August 1, 2014 | 1952 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2007 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wasnt going to get this because I thought it was just another shimmery highlighter, but i was buying bridesmaid gifts and i decided to make it worthwhile i will get something for myself too (i am bad!)
i put albatross on and its such a nice highlighter without full on shimmer, its like a subtle glow. Its very different from shimmerbrick (and I love them, but its hard to wear to work sometimes, too shimmery). Albatross get this just right, i lightly sweep it over my narcisse blush and its perfect!
i think this is one highlighter to keep.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2007 2:10:00 AM More reviews by ms_angry_nipples

My bf bought this for me >:D cuz I know i wouldn't pay that much for a hilighter. Whenever I use my nars blushes (Sin or Orgasm) I use this for the apples of my cheek and right below my eyes to the side of my face. I also use this for a brow bone hilighter when i don't feel like wearing e/s. (when i'm not using my nars blushes, i use Nyx Mosaic powder blushes in Hilight for the same purpose haha). Albatross is a great blendable powder, it is shimmery (not glittery). The shimmer is the same gold shimmer that's in their shimmer blushes (i.e. Sin, Organism, Torrid, etc). I love this hilighter cuz it gives a nice golden glow especially in photos! I can't imagine it eccentuating lines, wrinkles or pores...but towards the end of the day it does fall down a bit.

You can also put on the albatross after applying your favourite matte blushes. I.e. NYX Pinky blush + Albatross = Orgasm or Mac Coppertone + Albatross = torrid. it's not exact but pretty darn close...

(NC 30 + naturally rosey cheeks with freckles).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2007 2:25:00 PM More reviews by rbyars1

Fair warning ladies...This WILL settle and accentuate any creases or wrinkles around eyes. Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful shimmery color but you have to be very strategic with it. I believe this product is best for younger women (teens to twenties) because mother nature hasn't invaded them yet..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2007 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Ava79

This is my new hg i love it. It gives you that wow factor. I apply just above where i put my bronzer and omg beautiful not glittery or cheap looking just amazing glow. Will by this again for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2007 4:35:00 PM More reviews by AxlsRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The SA at Selfridges convinced me to buy this. I love it. It's has a lovely sheer glowey sort of effect to really highlight whereever it's applied. I like to apply it to the top of my cheekbones. It has a stunning effect and really is a must have to create that beautifully "pretty" and polished look.

I love it. I love NARS

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2007 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Kuuipogal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Looks like its just white powder in a black case to me.....but put it on? My GOD. Its luminous. Angels bathe in this....Its gold,its siver,its a wash of candlelight. After a while I was looking for things to highlight....the corners of my eyes...the center of my lips,my shoulder,my earlobes,my friends........try it on your eyes,cheaps and mixed in your lipstick.

You need to give this out as a Christmas stocking stuffer.Its like a little compact of sheer gorgeous.

45 out of 45 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2007 7:22:00 PM More reviews by honeyclover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

One of the best highlighters ever! It's sheer and adds a great pale glow to your face, and I love wearing it on my cheekbones above my blush to give it an extra pop!
The texture is smooth and finely milled...just like all other Nars Blushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2007 8:06:00 PM More reviews by hollygolightlyyyyyy

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

wow. not sparkly like BB shimmer block. love it on the top of the cheekbones, under brow, and on collar bones. suits all skin tones, this is truly a versitale (sp) product for all. It is intimidating in the case, but try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2007 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Lutskis1

I can't quite make up my mind about this product. I'm on the fence with highlighters in general. While I love the idea of them, I find that on my combination skin shimmer tends to accentuate my flaws more than anything else. I tend to get the best effects by using a bronzer, a blush and a lightly shimmer shadow. I used this over my blush and bronzer on my cheekbones and then on my eyelids and lightly below my eye. It was ok; I have very dry skin around my eyes so wasn't crazy about how it looked after an hour or so. I think I'll return this...not for me. I will say that I find most highlighting products way too shimmery (BB shimmerbricks, Cargo Beach blushes) and this was the most subtle...just still not quite the best for me. Try before you buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2007 10:33:00 PM More reviews by dollbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

HG highlighter for me. I've been on a long tedious search for an everyday cheekbone/browbone highlighting powder with NO glitter. It has to be a powder because I'm oily, and it has to have no glitter because I work in a professional environment. This is the ideal highlighter for me because it is a beautiful gold shimmer which looks like a soft metallic sheen on my skin, the lit-from-within glow which is non-greasy and most importantly non-glittery. I always finish off my look with this on top of blush. Lasting power is superb and price is good (Cdn$27) considering the amount. I will repurchase this because it gives me the exact effect I want and i haven't been able to find any other highlighting powder that is shimmery sans glitter (strike-outs with MAC msf, MAC iridescent powders, BE all over colors, BB shimmer bricks, Stila all over shimmer powder, MUFE shine on & star powders, Guerlain meteorites, Smashbox soft lights...just to give you an idea of how much $ i've wasted).

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No