I absolutely love this product. I have an oily t-zone and I always hated tinted moisturizers because they were way too greasy after a few hours and they would literally rub right off. This is very different from that. It has more coverage than a TM, is longer lasting, and gives more of a satin glow-from-within finish rather than dewy. I think it's great for combination/oily skin types.
The color I use is 13 Bright Beige. I am NC/NW 10 and it's a great match for the palest of pale. It's neither yellow nor pink, just neutral. It looks very pale at first but oxidizes into my skin tone.
I can't say enough good things about this. It looks so beautiful and natural, feels light on the skin. It lasts as long as my high end Nars/Chanel foundations. It's BRILLIANT!
This product is amazing. It gives my skin a radiant glow & it conditions it well!
This product is downright amazing! It does have a nice scent but it may react on sensitive skin. It feels amazing on the skin its really moisturizing. The finish is kind of dewy, but i set this with a matte powder which lasts for around 3 hours, i do have to re apply powder during the day but i dont mind. The coverage is great, it gives a lovely natural glow to the skin and covers up the majority of the discoloration i have. It makes my skin look really healthy and glowy. I havnt had any problem with this sliding off my face or anything even when i dont use a primer, so staying power is great. I LOVE this! Would recomend to anybody!
Let me start off by saying this is my first bb cream! I've heard hype about bb cream for a while & OMG I can't believe I waited so long to try this!! I have pretty dry skin, with unfortunately some fine lines under the eye area due to premature aging. This bb cream feels so amazing on my skin unlike anything I've ever tried before! Its very smooth and has imo very good coverage I wouldn't consider this at all anything like a tinted moisturizer. It covers any imperfections you have and doesn't emphazise any fine lines or wrinkles. By all means I am not complaining about the price but I can't believe how inexpensive this is considering how lovely it is on the skin. I was using makeup forevers hd foundation but after trying this I honestly don't think I'll be using anything else on my skin in terms of foundation. I'll definitely keep buying this just as long as they continue to sell it! PLEASE MISSHA DON'T EVER TAKE THIS AWAY!! ;(
I use this in shade #13, "Milky Beige".
- Shade: I was desperate to find something that would match my somewhat NC10 skin; I got notice from this product and bought it having little information about it beforehand. When it finally came I slapped it on and first thing anybody said: "It's too orange", from my father. Almost two years has passed and I still use it, why? It certainly has a neutral shade but leaning to pink, so, someday it oxidizes "pinkier" than others and the result is a *very* light orange-y-like shade barely noticeable when combined with my warm skin, and even if it matches almost perfectly, there's this sort of "too intense" shade that I have to erase with white powder (Stargazer's one, which has some coverage...) to make my face match *perfectly* my neck. Anyhow I'd totally go out just with the MPC on, it's not that bad at all, but certainly it's there. I'd say this will match up to a NW15, maybe a real NC15 finds it too pink but it may match, but I haven't seen shade #21, maybe it's better for those shades.
- Coverage: I'd say this has medium coverage, but quite adjustable. My skin in winter becomes quite dry and if I use too much of this it highlights incredibly any imperfection on my skin (it gets concentrated a lot over peelings), it just doesn't melt with dry patches and looks not-so-good. Also even in summer when used too much it leaves sort of...areas with concentrated product which I find are difficult to blend. Because of this, I'd advise using little, actually I think this works as a prebase with some colour, adding too much causes it to just sit on the surface of the skin making it look very unnatural. When used little and when you work it well, pores and most of redness dissapear, but it doesn't cover it up perfectly. It leaves a very pretty, soft, regular, smooth skin, it looks pretty natural and I actually, except when my skin is at it's driest, like a lot the results. It doesn't cover pimples when they are very red, or big, but I would leave that to the concealer. When talking about too much, for *my* skin I would not use an entire pump of the 50ml bottle, but less and work it very well. Where needed more coverage: concealer.
- Control of oil: I get an oily t-zone in summer, and shine and oil in this case starts appearing in 2-3 hours if I'm not sweating that much, and using powder over it. In winter my skin becomes normal-dry or even just dry in zones, and using powder I don't see oil for hours maybe 8 hours and I really don't get that much oil but get a "bye bye" from the BBCream. Without powder I'd say it lasts a lot also, not less than 6-7 hours before it starts dissapearing. In summer with oily skin or oily areas, blotting is a must, in my case.
- Acne/Skin: This is weird because when I started using it I experienced some acne, I just kept using it and my skin with time became very clear (I started with glyclolic, it's unlikely that it was because of this BBCream...), and sometimes even so, I feel as if when I get some pimples here and there, this causes it at least...well, sometimes. In general nevertheless with correct skin care I get pimples with my period and even when not perfect my skin it quite clear. About it properties, whitening...I have noticed anything, so,...
- Others aspects: As I use little, this lasts a lot, it's cheap, the odor is there but doesn't bother me (smells like baby powder with flowers or so, but lightly and goes away fast), I apply it with my hands for the best result, best match with my skin to date...I really like this product, even when I experience dryness, I use a heavier moisturizer underneath and even if I loose coverage, I still like it. Maybe if this wasn't this pale I wouldn't love it as much, but matching products are and has been so difficult that...just love it.
I've been using this a few days a week for about 5 weeks now and I would rate this as a 3.5. I have both #21 and #23. Since I'm pale from staying indoors this winter, I'm saving #23 for summer. I'm around NC 25.
Pros: I have oily-combination skin and it stays on well throughout the day. It covers up blemishes ok and definitely lightens my undereye circles but don't expect full coverage. It subtly evens out my complexion and makes it look really fresh.
Cons: When I use this too frequently I get more pimples than usual. Also, the weird scent is way too strong and I think the perfume is irritating my skin and causing small bumps where I do not normally get pimples and sometimes my skin feels itchy. Additionally, if you don't moisturize properly, this cream will emphasize any flaky skin.
Tips: I bought the Missha Pore Minimizer to use as a base and while it makes my skin feel softer, I am not sure if it really helps keep the BB cream on any longer. However, it does make the BB cream go on smoother in the area around my nose. I use one drop of sweet almond oil on my forehead where my skin is flaky and let it absorb fully before putting on the BB cream and it prevents the flakiness from being emphasized. When used sparingly, almond oil doesn't make my skin extra oily at all.
Conclusion: While I am happy with the medium coverage and staying power, the perfume irritates my skin and I won't repurchase. I am looking forward to trying the Missha Signature BB cream this summer because it's supposed to be scentless and less irritating.
This is my first ever BB cream. I saw a lot of good reviews all over the internet saying how great this bb cream was, so I quickly ordered one in 23# on-line. Since i have oily and acne-prone skin i was hesitant to start using it, because i was afraid of breakouts...after having this product lying around on my skincare shelf, i finally had the courage to use it and guess what? NO REGRETS at all!!!! the best product i have ever used. It smells lovely and the prefect shade for my Korean skin. By using this BB cream i had a lot of nice comments from friends saying my skin is flawless and porcelain looking!!! I must admit the oil control isn't too great but does stay on all day if i apply a finishing powder. I would recommend this BB cream to anyone who wants flawless skin :D <3
This was my first real BB cream and I'm really pleased with it. I have colour 21 and I'm MAC NW15. It doesn't turn grey on me or anything. I have rather dry skin so I like the somewhat thick consistency. I haven't had any breakouts but like I said I have very dry and dehydrated skin, but if anything bads happens I will rewrite this review.
The coverage is amazing, it's very buildable but it doesn't look cakey. You can look a bit too perfect and photoshopped with it if you use a lot all over your face so I recommend only building it where you need it and keeping the rest very transparant.
I really like it that you can get amazing foundation, concealer, sunscreen and even skincare I believe in 1 product.
The color I get's 21 which's too light. I do test on my jaw line but it ends up being too ghost when applying my whole face. It takes about a good an hour for the color to adjust to a better color for my skin tone (NC30). In term of coloring I failed so I don't know whether 23 'd suit me better or not. However I think I'm not gonna buy it again coz it clog my pores. My skin got slightly bumpy and I can feel and see the blemishes under neat it. It's supposed to even my skin tone but I don't think it 'd as if I my skin still creates blemishes it's not gonna be even in color for sure. So at the end I feel my skin complexion gets worse. The clogging pores effect I notice quicker than the skin 79 in hot pink. It doesn't take me that long to know something 's not going right. I read a review of someone here on MakeupAlley that had the same problem as mine, so I'm assume that I'm not being too harsh for this product. Not buy again
I got mine in #23, and I shall say it is a very grey product when first pumped out. I have tried this out for 3 months already and so far so good. The oil control is not that fantastic but it's good because it didn't break me out and actually blends into my skin really well after a while. And over a long term of use, I realised my skin has become fairer due to the amount of arbutin my skin absorbs from the bb cream and my facial lotion.
It covers really well, and yes it does apply grey on my skin at first but it takes a while to oxidise to your skin color. And this bb cream is best applied thinly with your fingers. Brushes are good for sure because they make my skin so flawless but fingers does the job for everyday use because it just blends effortlessly into my skin and it matches my skin better. Definitely a repurchase because it's so good!
I revisited the world of BB creams after straying towards foundations for 7 months or so when I found BB creams to be too thick for everyday wear. I lightly dot this on my face after applying my Eucerin moisturiser and gently rub it in for a natural coverage. This ensures a lightweight and medium coverage for my skin. I do not use a lot anyway, less than a pump is good enough to cover my entire face. I use my fingers for application because brushes do not work very well with BB creams for me.
I've been enjoying the time whenever I wear my Missha BB cream. And I find it lasting a whole lot longer when I set it with the right powder. (Such as ZA two-way powder or ELF Complexion Perfection)
One thing I noticed is that I have to exfoliate my skin really well and moisturise it really well before using any base products, in order to have it last longer and adhere better. Decent oil control after being set with ELF Complexion Perfection and Skindinavia setting spray.