Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

water, bifida ferment lysate, methylgluceth-20, PEG-75, butylene glycol, bis-PEG-18 methyl ether dimethyl silane, arabidopsis thaliana extract, tripeptide-32, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, lactobacillus ferment, cola acuminata extract, retinyl palmitate, pantethine, caffeine, glycereth-26, sodium RNA, squalane, oleth-3 phosphate, oleth-3, oleth-5, bisabolol, choleth-24, ceteth-24, hydrogenated lecithin, anthemis nobilis, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, xanthan gum, tea-carbomer, trisodium EDTA, BHT, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, benzyl alcohol, green 5, yellow 5, and red.
This product has been re-formulated under the new name: Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II. Please find reviews for this product here:

My Holy Grail! I love how this serum just sinks right into my face. I constantly receive compliments on how gorgeous my skin is, and this serum definitely helps along with my strict skincare routine and my switch to mineral makeup. Look for deals like gift with purchase!

on 12/14/2010 10:54:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is advertised mainly as an anti-aging serum, but I have seen visible results while using it. My skin was looking uneven, some acne scars. Using this serum evened out my complexion, made it look radiant and healthy, and took away my acne scars. That's all I could ask for honestly at this point in my life. And I will continue to use this serum because I believe it really works.

on 12/12/2010 9:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Horrible stuff. Breaks me out in red bumps all over my forehead and cheeks, cystic acne on my chin and even my nose! It feels hydrating upon application but actually dries out my skin (normal/combo oily for reference) and leaves it really flakey. Didn't notice a brightening of my complexion or anything.

on 12/11/2010 6:14:00 AM

I've read all the hallelujah stories on MUA. Although I'm suspicious that the EL marketing team must work overtime (this serum supposedly turns back time 4 (!) years)...uhm, really?

Anyway, my 2 coworkers and I all got a bottle of EL advanced night repair last month (it came with a goodie bag!). One of them (50yrs) hasn't noticed any signs of 'youthfulness' so far and after a good month she doesn't think she will either. The other (27) turned up not wearing any foundation for the first time in years the other day. She said the EL advanced night repair serum had somehow managed to make minor blemishes and zits dissapear, thus making her feel confident enough to hop outside with ' naked skin'.

I personally have used the serum for a month now (AM and PM, in royal amounts). What I like about it is the fact that it literally gets sucked into my skin within seconds. Therefore, 3 to 4 drops for my entire face are not enough. I have to spread this quickly, before it dissapears. It seems a bit oily in the bottle, but in reality there's nothing oily about it. It actually really dries out my skin. So I have to make sure I apply a rich moisturizer on top of it. Because of the bad reviews the advanced night repair eye serum gets, I am reluctant to try my sample. And why should I? The normal serum goes quite well with my eye area as well. It's not irritating to my eyes either.

Now for its 'miracle worker status': it doesn't live up to the hype so far. I think it may work on minor blemishes, as my coworker experienced. And although I've eaten plenty of junk food and was seriously lacking sleep last month (mostly the recipe for impurities) I haven't experienced any major break outs so far. This is nice!
BUT, I haven't experienced great results and I also analyzed some wrinkles beforehand to be able to tell if they'd become less noticeable and...nothing happened. Not the slightest improvement. My skin doesn't look any younger, softer or happier at all.

I cannot comment on any long time effects, and who can? After all you may be using this product for 20 years and praise it, while in fact you had pretty good genes to begin with. Since it's so expensive it's a lot easier to just imagine it works as well. Anyway, EL advanced night repair gives me the feeling that at least I'm making an effort. But I wouldn't repurchase because there simply are better products out there.

on 11/28/2010 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Holy smokes...I'm suprised at how much I like this stuff. Since giving birth just under 7 months ago, my skin started getting worse and worse, until I had mild acne all along my cheekbones and on my chin. I never had any acne in my life before giving birth, so was really desperate and at a loss for what to do. I'd read some reviews on the Advanced Night Repair serum and decided to give it a go as some people said it'd helped clear their blemishes.

I am 22 years old, and for those that say "don't waste your money buying this unless you're over 30"...I know you mean well, but this stuff has done wonders for me. I do not have any wrinkles or fine lines, but I do have visable pores on my nose, blemishes, dull skin. This Advanced Serum has virtually gotten rid of my pores, blemishes, and made my skin look so much healthier and glowy. After washing my face, using toner and rose water, I apply about 4 drops for my face/neck and pat onto my skin. I don't apply moisturiser afterwards because I don't need it - this gives me enough moisture and hydration and doesn't turn me into a greasy hot mess like my previous moisturiser did.

The texture is very lightweight, I cannot even detect it on my face. As for the smell, I honestly hardly smell a thing, so it's not an issue. I love using this under makeup as it makes my foundation look 10 times better and prevents any caking or flakes.

It's very expensive (I paid 42 on sale...) but it does last a long time and the results are so worth it. My acne scars have nearly diminished, my skin rarely breaks out unless I'm stressed or hormonal, my skin looks good without makeup for once and my skin never gets dry nor oily anymore.

on 11/10/2010 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Meh, I bought this because of all the rave review. I'm not impressed. There are many other great serums out there that don't leave a tacky feel, and that won't break the bank. I can't say it did anything to improve the appearance of my skin, let alone do anything for my wrinkles or fine lines.

I used for several months and I don't see what the hype is all about, good marketing I guess, I mean as women we want to believe anything. But no one product is the answer. I'll stick to my tried and true Retin-A and a good AHA product and sunscreen and use the money I save on Botox and Juvederm

on 11/8/2010 5:02:00 PM

I first started using this around 2 years ago after the lawsuit and Macy's were handing out mini lotions, perfumes, serums, ect. I got the older version of the Advanced Night Repair. When I used it, I instantly fell in love. I always switch up products, so I eventually put this in the back burner, but I tried it again recently after I found out they had changed the formula.

A little about myself: I just turned 19, I have normal - dry skin (during winter months). Skin concerns: I have *very* fair skin, so I get a little pink on my cheeks. No bad acne, but I always have a little blemish or two somewhere on my face. Sometimes I'll develop dry spots on my cheeks. I'm still very young, but I think it's best to start anti-aging products early, and even I experienced noticeable results from this! After trying out the new formula, I fell in love (again). When I woke up, my face was definitely smoother. After a week, my skin looked more even (I had some slight discoloration from blemishes). It's been a few weeks of continued use, and my skin looks *much* better overall. Skin is smooth, even, and a little plump. When I touch my face it doesn't feel extra moisturized, but it is plumped up for sure. I get fewer blemishes, but I wont advertise this as an acne-fighting serum (because it isn't), but it has worked for me on my blemishes. I don't find myself reaching for my foundation anymore and when I do, I only need to use VERY little of it. I feel so much more confident going out with no makeup on lately, all because of this! I find this works best and you'll see results quicker if you put this on RIGHT before bed. I know the instructions tell you to do so, but I got over-excited and even tried using it during the daytime - nothing bad happened, but I didn't really notice anything "extra" from it. Just stick to using it at night like they advise. I think the price is just right - after all, this is one of the MANY products I've used where I've actually seen quick, real, and long lasting results from. A 1oz bottle will last me about a month & a half. I highly recommend this serum - if you can, get a little sample bottle. You owe it to yourself!

Even 'till this day, I still get a little surprised when I wake up and look at the mirror in the mornings (:

on 11/5/2010 11:41:00 PM

Have been using this general line for many years now and love it (used ANR serum, which is discontinued, before they came out with the synchronized recovery complex). This evens out my skin texture so that's it smooth. It does a good job of evening out my skin tone.
I think from constant use that this is partially why my skin looks fairly good for my age (34) even though I spent too much of my youth in the sun.
My husband will steal some of this when his skin feels dry and loves it.
It's not cheap but my 3.4 oz bottle ($120) lasts me about 6 months - even with my husband using 1/2 dropperful at a time (I usually use 3 drops). I usually buy this during Saks' Friends & family sale which is usually in April and October - 10% off skin care/cosmetics.

on 10/31/2010 8:34:00 AM

I have dry/combination skin and find this product makes my skin feel and look really well moisturisized and brighter. It plumps up fine lines and works much better for me than other products like Retinol, BHA, Clinique's Laser Focus (these are all too drying for my skin and makes my fine lines look worse). I keep coming back to this one and will continue to buy it.

on 10/28/2010 11:11:00 PM

How can i convey to you how this product has changed my skin? i'm a 27 year old wife and mother of 1. Every since giving birth to my daughter almost 3 years ago my skin has drastically changed. i have mild acne (never had that before) and irritated skin. My skin tone was the worst. I had really red cheeks and red around my nose.. I had pink everywhere. i had bought and tried Clinique's clinical corrector. After weeks of using that, nothing had really changed. I decided to try EL's ANR. I have been using it about 2 and a half weeks. it's been a miraculous product for me. FIRST, it did not break out me at all!! (Wahooo) SECOND, it heals any break outs I have in half the time. THIRD, my skin tone has made a MAJOR change. i am seriously talking MAJOR! today i was staring at myself in the mirror and i honestly can't remember a time after puberty that my skin was this even. I almost cried.. happy tears of course. FOURTH, it has provided a lot of moisture for me. in the summer, i'm all oil. once the heat needs turned on in fall/winter, i am painfully dry. before a big ole tub of cetaphil was the only thing to bring me relief. Now ANR does. FIFTH, it has significantly faded old acne marks/scars. This was the reason i bought the Clinique product. I didn't even know ANR was supposed to do that. I know that everyone's skin is different. If you've tried everything else and you are at the end of your rope, try one more thing: Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair. go to your local EL counter and ask for a sample. just don't give up hope until you've tried this. I am sooooooooo grateful I did. I know its expensive but it has replaced a need for a plethora of different products for all sorts of symptons. i simply LOVEEEEEEEEEEE it.

Popular Treatments (Face)