Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

3.7

Water, Shea Butter, Butylene Glycol, Tridecyl Stearate, Isodecyl Salicylate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Avocado Oil, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium PCA, Ozokerite, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Isopropyl Palmitate, Copper PCA, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Zea Mays/Corn Oil, CI75130/Beta-Carotene.

on 5/29/2004 12:52:00 AM

there were mixed reviews for this product but since it was the first one with the most reasonable price among the top products i decided to give it a try. i hate to buy products worth more than a good meal so dropping 30 bucks for this eye cream was a bit hard to get over. i have terrible dark circles and puffiness, even after a good night's sleep. ever since they appeared and i became conscientous about them i've been on a crusade to find the closest thing to a miracle in a jar. this has been the closest. although i am uncertain whether to account the sudden lightening of my undereye area to the tanning of my forehead and cheeks from the california sun (thus leading to the lightened appearance of the area) or to the cream. for now i'd like to remain hopeful that this is actually affecting it and continue using it.

on 5/28/2004 8:46:00 AM

After trying the eye cream from Bliss Labs, my facialist recommended I use the Kiehl's avocado eye treatment. At first, I thought she was crazy. I hated the consistency. After sitting in my medicine cabinet for a few weeks, I decided to give it another shot.

On the up side, a little bit of this goes a long way, so hopefully the little jar will last a long time. I have mixed feelings about the way the cream melts into a watery film. This "film" does seem to moisturize my eye area and help reduce puffiness. Don't expect miracles with fine lines as this has not helped my fine lines at all. And I think it is quite clear that is not what this product is for.

The real selling point for me was it helped the dark circles underneath my eyes. I am a caffeine addict, so I need all the help I can get since that only worsens my dark circles.

The formula does take a little getting used to, but give it the benefit of the doubt and keep trying - I think you'll like it. The price seems a little high, so I deducted one lippie, but otherwise I think this is a good product.

on 5/24/2004 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I saw the reviews for the eye treatment and decided to try it out. I've been using Shiseido's Bio-Performance Super-Eye Contour cream for two years and figured that it would be a good idea to try out something different. I can't say I'm too impressed with this stuff. I like that it's easy to apply makeup on over it, but I'm not keen on the consistency of it once it applies and I'm not convinced that the job it does is better than the Bio-Performance. I'm fairly certain that it doesn't in fact. But it was worthwhile to test and see if it worked for me.

on 5/20/2004 12:47:00 PM

I am really loving it! One trick is to apply it when your skin is dry otherwise the product will glide...in brief, I just bought my 4th jar.

on 5/14/2004 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Very rich eye cream. Does not travel into and sting my eyes, and a little goes a LONG way. Nice product.

on 5/14/2004 5:01:00 PM

Liked this at first...interesting consistency, not your typical moisturizer, felt more like a nurturing, non-migrating treatment (which was nice) than a cream. BUT I had the same problem as a reviewer below, I started breaking out! I gradually got a few small breakouts in my eye areas, and I NEVER get those! This is the second Kiehl's face product to break me out (the lip balm gave me whiteheads around my mouth). I do not have sensitive skin and I only break out occasionally in my T-zone. I'm a little more wary of Kiehl's face products now (the body stuff remains ok).

on 5/12/2004 3:43:00 PM

This is a great eye cream, but I have found that it is not good for day use under makeup (though others on this site seem to use it that way). It moisturizes well, but is a little too creamy to use if you're wearing undereye concealer. It can also smudge mascara. But if you're not wearing eye makeup, it is great. Also great at bedtime.

Love it, love it. This stuff is nice. At first I did not like it, but now I love the consistency of this. It is quite thick and creamy at first but as soon as you start to pat it under your eyes it turns "liquidy". It does not migrate into the eyes and it absorbs nicely. After I apply my moisturizer and eye cream I dress to let it soak in good, so it taking a few extra minutes to soak in is not a problem for me. Will repurchase

on 5/2/2004 6:58:00 PM

This eye cream has really surprised me. As others have noted, it's an odd consistency and tends to sit on my skin for a bit. It doesn't really feel as moisturizing as my Shiseido Benefiance cream (still my HG for night use.) And yet - in the 6 weeks I've been wearing this, I can't help but notice my eyes look fresher. I've been wearing this as a day cream and somehow it manages to be dry enough so that my eye makeup doesn't smear or slide, yet moisturize my eye area and keep it fresh well into the day. In my considerable eye cream experience, this is a rarity. And for $23, you can't beat the price. Anyone on the miracle-cream hunt has GOT to try this out. If it gives refreshed unlined eyes to a perpetually tired 36 y.o. insomniac, it just might work for you.

on 4/19/2004 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just recently started becoming interested in eye creams, only because i thought it would really make my concealer go on a whole lot smoother. I guess i lucked out when i bought this :) :) This creme is nice and thick, and you really only need a teensy teensy tiny bit dabbed under your eyes, and spreads so easily with your finger tips! If you have time before you put on your make up, reeeeally let it absorb into your skin. Your foundation and concealer will just go on heavenly (my skin is somewhat dry at times, and i HATE WHEN it flakes around the eye area when putting on making up there!). I have no other experience with eye creams, so until i do, this gets a great review from me :) I definate repurchase, but i'm always on the lookout for new items :)