Bioderma Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

4.3

Water, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Bromide

on 3/14/2012 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This review is for the pink-capped version. This is my HG eye makeup remover. I also use it for quick lipstick changes. It takes EVERYTHING off so easily, doesn't sting my eyes and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Love, love, love. The only downside is the lack of availability in the US. I order it online from France, but it is totally worth the extra hassle.

on 3/13/2012 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

(This is for the pink-lid version)

My go-to make up remover :D I hate oily things on my skin, and unlike all other make-up removers, this one got things done wonderfully well without being oily. In addition, I have oily, acne-prone skin, and this didn't cause me to get oilier or have any breakouts. A definite winner in my book!

on 3/9/2012 2:27:00 PM

I desperately wanted to love this as it is such a cult product. I always wear waterproof eye makeup and heard that this product was favoured by makeup artists, gentle and got every scrap of waterproof mascara off.

Not for me.

The texture is like water as other reviewers have said. I didn't find at all that it soaked off my eye makeup and so did have to rub a bit. With other removers which are oiler in texture the "slip" you get makes that possible (if it is even necessary) but with this I got very sore eyelids with some makeup still there!

Worst off all it really made my eyes sting. I like to soak a cotton pad and really douse my eyes (closed) with remover. This almost felt as though it dried my eyes out.

In the UK this is not the cheapest makeup remover because we have to ship in or buy off eBay but even for a quarter of the price, I would not use it again.

My preference is for a two-phase oilier product like the Garnier Simply Essentials 2 in 1 makeup remover. Big bottle, dirt cheap and I could rinse my eyes in it without any problem if I had to! And no rubbing needed!!

Such a shame.

on 3/5/2012 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This was a disappointment for me because it was just too harsh on my skin. People would swear by this product so I really thought it would be a dream but not the case. It stung my eyes really bad which the Klorane version of micellar water (Wild Cornflower Eye Makeup Remover) didn't at all, and my skin felt like it was so stripped of everything after using Bioderma. Its claim that it soothes skin is not true, at least in my experience. Yes, it did remove all traces of makeup and sunscreen including: L'Oreal Ombrelle Sunscreen SPF 60, Revlon Colorstay for Dry/Normal Skin, Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer, Revlon cream Blush, Revlon Colorburst Lipstick or Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick. Since this was just too harsh on my skin I ended up with an uneven texture on my skin even when I applied moisturizer after a complete face wash (ie: using Bioderma to remove makeup and using a cleanser to wash my face). I never experienced this with Klorane even when using the same facial cleanser to cleanse the skin after makeup removal.

The packaging is great because the little spout at the top doesn't allow the product to come out in big volumes, and the plastic bottle is quite sturdy enough for any knocks. Bioderma has no scent, no coloring and the consistency is indeed like water.

Bought mine in a 250ml bottle on sale for about 1500yen which is about $15 - 16 US I guess. Will not be purchasing this due to high price and harshness of product on my skin.

on 3/4/2012 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Tried others but they've always been too harsh on my dry, sensitive skin and didn't manage to take off mascara. This product almost feels as gentle as water and thoroughly removes makeup. A bit expensive to get here but worth it. Hope they never reformulate this one!

on 2/28/2012 9:36:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

It does a good job to remove makeup in general. With waterproof mascara, I did have to hold a soaked cotton pad over my eyes for over half a minute before the stuff comes off. I like that it is fragrance free and it did not leave any sticky feeling/residue. When I rinse my face with water, I can feel that my skin was a bit soapy, but it did rinse off quite quickly. Will rebuy.

on 2/25/2012 11:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was looking for something to replace my Neutrogena makeup remover wipes, which made me super oily, and I heard about this cleanser. I love it because it removes all of my makeup (I don't use it on my eyes), doesn't make me oily, but doesn't dry out my skin, and it doesn't break me out. It's expensive, but I will definitely repurchase.

on 2/25/2012 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I stock up on this every time I'm in Paris as it's cheaper and easier to find there. This is an excellent makeup remover for a few reasons:
- it's unscented.
- it never leaves a film on my face.
- it does not sting my face or eyes, unless I accidentally get some in my eye directly (in the past, I have over saturated a cotton pad and then basically squeezed out its contents into my eye - not recommended!)

I have not used other micellar waters so I can't compare it, but because I find the price reasonable and I usually get enough to last me a while, I've had no reason to stray.

My only recommendation is that you decant it into a bottle that allows you to control the amount that comes out better. I use a little travel bottle from Muji, which allows me to squeeze a generous drop at a time. Otherwise, a whole lot comes out rather quickly.

As others have mentioned, this will not take off waterproof mascara. It'll take off quite a lot of it, but to make life easier, I recommend using a bi-phase remover. I like to use the Bioderma when I get home to clean the day off.

on 2/22/2012 12:17:00 PM

When i first got this I was not impressed. It was a non-rinse make up remover, fragrance-free, that didn't leave a greasy film on my eye area and felt cooling and nice while using it. After I finished the biggest bottle, I went back to the eye make up removers I was using before...then it was when I really start to love this product. Other products leave a greasy (and sometimes heavy) film, make my eyes sting and may cause irritation. This does just the opposite, never irritates and I find that even soothes irritation.
This is a must-have for me.

I tried it a couple of times on my face and this give me big acne pimples...The product is labelled "for normal to dry skin", so I shouldn't be expecting any miracle...

on 2/11/2012 3:08:00 PM

Simply the best ! Better than all the rest ! I have really sensitive eyelids. They itch, burn, get red and puffy very easily. I have a routine and have to stick with it.
I use this fantastic product to remove my eye make-up.I use any creamy make up remover for the rest of my face.
For those who have eyelid eczema or very sensitive eyelids this is for you.
I use Korres eyelid primer and after that I can use any eyelid product. I remove it with Bioderma, wash my eyelids with Johnson baby shampoo and the rest of my face with Cetaphil ( I use it without water so this way it becomes like a cream). After that, I hydrate my eyelids with Eucerin Replenishing Face cream 5% Urea and put more on my eyelids before I go to sleep.
Bye bye eyelids problem ! If you are desperate withe burning red eyelids, try this routine.