MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream

3.8

on 5/1/2012 2:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have been experimenting with BB creams for a little while and the first one I got was the Skin79. It was a wonderful BB cream but unfortunately for me it broke me out something horrible. I have oily, overactive pores and if you're acne prone, that is not the BB cream for you. After a few days i wound up with cystic acne all along my jaw-line on both sides, and completely errupted in cystic acne on one cheek. I immediately stopped using Skin79 and purchased a sample of Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream No. 23.

The consistency of Missha is more watery than Skin79. It's easily blendable, and it does cover nicely, although if you're looking to cover severe acne spots, or deep red marks, this really won't do much for you, you'll have to follow up with a powder foundation or some other sort of cover.

I've been using Missha for over a week now and have not had any breakouts so I can say that this BB cream is extremely suitable for those who have acne prone skin.

I'm really not sure if I can see it healing my skin just yet, but I notice that I can wear this the whole day, not do any touch ups and still look nice by the end of the work day. Sometimes my face gets weird and splotchy with uneven tone, this seems to keep it under control.

I also have flakey dry skin and this does not accentuate it, I think it's actually helped keep it at bay.

I use this BB cream and then follow up with a finishing powder and it leaves me with a very smooth, even, flawless and natural finish. It's also really not expensive if you buy it off Amazon.

on 5/1/2012 12:55:00 AM

I'm super pale and freckly with weird slightly olive/pink/extremely neutral undertones that make it almost impossible for me to find a natural-looking color match. For reference, I'm lighter than NC 15. I also have very oily skin and an abundance of acne scars. I had heard all of the hype about bb creams for a while, and after much research I decided to order this product in shade #13. I've had terrible luck with 99 out of 100 foundation shades and was skeptical that it would match me and provide enough coverage, but it really did its job. It's the most natural-looking makeup I've found in years-- it legitimately matches my skin tone and it covers most of my scars, save a few that I have to dot with concealer. Sometimes I don't even have to use concealer on my dark circles! My mom saw me wearing this and said my skin looked "flawless". Lasts for most of the day as well, as long as I blot every once in a while. All of this, plus the 30+ SPF, makes this a fantastic product in my book. Will definitely repurchase. I'd even go so far as to call it an HG. I may never wear "normal" foundation again.

on 4/30/2012 11:34:00 PM

Every major cosmetics company has been jumping on the B.B. cream bandwagon like there's no tomorrow. I am happy to remain on the sidelines; fads needs to be very persuasive to make me sway their way.

My sister had given me a bottle because there was no tester at the Korean grocery store and the colour turned out to be too light for her skin tone.

On a lazy Sunday, I decided to put on a couple of dollops and all I can really say is that sometimes it is better to excel in one thing versus being mediocre in many. Despite the package's claims, it does not do everything that it purports to do , i.e. conceal, moisturize, heal, diminish lines etc. Furthermore, am I the only one here who finds it annoying that there is still a fixation with "skin lightening" and whitening in our post-colonial age?

Anyway, if you can reconcile with the fact that you are merely purchasing a slightly more pigmented moisturizer, go for it.

on 4/25/2012 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good standard BB Cream & far better than Western brands. Keep in mind that no matter what they claim, BB Cream is not skincare, it is makeup. Therefore, it really shouldn't be used before bed & won't perform like skincare. I like to think of it as makeup that is a bit better for my skin. Additionally, this has excellent coverage. Overall, an excellent product for the summer but can accentuate dry skin in the winter. I wouldn't pay full price but 15-20 is where I'd value it.
PROS:
-- It has high SPF and a great shade selection.
-- Excellent coverage for a BB cream (about medium)
-- I am NC20 and #21 matches me very well. It looks only slightly ghostly at first but adjusts quickly & nicely within 5 minutes.
-- The packaging is good. The full size is a plastic toothpaste-like tube with a pump. The travel size is a similar tube with a small squeeze hole top. Both are excellent for travel
CONS:
-- I find it expensive at $30 USD but they will occasionally have a good sale for $15, which is what I would value it at.
-- I think it's very thick & therefore can be difficult to apply.
-- I have very dry skin & it accentuates my dry patches so I have to heavily moisturize before applying.
-- I really hate the very strong scent. It smells like old lady perfume & the scent lingers. I can still smell it even with the product on my face.

on 4/24/2012 11:10:00 AM

This is a wonderful product....really like the coverage, finish, and wear....and I don't need to put any Mineral foundation over the top to get desired coverage.....Had tried Skin 79 VIP Gold, which was great as a light coverage for winter, and a great primer base for Mineral Powder, but when I wanted to wear it alone in summer, it was too pale when I use Self Tanner. Using the 23 in Perfect Cover, which enhances my pale winter skin, I am anxious to see if it will work with summer skin tone. It delivers a nice finish, not greasy looking, and not matte...just healthy looking....works great on my crepey areas around eyes, and cheeks, and helps diffuse lines and wrinkles. Will purchase in future.....I especially love it for just throwing on, and walking out the door.

on 4/24/2012 12:22:00 AM

So, I don't really buy that BB creams do anything special skin-care-wise. I look to them as makeup, period. Coming to the Missha cream from that perspective, I've been really pleased.

Very nice coverage- heavier than other TMs yet manages to look very sheer and natural at the same time. Color match is great on my skin- not too pink and not too yellow (the grayish undertones actually are really nice on my skintone for some reason). I like the finish- between dewy and matte. I like the application texture, somewhere between a cream and liquid. And it lasts all day- I get home from my 12 hour shifts (plus an hour each way commute!) and my skin looks as even and calm as it did when I first applied it.

For reference, my skin is pale, combo, dermatitis-prone and clog prone, sensitive. Definite repurchase, already have in fact. I lost my bottle in my recent move so was using other foundation and TMs and they were so inferior in comparison that I counted the hours until my replacement arrived from imomoko (luckily they ship quickly!).

on 4/22/2012 8:35:00 PM

At first I didn't really like this product. It felt really dry on my skin? And the scent bothered me a lot. But I ran out of my other BB cream product and came back to it. And now I really like it. It has enough coverage for me and the colour fits perfect with my skin :) During winter when my skin feels a bit drier, I mix it with the gold Skin79 BB cream! It's like the perfect combination~ The moisture from Skin79 + coverage from the Missha!

on 4/22/2012 2:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this stuff, I ran out recently and I am missing it already. Packaging is awesome, wear is awesome, I don't even need to set it, finish is nice.. all around great product :) Highly recommended!

on 4/19/2012 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I had high hopes for this product, because it has been very hyped for a while now. I had to realize that it wasn't going to be a miracle worker, and I think it's good for what it is. I have been using this for about 2 months now, and while my skin feels a little smoother, it doesn't seem to have helped in any other way.

I got #13 Bright Beige, and I thought it was going to be very grey, but it oxidizes once it sits on the skin. It is not at all moisturizing, and my skin is very dry, so it sticks and flakes on the dry areas. If I use a moisturizer before, there are no problems, but I was under the impression that BB creams like this are supposed to be an "all in one" product.

I use a 1:1 ratio of my regular face primer and this, and then put my foundation over it. I know this isn't supposed to be full coverage by any means, but I can get more coverage out of a tinted moisturizer. My face looks just a little less red, but other than that, it looks like I have nothing on. I think only people with really, really good skin would have any luck using this in place of a foundation.

One thing I really like about this is that it is a really good value. Even though it's being imported from Korea, it still sells on eBay and Amazon for pretty cheap. Like I said, I've been using this for two months, and not even half the tube is gone (I got the 20 mL size) I can see the 50 mL tube lasting for a year, maybe more.

I don't know if I'll repurchase this. It's not really doing any harm right now, but I was expecting a little more.

on 4/19/2012 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this!! I received in this in a swap from a lovely Mua-er and fell in love instantly. The color was too light (21) but I have since purchased a 23 and a 27 for summer and am willing to blend them together to have my face look so glowing and clear! I would say the coverage is better than most tinted moisturizers I have used.

It gives you a dewey finish and is just the thing to put on at night after shower so I dont scare my husband! I wear it over my 25% glycolic face and eye cream and have not had a dry patch yet. I will be living in this come summer time.