand and rub it all over my face as a primer. My skin is perfectly evened out and then a light stippling of studio fix and my skin looks flawless. It evens my makeup and makes for a perfect finish. I love that it never sinks into lines as well and seems to stop the foundation doing that too. It also makes all my pores invisible. I'm an addict, it's a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by lilalethea

I love this BB cream, although it hasn't managed to clear my blemishes it really has evened out my skin tone and acts as a perfect tinted facial moisturiser! I love the pump bottle and the colours (although having a slight grey tint) are perfect! I use no. 21 in Summer and no.13 in winter and it doesn't cause me to break out even if I wear it every day, which I can't say about any other foundations/tinted moisturisers. Although not all it claims to be, it's still really, really good and I love it as a day time moisturiser!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by miss_lolo

After trying a number of different BB creams, I've settled on M Perfect Cover #13, the lightest of the range. I initially bought #21 but I found the shade too dark for my pale skin. #13 doesn't have the slight grey tint that many BB creams have. It's pretty close to a perfect match for me, pale, neutral toned with pink/redness in my cheeks. For reference I'm MUFE HD #115/117.
I love how simple and easy to apply this Bb cream is. On a clean, exfoliated face, blend in a small amount and build it up where you need it. The finish is natural, luminous but not shiny and is super cheap in my option. It offers more coverage than a tinted moisturiser, enough to even out skin tone and imperfections.
I've also noticed that my skin is much less dry since switching to this from regular foundation. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by hello2belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought this a few years ago when BB creams were all the rage. The part that made me purchase it the fact that it is suppose to be good for your skin. Apparently it was made for people to use after surgery to heal up scars and such. Anyways that was the claim and I don't know whether to believe it or not.

I got the shade natural beige. Unfortunately, it is too dark for me. I should have gotten light beige. It gives suprisingly good coverage. If you have pretty good skin to begin with this is good at covering up a few minor blemish spots and pores on the nose. However, if you have acne scars or major break outs, then this won't help you one bit. I really like that its SPF 40+ as well. It makes it a lot easier in the morning to skip the suncreen. I think I might buy another shade in light beige.

Oh and the packaging is pretty good. I bought the one with the pump. It makes it very santiary. I use my fingers to blend.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by FloralRed

People, do not buy this product!! When I first used the product, I felt SO beautiful. It gave me a soft finish, and my skin looked incredibly natural and healthy. There was a glow to my skin! After a few days of using it, I noticed that I started getting little bumps, and when I removed my make up my pores looked a little dark and clogged, but I shrugged it away thinking that it was my hormones. Last day of using it, probably the 7th, pimples pimples pimples rashes here rashes there... It was disgusting!! I used to have nice skin before using this product, and now it looks just gross.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by allthecolours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I used to really like this BB cream because of it's high SPF, good oil control and amazing lasting power. However, over time I have realised that it is very drying on my skin (I have normal skin) and makes my face look flat and dull as opposed to several other BB creams I've tried. There is no decent colour match for me (13 is too light, 21 is too light and 23 is too dark) and I just don't like the way my face looks when I wear it. I do like the hygienic packaging and the fact that it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

Swatches of #13 and #23:

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by christyn79

After many years of trying and failing to find a product for my super picky, acne-prone, sensitive, oily-combo skin I researched and happened upon Missha M Perfect in many reviews from the makeupalley and youtube beauty communities. I had never considered cosmetic brands other than commercial American brands so I did an in depth research on Korean products and found that I loved their philosophy on skin care. So I purchased the smallest size in #23 guessing upon other users and their skin tones. It is a perfect match for my fair skin with yellow undertone. I loved this product instantly! It is a great pore minimizer, wrinkle filler, oil controller, and evens your skin tone as well as protects it with SPF. The wear lasts for 8 hours without blotting for me. After a few days, I went ahead and purchased the full size on the official website and got a bogo deal. They sent me #21, which is lighter than my skin tone but works great in areas I would want to highlight or brighten (i.e. under eye).

Many people complain about the pump applicator but I have no problems with it. You just have to get used to it and learn to control the amount.

Regarding the gray cast or tint people notice, gray neutralizes severe yellow skin tone that is why it is predominant in most BB creams from Asian cosmetic brands. If you have any other skin tone, the gray color will be more noticeable.

As far as the scent, I find it to be very mild and pleasing, not too strong. I haven't broken out yet and everything breaks me out!

Application works best with either a stipling brush or by patting it into your skin with your fingers. It is best to build the coverage rather than gooping alot of product on at once and trying to spread.

I gave the price a 4, because purchased alone it can be expensive. However, the official website offers bogo or has sales frequently and you can get it for much cheaper.

To name a few foundations, powders, and tinted moisturizers I've tried:
Revlon - Forgot my shade
Benefit - Get Even and Bo-oing - both in #2
MAC - Forgot my shade
MUFE - 118/Marble
Dr. Perricone MD - #2/Medium
theBalm - Light/Medium
Bare Escentuals - Fairly Light

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

First off, I have combination/oily skin and I am light-medium with a golden undertone. I occasionally break out in acne and the scars seem to stay for a long time. I've never used MAC products but I was matched to NC25–NC35, and am perfectly matched to Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Foundation in Golden Medium. I am reviewing both No.21 and No.23 shades.

I originally bought this in No.21 in the 50ml tube with the pump dispenser. This was my first BB cream and I really had to learn to love it. My first impression of it when I first dispensed it was that it had a rather overwhelming floral-powdery fragrance to it, so definitely not a good BB cream if you are sensitive to cosmetics with fragrances in it! (Try their Signature Real Complete BB cream instead, if you have sensitive skin.)

Luckily my skin is not sensitive, but I can't help noticing the scent on my face for hours after applying it (lasting power is pretty good, 8 hours WITHOUT the companion primer, B.B. Boomer!). I applied the BB cream sparingly, after reading reviews that a little went a long way and to be careful with the pump dispenser, since it can dispense more than you need in a single pump. I only needed about half a pump to cover my face.

The consistency is definitely creamy, maybe even thicker than your typical lotion. I have used Josie Maran Argan Tinted Moisturizer, which has a really thick consistency, and Urban Decay Tinted Moisturizer, which is light and easy to spread. MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB cream has a consistency in-between. The BB cream can be a little difficult to spread over your face because it's a little thick, so dotting it around your face and then spreading from there is the best way to cover every inch especially to take advantage of its high SPF protection. Despite the high SPF, the BB cream has a fairly matte finish and decent oil control. I've never had to blot my face as I've had to with tinted moisturizers.

No.21 is the 2nd lightest shade offered by MISSHA for this line of BB creams, and in my opinion it was too light for me, and it may possibly be because it has a gray cast that supposedly whitens the look of your skin as it oxidizes. While it does change color after a few minutes like it claims, it didn't change color close enough to my natural skin tone, and my face still looked too pale compared to the rest of my body.

I tried No.23 next, this time in a smaller squeeze-tube so as not to waste any product, and this shade worked out so much better for me! While it still has a grayish cast, at least the color was not as deathly-looking as No.21 was. I definitely recommend No.23 for NC25-NC35 skin tones. The packaging of the squeeze-tube is also much better than the pump dispenser of the larger 50ml tube, because it's easier to control how much product you want to use, so there's less waste. I used the 20ml squeeze tube for 3 months, and had used a little less than half the product so a 20ml tube can last about 6 months with regular use. That's a long time! The 50ml tube could last a whole year, but if you change colors dramatically with the seasons (and I do), the 20ml tube is more than enough.

I love that MISSHA's M Perfect Cover BB creams come in a large range of shades to accommodate more skin tones and types, but most of the lighter shades are too gray and most of their darker shades are too warm/orange. If you can sample the BB cream before buying, do it because it's hard to tell by photo swatches if a shade is right for you, because they oxidize in 5 to 30 minutes depending on air/temperature/weather conditions. If you aren't able to sample before buying and you bought a BB cream that doesn't match you well enough, you can always use the BB cream as a primer for your foundation. And if you don't like the thick consistency of this BB cream, try mixing it with another light moisturizer; I've mixed it with Urban Decay Tinted Moisturizer in Bodyguard which warmed the color while making it easier to spread.

BB creams claim to also have age-defying properties like reversing wrinkles and supposedly whiten acne scars. Although I've used this BB cream for 3 months consistently, I'm not so sure that it gets rid of acne scars better than simply daily exfoliation. It's definitely opaque enough to hide them while it's applied though! And I don't have facial wrinkles so I'm not sure that it is also reverses aging.

But as far as standard foundations go, this is a great product if you don't mind the fragrance and are able to find a matching shade, and it's cheaper than most good foundations and tinted moisturizers in the market. 20ml tubes go for $7 to $13 depending where you look, and 50 ml tubes go for $15-$30.