Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Kaolin, Bentonite, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Titanium Dioxide, Trideceth 9, PEG 5 Ethylhexanoate, Menthol, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 3/17/2006 6:08:00 PM

i really like this product because it is a general facial cleanser, that if you put on thicker and leave on your face, it works as a mask as well. it has a nice clean scent and works very well as a facial cleanser. a little bit goes a long way, so it lasts long. it is thick, but when mixed with water, becomes sudsy and light. i really like it, it is refreshing. the only problems i have with it are 1. that i like pump dispensers, but that isn't a big problem, and 2. as a mask, it gives me a slight rash. i leave it on for the recommended time, and when i wash it off, you can literally see exactly where it was on my face cause it is shiny and red. the red lasts for a half hour or so, and then goes away, but i would rather just use this as a cleanser!

on 3/15/2006 8:39:00 PM

I've been using this for months now, more as a treatment/cleanser than a stand alone cleasner... I use baby wash (yes, good old Johnson & Johnson "No More Tears" baby wash) to remove my makeup, then lather up with this and leave it on as I brush my teeth to disolve any left over makeup and kill all the nasty bacteria that may be left lurking within my more cavernous pores. I think it does a great job of delivering BP without being too drying, it leaves my skin soft without being flakey, but it does have that nasty menthol/eucyliptus tingle that is supposed to signify that it is working its magic... sigh... when will the industry realize that we don't need heat, tingles, bubbles, color changes, or explosions of light to know that a product works? Don't they realize that we analyse our skin with 10x mirrors 3 times daily to see if they live up to their claims? This one comes close, at least. But beware: It'll bleach the heck out of your nice washcloths, and your eyebrows too...

on 3/5/2006 8:23:00 AM

I decided to buy this cleanser and try it after reading the reviews on this board. I was skeptical at first but now I LOVE it! it works well in conjunction to my Jan Marini Bioclear cream. My skin is clearer and almost break out free, it takes off all of my makeup throughly and I love the smell. I also love the fact that it's so affordable! I hope this will continue to work well for me!

on 3/4/2006 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this mask ... its the 2 way thing, you can use it as a mask or as a cleanser ... but i only use it as a mask ... and its lovely, it leave my skin so clean ... i feel my skin so clean and fresh after i use it. Definitely worth it.

on 2/28/2006 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I waited a while to review this product, but it has passed the test for my acne prone skin! Yay! I've been experimenting with different cleansers these past few months since my fave cleanser is 1) always sold out and 2) EXPEN$IVE. For the past few years, I've shied away from drugstore products for my face because I figured the more money I spent the better the product. Well, I'm happy to say that myth is not true. Since starting a budget, I've been researching cleansers to see which is good quality but doesn't hurt my wallet. After reading many positive reviews here on MUA, I decided to take a chance on this. Much to my surprise, I like the product and my skin did not react to it. No rebellious acne, only smooth, clear looking skin, Bonus! I'm hooked, goodbye $30 cleansers and good riddance!!! 8-)

on 2/10/2006 11:11:00 PM

EDIT: I've stopped using this. BP and I just don't get along. Although it was getting rid of my pimples in the beginning, I started getting ugly dark marks and underground zits. I should have learned from Proactiv that BP and I just don't gel.

This stuff lasts for a pretty long time... but considering that it's an acne facial treatment, I don't know how long you should usually keep the stuff around before the medication loses its full effect. I love this stuff, though. I leave it on as a mask on the areas of my face where I know it'd lead to pimples or zits the next day (time of the month) This truly prevents any breakouts. I leave it on for about 2-3 minutes until it gets really tingly and then wash it off with a face cloth. Great at recovering my clear face too if I ever forget to go through my breakout-prevention routine. Would definitely repurchase again... if I ever run out or if it loses its effects :)

I actually don't use this as a wash, I found that at night before bed, I dab this on my zits and leave on over night, come the morning-- they're GONE. Seriously, it really does wonders-try it!

on 12/24/2005 2:15:00 PM

As a cleanser this doesn't remove makeup, even non-waterproof stuff but as a mask it's great, tingly and very refreshing; AND I barely break ut anymore. Would probably repurchase as a mask but use something else as a cleanser.

on 11/18/2005 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm 36 years old with combination skin that is acne prone. It's rare that I don't have some little breakout at least once a week. I picked this up a month ago, and have fallen in love with it. I use it once a day, and it doesn't dry my skin out at all (topical BP tends to give me the dry "flakies").

The texure is very nice. It's a bit thicker, so there's no dripping half of it down the drain when you try to apply it to your face. It feels nice going on, very creamy with a slight tingle. I leave it on about 45 seconds to 1 minute and then use a washcloth to lightly rub off and then rinse several times to make sure it's all removed. (The creaminess makes it a bit difficult for me to remove with just splashing water on my face).

This stuff recently saved my face when I tried Alpha Hydrox 12% Souffle'. The AH broke my face out something fierce. I used the Clear Pore as a mask the night I started breaking out and then as my regular cleanser the next 2 days, and my face cleared back up in about 2 days.

Clear Pore Mask/Cleanser is easy to find and dirt cheap, and it works. I will purchase this on a regular basis.