October 2, 2014 | 1811 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2007 5:38:00 PM More reviews by rachelaeddy

This product actually made me break out. I have overly sensitve skin though. It didn't last long, I found myself having to reapply it after only a couple hours. It also comes off super easily on shirts (which my boyfriend did not appreciate too much). Coloring is good though, gives a dewy effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2007 4:06:00 PM More reviews by momof2or

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for several months now. I use it every day. It does seem to have a healing effect on acne. It looks pretty natural but does make the skin look fairly smooth and even. It lasts for several hours. I apply it in the morning before work with one of that triangular make up sponges. It works great. I use the Buff 140. I've tried several different brands of make up and this one seems to be the best so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2007 4:41:00 PM More reviews by mohmlet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I first bought this during a bad breakout three years ago, and have been using it off and on (in Ivory on my NC15 skin) ever since, whenever I start to have skin issues.

The great: the texture, which glides on, blends well, and doesn't feel heavy. It also lasts all day.

The very good: I don't know that it actually clears my blemishes, but it doesn't leave me with more, and I break out at the drop of a hat.

The could use improvement: typical for a drugstore foundation, the color range is limited, which could make finding a match trouble.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2007 7:05:00 PM More reviews by italianma06

it does what it says-clears up zits as it helps heal them. i also use benzoyl peroxide at night as an all over treatment. in the winter, the combo of both acne mediactions is too drying, but its great in the summer. i would recommend it for anyone with light to moderate acne

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2007 11:57:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG foundation material - this foundation is the best match for my skintone that I've found at the drugstore (Ivory for my Prescriptives R/O level 1 skin). The coverage is great. Gives a dewy, natural finish but I still look natural. Lasts all day. The packaging is nice - fits really well in my makeup bag since I do mine on the go. So far, loving it!

UPDATE - My husband looked at me this morning and asked me if I had my make-up on yet. I said no and he said, oh, that explains why you look so shiny. Not the nicest thing, true, but he's never noticed a foundation NOT being there, if you know what I mean. Usually he notices when the color is off or the coverage is really cakey. I think this speaks to how good this foundation is because I actually just look naturally better with it on. I love this stuff!

UPDATE #2 - I think this is making my chin break-out. I thought it would go away by now, but three weeks later, I still have new breakouts all the time. So I'm going to put this foundation on the shelf for now and try something else - I have to stop these breakouts!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2007 11:08:00 PM More reviews by freshmintskittle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I SO wanted this to work! I am fair with acne-plagued (I've tossed out the "proned" term for the sake of realism) skin, and when I purchased this foundation, I was aware of the fact that salicylic acid had irritated my skin in the past. A few weeks after purchasing, I started noticing the old sal. acid irritation: dry skin with more acne and lots of flakies. I'm not taking off any lippies b/c it's still a good product, esp. for those with no sensitivity to the salicylic acid. The consistency is thick but it blends well, ivory was actually a good match for me (most ivorys aren't) and most shades seem to be yellow-toned and not pink, and it had pretty good medium coverage. It sometimes got a little too thick and the bottle is pretty terrible - can't tell you how many times i ended up with the stuff pouring out all over me and the counter! Still great though - would be better without the acne "medication."

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2007 7:48:00 AM More reviews by ChrisseMarie

I can't believe I hadn't tried this stuff sooner. I purchased this after failing to have any luck with Prescriptives Custom Blend. I've only been using it about a week and I love it. The color (Buff) matches my skin perfectly (a great neutral tone without pink). It's got a medium buildable coverage. There is no spf, which is fine with me because I prefer to use a separate spf that I already know will not break me out. I do still have to blot after a couple of hours. I think it helps having a bit of salicylic acid in it, it doesn't dry my skin out. I would prefer a pump bottle. The price is right as well (Compare $11 to the $65 I had paid for Prescriptives).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2007 12:12:00 AM More reviews by RotaryGirl

After a decade of devotion to liquid foundations with heavy coverage, and sometimes almost chalky consistencies (Lancome Photogenic, Clinique Stay True and more recently the L'Oreal Infallible debacle), this light, almost gel-like foundation has taken some getting used to. The application is almost effortless, no drag, and no fight to get even coverage, but no comforting mask of perfection, either.

In conjunction with Almay's Moisturizer for oily skin, I'm noticing, in about a week's use, that my skin does look better. A couple of stubborn cystics are smaller and less red, definitely healing after weeks of hanging around, and I can compare the smoothness to that of the results of physical exfoliation. I think I'm beginning to prefer chemical exfoliation; the salicylic acid in the foundation and meadowsweet in the moisturizer are making my skin happy again. A small brown patch has faded a little, too. Overall my skin looks more plumped and younger. This is a more-than-fair tradeoff for my preference for the mask-like finish of my usual foundations.

I'm less oily at the end of the day, and actually look almost as good as when I applied, instead of having blotted it all off or powdered myself into a caked mess. This is arguably the best part of all. It also doesn't settle into fine lines or pores at ALL, another big smiley for me!

The only downsides, so far, are that it gives only medium coverage at best, and takes a long time to dry. I've found it's best to wait a few minutes, and fan my face a bit, before powdering so that things don't get cakey. It will look like it's going to stay shiny until it finally dries and goes somewhat matte.

I got this on sale at Walgreen's for $7.49 and the moisturizer was on clearance for less than $4, so the bargain factor is amazing considering I'd walked in intending to buy both based on MUA reviews. I'll be buying them both again at full price when I run out. I feel confident with the ingredients and so far, the results.

Edited to add: On my third or fourth bottle of this and still just as happy. Whenever I feel tempted to try something new, I remember those cystic breakouts from before and that stops me cold. I haven't had one in about a year now, and overall my skin looks and feels happy. I just wish they'd fix the bottle and add a pump dispenser!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2007 1:55:00 PM More reviews by princess_manner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite foundation. I get it in Buff 140, which is perfect for my pale olive complexion. The coverage is nice and long-lasting and it's easy to blend. What's more, is that it nixes zits! Perfect! Price is not so bad at around $11 a bottle. I will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2007 9:53:00 PM More reviews by boomygrrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have had mixed results with this. I was about to give up on it, but lately it's made my face look great. I think the trick is to wait and let it absorb really well before applying powder over it. It has medium coverage but you can add more pretty easily if you need more coverage.
If you do not wait for it to absorb before adding powder, your face can look streaky. Or at least mine did.
Not sure it's really doing anything for my acne, but it isn't hurting it either. When my face is ultra oily, it does get blotchy later in the day, but for some odd reason it hasn't lately. My face is weird. I tend to have mixed results with all my foundations, so take it with a grain of salt.
Oh, also, I stopped wearing blush lately and that seems to help it from not getting streaky. If you can pull it off (not wearing blush), I would recommend doing so.
If I'm going for a natural look, this works. when I want to look really made up or if I need lasting power (day and night), then I use my clinique.

EDIT: I gave up on this and took away a lippie. Why you ask? The streak factor was just too much. Yes, sometimes it looked great on my skin...but more often than I would like, it just didn't. I have such oily skin that it just didn't work out for me. Other people might have better results, that's why I only took away one lippie...because on me, it's 1 to 2 lippies...a compromise, I guess.