August 1, 2014 | 1834 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 2:51:00 AM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have the tropical scented version. It works decently to give the hair volume and make the hair appear cleaner. It did leave a whitish residue on some of my hair but it just made my hair look blonder in those areas. The one thing I've noticed since using this though is my hair is drier and seems frazzled on the ends. I only used the product one time and have shampooed since then. I even used deep conditioner once and my ends are still somewhat dry, so if the dryness was caused by this product then it is best to keep the product as close to the scalp as you can.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in the green spray bottle. It gets rid of excess oil from the sculpt decently. I don't like to wash my hair daily so I went on a hunt for instant dry shampoo. This doesn't give me volume back like some have, but it makes my hair less greasy looking. The spray is just like any typical hair spray type. I haven't noticed any grayish/whitish tint after use at all. The thing that kinda bothers me about it is that when I run my fingers through my hair I get a 'powdery' feeling on my hands (even after brushing the product thoroughly through my hair). Overall it's an ok product. I wouldn't use it 2 days in a row though as I find the powdery build up gets annoying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 11:41:00 AM More reviews by curlywurly100

i LOVE this product!
smells amazing - great value for money and does the job brilliantly.
if you have black hair like me, needs a lot of rubbing in but well worth it, this is also kinda like hair perfume!
i'm surprised that this is on makeup alley!
i've been using this for almost 2 years!
definitely recommend!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by shrimpski

I only just discovered dry shampoo and I really adore it. I wash my hair every other day, but need to wash my fringe every day as it gets greasy, usually overnight because there isn't a hair clip or bobby pin in this world secure enough! For years, I've been shampooing it with regular shampoo, which takes time, and can be a bit tedious. Enter this product! It's so easy and quick to just spray and brush out.
While another reviewer has said this doesn't replace a normal shampoo, she's right, but it's incredibly good for 'in the meantime', it definitely buys me extra time before my next proper shampoo.
The only gripe I have, which I suppose isn't a massive deal, is the spray. I don't know whether it's just the two cans I have, but I feel I have to press down on it fairly hard and then it comes out in a massive burst, when I'd prefer a bit more control over how much/how fast the product comes out. As I mostly use Batiste for my fringe, gentle bursts would be great as I've gotten this in my eye and it wasn't pleasant!
Also not a huge fan of the smell (the original), but am going to try the blush version next!

But overall, I love it. It's quick, easy, it works, and the small cans are perfect to fit in your bag when you're out and about. Would be nice if the price was a little bit cheaper, but I guess you can't have it all :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 4:36:00 AM More reviews by Roseandthorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great product for inbetween washes, when you don't NEED to wash your hair but it could use a refresher. Has a light fresh scent too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by hotmom37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't think there is such a thing as a perfect dry shampoo...there's just no substitute for the real thing. That being said, this stuff is pretty darn good. I have very oily roots and the length of my hair is dry and damaged. My stylist has been begging me not to wash every day but I normally can't stand the itchy, greasy feeling I get by midday if I even skip one day. Batiste dry shampoo makes my scalp comfortable and while my hair doesn't look as full or glossy as after a shampoo, it does look good enough. I love being able to skip a day of further damaging my fine, colored strands. I will definitely keep using this stuff and hope that it works in the summer months as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 8:54:00 AM More reviews by PixiesMama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hallelujah! I've always had an oily scalp and since I don't often blow my hair out, it gets greasy quickly. I also don't like to shower everyday (I'm a busy, single, SAHM and it just doesn't always fit into my schedule!). Lo and behold when I find out there are many others out there that don't wash their hair every day. This has been a God-send for me! It was the first dry shampoo I ever tried (aside from the Aveda stuff, which I would not categorize as a dry shampoo, it didn't work very well AND it was price even on ebay). Anyway, it works as it should, is great for taking care of oily roots so I can go about my day without feeling gross. I recently ordered the Oscar Blandi from Sephora and I don't like it nearly as well; it's akin to the baby powder I used to use. Batiste is perfect! yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 6:02:00 AM More reviews by shawnarawwwrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this ages ago, and never really used it much. I'm not one to go long enough without washing my hair that it'll get greasy, but for those days, I'm so glad I have this stuff. It really does help make my hair look clean, and not disgusting. It does have an oddish scent to it(reminds me of grandmas), but if you could get past that, it's an awesome product. I'd also recommend putting this in your hair at nighttime before a day when you intend to go out without washing your hair, since it could look a little powdery at the beginning.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 4:29:00 AM More reviews by joeyemma

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the few products that I own that officially has HG status and I am not tempted to try anything else like it. You can shove your Oscar Blandi, Bumble and Bumble Powder etc, Batiste is the dry shampoo for me. I must have gone through about 20-30 cans off this stuff.

I first found out about it about 10 years ago when my mum was ill in hospital and couldn't wash her hair and she got me to get her a can of this to freshen her hair up. Apparently dry shampoo is a really old fashioned thing.

Pros
Dirt cheap (about 2 a can).
Gives you an extra day before you have to wash your hair (for me this reduces amount of heat styling and improves overall condition of my hair).
Sops up slight oliyness on hair, but without leaving hair looking matte and/ or dirty.
Despite being a white spray, doesn't leave a white residue on my dark brown hair once I brush it out. They have recently come out with a brown coloured dry shampoo, which I am going to try out and see if it is worth the extra 30p.

Cons
Doesn't last that long- I get about 6-8 applications per can, but at that price, who cares.
Can leave a white residue on your clothes, however I apply it before getting dressed so this isn't really a con for me.
Very occassionally, I get the odd can where the nozzle jams up and it won't spray.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2010 7:36:00 AM More reviews by VanityInsanity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this for when my hair's getting a bit greasy and I don't have time for a full on bath, but I'm still having a big night on the town. This doesn't leave any white residue or any of the powder left and the smell is as if I've just washed it. Like it very much and if you are an on-the-go girl, then this is definitely for you!