Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Absolutely hate it so much this product is horrible with one blink I have way to much on. It gets all over my eye lid and its impossible to get it off! It is just a pain in the butt to us I don't recommend this product at all it sucks

I really like this, it's one of the best low budget mascaras. Here's why:

*It is really black so if you have a few fairer coloured lashes it coats them very well.
*Makes your lashes look thick, full and pretty.
*It doesn't flake and stays put for a full day.
*It dries pretty quickly so you don't have to worry about it smudging or ruining your make up.
*Good price for a great mascara.

Overall, an excellent mascara that I will definitely be repurchasing. Highly recommended!

I would say this mascara is okay, it does the job for me. Some dont like the fact that it's quite hard to get off, but as I have really runny eyes this is only a plus for me. It doesnt give amazing lenght or thickness, i'd say its average. It's buildable though, and I find that it doesnt clump easily. Also I like the packaging, it has a fairly large brush with tiny bristels to paint with. I like this type of brush, but I know not everyone does.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Again, I typically like Maybelline Mascaras best, but I was disappointed by this one as well. It doesn't clump- which is nice- but it also doesn't thicken well.

I'm a fans of Maybelline mascara, been using maybelline colossal and like it so much. Then i changed to this rocket mascara after reading all the positives reviews. It does lengthen my lashes and volume, but it goes abit clump when i apply for the third coat. The things which i against the most is this mascara doesn't hold the curl at all! Im asian and usually i will curl my lashes with eyelash curler, then only i apply mascara,usually it works but for this mascara, eventhough i have curled my lashes with eyelash curler, but once i applied this mascara, my lashes point up straight, my curl gone.
I will never purchase this mascara again. or i have to find a way to hold my curl.

I'm surprised that this mascara doesn't have better reviews. It's probably the best drugstore mascara I've tried...other than Voluminous Carbon Black. I love Voluminous but it doesn't hold a curl at all. This one does. The formula is super black, which, frankly, is hard to find in a mascara! (I also have Cover Girl Clump Crusher, which people seem to love...and that's more of a soft black...no thanks). So this is very black, holds a curl, creates GREAT volume and length. It's honestly almost perfect. The ONLY con, is that it is hard to remove. I use Sonia Kashuk waterproof eye makeup remover, which is an awesome product, but even with that I really have to work to get this mascara completely off. I don't like that because it feels damaging to my lashes. If you go at it slowly though, it does all come off.

Other than that, this is truly a great drugstore mascara and yes, I would purchase again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascara!!! I would defiantly buy it again in a heartbeat! It goes your lashes a great volume and makes them appear longer but doesn't clump. I would recommend it to anyone!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I loved this mascara except that it gave me raccoon eyes. It smeared a little on my lower lashes. I loved how black it is...the volume and length too.....only problem that it smeared. Will keep trying to work with it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been using this mascara for the last few months and I must say I love it, Maybelline has created another winner for me! I like this product so much, I'll even say (in my opinion) that it is better then Benefit's They're Real Mascara! I'll elaborate this in a bit.

My eyelashes are uncooperative, and always require a mascara that provides volume and length. This mascara not only fit all my needs, it comes with a cheap price tag which just makes me all the more happier.

I've read a few negative reviews on this product, mostly concerning about the difficulty of removing this product. YES, this product has a thicker and more "heavy duty" formula so it will take more then the usually 1-2 minutes to take off, however it is not impossible, Frankly I have found success by using either the Clinique Eye Make Up Remover or the Neutrogena Eye Make Up Remover. All you need is a little patience ladies! ;)

For me, I found that this mascara is better that They're Real for the following reasons:
- it is slightly easier to remove (key word, slightly)
- it gives evident length and volume almost identical to They're Real
- there is less clumps in my lashes, and i always am able to steer clear of "spider lashes" (the applicator thing is what makes all the difference)
- very build able
- the formula (i feel) is lighter then They're Real; so your lashes should stay up longer, it dries pretty fast compared to They're Real
- great dupe for They're Real... one third of the price!

This mascara has gotten me plenty of compliments.... more often then when I wear They're Real from Benefit... not sure if it's just coincidence though. Overall I really am happy with this product, I probably will be repurchasing in the future when I run out; unless Maybelline is able to surprise me with a new mascara that I fall in love with.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I absolutley hated this product! The latex formula makes it very hard to get off. It is not worth the cute package, nor the price. I normally love Maybelline but this made me swear them off for a while. don't waste the money. Because if you do you will need to buy a good makeup emover, makeup cleansing cloths and good cleanser.

Popular Mascaras