Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Ppg-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Polysorbate 20, Peg-16 Soy Sterol, Citric Acid, Feverfew Extract, Soybean Protein, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Sarcosine, Potassium Aspartate, Magnesium Aspartate, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Coco Pg-Dimonium Chloride, Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Tetrasodium Edta, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide

I have combination skin (oily on the T-zone, normal to dry on the cheeks) with rosacea which makes my skin ultra-sensitive. I love this cleanser because it is very gentle and yet cleanses thoroughly (it takes off all my make-up, too, and I wear foundation every day). It doesn't dry my skin out, either. For me, it's a great product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am on the fence about this face wash. I like that it is unscented, very gentle, and hasn't broken me out at all. But, unfortunately, it hasn't done too much to help the redness in my face. Also, I doesn't do that great of a job removing my m/u (and I wear very minimal m/u!). Also, I found it to be a little drying. I don't think I would repurchase b/c I'm really just not that impressed by this face wash. However, I would recommmend it to people who have oily, sensitive skin.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i am surprised that this is doing such a good number on my skin. I'm listed as oily but am also sensitive. This is the only cleanser that i have found that cleans gently and effectivly. My blemishes are fading and my cheeks are less flush. I use this with the lotion as well which has cleared up my skin substantially. I'll keep using this and hope i can find this at my PX. thanks Aveeno!

I've got acne-prone skin. This cleanser didn't help to clear any of it, but it was definitely NOT drying or irritating. It lasted me for a long time, and I didn't need too much of it. It's a good cleanser, but one lipstick off since it didn't clear my acne.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I began using this cleanser after getting microdermabrasion because my face was irritated. It doesn't do a great job of removing makeup. I had to wash my face twice before bed to get everything off and even then I questioned if my skin was clean enough. So I started using it in the morning only and it did ok. My face wasn't dry but I needed something a little more effective at cleansing oily skin. Plus the pump ended up breaking so once that happens you are SOL since this is a liquid to foam cleanser. I put I'd buy it again but unless my face was super irritated by something I'd stick with my clean and clear sensitive skin cleanser instead.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Yes, this cleanser was very gentle. In fact, so gentle that it didn't do a very good job of cleaning my face and neck! I do have oily skin but was surprised by the amount of dirt left after washing when I followed up with a toner. This definitely did not work as well for me as it did for others.

I have been using this for a few months with good results. Yes, it's boring and doesn't do anything new-fangled or super cool. It does, however, get my lately-unbelievably-sensitive skin clean without causing any stinging or other type of issue. I feel like I can't ask for much more because almost everything makes my skin uncomfortable. I am bugged by the bottle--I very much like these self-foaming types of cleansers (not sure why, they're just kind of fun)--but the pump is forever getting stuck and doesn't pop back up on it's own. No biggie, tho. UPDATE 9/06: I still use this and have rebought it several times; in the pm I use it after DHC cleansing oil (to take off my s/s and m/u) and in the am I use it by itself.

I always feel like such a jerk when I pan products that everybody else loves, but this just broke me out to hell. I've spent the past few months looking like I have the chicken pox. Back to Purpose...

It's my first time trying an Aveeno product. I've been slathering on too much hydroxy acid and vitamin C tratments lately, and my skin got red, scaly and easily irritated by other cleansers and the dry weather. On my first use of the ultra-calming cleanser, my skin was immediately soothed, no redness whatsoever. I'm really impressed, considering that it's a drugstore product.
I do agree with the other users that this product probably doesn't work well in removing makeup. It didn't even remove my sunscreen. I'll probably use this for the second step of my facial cleansing.

This was a really gentle cleanser, and didn't really do a good job of cleaning my face. This is not good for anyone that wears a lot of makeup, as you need A LOT of the product to get the makeup off. This would be good for someone with really sensitive skin that has had no luck with other products.