October 25, 2014 | 1820 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2006 2:00:00 AM More reviews by dna2005

I have very sensitive skin, and it helps a lot whenever I break out. I can't live without it now! Just bought 4 bottles(300ml).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2006 4:31:00 PM More reviews by bringiton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've come to the conclusion that this actually may irritate me and trigger SD
flareups :( I've never consistently used this product, but everytime i buy it
and use it seems to coincide with a seborrheic dermatitis flare. I gave my last
can to my mum who coincidentally noticed 'increased' facial redness using this.
She didnt know the cause and did not suspect this as she had heard of its suposed
beneficial properties (which are documented), however when she cut it out her skin
returned back to normal, so it irritated her aswell.

actually i might quite like this now. *shrugs*

Edit - No, there is definately something about this
my skin doesnt like! going to try Evian next since i like the concept.

continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2006 7:58:00 AM More reviews by 17girl_ro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

well, for my skin didn`t do much.. it`s better if you cut yourself or if you get iritated by sun, then ya, it`s usful.. but for my acnee skin, wasn`t good! after using it my skin was not so confortable, don`t know wAY, kind of dry.... at least it didn`t irritated me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2006 1:53:00 PM More reviews by lovermac

I am not sure what it is about this water, but I really like how my face feels when I use this. Also I got a cut and accidentally got some bathroom cleaner on it when I was cleaning my tub. It really stung. I rinsed my hand under water, but the stinging wouldn't go away. I sprayed my finger with this thermal water and the sting went away instantly. I will purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2006 11:34:00 PM More reviews by cy78

I used it, as Avene recommends, as an alternative to a toner during the summer months. While the initial feeling was a cool, refreshing one, it quickly wore off. I don't feel that it's strong enough to be a toner and didn't find much use for it. I now use the remaining water to gently spritz one side of my eyeshadow brush to get a neat dual-toned effect on my eyelids. Not worth the 20-odd Cdn dollars.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2006 9:24:00 AM More reviews by akanesama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was very intrigued by this product after reading the reviews about it. I usually would try the tester bottle of this when I would go to CVS and I absolutely loved the soothing, cool feeling of it against my face. So, I thought it might be worth giving it a shot. I paid $14 for a fairly large bottle of it(which I still think is pricy for water) over the weekend. I still think it feels soothing against my skin but I've seen no physical benefits from it whatsoever. I'm not sure at this point on whether I would repurchase or not since I could get a similar sensation of spritizing water on my face from a bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2006 9:22:00 PM More reviews by sninz69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i love the feeling of this product on my skin - it IS just mineral water (so no extra ingredients etc - which sometimes makes me feel a little silly lol) but i have been using it for jus over a day now and must say that my skin is looking ALOT smoother and dewier than it was - and i have been breaking out recently, and this has relieved the redness of those ingrown hairs and zits...

its not all that cheap for what it is ($19.95 for i think its a 100ml or something like that - i got the medium size bottle), but it does work well annd i cant wait to try it over foundation (i use a matte finish foundation coz of my combo skin, but i do prefer a dewy finish) - i heard that this gives a great dewy finish to any makeup - will report back i gess!!

AND i can also see how this product is great in air con too - jus for refreshing and renewing ur skin

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2006 7:43:00 AM More reviews by zubroza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've also tried the Vichy and La Roche Posay brumisateurs, but this one somehow got me hooked. I use it almost everyday. In the morning before applying my Regenerist serum and/or in the evening after cleansing to calm down my skin. On non-tretinoin nights, I use more than usual and let it sit for a few minutes. When my face is still damp I apply my Avene recovery cream and vaseline on extra dry or sensitive spots.

Tip for all other males: this has made my shaving routine much more tolerable. I not only use it after shaving to calm down my skin, but I use it to wet my skin before applying shaving cream and spray a bit in my palm to lather up my shaving product. Works wonderful!

I've always been quite sceptic about the effectiveness of brumisateurs, but there seems to be a lot of evidence that Avene thermal water really has an anti-inflammatory function. Check out these links to pubmed-articles for more information.

Article 1

continued >>

20 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2006 8:51:00 AM More reviews by sallieee3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

can't live without this product, really calms my irritated skin (dry and sensitive), always spray it on after cleansing...its great for sudden itch attacks too, relieves it immediately

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2006 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Steph5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Since Iíve used Avene thermal spring water I have noticed a slight difference in my skinís texture. I think most of its appeal is that it is a refreshing alternative to using a toner, which might leave the skin tingly and irritated. It is also great during the summer or after working out, to cool down your face and body. Iíve even seen people using it while on vacation for treating their sunburn. All in all, it is an interesting product and definitely worth trying (having too). But if the price is a problem, you can try using a cotton swab dipped in cool water, and spread it around your face before moisturizing to achieve a similar effect.