November 23, 2014 | 1934 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been re-formulated under the new name: Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II. Please find reviews for this product here:

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by jennbrook

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Meh, I bought this because of all the rave review. I'm not impressed. There are many other great serums out there that don't leave a tacky feel, and that won't break the bank. I can't say it did anything to improve the appearance of my skin, let alone do anything for my wrinkles or fine lines.

I used for several months and I don't see what the hype is all about, good marketing I guess, I mean as women we want to believe anything. But no one product is the answer. I'll stick to my tried and true Retin-A and a good AHA product and sunscreen and use the money I save on Botox and Juvederm

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by layzeex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first started using this around 2 years ago after the lawsuit and Macy's were handing out mini lotions, perfumes, serums, ect. I got the older version of the Advanced Night Repair. When I used it, I instantly fell in love. I always switch up products, so I eventually put this in the back burner, but I tried it again recently after I found out they had changed the formula.

A little about myself: I just turned 19, I have normal - dry skin (during winter months). Skin concerns: I have *very* fair skin, so I get a little pink on my cheeks. No bad acne, but I always have a little blemish or two somewhere on my face. Sometimes I'll develop dry spots on my cheeks. I'm still very young, but I think it's best to start anti-aging products early, and even I experienced noticeable results from this! After trying out the new formula, I fell in love (again). When I woke up, my face was definitely smoother. After a week, my skin looked more even (I had some slight discoloration from blemishes). It's been a few weeks of continued use, and my skin looks *much* better overall. Skin is smooth, even, and a little plump. When I touch my face it doesn't feel extra moisturized, but it is plumped up for sure. I get fewer blemishes, but I wont advertise this as an acne-fighting serum (because it isn't), but it has worked for me on my blemishes. I don't find myself reaching for my foundation anymore and when I do, I only need to use VERY little of it. I feel so much more confident going out with no makeup on lately, all because of this! I find this works best and you'll see results quicker if you put this on RIGHT before bed. I know the instructions tell you to do so, but I got over-excited and even tried using it during the daytime - nothing bad happened, but I didn't really notice anything "extra" from it. Just stick to using it at night like they advise. I think the price is just right - after all, this is one of the MANY products I've used where I've actually seen quick, real, and long lasting results from. A 1oz bottle will last me about a month & a half. I highly recommend this serum - if you can, get a little sample bottle. You owe it to yourself!

Even 'till this day, I still get a little surprised when I wake up and look at the mirror in the mornings (:

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by changja2

Have been using this general line for many years now and love it (used ANR serum, which is discontinued, before they came out with the synchronized recovery complex). This evens out my skin texture so that's it smooth. It does a good job of evening out my skin tone.
    I think from constant use that this is partially why my skin looks fairly good for my age (34) even though I spent too much of my youth in the sun.
    My husband will steal some of this when his skin feels dry and loves it.
    It's not cheap but my 3.4 oz bottle ($120) lasts me about 6 months - even with my husband using 1/2 dropperful at a time (I usually use 3 drops). I usually buy this during Saks' Friends & family sale which is usually in April and October - 10% off skin care/cosmetics.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2010 8:34:00 AM More reviews by KristyEv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry/combination skin and find this product makes my skin feel and look really well moisturisized and brighter. It plumps up fine lines and works much better for me than other products like Retinol, BHA, Clinique's Laser Focus (these are all too drying for my skin and makes my fine lines look worse). I keep coming back to this one and will continue to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by BeeGee35

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

How can i convey to you how this product has changed my skin? i'm a 27 year old wife and mother of 1. Every since giving birth to my daughter almost 3 years ago my skin has drastically changed. i have mild acne (never had that before) and irritated skin. My skin tone was the worst. I had really red cheeks and red around my nose.. I had pink everywhere. i had bought and tried Clinique's clinical corrector. After weeks of using that, nothing had really changed. I decided to try EL's ANR. I have been using it about 2 and a half weeks. it's been a miraculous product for me. FIRST, it did not break out me at all!! (Wahooo) SECOND, it heals any break outs I have in half the time. THIRD, my skin tone has made a MAJOR change. i am seriously talking MAJOR! today i was staring at myself in the mirror and i honestly can't remember a time after puberty that my skin was this even. I almost cried.. happy tears of course. FOURTH, it has provided a lot of moisture for me. in the summer, i'm all oil. once the heat needs turned on in fall/winter, i am painfully dry. before a big ole tub of cetaphil was the only thing to bring me relief. Now ANR does. FIFTH, it has significantly faded old acne marks/scars. This was the reason i bought the Clinique product. I didn't even know ANR was supposed to do that. I know that everyone's skin is different. If you've tried everything else and you are at the end of your rope, try one more thing: Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair. go to your local EL counter and ask for a sample. just don't give up hope until you've tried this. I am sooooooooo grateful I did. I know its expensive but it has replaced a need for a plethora of different products for all sorts of symptons. i simply LOVEEEEEEEEEEE it.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by dahliajessica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using the sample of this product and am starting to freak out because it's almost gone. I LOVE this. Shocked me that I was so taken aback by it. I don't use it at night at all... unlike most night products, it's not super thick and greasy. I personally have very dry skin in the morning. I put this on and it dries very quickly. Not sticky at all just like magic my skin feels hydrated. (Then I usually use a Murad moisturizer and then my makeup.) This stuff absorbs super quick and I must re-iterate it does not feel greasy at all. I'm trying to figure a way to beg, borrow, or steal to get a full bottle of this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by MissEstelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG. I love, love, love it and will keep buying as long as they keep making it. It's the only skin product I don't seem to get bored with or try to stray from.

It managed to make my 24 year old skin look years younger, it hydrates, plumps and heals, it evens out scars and discolorations, it soothes and calms and - as I use it around my eyes - seems to even tone down my dark circles. I didn't realize that the skin around my eyes was already degrading (no lines, just poorer quality skin) before I started using this, and saw my eyes return to the way they looked when I was, like, 14!

I joke that this serum just moves in and removes anything from your skin that you weren't born with - but it's only halfway a joke :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So after reading all the rave reviews on here, I decided to try this serum in hopes for a more clear, even toned complexion.
    I purchased the 1 oz. bottle, and used it religiously every night for the past 2 months. I am sad to say, I have not noticed any improvement in my skin. I still break out just as much as before, and my skin just doesn't look noticeably any better.
    I won't be re-purchasing, obviously. Very sad this did not work out for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 9:26:00 AM More reviews by ankhgrl49

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Been hearing about this product for years, I was always curious. I'm turning 30 in a few months and I realized that it was probably time for a serum. I was using the Olay Regenerist one (which I reviewed) and did like it. Then I finally had the opportunity to try this stuff out, so, I went for it. The first week I was skeptical, but knew I had to give it at least a month, this week is the fourth week and I've decided: this stuff is awesome and (for me) does EXACTLY what it promises. The Regenerist was working as well, but compared to this it was a snail's pace. Since beginning use I have gotten no new blemishes, pimples or white heads (I never really got black heads, but none of those, either), my skintone is more even and brighter and my makeup glides on. LOVE! I have always had at least one pimple coming or going and always, ALWAYS, I had 2 to 3 white heads at minimum, but it's just all gone. The blemishes I did have when I started using this healed quickly and the red marks left are already fading. I'm just very happy, I feel confident and am using less makeup since there is less to cover. How this would work on wrinkles I can't say as I don't really have any yet (thank Jeebus), and hopefully this will help to keep them at bay in addition to my trusty sunscreen. Expensive? Oh my, yes, but worth it? No doubt for me, HG skincare for sure.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Borovichka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best thing that ever happened to my skin!
    I do not have wrinkles or very dark age spots, I am only 26, and however, I have acne scars, which not only give me some discoloration on my chicks but also uneven texture. I use this product at night after my toner and I noticed dramatic difference in texture of my skin as well as color. My acne scars are much lighter and my skin is very soft and more even. It is also helped me with my blackheads that I used to have on my nose. I feel that my skin is more hydrated and smooth than it used to be. I use this product for 2 months now and it worked after the first use. Great product overall, very worth the price.