September 2, 2014 | 1802 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2006 2:21:00 PM More reviews by shinran

It's just water in a can. Tap water with few drops of glycerin did better job than this for my dry, ultra-sensitive skin. I personally suspect placebo effects.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2006 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Ashley88

great as far as water goes ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2006 11:29:00 PM More reviews by bonnie_71979

I bought this from my aesthetician after she used it on me during a facial. I never would have bought this without her insistence because I thought it would have been pointless to spray water on my face. I have some redness on my face from old acne scars as well as from when I exfoliate. Spraying a little bit on my face after bathing really soothes my face and lends some glow and non-oily shine. This also works well on rashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2006 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Zeljana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is just great. I use it in the morning, before make up, after putting on make up to give my skin a more natural look and after removing make up. Thermal water is a way to go to refresh myself in the summer and to soothe my sensitive skin in cold weather. I always wear a 50ml spray in my handbag.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2006 6:07:00 PM More reviews by mmmmary

For several years I was using the Mir Cleansing Gel, which I loved, but I developed more and more redness in the area around my nose. I thought it was my perioral dermatitis getting worse, but for the last six weeks or so, I have been "washing" my face with this alone (not wearing makeup, of course) and the redness is probably 90% gone and in general my skin looks quite good. I think this is going to be a staple for me. I just wish it wasn't so hard to come by.... UPDATE 8/07: I never use this anymore. For some reason, I get weird irritation around my jawline and eyebrows when I use this. I now use LRP Thermal Water to tone and calm my skin after cleansing. I've had much better luck with LRP products than with Avene.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2006 2:00:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I do think this is slightly overhyped, as I haven't noticed any improvements in my skin. But it hasn't messed it up either (how could mineral water do anything, anyway?) I do like that it comes in a little can and sprays a very fine mist. I use this before applying moisturizer; I can use less product and it seems to sink in better. I've heard that it's always best to apply moisturizer when your skin is slightly damp, but since I don't keep my stuff in the bathroom, my face is usually dry by the time I get to my bedroom. So this is nice to have around. It feels very refreshing as well. I do wish it weren't so pricey; I may try some other brands (or I may try prying open the can so I can refill it with my own mineral water). I also tried using this to 'set' my makeup but I think that only works for powder foundations--I use tinted moisturizer and concealer and set it all with loose powder--spritzing this on just caked up the powder and ruined my makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2005 6:49:00 AM More reviews by TRKK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was equally sceptical about paying so much for water in a spray can but after reading the reviews here I decided to go for it. Now I can't stop spraying this on my face! Soothes, calms and hydrates my combi but hyper senssitive skin, especially when I get allergic reactions to products. Reduces redness and when sprayed onto a made up face, keeps makeup looking fresh and un-cakey. Wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2005 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Jenesis914

I've tried Evian and Lumene and Vichy. Avene is deff the best out of all of them! Avene comes out in a finer mist and its plain mineral water. The others exept for Evian were...cloudy and the spray was too much. Its also cheaper than Evian which is $9 for 5 oz. Avene is 10.58 oz for $14. My face was stinging from Avene's Gentle Toner so I sprayed this on and it was like my skin went "ahhhhh" in relief. lol I've thought about all the mineral sprays and I finally settled on Avene and I am so glad I bought it. *update 12/22/05* i never understood how to set makeup and when i first tried this at the store, it washed off my makeup instead. my chin was sooo flakey yesterday..it was disgusting. so i sprayed this all over and my makeup looked dewy and soo nice. the flakes on my chin were less noticeable too. great for last minute skin crises..lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2005 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Treasa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Its water and i don,t think it does anything special that you couldnt do with filtered water in a spray bottle.
Update:well i continue to use it and i probably will repurchase though i am not sure why-must be the nice very fine spray of water that i put on my face before i apply my foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2005 4:03:00 PM More reviews by mtoy

This is definitely NOT just water in a can. I had my doubts at first but after reading the reviews decided to try it on the annoying redness on the left side of my face. I spray my face twice a day after cleansing, pat it in and let it dry. After doing this for 3 days the redness has faded considerably. Also, normally my face would feel just ok after cleansing but after using the water and letting it dry it is soft, smooth and comfortable. I highly recommend this.