NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

on 4/4/2008 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Totally stunning highlighter on me. Beautiful golden sheen - not shimmer! I love this paired with almost any blush I own. People compare it to MAC Vanilla pigment, but Vanilla does not go on as smooth - a little more buffing to get it a smooth as Albatross (Vanilla also has more pink in it). I purchased this in the Orgasm/Albatross Duo and I hate Orgasm so it pains me to swap it away - ohh well I need to find a pan of Albatross instead - total HG of the moment anyways.

I have tried MAC MSF's, BB Shimmerbricks and neither compare to the 'sheen' I get from Albatross, IMO.

on 3/11/2008 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I can't believe it took me so long to review this. SO i wasn't entirely convinced that this product was *worth* it until I had to wear it the day of my engagement ceremony. IN all the photographs I have a GLOW. And I know it because I layered this beautiful highlighter on top of my blush. ON my GGG skin, it can't be used alone, but if used ON TOP of whatever blush I'm wearing in the evening, it really works as a highlighter, and a lot less messy than my other fave, MAC quiver pearlizer, (which is easy to overdo and a loose powder).

I would recommend this to anyone, but not by itself.

LSF 8, nc40-42, dry dry skin

on 3/5/2008 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

After trying some new skincare techniques I became addicted to the glow my face has afterwards. I dont usually wear makeup on my face besides bronzer occasionally in these winter months because they tend to leave me oily. I really debated for a long time whether or not this simple white powder was worth getting, but the reviews here convinced me to try. I use it with a fluffy brush and apply it in a crescent ''C'' motion around my eyes from the top of my brows to the top of my cheek bones. It brightens up my eyes and softens the angles on my face for a glowy air brushed effect. I also love how it tones down any bronzer that I might've over applied and also looks great dabbed in the inner corners of my eyes and in the ''v'' of my upper lip. I would suggest this for warmer skin tones because its golden, and MAC's Vanilla for cooler tones because of the pink. You really only need the smallest amount of this powder, like other NARS blushes it is highly pigmented and finely milled so it'll really last you awhile.

on 2/23/2008 3:21:00 PM

Unfortunately I am unable to give Albatross a higher rating, as this item is a miss for someone like me that is super-pale and in fact, did not even show up on me.

on 2/18/2008 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love Albatross as a highlighter. In the pan it is a light golden white with subtle shimmer. On the cheeks it is a lovely candlelit glow. It is basically a pressed version of MAC Vanilla pigment minus the pink iridescence. I like to use it as a cheekbone highlighter as well as down the center of my nose to slim it down a bit. It is also great as an eye brightener on the inner corner of the eyes. The powder itself is very finely milled and applies like silk. The price is a bit steep for a blush/highlighter but you only need the tiniest bit, so that pan will last you a life time. Definitely check this item out the next time you are at a NARS counter. My coloring: olive/yellow LLL with Dark brown hair and eyes.

on 2/14/2008 1:58:00 PM

I decided to keep this after all. Must've been application with the wrong blush, because I love it now, even on a bare face.

This is a *glowy* light gold that contributes to the dewy look that you see on models. Itís subtle, not overly shimmery and sans sparkles or glitter. I have other highlighters that shimmer with glitter or even look more metallic and are preferable when going out at night. Albatross, however, gives skin that pretty candlelight glow, itís perfect for day or a more polished look. It took me a few uses to appreciate itís worth, I thought it was boring and overpriced. After learning itís ďcandlelightĒ properties though, Iím more convinced of itís worth. Not a necessity and the golden color isnít the best with my skin tone (nw15-20, so silvery light pinks look best on me). Iíd like to have it if money were no object, but unfortunately, money is a big object and I have other highlighters that I can work with and suit my coloring better.

on 1/29/2008 8:16:00 PM

Lovely! It's so pretty! I swiped it over Nar's Orgasm Multiple. Such a beautiful soft sheen! I used a Chanel powder brush to apply it. I feared Nars's Bronzer brush would apply it too heavy. I'm very pleased with this and will definitely purchase again.

on 1/29/2008 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It looks quite bright in the pan but it shows up as soft golden shim on my face. I use it on my cheek bones and T zone and it gives me a very natural glow. It's my all time favorite highlighter. I reach it all the time when I am not playing with my MSF. Will def. buy it agian when I run out.

on 1/18/2008 12:56:00 PM

Albatross is an AMAZING highlighter! It's a shimmering white color that flashes gold, and it looks amazing on my pale yellowish/olive PPP skin. I also find that it's extremely handy for toning down overzealous applications of blush, and it looks beautiful when swiped across the lid as a shadow. It's comparable to a less shiny version of MAC's nylon shadow. There's a lot of product, so I imagine it'll take me quite a while to get through it. But I would repurchase when I run out.

Top Rated NARS Products