SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.5

on 4/15/2005 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was looking for something to reduce the size of my pores and thought I would try this.

It did reduce the size of my pores for a while.But after a month of using it, the adverse reaction occurred and I broke out!

So it isn't as miraculous as it is on sensitive and acne prone skin. From the feedback I received from some friends, product is too strong, you have to have a certain type of skin at a certain age to use it.

Can't tolerate the smell. The packaging is weird too.Have to be careful with it coz its glass.

Sorry this doesn't work for me.
No thanks.

on 3/19/2005 2:10:00 AM

Very expensive, but it works. The theme for the entire SKII line.

The FTE was wonderful! I have normal skin (did a year of roaccutane last year) and find this wonderful before moisturiser.

Have been using this for 2 weeks, in conjunction with the Signs treatment moisturiser, and my skin has never been better. Smooth and hydrated.

on 2/23/2005 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

So much hype, but... First off, I have good skin, and I have no complaints with the product, but for this price something should have happened with my skin. Alas, nothing did. It wasn't any firmer, rosier or anything. But it also was no worse. Added moisture prior to applying cream or lotion, but that was it.

on 2/21/2005 10:47:00 PM

I too was bought in by the Cate Blanchett / Nicole Kidman marketing ploy. All I can say is what a disappointment!
Lousy packaging, awful smell and no skin benefit to show for the price. Have half a bottle left, which I use at night time on my hands. Unfortunately, no benefit there either.

on 2/20/2005 5:38:00 PM

Well, by no means 'miraculous' but if your skin likes /can tolerate it , it's not bad . I'm using a bottle that that has been taunting me for the past couple of years from the bottom of my non "A'" list product drawer, SKII and I fell out a long time ago after a reckless spree that saw me buy up half the counter and realise that I was a naive moron completely taken in by slick marketing (never again MUA has set me straight). Well, I feel guilty about throwing such expensive stuff away and swopping seems to be too fraught with all sorts of treachery and so forth , so I thought I'd better start getting through my product graveyard. So I opened the bottle a few weeks ago and have been splashing it on liberally just so I could finsh the damn stuff, and actually, I rather like it! My oily ,naughtily behaved skin soaks it up and isn't quite so greasy. The scent is pleasant at first (generic Japanese toner smell DHC, Shiseido) but them quickly morphs into a funny yeasty/funky smell that isn't so nice on one's hands. But it soon fades. I don't think it has done anything special and would never again spend 30 or whatever it was on this, I found a traditional Japanese beauty book that suggests using the cheapest Sake( such as Ozeki 'One Cup',less refined so probably more potent) you can find and using that as a treatment to lighten the colmplexion and blemishes. I stopped doing this years ago, but a good thing to do is to pour the stuff into your bath as it's quite nice for the skin.

I have used this for a couple of weeks under my creme de la mer. I transferred to a spray bottle for easier use. Very expensive product.

I really wanted to like this product. I must admit that I went for the whole SKII thing because I'd do just about anything to have skin like Cate Blanchett (the celebrity promoting the line). I have been looking for a product that will make my pale skin glow.

However this did absolutely nothing for me and, if anything, it actually worsened the condition of my skin, making it duller and blotchy. It also seemed to irritate and upset my skin - making it itchy and unsettled. I also tried the Repair C and that actually gave me broken capilliaries! Won't be repurchasing. Sadly not the HG I thought it'd be, and definitely not worth the big bucks they charge for this stuff.

on 2/13/2005 6:25:00 AM

gt my 1st bottle due to hearing mani stories abt its 'magic' on skin..n yes advertising media got to me too! :S ..but to my surprise it did actually do wat it promised! i used it after my toner n b4 my moisturiser n it reali did made my t-zone which is usu. oily NOT oily! n made my dry cheeks felt more dewy! it is gd to use under mkeup too as i feel it helps to regulate e sebum n i use it b4 sleep too nxt mornin my skin is still as fresh! love it but i'll minus marks for e lousy packagin-i noe its beta to put it in a spray bottle but im afraid i'll spill it durin e xfer! :( ohh well n e smell it takes sometime to get use to it..but worth it overall!

on 12/22/2004 3:13:00 AM

I really like this product personally. I start using it for a week as a serum under my la mer cream. My pores are significantly more refined and my skin looks better (more glow and supple). I do not have any breakout even I tend to. The smell does not bother me that much. Thinking about transfering into spray bottle. I use my finger to apply the essence on my face.

on 11/26/2004 11:03:00 AM

I wasn't expecting to love this 'miracle water' due to all the hype that comes with it but my skin loves it! I normally have combo skin with oily T zones. This product regulates my T zones well without overly drying. Together with SKII repair C, my skin looks brighter, well hydrated and fortunately no adverse reactions or breakouts. I hate the packaging as most people do due to the unnecessary spillage as well as the steep price. I will be repurchasing however.

on 11/25/2004 12:24:00 AM

I have pretty good skin and don't get more than one or two zits during that time of the month. Less than a week after I started on this, out popped 4 huge red swollen zits on my forehead that stayed for weeks... I am very dissapointed but was happy that skII has great after sales care and called to find out how I was after using their products. According to them, it was just purging out toxins.... ??? ... Anyways, overall impression on the product itself was dissapointing.

Popular Treatments (Face)