Clinique Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eye

4.1

Water, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trisiloxane, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. I got it as a GWP at first and it was just sitting there for the longest time but when I finally did get to use it I was so pleasantly surprised!!
It was so easy to remove all residue of my waterproof mascara at the end of the day and when applying my make up, a little dab of this on a q-tip it's easy to fix any eye make up mistake. The best way to use this product is to generously put some on a q-tip, run it across the lid and/or lashes leave it on for one or two seconds and then rub gently across and around the lid and lashes. All my make up gets removed easily this way and I don't need anything but a q-tip!
You get a lot of this product, from the way I use it, and so for the price it lasts me a while before really finishing the bottle. I have repurchased this product already and I plan to continue buying it.

I have been using this makeup remover for a while and I really like it. I have tried a few others and I have always preferred this one more. It allows me to remove my mascara and eyeshadow effortlessly without tugging on sensitive areas. The one thing that I do not like is how oily it makes my face feel when I'm done using it. Wiping it with water does not do the trick for me. I have to apply extra soap to wash off the oily film that is left over. Sometimes in the morning, there are traces of mascara that magically appear after I thought I removed it all. For a GWP this remover is okay, but I don't think I will ever buy it just on its own.

on 2/25/2008 8:45:00 PM

Oily, oily, oily. It makes my eyes feel disgusting, and works just as well as the Mary Kay makeup remover. Also, the bottle has a wide mouthed top that has a habit of spilling. Won't be buying this again.

on 2/23/2008 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

its an ok remover..i love and hate it!i love it because it gets all my eye makeup off..but i hate it because its a bit drying...i think i'll stick with just water and a cleanser!

on 2/11/2008 4:37:00 PM

Ok so this one is a decent eye makeup remover. But- it does the same job as a lot of other cheaper brands. You don't get a lot of it, considering the amount you pay. My bottle is nearly finished and I haven't even had it for 3 weeks yet.
It does just as good/bad job removing mascara and eyeliner as other brands, I still have traces of mascara under my eyes when I wake up in the morning.
It doesn't irritate my eyes though which is a big plus I guess.
Will not buy again, will stick to trusty almond oil for a fraction of the price.

on 2/10/2008 11:14:00 AM

I wanted to like this, love the packaging, but it wound up drying out my eyes, and I had to rub like 3-4x to get my makeup off... Lancomes BiFacil is 10x better and you don't have to use as much...

on 2/8/2008 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I got this as a recent GWP. Its a makeup removal OIL. I have oily skin and, although it did remove most of my MU very well (but not all of my mascara and eyeliner) it left my skin really oily and slimy after. Although it does state on the bottle that you need to rinse your face after - why spend so much money on a product where you have to rinse the skin after??! I would definitely not purchase this again. Ladies, all you need is good old baby wipes - they do a similar job at about a tenth of the price AND you don't need to rinse your skin after!

on 2/3/2008 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I'm very, very cautious about trying any skin care product from Clinique, which is why I was pleasantly surprised by Take The Day Off. I was expecting it to be harsh and not remove much makeup, but it removes my eye, lip, and face makeup easily. I've never had a product that removed my e/s, mascara, and liner in one clean sweep, but TTDO does exactly that, and I love that I don't have to tug to get everything to come off. I even clean my brushes with it.

My only complaint is that it leaves a bit of an oily film behind, which is intended to moisturize your skin after removal. I made the mistake of reapplying e/s after overapplying on one eye right after removing the previous shadow. The e/s kind of blended with the oil, which didn't ruin my look, but made it harder to control, if that makes sense. TTDO is a bit pricey for a remover ($26), but it's very nice.

on 1/29/2008 8:21:00 PM

Overall, this delivers as a no-frills makeup remover. I only wear waterproof mascara and occasionally play with lip stains, so I need something that removes makeup like turpentine but doesn't disturb my oh-so-sensitive skin. Clinique's Take the Day Off works without being harsh.

You'll have to shake this well before using and scrub a little (with a cotton ball of course) to get off stubborn makeup, but it's worth the trouble--most eyeshadows and lipsticks come off easily on me. I have oily, sensitive skin (yes, that combination is possible :P ) and in the 3+ years I've been using this, it's never broken me out or bothered my skin.

This isn't anything special, but it gets the job done.

on 1/29/2008 6:23:00 PM

This stuff is alright. It gets the majority of eye makeup off, but definitely not all. After I use take the day off, thinking I got every, I wash my face only to find mascara smudge under my eye. So I'm not overly impressed with this product. I'll stick with my $1.99 Johnson & Johnson baby oil--it gets ALL of my eye make up off and is non-irritating.