Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

3.7

Water, Shea Butter, Butylene Glycol, Tridecyl Stearate, Isodecyl Salicylate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Avocado Oil, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium PCA, Ozokerite, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Isopropyl Palmitate, Copper PCA, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Zea Mays/Corn Oil, CI75130/Beta-Carotene.

I bought this based on the reviews here, and while i'm not totally disapointed, i'm not impressed either. the consistency is very difficult to get used to, but the tips from the other reviewers really helped. you definitely need to warm this up on your fingers before applying to the eye area, and pat it onto the skin, don't rub or smear it on. it hasn't helpedmy dark circles at all (i dont' think anything ever will), but it is very moisturising, and my concealer slides on very nicely on top of it. so it's alright, but not amazing.

on 8/24/2004 6:30:00 PM

Eye cream isn't a product that enthralls me, though I've been in the habit of using it since my 20s. I've tried everything from L'Oreal to EL, though nothing more high-end than the latter. I'm now over 40; this is THE only eye cream I've bought multiple times. It's not full of techno ingredients, it has a heavy, buttery texture and it sits there for awhile before sinking in. Not everyone will consider those attributes positive. But I believe it has played a key role in keeping my eye area wrinkle-free the past several years. Which is not to discount 20 years of cumulative eye cream (and sunscreen!) use, a habit that has kept away all but the faintest small smile lines away from my under-eye area. I don't use a lot of Kiehl's products, but this avocado concoction is truly a favorite "can't be without" item.

(As an aside, for you Fresh Young Thangs who wonder if using sunscreen and eye cream in your 20s really pays off later, I can assure you: It does!)

on 8/12/2004 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like using this product but I don't really see great results. Not much more than a very creamy moisturiser.

on 7/28/2004 10:15:00 AM

Love this eye cream (but I'm only 24 so when I'm 34 who knows what I'll want from an eye cream) but it leaves my eye area very moisturized and is nice and thick without finding its way into my eyeball at all. Hint, apply when your skin is practically dry, its impossible to smooth on over damp skin.

on 7/19/2004 1:40:00 PM

Maybe it's me but this was the worst eye cream I've ever used. Especially if you skin is moist from getting out of the shower. It's doesn't absorb at all. It stays there like you are moving a marble around your skin. I've never used anything like it! Don't waste your money!!!

I'm a repeat customer for this product. Anyone reading this, a little advice on how use (and love) this product: use a tiny spatula and place small amount onto the tip of your ringfinger. Rub the tip of your ringfinger and thumb together to warm. Then, pat the tip of your ringfinger gently under your eyes You'll see how the thin layer really soaks in and does wonders. Don't put a glob under your eyes and try to schmear it! It'll be thick and difficult to distribute and will take a long time to soak in. I adore the way this stuff softens my undereye area which gets really dry. When used properly, the product soaks right in and creates a nice dewy area. continued >>

on 6/29/2004 1:04:00 PM

I love how this eyecream is super moisturizing, long lasting and never gets in your eyes. The texture is interesting, kind of thick yet watery at the same time and takes a little more work to blend in evenly but I think that's what makes it so effective. I stare at a computer all day and lately I've noticed these tiny fine lines appearing under my eyes which I think is more from eye strain than anything else. This has really helped to prevent my eye area from becoming dry and letting those lines set in. It is a yellowish/greenish color in the container but colorless when absorb by your skin.

on 6/22/2004 9:37:00 AM

I adore this no-frills cream, one of only two products I actually like from Kiehl's. (The other is the re-formulated baby lip balm.) Having tried samples of other high-end lines that have caused irritation or dried up my eye area, this is it. I warm up the tiniest amount and pat it under my eyes. I only wear it when I need it, so no millia. It's also the best nighttime lip balm--leaves lips soft and silky.

I wish this came in a tube.

on 6/21/2004 8:36:00 PM

I donít know what all the fuss is about with this eye cream. It certainly didnít impress me. The SA warned me not to use too much because itís so thick that it can cause puffy eyes. One of the reasons I use eye cream is to prevent puffy eyes so I don'í want a cream that can cause it. I felt I needed quite a bit of product as itís so thick and itís hard to spread around the eye area. Itís also greasy and doesnít seem to absorb so itís no good under makeup. Definitely a product you should try before you buy. Iíll be sticking to the Nivea Q10 or the Clinique All About Eyes in future.

on 6/10/2004 6:57:00 AM

After reading all the good reviews and being a fan of Kiehl's products, I tried to love this product, but sorry. The cream is thick, and it doesn't absorbs into the skin easily. I thought I was going something wrong. The cream just sits thick on my eyelid. Maybe I am still trying to get used to it...after almost a month???