MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream

3.8

on 4/19/2012 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this!! I received in this in a swap from a lovely Mua-er and fell in love instantly. The color was too light (21) but I have since purchased a 23 and a 27 for summer and am willing to blend them together to have my face look so glowing and clear! I would say the coverage is better than most tinted moisturizers I have used.

It gives you a dewey finish and is just the thing to put on at night after shower so I dont scare my husband! I wear it over my 25% glycolic face and eye cream and have not had a dry patch yet. I will be living in this come summer time.

on 4/14/2012 9:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

If you have oily/combination skin and you're a POC who wants to get in on the BB trend, you can wear this but you NEED primer. This will not give you a matte finish but rather a more natural dewy look.
I bought this off ebay in shade #31. It's a perfect match for my NC 40/42 skin. This is the only matching BB I've found other than Smashbox's BB in medium. I got 50 ml for around $25 (usd), however the lighter shades cost less. I like the pump dispenser on the tube, it works as it should and a single pump is enough to cover my whole face.
At first, despite being thrilled because I found my perfect shade, I was in two minds about this product. I have combination skin with dry patches around my nose and an oily t-zone, and within a couple of hours of application I felt like I was coated in grease. I was in the habit of adding a couple of drops of jojoba oil to my morning moisturizer but I leave it out now whenever I wear this.
I now use an oil-free moisturizer followed by hourglass' primer and then the Missha bb. I use my Sigma f80 brush. The finish I end up with is a sort of air-brushed dewy look, which I greatly prefer to an all-matte look.

on 4/12/2012 11:25:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Wow. I absolutely love this product! My skin is pretty good, so I have only been using concealer lately. I find that tinted moisturizers are too sheer and greasy, and I don't need all the coverage of a full foundation. I bought this bb cream in shade 23, for my light olive skin, and it's just perfect! I look like I've been airbrushed. My skin is very dry, so it soaked right in. I just set it with a little powder and I should be good all day. Will repurchase.

on 4/11/2012 9:10:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I used to suffer from bad acne in my teens. Now that I'm in my 20s, I've gotten a handle on it with BP and facial products but my skin is still far from perfect. I have some acne scars, lots of freckles, and uneven tone all over my face. I need a product to even all that out without heavy "mask-like" coverage. I'm also extremely fair (redhead who avoids the sun like the plague) with neutral-warm undertones. That means I need a shade with just a hint of warmth but not obvious pink or yellow undertones that so many foundations seem to have. I've tried several tinted moisturizers but this is the first BB cream I've ever tried and I will never need to try another one. Seriously, this stuff is perfect for me! I actually packs decent coverage (evens out my skin tone perfectly) but is so sheer that my freckles are still lightly visible. As are my acne scars, unfortunately, but that's nothing a 1-minute concealer job can't fix. The shade No. 13 is perfect for me. It seems extremely neutral and blends in to exactly the shade of my skin. The best part of this product is that it's INVISIBLE on my face! Literally, you can't tell I'm wearing makeup at all, it just looks like I have perfect skin. It leaves a dewy finish on the skin so I apply a light dusting of translucent powder over the top because I prefer a matte finish. It lasts all day, doesn't break me out, and provides the perfect amount of coverage while appearing perfectly natural. What more could one possibly ask for? Oh yeah, it's inexpensive! I got a big 50 ml tube which will last me at least 6 months for $17 on ebay. And it has a pump which is convenient and hygienic. 2 tiny pumps cover my whole face and I don't waste any product. I can't imagine ever needing another sheer coverage product EVER, after discovering this product. I will throw a fit if they ever discontinue it.

on 4/10/2012 12:51:00 AM

I'm NC25 leaning towards NC30 and I use the No.23 for this BB cream which is a perfect match.
I love this BB cream, I totally stop using foundation and use this BB cream instead every time I head out.
PROS:
The coverage is pretty decent. I don't use it for the entire face, only for the problem area and it gives the most natural look. I only pump out a pea size of this stuff and it's more than enough, a little goes a long long way. I have quite large pores around my nose and I just dab a tiny bit of this BB cream on there and it really minimize the pores. I also have horrible dark circles and I dab some under my eye and it really help conceal them. I wouldn't say they make these problems disappear, but it does help alleviate them. And then I have about half a pea size left and I just use them on wherever necessary, but usually I would still got a bit left and have to wipe those away with a tissue. And my skin looks naturally good like I don't have any makeup on. Even my family can't tell, only my very close makeup addict friends can tell when we are face to face one foot away.
It doesn't break me out at all. But then again, my skin is not acne-prone or sensitive, I haven't come across a certain product that burn my skin or break me out or anything.
It's quite long lasting. Then again, this gives a super natural look, so if fades I wouldn't really notice much. What I do notice is that my skin looks as good as I freshly put it on after a long day.

NEUTRAL:
I have mixed feelings about the packaging. It's like a tube with a pump. Well, it's very hygiene, which I love, I hate hate hate pot containers. However, I wish the tube is clear, so I can see how much I've got left. What I don't like is that the pump is bulky and deposits way too much product. An entire pump is enough for days of uses. Crazy! I only need a pea size, less than half a pump. It's like I press it and I must stop when I see product comes out. Or else it's too much. I think I'll prefer a squeeze tube.

CONS:
It does make you skin oily. I have super oily nose so I have to leave my nose bare. I once applied some on my nose, even the MAC blot powder can do nothing.
Well, the following cons are not what I've experience personally. Based on my and my alone experience, This product is nearly perfect. But these are the things you wanna know.
It might leave a grey cast. Some people say that it would oxidize in half an hour so no worries. Not entirely true. I don't have problem with this, I don't think it leaves a grey cast on my at all. But on my mom, it does and after a long day, the grey cast still won't fade.
The color selection is very limited just like all Asian brand does. I think there's only 3 or 4 color. For those who have darker skin, you might not find a match.

This product comes in a whopping size of 50ml, so I guess I won't be repurchasing in a long while. And I think by the time I go through it, I would be tired of it and wanna try out something new. So in reality I won't repurchase this. But I think the repurchase product is not really about that, more like "do you think it's worth having around all the time", well then, yes. So I gave a Yes to "would you buy this product again."

on 4/9/2012 10:42:00 PM

HOT DAMN! This is beautiful. The shade No. 13 is so pale and wonderful I can hardly contain my excitement. It is seriously the most gorgeous pale shade I have ever experienced (and I've tried them all). Bright, not pasty or patchy at all, easy to blend, neither yellow nor pink, just as fair as can be and super flattering. Pale girls rejoice! REJOICE!

on 4/8/2012 8:29:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

amazing product! i finally bought it after watching bubzbeauty rave about it. i have several spots on both cheeks and this covers them really well! it evens out the redness, and blends so well into my skin. its like my skin but WAY BETTER. it gives a dewy finish but i always powder with anna sui loose powder afterwards. I have it in shade 21 (i tihnk!), and for reference i am NW20. i only use a little (half a pump maybe) for my whole face, as too much makes you look cakey (and slightly pink). this is great for when im too lazy to put on full foundation. this is great for school as well because it looks natural and lasts the whole day :) the packaging is fab, i love that its a tube and a pump so no product is wasted :) lovelovelove!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I am not sure that I would repurchase, but I'm leaning more toward yes than no. First, when this comes out of the bottle, it looks like there is no way it is going to match your skin. I am NC20-25, and got this in #21. It came out as some mid-toned color with grey/pink undertones...but, it kind of just melted into the tone of my skin, and settled nicely. I like the look this gives me skin - finished and even-toned, but not completely matte. The scent of this may bother some people. I find it pleasant - kind of an orange blossom or other citrus/flower scent. The staying power of this leaves a little to be desired, but I've definitely had worse. This also feels very nice on the skin - I enjoyed how moisturized my skin felt while wearing this. I'm trying BBs right now for the first time, and I have a few more I would like to try - so more reviews are coming! I will be happy to be able to compare this to other BBs. My only criticism is that this can stick a bit to any dry spots you might have. Edit: I'm pretty sure this is breaking me out. I'm going to try other BB creams and hope for a better outcome.

on 4/5/2012 6:41:00 PM

ashy and made skin look dull, looked cakey over time

on 4/4/2012 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Having jumped on the BB Bandwagon at last, I've now tried and own this, a sample of Dior's, the Garnier one and TheBalm's TM which sounds very similar to a BB but isn't technically considered one. MISSHA's is so far my favorite in terms of shade, finish, blendability and skin benefits. I wear #21, Light Beige currently and have a small size of #23 the darker beige, to try during the summer.

This is not as dewy in finish as the Garnier and has better coverage by far. I like that one, but you need "good" skin to use it right off the top where this you don't, as it was intended. It's not as matte as TheBalm TM, and has better coverage than the Dior which was thinner and more runny but about the same shade as #21. Right now I can see why these are popular- my skin is in bad shape, dry, red, rough, looks and feels horrible due to an allergic reaction to a Strivectin serum to the point that even touching it was painful and nothing helped much less looked good, just made it worse. This has been the only makeup foundation- type product I can wear without further irritating my already irritated skin since the allergy occured, and it seems to be helping as the days go by. It goes on easily (love the pump), blends well, covers wonderfully, lasts a long time (I set by dusting a light finishing powder on top to help with that if I feel like it. Other times I leave it and it looks fine on it's own too). This doesn't further irritate or break me out, and my skin seems to like it. I run on the dry side so I don't need oil conrol and this seems the perfect blend of everything for my skin tone and skin type. A little dab will do ya too -a little goes a long way. One pump is enough to do my whole face. I don't notice a strong scent, at least not as strong as the Garnier by comparison so that doesn't bother me.

I'm happy these exist now whether they are really glorified TMs or not, and are more widely available to the US market. I know there are others coming out in practically every brand now, but this one works so well for me so far and is in my price range so I'm reluctant to try anything else yet. I can definitely see why these are popular for problematic skin types or issues, and I'm grateful for that now that I've had a reason to need it myself. I will continue to use this even after my skin clears up because I am enjoying the benefits and properties this brings and feel that things can only get better if it's been this good so far with my current state of "bad" skin. I also like their twin cake powder foundation and sheet masks, but those are different reviews :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bash it or Buy it?!! Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream - demo and review by Denim Vixen

Top Rated MISSHA Products