September 18, 2014 | 1202 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2007 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is a nice highlighter. i got it as a duo w/ torrid. it goes well w/ every blush and even by itself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2007 11:40:00 AM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would've never bought this on my own, but after getting a NARS makeover I changed my mind. After the makeup artist was done with my face and I looked myself in the mirror, I couldn't quite understand how the two creases on the sides of my mouth (nasolabial folds) all of a sudden look SIGNIFICANTLY diminished, almost gone. So I asked her and she told me about applying Albatross on them... Well, needless to say I purchased it right away and I've been using it ever since. I have expanded the usage to my eyes, instead of an eyeshadow. It makes my eyes look rested and fresh all day long. I don't use it on my cheeks as I already use Laguna and Orgasm, so I think this would be a bit of an overkill. I love this product and will keep using it. In my case, I apply it to these are with the finger actually, so I think this will last me a long time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Exotichris

I must say that i find the good reviews to be true and i personally love this product a lot.
I'm nc30, and goes well with all my other NARS blushes, Sin, Torrid, Orgasm, Sertao, Luster, Crazed, Desire and bronzer Laguna.
The shimmer in it is very fine, it looks sophisticated not cheap big chunks of glitter or tacky shimmer, but just a bath of light.
Recommended!
EDIT: Too Faced snow bunny is more shimmery- more luminous, more gold IMO, I like it better for a night out, but Albatross is great for day use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 11:07:00 AM More reviews by illuminate1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am loving Albatross. I have a duo with Torrid and Albatross in the same packaging and I reach for it daily now. Ablatross is the PERFECT highlight! Its not overly shimmery so its a very grown up, sophisticated highlighter. It makes me glow and I get compliments all the time since using this and Torrid. Do not be fooled by the whiteness of the product, I am medium yellow toned latina and I wear it nicely. I am quickly becoming a NARS fanatic!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2007 1:10:00 AM More reviews by CutestCutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This looked too shimmery white on my coloring. Wouldn't recommend for those who share my skin tone.
For reference, I'm NC 42, black hair w/ drk brown eyes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2007 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wasnt going to get this because I thought it was just another shimmery highlighter, but i was buying bridesmaid gifts and i decided to make it worthwhile i will get something for myself too (i am bad!)
i put albatross on and its such a nice highlighter without full on shimmer, its like a subtle glow. Its very different from shimmerbrick (and I love them, but its hard to wear to work sometimes, too shimmery). Albatross get this just right, i lightly sweep it over my narcisse blush and its perfect!
i think this is one highlighter to keep.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2007 2:10:00 AM More reviews by ms_angry_nipples

My bf bought this for me >:D cuz I know i wouldn't pay that much for a hilighter. Whenever I use my nars blushes (Sin or Orgasm) I use this for the apples of my cheek and right below my eyes to the side of my face. I also use this for a brow bone hilighter when i don't feel like wearing e/s. (when i'm not using my nars blushes, i use Nyx Mosaic powder blushes in Hilight for the same purpose haha). Albatross is a great blendable powder, it is shimmery (not glittery). The shimmer is the same gold shimmer that's in their shimmer blushes (i.e. Sin, Organism, Torrid, etc). I love this hilighter cuz it gives a nice golden glow especially in photos! I can't imagine it eccentuating lines, wrinkles or pores...but towards the end of the day it does fall down a bit.

You can also put on the albatross after applying your favourite matte blushes. I.e. NYX Pinky blush + Albatross = Orgasm or Mac Coppertone + Albatross = torrid. it's not exact but pretty darn close...

(NC 30 + naturally rosey cheeks with freckles).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2007 2:25:00 PM More reviews by rbyars1

Fair warning ladies...This WILL settle and accentuate any creases or wrinkles around eyes. Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful shimmery color but you have to be very strategic with it. I believe this product is best for younger women (teens to twenties) because mother nature hasn't invaded them yet..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2007 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Ava79

This is my new hg i love it. It gives you that wow factor. I apply just above where i put my bronzer and omg beautiful not glittery or cheap looking just amazing glow. Will by this again for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2007 4:35:00 PM More reviews by AxlsRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The SA at Selfridges convinced me to buy this. I love it. It's has a lovely sheer glowey sort of effect to really highlight whereever it's applied. I like to apply it to the top of my cheekbones. It has a stunning effect and really is a must have to create that beautifully "pretty" and polished look.

I love it. I love NARS