Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

I discontinued using this product when I noticed my face actually breaking out worse than before use. I have combo skin...dry in some areas and very oily in my Tzone and this product felt sticky in the dry areas (could be contributed to humid weather) and had no staying power in the oily areas. I still use a few other Almay products but won't use this again.

on 8/19/2007 12:27:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I really like this foundation, but do not love it. It does not cause any new breakouts- which is hard to find, but I feel that it looks a little cakey. I will continue to use it.

on 8/15/2007 7:41:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Uh, no, sorry. This was a great foundation but then they (Revlon, who owns Almay) went and redid it and changed that shades so now they are all so crazy orange. Even the Ivory and Buff shades, which I used to wear in this, are now crazy orange. Sorry Revlon, you really messed up Almay this time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I have very acne prone skin, and I have yet to find a foundation that doesn't make my skin break out worse. I tried this because it has salicylic acid in it, and that is supposed to help fight acne. I have tried other products that have salicylic acid, and they have all made my skin worse. This was no exception. I wore it for a few days and noticed my skin breaking out more. Not to mention it feel it uncomfortable on your skin and I couldn't wait to wash it off when I got home. And the colors don't match very well.

But as I said, all foundations make my skin break out. So who knows, this product might work for you. I just know it didn't work for me.

on 8/1/2007 8:05:00 AM

I was looking for something to help with my blemish prone skin. At first I thought it was really good because it did help clear up the blemishes on my skin. However, I did find the following problems with using it longer term: (a) it really dries out the skin around blemishes which is great but I then got flakey skin over the blemishes as the dried out which isn't very attractive. (b) it was quite orangey on the skin even when using the most neutral colours (c) it seemed a little too harsh on my skin over a period of time, particularly when I was relatively blemish free. I therefore changed to Almay's skin stays clean foundation instead. I now use the clear complexion foundation as a concealer to help heal bad blemishes (it's very effective at that) while using the clean skin foundation as a base. Anyway, they aren't stocking Almay in the UK anymore for some bizarre reason which is a shame as I think this product would help a lot of people.

on 7/26/2007 6:38:00 PM

the colors of the foundation are horrible. the lightest is was to orange for my skin tone. it makes me look dirty. It also cakes up in smile lines on my face. though it did heal acne for me.

This is my favorite liquid foundation. My skin looks really good with it on. It goes on smoothly and doesn't take much to give me good coverage. It evens out my skin tone really well and covers up my pimply bits. It holds up well enough against my oily skin as well.

on 7/9/2007 6:12:00 PM

I had hoped this would serve the purpose of being a great full coverage foundation that healed blemishes. It is... sort of. The first thing that bothers me is that Almay doesn't make a very extensive color selection, which is guess is typical for drugstore foundations, but even so... there was nothing that really matched me very well. My biggest issue with this, even more than the color, is that it settles into the pores in my T-zone. (Mostly just my nose area) This just looks downright gross! All I've been using this for is for coverage over my acne prone areas (chin/jawline) and it's worked well for that. I apply my powder foundation over it, so the off-color of the liquid foundation isn't noticeable. I suppose I will continue using this, until I find something better, but I'm not going to buy it again. I just wished this had worked.... it's not very cheap at $12 for drugstore products. If you have acne prone skin, I suggest using a mineral makeup foundation, or Maybelline Pure foundation, with acne medication underneath.

on 7/5/2007 3:07:00 PM

I have worn this foundation for 7 years often buying from other lines thinking something else might just be a bit better and though there are some good ones this is still #1 for me. I always come back to it and when I do that's when I get the most compliments on my skin.I use Buff which is a perfect match for my NC15. Always looks fresh and flawless plus it's good for my skin. I've stocked up especially now that it comes with a pump.

on 7/4/2007 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have this in tan and honey it does not match my complexion very well seeing as how i am farely yellow and olive toned so its a bit off obviously. i was looking for something that was sheer but had coverage and this did look great dont get me wrong but i think it broke me out i have been using it a week or so and i have been through every make on the planet i am thinking of trying estee lauder double wear next, who knows lancome doesnt work then again teint idole does not seem to match up to my skin and color ideal breaks me out as well. If this works for you lucky!! because it does look great!

UPDATE::
i started using this again and it doesnt break me out i love it now lol. but it has a CON. it drys my skin out in places and it drives me crazy other than that i say its a go for it.