Batiste Dry Shampoo

4.3

Butane, Isobutane, Rice Starch, Propane, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzly Benzoate, Distearyldimonium chloride

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A life saver for when my hair needs refreshing!! I love the smell of the tropical and blush one! They are easy to apply and as long as you fully rub them in they dont leave embarrising white patches. Definatly a must have for me!

on 8/23/2011 8:57:00 PM

This worked at refreshing my hair, but with dark hair I was left with white residue at my parting. I must try the one for dark hair.

on 8/23/2011 8:42:00 PM

HG product. I use the blush it is the best dry shampoo ever and I have tried them all! its about 9 dollars at sally! I have thick brunette hair and it works wonders I go 5 days between washes and this keeps my hair fresh, voluminious and great

on 8/18/2011 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This might be great on people with blonde and/or lighter hair, but on dark hair? No. Batiste left a visible white residue, and even after combing it out, it did not go away. On top of that, it made my hair feel oilier, not cleaner. Therefore, i give this 2 lippies. If you have nothing else to turn to, (the shower isn't working, or you're out of shampoo) use this as a last resort. And instead, I recommend the Klorane dry shampoo. I compared the ingredients, and they are basically the same except for the fact that Klorane does NOT leave a residue. Although it is now priced at $16 in my local shoppers, it's affordable.

*Get the one for oily hair --with the green cap.*

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I wash my hair every other day, so the idea of dry hair shampoo really appealed to me as it is meant to rid you of greasy roots and give added volume.
Apply the Original Batiste directly to your roots (all over the head), leave for a few minutes, massage in and then brush out and it will leave your hair grease free - that I promise you. The only downfall is that this formula leaves a white residue in my roots and for the light haired ladies this shouldn't be too much of a set back, but for us brunettes and black haired ladies it can be an issue. Keep brushing it out and eventually the white will go, but there have been times where I have checked my hair in daylight and its still there?
I stand by the fact that Batiste produces some of the best dry hair shampoo's, but I steer clear of their Original formula. Instead I use the Medium & Brunette and XXL Volume dry hair shampoos which don't leave this white residue.
Another option if your concerned with residue is the Umberto Giannini's Glam Hair Morning After Dry Shampoo. The formula is not as strong as Batiste - you have to use more of it and it doesn't leave your hair as fresh, but it leaves 0% residue. I hope this helps.

on 8/14/2011 7:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of the best dry shampoos on the market. I really like it. I just wish it was cheaper, as when I have it in I go through it really quickly. My hair is blonde so the white powder doesn't matter if I don't get it all out, not sure if it would be as good for dark hair.

I love this stuff. I usually have to wash my hair everyday as it's pretty fine, thin, and straight. It looks pretty oily if I skip a day. Of course, if I wash my hair, then I also have to blowdry it with a roundbrush and that can be damaging if done everyday.

This product allows me to wash my hair every other day instead. On the non-wash days, I spray this several feet away from my hair through the crown. Then I use my paddle brush and brush through- it blends quite well. Not only does it smell clean and take away the greasiness, but it offers a lot of volume too. I will say the only downside is that it does feel like there is something in your hair by the end of the day...it may not actually "feel" all that clean even if it looks like it. But it's a great lifesaver, much better than using baby powder, and the smell is clean and low-key.

It is a little hard to find this product sometimes. I have not had any luck at drugstores in my area, though Kroger in my area does carry it. You also can find it on Amazon.

on 8/4/2011 5:33:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I wash my hair every other day and find that this product prevents my hair from appearing greasy and unwashed on my off-days. Heck, my hair actually looks a little nicer on the days that I use it! It's really an essential product for me, especially since I have thick, straight bangs shrouding my forehead. I have dark brown/black hair, and I do have to be careful about how I spray it on to avoid having a weird white/grey cast in my hair afterwards. Even if it shows up white on my hair, i just brush it out with a cushioned paddle brush and voila! Instant poofy, clean looking hair.

on 8/3/2011 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

There is nothing that will give you clean hair besides washing it, but this is great for those off days when you want to freshen your tresses a little. It's not a miracle worker as your hair kind of feels dirtier by the end of the day after using this, but it does it's job for a quick, on-the-go refresher. Smells great and even adds a bit of volume! To use, try to part and work hair in sections and apply quick, sporadic pumps about 10-12 inches away from scalp, work in the product with fingers. This product should be available at your local drug store, beauty supply store, ebay... the cheapest I found was actually at Winners for around $7.99.

on 7/25/2011 10:50:00 PM

SO Handy! Despite the naff packaging this shampoo is really great. It is especially useful for periods when you cant wash your hair before it gets greasy...eg MUSIC FESTIVALS!!! It is also good to spritz abit into the roots of your hair when you're backcombing or want more volume. At 2.35 for 150ml it is a very small price to pay for no embarassing greasy hair moments! Be careful though, if you spray too much at a close distance you will end up with gray patches a la Cruella de Vil.

Video Reviews & Tutorials