December 21, 2014 | 1784 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2005 5:03:00 PM More reviews by dockat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this one but was dissappointed. It is a good basic cleanser, and it was able to get the makeup off. (It didn't remove makeup as well as Cetaphil.) I found it drying to my already dry skin and didn't see tremendous improvement in the the red splotches. I'll finish it but won't repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2005 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Jann7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This dried out my skin terribly especially under the eye area.I didn't find it calming or gentle.It's harsh on the skin.The next morning my skin looked absolutely prunelike-and this was even with using a night cream and serum.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2005 10:33:00 AM More reviews by AMYLAS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I SAW THE REVIEWS HERE FOR THIS CLEANSER AND I DEFINETLY WANTED TO TRY IT BECAUSE I HAVE ROSACEA. I WAS SERIOUSLY DISAPPOINTED BECAUSE IT DID NOT REMOVE MAKE UP AT ALL AND IT DID NOT REDUCE REDNESS IN ANY WAY. EVEN THOUGH IT WAS NOT VERY PRICEY I STILL HATE WASTING MONEY. I THINK IT MAY BE OK IF YOU ARE NOT A COSMETIC WEARER AND YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO CLEANSE OFF OF YOUR FACE. A BETTER PRODUCT EUCERIN ANTI-REDNESS CLEANSER OR EVEN CETAPHIL MOISURIZING BAR. ALSO TRY LINDA SY ZINCO.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2005 9:52:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

This is a basic, gentle foaming cleanser. I tried this because it's getting harder and harder for me to find my staple facewash (Alpha Hydrox) around here. The packaging is nice, but I'm not a big fan of these hard plastic bottles as they make it a little difficult to get at the last dregs of product. Do not like the faint, odd scent either (I really can't describe it, but it's definitely there). The foam is luxuriously soft and cushy and my face feels clean afterwards, but not stripped (I have combination skin). But this is not a good makeup remover. I've been using this both morning and evening and will have to reserve for mornings only from now on. I've been using this for a few weeks now and I noticed the other night that I have a fair amount of clogged pores on/around my nose. This is far too gentle to use as a makeup-remover (despite Aveeno's claims), despite the copious amounts I use in combo. with a gentle scrub. Overall, an okay product but nothing Wow! Might repurchase if I can't find something better, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2005 7:10:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think this is a good morning cleanser, but this is NOT strong enough to remove make-up at the end of the day. (At least for me it isn't.) I found after using this for over a month, that I was getting clogged pores, and I could see small lumps and bumps under my skin when I looked in the mirror. My skin didn't turn red, and I didn't get full-blown acne, I just started having small blackheads and that sort of problem. (Hey, I'm 43 years old!) I switched to a creamier cleanser (Prescriptives & Lauder) at night, and my skin has definitely improved.

Just for the record, I don't apply my make-up with a spackle, nor apply it so thick that I look like a corpse. As a test to see how good this cleanser was at removing thin layers of foundation and/or concealer... I applied some on the back of my hand and rubbed it in. Then I used this Aveeno cleanser, rubbed it in, then rinsed. There was still ALOT of foundation left on the back of my hand! This was all the proof I needed that Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser is just "too calm" to handle a serious job like make-up removal before bedtime; hence, the clogged pores. All things being considered, I will finish using this as a morning cleanser, but I probably won't be buying it again. I don't want to have 10 different cleansers cluttering my pedestal sink. I think Dove foaming cleanser did the job much better, and for less. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2005 6:26:00 PM More reviews by sarah6ee88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best facewash I've ever used. It's extremely gentle and washes off face makeup but i still use my Nuetrogena fresh foaming cleanser to remove mascara just so i get it all off. Nice n foamy n has a calming slightly cool feel on my face after a long day. I find it most effective if you exfoliate with a facial buffer while washing then put a moisturizer on while my face is still wet ( I use cetaphil lotion b/c its the only heavy moisturizer that doesnt make me break out, I think it's actually helped fade some of my scars:o) For the winter and in the summer i use Neutrogena oil free for combo skin. I've been using this facewash for almost three months and my skin never looks this nice in cold weather:o) I'm happy, I deff reccomend it. Oh, and when the pump starts sticking it means its time to buy a new bottle. You dont want to wash your face with diluted products anyways

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2005 9:59:00 PM More reviews by punkadoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this cleanser so far...took off one lippie cause it was a tad drying at first but after a couple of days face not as dry. I will keep u posted....EDITED: This is a very nice non-drying face wash however I felt like I had to use tons to get my sunscreen off. If you use cleansing oil this face wash would be a wonderful follow up cleanser. It caused no breakouts for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2005 5:27:00 PM More reviews by binker123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Thought I'd give this a try because it seemed my post-adolescent skin had finally stopped breaking out (I'm almost 22) but could use a little help when it came to redness here and there. After about a week and a half of use, I started getting acne worse than I have in years.

IN THE TRASH THIS GOES! I was so disappointed as I've heard great things. I did leave my face soft, I suppose, but now, thanks to this and the medication I've had to slap on to get rid of the zits it caused, my face is in worse shape than ever; here's hoping Cetaphil will help. Would NEVER repurchase and I'd warn friends off of it!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2005 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Sassymedusa

I thought this would be a great product for my dry sensitive skin. I tend to get red at the drop of a hat, particularly when the weather changes. Well, this stuff just made my skin drier, particularly flakey patches on my cheeks and around my nose. I went back to my old standby: Dove Beauty Bar for Sensitive Skin (I know, weird to use SOAP on my face, but whatever, it works). My skin is much happier now. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2005 9:33:00 PM More reviews by gringa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THIS IS FOR PEOPLE WITH DRY SKIN. I bought this because of the good reviews. I'm very picky with cleansers because my eyes and skin are sensitive, and my skin is dry and flaky with acne. This cleanser has worked good in taking off my makeup and not leaving my skin dry or red. I will probably use this at night and use my Neutrogena 60 second pore cleansing mask in the morning, because that gets rid of the blackheads.