September 30, 2014 | 1976 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2008 8:02:00 AM More reviews by dorisdx

I must be the only one who's crazy here...I don't like this product at all!
stayed one night at my girl friend's, and this was the only thing she had (she never tried it herself though). thank god it was only an GWP!! It hurt our (both of us!) eyes, and didn't remove my eye makeup. I was only wearing (non-shimmery) eye shadow, non waterproof mascara and no eye liner at all..gee I ended up removing my eye makeup with water...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2008 6:17:00 AM More reviews by melmaha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow! At first I was hesitant to try this because I've found some Clinique skincare to be quite harsh and break me out in the past, but this is just fantastic! I received a 50ml trial size in a Christmas gift set and have used it every day since (30 days!), with no dryness or irritation around the eye area. In terms of effectiveness, it's like a miracle! Previous products required me to tug at the eye area, and even then I would be left with black residue, but with this product, only a very small amount is needed and heavy, waterproof makeup can be removed in one swipe. This has become an essential part of my evening routine and is very good value in terms of price ($35 AUD for 125ml - even cheaper on StrawberryNET). I will not hesitate to repurchase a larger bottle when the time comes (Although that will be a while away - I am not even half-way finished this one after 30 days and it's not even full size!).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by shrimpchips

okay, i must be the only one that thinks this stuff sucks! even after completely saturating a cotton pad with this stuff and holding it over my eye for 10-15 seconds to let the product "dissolve" the eye makeup, it does NOTHING. i usually use maybelline's expert eyes eye makeup remover and it does a MUCH better job than this crap. don't waste your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 3:01:00 AM More reviews by SayoonaraSadness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It's great for stubborn waterproof mascara and I use liquid eyeliner everyday so this stuff is awesome for it. It does get a bit greasy feeling but its soo gentle and soft and not much of a horrible smell to it. It is a bit pricey but like someone else mentioned Neutrogena Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover is a great alternative if you don't want to fork up the cash for Clinique.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2008 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Clairity27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this free in a Clinique gift set, and I'm very glad I didn't buy a big bottle of it! It works for taking make up off, but the amount that you need to use to remove all your eye makeup is considerable. Really, the problem is that I just can't get over the greasiness and the slimey feeling it leaves. My first impression was that I wanted remover for this makeup remover. Ultimately, I'd rather use soap and water.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2007 12:05:00 PM More reviews by chanelmontes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really great eye makeup remover! It's extremely gentle yet somehow manages to take off ALL my eye makeup in just one swipe. It does leave the eye area a LITTLE oily, but isn't that better than leaving your eye area dry, red and irritated? Will be buying again.
Update 10/11/08: I will NOT be buying this product again. I noticed after a while that it does give me raccoon eyes. I actually found a drugstore brand that doesn't do that but is also more effective and a lot cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2007 1:24:00 PM More reviews by VeryVain1985

First I was using Lancome's Bi Facil eye make up remover, but after reading the reviews here on MUA about this eye makeup remover I decided to try this one out. I have to say that this removes my eye makeup pretty well, but unfortunately it gave me an allergic reaction. When I woke up the next morning my right eye was a bit swollen and it also itched. I gave this to a friend of mine and she doesn't like this remover either. We both have pretty sensitive skin, so I would not recommend this to the ones who have sensitive skin. I have gone back using Lancome's Bi-Facil.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2007 7:44:00 PM More reviews by kate38

I thought this was fairly good, but like other reviewers, I found it really greasy. It is so expensive as well, and I also found that I always woke up with panda-eyes, no matter how many times I went over my eyes with cotton pads soaked in this stuff... I think L'Oreal's De-Maq Expert Absolute Eye and Lip Make-Up Remover is a much better version of this.... it is way cheaper, isn't as greasy (still is a bit though) and is much more effective at removing make-up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 1:30:00 PM More reviews by ohiopirate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great make-up remover. I have used this a few times and I like how it removes waterproof mascara. I like that if you open your eyes, it does not sting. My only complaint, it does not travel well because the lid leaks if you do not close it tightly every time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2007 8:20:00 PM More reviews by lovelove999

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great product, expensive though. I went back to this after using a cheaper alternative (Neutrogena) and my eyes became irritated. May not have been the eye m/u remover, but thought i'd switch just incase. I really love how this is fragrance free, and allergy tested. For a cheaper alternative I would try Neutrogena's Oil Free eye make up remover which is fragrance free also. I like both, but Clinique's just that little bit better : )