Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Ppg-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Polysorbate 20, Peg-16 Soy Sterol, Citric Acid, Feverfew Extract, Soybean Protein, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Sarcosine, Potassium Aspartate, Magnesium Aspartate, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Coco Pg-Dimonium Chloride, Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Tetrasodium Edta, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide

on 12/12/2005 12:27:00 PM

It's my first time trying an Aveeno product. I've been slathering on too much hydroxy acid and vitamin C tratments lately, and my skin got red, scaly and easily irritated by other cleansers and the dry weather. On my first use of the ultra-calming cleanser, my skin was immediately soothed, no redness whatsoever. I'm really impressed, considering that it's a drugstore product.
I do agree with the other users that this product probably doesn't work well in removing makeup. It didn't even remove my sunscreen. I'll probably use this for the second step of my facial cleansing.

on 12/8/2005 1:07:00 PM

This was a really gentle cleanser, and didn't really do a good job of cleaning my face. This is not good for anyone that wears a lot of makeup, as you need A LOT of the product to get the makeup off. This would be good for someone with really sensitive skin that has had no luck with other products.

on 12/3/2005 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Dried out my skin. Try spectrojel if you have dry sensitive skin like me.

on 12/1/2005 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

yup! the search for the best gentle cleanser is done! i mean i love this cleanser so much! i have sensitive and irritated skin and this cleanser helped it so much! after washing my face using this cleanser, my face isn't red anymore! this is so gentle and it's not drying at all! i would definitely recommend this and i would definitely buy this again. good luck : )

on 11/28/2005 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I rarely use this term, but this is my HG cleanser. I have sensitive/combination skin that gets really dry in the colder months, and I have never been able to find a cleanser that would: 1) remove all my makeup, including eye makeup, without stinging 2) not leave an oily or bothersome film on my skin 3) not dry/irritate my skin 4) not cost an arm and a leg 5) be readily available. Mostly I've used foaming cleansers that are on the drying side (like Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser), just so I can get the StudioFix and sunscreen off. Cetaphil is more gentle, but it doesn't really take off makeup and I'm too lazy to use a bunch of different cleansers every day.

I was leery of the foaming quality of the cleanser-- seems like it would be a cheap trick. But it actually did everything it was supposed to, and rinsed clean too. I'm using Differin and a topical antibiotic on the advice of my derm, and I haven't had a reaction yet. Two thumbs up for this one!

on 11/28/2005 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this several weeks now. I really like it. Is it HG material? No. But it's a nice non irritating cleanser that is slightly helping with my redness from Rosacea. It can be slightly drying. But it's fine for now. I plan on trying Eucerin's Redness cleanser next. I would rec. this cleanser though for anyone with sensitive reactive skin that is normal/combo or oily. HTH!

on 11/26/2005 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I don't generally use foaming cleansers, I don't ever hardly like Aveeno or drugstore stuff in general, but this is my current favorite cleanser. Its very gentle, but very thorough, cleans all the oil,makeup, etc. It really does calm - the rest of their calming line stupidly has fragrance and alcohol.. this has extra good ingredients too like their soy stuff etc, besides their feverfew. I was hesitant to try the feverfew stuff, I thought it was a gimmick. Then I read it has more antioxidant and antiinflammatory properties than any of 2000 other products tested in clinical trials and really reduces redness in a week. This is a very nice non-medicated gentle cleanser that does really calm. I wish they would reformulate the rest of their ultra-calming line so I could have a moisturizer in it with their feverfew. And it does seem odd, its one of those opposites things.. I am actually allergic to feverfew -its related to ragweed. I take allergy shots even. But, seriously, its in the medical journals, when a special purified extract of it is used, at least on the skin, I don't know about injesting it, so don't try that, it calms down allergic reactions more than anything else that's been tried. Weird, and I wish Aveeno had more info on this special ingredient of theirs (don't just use any feverfew, it has to be purified like in Aveeno stuff) but it works on my skin.

on 11/22/2005 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this one but was dissappointed. It is a good basic cleanser, and it was able to get the makeup off. (It didn't remove makeup as well as Cetaphil.) I found it drying to my already dry skin and didn't see tremendous improvement in the the red splotches. I'll finish it but won't repurchase

on 11/22/2005 12:00:00 PM

This dried out my skin terribly especially under the eye area.I didn't find it calming or gentle.It's harsh on the skin.The next morning my skin looked absolutely prunelike-and this was even with using a night cream and serum.

on 11/22/2005 10:33:00 AM

I SAW THE REVIEWS HERE FOR THIS CLEANSER AND I DEFINETLY WANTED TO TRY IT BECAUSE I HAVE ROSACEA. I WAS SERIOUSLY DISAPPOINTED BECAUSE IT DID NOT REMOVE MAKE UP AT ALL AND IT DID NOT REDUCE REDNESS IN ANY WAY. EVEN THOUGH IT WAS NOT VERY PRICEY I STILL HATE WASTING MONEY. I THINK IT MAY BE OK IF YOU ARE NOT A COSMETIC WEARER AND YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO CLEANSE OFF OF YOUR FACE. A BETTER PRODUCT EUCERIN ANTI-REDNESS CLEANSER OR EVEN CETAPHIL MOISURIZING BAR. ALSO TRY LINDA SY ZINCO.