Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

3.7

Water, Shea Butter, Butylene Glycol, Tridecyl Stearate, Isodecyl Salicylate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Avocado Oil, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium PCA, Ozokerite, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Isopropyl Palmitate, Copper PCA, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Zea Mays/Corn Oil, CI75130/Beta-Carotene.

on 7/19/2004 1:40:00 PM

Maybe it's me but this was the worst eye cream I've ever used. Especially if you skin is moist from getting out of the shower. It's doesn't absorb at all. It stays there like you are moving a marble around your skin. I've never used anything like it! Don't waste your money!!!

I'm a repeat customer for this product. Anyone reading this, a little advice on how use (and love) this product: use a tiny spatula and place small amount onto the tip of your ringfinger. Rub the tip of your ringfinger and thumb together to warm. Then, pat the tip of your ringfinger gently under your eyes You'll see how the thin layer really soaks in and does wonders. Don't put a glob under your eyes and try to schmear it! It'll be thick and difficult to distribute and will take a long time to soak in. I adore the way this stuff softens my undereye area which gets really dry. When used properly, the product soaks right in and creates a nice dewy area. continued >>

on 6/29/2004 1:04:00 PM

I love how this eyecream is super moisturizing, long lasting and never gets in your eyes. The texture is interesting, kind of thick yet watery at the same time and takes a little more work to blend in evenly but I think that's what makes it so effective. I stare at a computer all day and lately I've noticed these tiny fine lines appearing under my eyes which I think is more from eye strain than anything else. This has really helped to prevent my eye area from becoming dry and letting those lines set in. It is a yellowish/greenish color in the container but colorless when absorb by your skin.

on 6/22/2004 9:37:00 AM

I adore this no-frills cream, one of only two products I actually like from Kiehl's. (The other is the re-formulated baby lip balm.) Having tried samples of other high-end lines that have caused irritation or dried up my eye area, this is it. I warm up the tiniest amount and pat it under my eyes. I only wear it when I need it, so no millia. It's also the best nighttime lip balm--leaves lips soft and silky.

I wish this came in a tube.

on 6/21/2004 8:36:00 PM

I donít know what all the fuss is about with this eye cream. It certainly didnít impress me. The SA warned me not to use too much because itís so thick that it can cause puffy eyes. One of the reasons I use eye cream is to prevent puffy eyes so I don'í want a cream that can cause it. I felt I needed quite a bit of product as itís so thick and itís hard to spread around the eye area. Itís also greasy and doesnít seem to absorb so itís no good under makeup. Definitely a product you should try before you buy. Iíll be sticking to the Nivea Q10 or the Clinique All About Eyes in future.

on 6/10/2004 6:57:00 AM

After reading all the good reviews and being a fan of Kiehl's products, I tried to love this product, but sorry. The cream is thick, and it doesn't absorbs into the skin easily. I thought I was going something wrong. The cream just sits thick on my eyelid. Maybe I am still trying to get used to it...after almost a month???

on 6/4/2004 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Yay, I found my holy grail eye cream! I really love Kiehls products...I think that there are certain lines that just "work" for some people, and this one is mine. I love this eye cream, even though it does feel kind of strange going on. It doesn't spread like a typical moisturizer, it morphs into a thin, almost sticky film that can be hard to blend (so apply it quickly). However, once it's absorbed, the skin around my eyes feels absolutely amazing. For an eye cream, I think this one is priced pretty reasonably...it was around $25. Considering the Estee Lauder ones that aren't that great and are $45-60, this one is way worth it. Also try some other Kiehls faves: Ultra Facial Moisturizer, Body Lotion ("French Rose" scent is fabulous), Creme de Corps (to-die-for perfect body cream). Hint: buy from department stores (Barneys, Neiman Marcus) or Kiehls stores and not small boutiques that carry Kiehls...the boutiques are more expensive!

on 5/29/2004 12:52:00 AM

there were mixed reviews for this product but since it was the first one with the most reasonable price among the top products i decided to give it a try. i hate to buy products worth more than a good meal so dropping 30 bucks for this eye cream was a bit hard to get over. i have terrible dark circles and puffiness, even after a good night's sleep. ever since they appeared and i became conscientous about them i've been on a crusade to find the closest thing to a miracle in a jar. this has been the closest. although i am uncertain whether to account the sudden lightening of my undereye area to the tanning of my forehead and cheeks from the california sun (thus leading to the lightened appearance of the area) or to the cream. for now i'd like to remain hopeful that this is actually affecting it and continue using it.

on 5/28/2004 8:46:00 AM

After trying the eye cream from Bliss Labs, my facialist recommended I use the Kiehl's avocado eye treatment. At first, I thought she was crazy. I hated the consistency. After sitting in my medicine cabinet for a few weeks, I decided to give it another shot.

On the up side, a little bit of this goes a long way, so hopefully the little jar will last a long time. I have mixed feelings about the way the cream melts into a watery film. This "film" does seem to moisturize my eye area and help reduce puffiness. Don't expect miracles with fine lines as this has not helped my fine lines at all. And I think it is quite clear that is not what this product is for.

The real selling point for me was it helped the dark circles underneath my eyes. I am a caffeine addict, so I need all the help I can get since that only worsens my dark circles.

The formula does take a little getting used to, but give it the benefit of the doubt and keep trying - I think you'll like it. The price seems a little high, so I deducted one lippie, but otherwise I think this is a good product.

on 5/24/2004 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I saw the reviews for the eye treatment and decided to try it out. I've been using Shiseido's Bio-Performance Super-Eye Contour cream for two years and figured that it would be a good idea to try out something different. I can't say I'm too impressed with this stuff. I like that it's easy to apply makeup on over it, but I'm not keen on the consistency of it once it applies and I'm not convinced that the job it does is better than the Bio-Performance. I'm fairly certain that it doesn't in fact. But it was worthwhile to test and see if it worked for me.