October 26, 2014 | 1013 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2007 11:37:00 AM More reviews by ameyls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a duo with the Lovejoy blush and had no intention of using it. Still, since it came with the blush, I thought I'd give it a try.

OH MY GOD.

This stuff is incredible. It gives my skin a dewey, airbrushed look without looking too overdone. For work, I like to sweep just a little bit of Albatross from the top point of my cheekbone up to my temples. It makes my face look perfectly contoured. For going out, I like to sweep it over my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin for an all-over airbrushed look. It's like I have my own personal candlelight dinner following me around all night. I can't imagine that I'll run out of this any time soon, as it only takes a tiny bit to get the effect, but I will definitely be buying more when I do!

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2007 12:19:00 PM More reviews by warfreakbaby

i got this together with the orgasm blush. at first, i have no intention of liking this one. it just so happened that the single orgasm blush is sold out from a store so i got the one with the albatross. this is soooo perfect!!! i love the way it brighten my eyes and my whole face! i can use it everywhere. the nars assistant told me to brush it in the middle of my forehead, bridge of my nose, cheekbones, jaw lines. i thought he was crazy but WOW!!! PERFECT!!! i cant believe how this one makes me look blooming and beautiful.. i cannot describe how much i love this and my orgasm blush. i hope they will never get tired of making this because if ever they stop doing or selling this, im gonna die!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 9:38:00 AM More reviews by gimmeglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually try to wait atleast 2 weeks before I review something, just to make sure that the review is accurate.. but, it's been one week & I just adore this stuff way too much to wait! I've tried soo many different highlighters, and have constantly had problems getting it to actually show up, or showing up too much & being too glittery/shimmery. After trying this I was soo amazed at how perfect it makes my skin look. It's an off white with gold undertones, and it's absolutely beautiful on the skin. I apply it everywhere I can, and apply a light bronzer over top of it (WNW Acapulco Glow), because it is a white highlighter, and if you use too much, you can look like a ghost, but that's almost hard to do. I apply it lightly over my blush, which helps a ton, especially if I've over applied my blush.. It makes my skin look like it's been airbrushed from a magazine, and I can't even count the compliments I've gotten since using it. This stuff is my HG highlighter, and I pray they never d/c it, I will die.. It's pricey, but def worth it. A must have. Will be buying again & again, even though it will be lasting me forever. For reference, I apply it with my Accent brush made by EOB.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2007 9:56:00 PM More reviews by retrorunway

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didnt really like it. I thought it made me look washed out instead of brighter. this was has orgasm with it and i love that. Want to try laguna/orgasm as i need to try the bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2007 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is a nice highlighter. i got it as a duo w/ torrid. it goes well w/ every blush and even by itself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2007 11:40:00 AM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would've never bought this on my own, but after getting a NARS makeover I changed my mind. After the makeup artist was done with my face and I looked myself in the mirror, I couldn't quite understand how the two creases on the sides of my mouth (nasolabial folds) all of a sudden look SIGNIFICANTLY diminished, almost gone. So I asked her and she told me about applying Albatross on them... Well, needless to say I purchased it right away and I've been using it ever since. I have expanded the usage to my eyes, instead of an eyeshadow. It makes my eyes look rested and fresh all day long. I don't use it on my cheeks as I already use Laguna and Orgasm, so I think this would be a bit of an overkill. I love this product and will keep using it. In my case, I apply it to these are with the finger actually, so I think this will last me a long time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Exotichris

I must say that i find the good reviews to be true and i personally love this product a lot.
I'm nc30, and goes well with all my other NARS blushes, Sin, Torrid, Orgasm, Sertao, Luster, Crazed, Desire and bronzer Laguna.
The shimmer in it is very fine, it looks sophisticated not cheap big chunks of glitter or tacky shimmer, but just a bath of light.
Recommended!
EDIT: Too Faced snow bunny is more shimmery- more luminous, more gold IMO, I like it better for a night out, but Albatross is great for day use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 11:07:00 AM More reviews by illuminate1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am loving Albatross. I have a duo with Torrid and Albatross in the same packaging and I reach for it daily now. Ablatross is the PERFECT highlight! Its not overly shimmery so its a very grown up, sophisticated highlighter. It makes me glow and I get compliments all the time since using this and Torrid. Do not be fooled by the whiteness of the product, I am medium yellow toned latina and I wear it nicely. I am quickly becoming a NARS fanatic!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2007 1:10:00 AM More reviews by CutestCutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This looked too shimmery white on my coloring. Wouldn't recommend for those who share my skin tone.
For reference, I'm NC 42, black hair w/ drk brown eyes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2007 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wasnt going to get this because I thought it was just another shimmery highlighter, but i was buying bridesmaid gifts and i decided to make it worthwhile i will get something for myself too (i am bad!)
i put albatross on and its such a nice highlighter without full on shimmer, its like a subtle glow. Its very different from shimmerbrick (and I love them, but its hard to wear to work sometimes, too shimmery). Albatross get this just right, i lightly sweep it over my narcisse blush and its perfect!
i think this is one highlighter to keep.