December 18, 2014 | 1402 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Kiehl's - Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2004 2:16:00 AM More reviews by maekay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay, so after my foray into the super-expensive eye treatment world, ala Lancome Primordiale---which left my eye area NOT moisturized and my fine lines UN-treated---I was totally bummed out! $50 down the drain! Ah, live and learn---and buy Kiehl's! ;) Try $23 for the same amount of product as my last eye cream purchase, only IT MOISTURIZES and REDUCES the appearance of my fine lines right away. Ta-dah! I've been rescued! Love this stuff, doesn't get into my eyes and make them water, REALLY, REALLY hydrates, can't say it's truly anti-aging because that's not in the product description but it has managed to hush up all those fine lines Primordiale was apparently just SITTING on. It has the most interesting texture---goes from thick, almost Elmer's glue-ish---to thin, thin watery. But it stays where you put it (as advertised) and absolutely does its job! I'm one of those girls where, soon as I hit 18 (am 24 now) the skin around my eye area suddenly went dry and flakey---we're talking Sahara dry! So I've run the gamut of the drug store eye creams---and after my high priced Lancome purchase---I have to say this eye cream is just expensive enough to represent its quality and yet exceeds its monetary value with an effectiveness that outshines the department store brands, IMHO. A+!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2004 10:11:00 AM More reviews by aspcat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this eye cream. I have purchased sooo many eye creams from the very expensive to the drug store brands - and this beats them all hands down! At first I thought it might be a little too thick, but I got used to the consistency and now I love it. This eye cream really hydrates my eye area, softens my fine lines, and plumps the skin around my eyes. It never looks greasy and my makeup glides on over top of it. No AHA or Retinol to dry out the eye area. Rave from me.

If you are on the hunt for a fabulous eye cream, I recommend that you give this a try. Kiehl's is really good about giving samples - so you have nothing to lose.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2004 12:45:00 AM More reviews by pook555

Grrr! Okay, I have to say that at first I really, really loved this eye cream and thought that I'd possibly come upon a HG! It cleared up all of the horrible dryness that I'd gotten during the CA ultra-dry winter that I'd experienced for the first time. Forget the texture, which is a little weird, but hey, if it moisturizes, who cares? It worked really well until-- yes, until, after using it for a while I broke out around my eye area -- an area where I NEVER break out. The thing is that this is the ONLY eye cream that I can use to clear up the dry patches around my eyes. Oh, well, I'll continue to search for something that moisturizes AND does not make me break out, but until then I'll deal with the occasional bumps...
UPDATE: Since I've been using this for almost a year, I've had no recurrance of the breakouts and it's worked perfectly. I'll have to see how it behaves in winter, but so far, so good and it's my HG! Wish it came in a tube, but the pot is okay.
UPDATE #2: Yep, it still works great to combat dryness (the only thing I have found to do this). I use this now as a HG but wish I could give it 4.5 stars because of the packaging (I wish it were a tube). The only thing is, I usually don't wear this under makeup unless my eyelids are superdry because of the oily factor under shadow and creasing. Other than that, perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2004 8:35:00 AM More reviews by brigette76

I really love this eye cream! After reading the rave reviews about it on MUA, I decided it try it and all I can say is thank you to everyone who has given this product a good review!! I'd previously been using Clarins eye contour balm which did absolutely nothing for skin hydration and fine lines. I've only been using this product for about week but I've already fallen in love with it! The consistency is a little weird at first - it kind of "sticks" to your skin but after it warms up it spreads well over the skin. It absorbs quite quickly so doesn't leave a greasy residue -so it's great for day and night time use. The area around my eyes already looks more hydrated - the fine lines are also starting to soften. Hopefully, with continued use the results will keep getting better! (PS- It doesn't migrate into my eyes and I don't wake up in the morning looking like a freak with puffy eyes after I use it at night which is an extra bonus!)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2004 5:25:00 AM More reviews by sunwater83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great basic eye cream. It's a little weird the first couple of times you use it because it emulsifies into something a little weird feeling. I emulsify it a little between my fingers and then I press it into my eye area.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2004 12:42:00 PM More reviews by yoganurse

This is great eye stuff!! It moisturizes amazingly well and yet leaves a fairly matte finish; no grease slick at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2004 4:51:00 PM More reviews by stimpycat

First of all, this stuff is thick -think Elmer's glue thick. But it is the best thing I've ever used around my eyes. I have dark circles under my eyes, which were also irritated and dry. Nothing, no matter how emollient, seemed to give them enough moisture. I haven't had any problem using concealer over this or it looking greasy. Now I only need to use this at night and my eyes are soooo much better.
Update----I've switched to Kiehls Light Nourishing Eye Cream, which is exactly like the Creamy Eye Treatment but slightly lighter. Not greasy, absorbs quickly, and is as effective as the one with avacado.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2004 8:16:00 AM More reviews by leenybeeny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this eye cream.. it took a little getting used to because it changes consitency when you apply it to your skin. But it is very moisturizing without being greasy at all. My really dry eyelids have never felt better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2004 8:14:00 AM More reviews by leenybeeny

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2004 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Stardom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This cream was too thick for me.It did good job but I perfer to find something light** more than this one.