Bioderma Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

4.3

Water, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Bromide

on 3/30/2012 11:59:00 AM

Purchased this product yesterday and I was very shocked to see it available in Canada! I used it immediately when I got home and it removed all of my makeup. A very important tip I learned is a little goes along way. I don't want to assume its capability because it has been less than 24 hours SO I decided to wait until the next morning to review. My eyes didn't feel like it had residue of mascara on and that became a huge relief. I also put some on my face this morning after I woke up and I was grossed out to see "dirt" on the cotton ball (not makeup as I did not wear any face products the day before). I highly, highly recommend bioderma :)

Update: I literally just repurchased a new bottle of Bioderma two days ago because the quality is amazing and I ran out. Just a side note in case you are wondering how long the bottle lasts!

on 3/27/2012 3:56:00 AM

Love this product!! Non greasy formula but still dont need much effort to remove makeup! I have tried a lot of makeup removers and I think I have now met my match! A little hard to get hold of as I live in the UK but managed to find on ebay without a problem.

on 3/25/2012 10:15:00 AM

This is my first Micelle Cleanser. Never knew a water-based cleanser can work as well as a oil-based cleanser for removing makeup. Thanks to my HK colleague's recommendation, I bought a bottle and started using it in HK's dry weather. Doesn't dry out my skin at all. Now that I'm back in Singapore's hot and humid weather, the product is still performing well - no breakouts or bumps on my skin and it didn't dry out my skin as well.

Will monitor it again for the next couple of weeks, but i'm just happy that my cleansing routine just got simplified. :)

I had been looking for this product for ages as it's really hard to come by in Bangkok (found it in Hong Kong!) and I have to say, so far it has been a real disappointment. While it is good for removing makeup on my face, it only gets a bit of eyeliner off, and hardly works for my waterproof mascara - I usually use Maybelline Falsies or Magnum.

Good for removing powder/foundation etc, but if you want something a bit heavy duty for eyemakeup, go for something else ... it could be cheaper too!

Once again, a huge fail for me.
This works as an eye make-up remover quite good, but on my face it really did a bad job as a cleaning lotion.
I wated to try this because everyone raved about it and I fell for the hype.
So, first time I used this, I removed my eye make-up and that worked beautifully. I can easily see, why make-up-artists have this as a staple product in their kits.
After removing your eye make-up with this cleanser, you can immediately put on new eye make -up. I´ve seen this effect with no other cleanser. Your eye-area is clean, but no sitcky residue, no film is left. And I believe, that this cleanser can remove a quite heavy eye make-up.
However, the downfall came as I used it on my face. It´s true, that it doesn´t give an allergic reaction. But it dried my skin out like hell.
I couldn´t believe it, as it was said to be one of the most gentle cleansers around.
But the next morning as I tried it again, I saw no difference. Drying out my skin completely while using this. My pores really shrunk and crumpled from the dryness this cleaner caused.
I gave it 3 lippies,because it does an amazing job as eye make-up remover.
But I wouldn´t buy it again, because my usual, much cheaper eye make-up remover was as good as this. I really don´t need this special feature of immediately-ready-to-do- a-make-up-again as I use it in the evening and then go to bed.

on 3/19/2012 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I did a lot of research before buying this, because its not cheap and i have very seaitive intolerant dry skin. Y started using it and like it but after a little over a week my skin was completly dried out, i came down with a rash and it was so dry that i actually had abrassions,also its been said that it fine for sensitive eyes, it stings so bad. Now im left with an almost full 500 ml bottle and cant use it. Im not saying this will happen to everyone, but its not as HG as a lot of people make it out to be, if YOU HAVE SENSITIVE DRY SKIN OR EYES BEWARE!!!!!

on 3/17/2012 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

My favourite no-rinse cleanser.

It cleanses, removes makeup (including Colorstay, though it needs a makeup removing sponge instead of cottonpads), it's free of fragrance (and odorless), irritating ingredients, strong preservatives, anionic surfactants.

It doesn't need to be rinsed-out but it can sometimes leave a slight tacky afterfeel so you can rinse it with soft water (or plain water if it's not too hard), or a toner.

In France, there are two formulas : Crealine H2O for normal to combination skin, and Crealine TS H2O for dry to very dry skin (TS means "Très Sèche", in English "Very Dry").

It's really inexpensive as it's usually sold in packs of 2 x 500 ml (so, one liter) and such a pack costs around 16 € (approximately US$21).

The packaging is simple (but I don't like the fact that I cannot remove the cap to put a pump on top of the bottle).

Will definitely repurchase (as I've always done for almost ten years).

on 3/14/2012 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This review is for the pink-capped version. This is my HG eye makeup remover. I also use it for quick lipstick changes. It takes EVERYTHING off so easily, doesn't sting my eyes and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Love, love, love. The only downside is the lack of availability in the US. I order it online from France, but it is totally worth the extra hassle.

on 3/13/2012 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

(This is for the pink-lid version)

My go-to make up remover :D I hate oily things on my skin, and unlike all other make-up removers, this one got things done wonderfully well without being oily. In addition, I have oily, acne-prone skin, and this didn't cause me to get oilier or have any breakouts. A definite winner in my book!

on 3/9/2012 2:27:00 PM

I desperately wanted to love this as it is such a cult product. I always wear waterproof eye makeup and heard that this product was favoured by makeup artists, gentle and got every scrap of waterproof mascara off.

Not for me.

The texture is like water as other reviewers have said. I didn't find at all that it soaked off my eye makeup and so did have to rub a bit. With other removers which are oiler in texture the "slip" you get makes that possible (if it is even necessary) but with this I got very sore eyelids with some makeup still there!

Worst off all it really made my eyes sting. I like to soak a cotton pad and really douse my eyes (closed) with remover. This almost felt as though it dried my eyes out.

In the UK this is not the cheapest makeup remover because we have to ship in or buy off eBay but even for a quarter of the price, I would not use it again.

My preference is for a two-phase oilier product like the Garnier Simply Essentials 2 in 1 makeup remover. Big bottle, dirt cheap and I could rinse my eyes in it without any problem if I had to! And no rubbing needed!!

Such a shame.