April 23, 2014 | 1870 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2005 7:58:00 PM More reviews by teddy_toilet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably my favourite cleanser. I usually am always changing cleansers but I've stuck with this one. Nothing leaves my skin so clean without dryness, and it really does reduce redness, even in blemishes. The smell is not great but inoffensive (a weird, chemically herb scent) and I love how it foams up but does dry out or irritate my skin. I definatly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2005 1:07:00 PM More reviews by lapin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a rather new product for me, as I've only been using it about evey other day for the last two weeks, but that seems like adequate time for this product. This is a really nice cleanser! I have oily skin, that is easily clogged and rough, and this, while not being a treatment product, helps my skin by gently cleansing it without stripping it or roughing it up too much. If I am wearing tenacious sunscreen, I rub a little sunflower oil into my skin first, and then follow with this cleanser. I like that it comes out as a foam, and so you're not mashing into your face trying to get it to foam and distribute evenly. Definitely helps me in treating my face more gently (as I tend to want to 'kill it' with treatments and scrubs, etc).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2005 12:07:00 PM More reviews by stirstu

I've been using cetaphil for a few months w/ no problems until about two weeks ago, when i had an allergic reaction to it. Cetaphils i gentle but it does have sodium lauryl sulfite in it, so essentially its not soap free. I've tried aveeno's saylic acid cleanser and liked but it's too drying this time of year, i noticed this line at target and used it when my face was still going through its reaction to the cetaphil. It' worked wonderfully, my face calmed down overnite, and the rash and redness went away, i'm pleased! Will update to see how this works out long term!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2005 4:21:00 PM More reviews by tetrakis

I think the idea behind this cleanser is great. I have done some searches on pubmed, and (though I can't find anything about feverfew topically) it does seem to have anti-inflammatory properties, and I think it probably does work. It did work for me the first few days. It's not really drying, but it's not moisturizing either. I suppose it's kind of 'neutral' in that aspect. It also removed make-up very well (I use water-proof tinted moisturizer, so that's quite a task). When I began using it, I saw a reduction in redness, but then two days later....nasty rosacea flare =(. I really wanted to love it, but my skin is so sensitive, it seems that I am sensitive to almost everything. If you have sensitive skin, I would try this cleanser, despite my review, because I think sensitivity of my level is the exception, not the rule. I think many people with irritated skin may find that this works for them, just not me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2005 4:01:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I came back to this and I still love it. It does take off all my makeup, it's gentle to my sensitive and combination skin, and it helps with the blotchiness and pimples. I'm really impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2005 4:50:00 PM More reviews by HeatherMarieLawrence

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this facewash..I'm completely ecstatic. I started using it about a week ago. I have dramatic improvement. I have very acne prone, sensitive skin. I have been using Pro Activ for the past 3 months. It made my face dry, red, and instead of healing the pimples, they were just hidden under my skin. When I stopped using the Pro Activ, it's like they all came back out of hiding. This Aveeno Calming facewash truly lives up to its name. It is helping clear my face of the pimples, moisturizing, and reducing redness. I am in love with it. Now, for the perfect moisturizer...Any suggestions?

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2005 3:30:00 PM More reviews by LL712

I've been in the market for a cleanser for a long time. Cleansers I've used: Paula's Choice Cleanser Normal/Dry and Skin Balancing, Prescriptives Fresh Foaming and a couple Lumene. I saw this on sale at CVS and decided to give it a try. I wasn't sure what to expect since my skin is normal/slightly dry/sometimes oily in spots (is that combination?) and prone to breakouts/blackheads if I use something that doesn't agree with my skin. I've been using it for 1 month now and can truly say that I saw results within a few days. Immediately after washing, I notice that my skin isn't tight and truly feels clean with no lingering residue. There is no funky scent and the light foam can be deceiving. It really does clean.

Packaging: I really like the pump! It makes for easy travel.

I would highly recommend this product to anyone with normal to slightly dry/slightly oily skin and sensitive skin individuals. Thumbs up; I'll be buying again. If anything changes, I'll let you all know!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2005 10:32:00 PM More reviews by esamms

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My long search for cleanser is over! The cleanser I've used for years was discontinued not too long ago, and I'd been through at least a dozen bad ones until I found this new gem by Aveeno. I have dry, sensitive skin, and this face wash doesn't irritate it in the least! It removes every trace of makeup, and doesn't make my skin feel tight at all... rather, it feels somewhat moisturized. I don't know that it's made my skin actually LOOK any better, but I didn't expect it to. All I want is a simple cleanser, and now I've found it! I won't stray from this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2005 12:58:00 PM More reviews by BriChz

This is a really great face wash. I've been using it for the past couple of weeks and my skin is noticeably smoother, softer, and more even. I have pretty sensitive skin, especially since I use prescription cream at night, and this has been perfect. It's really gentle b/c it's soap-free, but it still removes make-up. I highly recommend this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2005 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Lilo1013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser is quite interesting. it foams but its soap free! and i dont know what the soap free feature does exactly but its working for my skin! My skin has never felt softer and cleaner. Its not drying and has a faint smell but not in a bad way. I've tried other aveeno cleansers before but this is the one that didnt have any bad effects on me. I'm not sure if my redness is going away but my skin does feel calmer... maybe its all the marketing but whatever! i feel comfy with this and i'm sticking to it! =)