Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

I really like this product. It definitely lengthens lashes without having to build it up a whole ton. It also stays on all day and doesn't produce any fall out. The rubberized brush is also awesome. I was skeptical at first because I usually like mascara with bristles, but I think that this mascara works great.

The packaging is super cute and it isn't super bulky like some mascaras are. The only complaint I have is that the mascara is VERY hard to get off. I can't even imagine what the waterproof version must be like! But besides this, it's an awesome mascara!

on 7/16/2013 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I usually use waterproof mascaras because I have allergies that cause watery eyes, and my eye make up always tends to smudge. However, I tried the regular formula after hearing a review that it stays put. I prefer the formula of non waterproof mascaras better because they are not as dry, so I was excited to try this to see if it really did stay in place although it wasn't waterproof. It does!!! I love the brush... it is a fatter brush with a lot of short, non-flexible bristles. I feel like it grabs my lashes and does a good job of adding both volume and length. You can also build it up for a more dramatic look. The reason I gave this mascara 4 lippies instead of 5 is because after a month, I have noticed it becoming more clumpy when I put it on.

on 7/16/2013 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this mascara because everyone was raving about it but I'm not sure if its worth all the hype. Pros: nice brush, very black, holds curl well, great for volumizing, and barely flakes. Cons: CAN'T layer this, make my eyelashes feel a bit crunchy, and is too wet for my liking.

on 7/16/2013 12:32:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Upon first try, I wasn't 100% sold on this mascara. However, the more I use it, the more I love it. It is one of the few mascaras that actually lengthens my lashes as much as I like. As far as volume, it does decent, but I'm not worried about volume too much so that's okay! I do not have any problem with it flaking or drying out. It is very reasonably priced for a drugstore mascara and I would repurchase.

EDIT: I am now on my second tube of this mascara and it has become part of my every day makeup.

on 7/16/2013 12:07:00 AM

To be Honest, to get the false lash look for me i have to use at least 3 different Mascaras, its not bad that i do i actually Like having to! you can choose the ones that do different things for your eye lashes. i use (in order) Neutrogena healthy volume - Maybelline The Rocket Volume Express & CoverGirl LashBlast Luxe Mascara. i use Neutrogena healthy volume as a head start then i use Maybelline The Rocket Volume Express Mascara to give Volume and Thickness and then CoverGirl LashBlast Luxe Mascara to spread my lashes apart so there not all one big glob :P and then VOILA! Big BOLD Lashes, you can all so use what ever Mascara you like you dont have to use the listed above :) any way Thanks for reading :D <3 <3

absolutely in love. gives me subtle look with one coat, a dramatic one with two <3

on 7/12/2013 1:13:00 PM

This is really black and coats all the lashes but it is really clumpy. I returned it.

on 7/11/2013 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Eh. Average drugstore mascara. I was unimpressed. Huge brush, so you can't use it under your eyes. And very hard to get off. It's not the worst, but I wouldn't buy it again. It's dark and a very wet formula, but doesn't do much for my lashes. None of the claims from the commercial were true.

on 7/11/2013 6:26:00 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got this today and I applied it and i was like "wow"!

Then i applied it 4 MORE TIMES! It made my lashes to big and so much volume! GO GET THIS MASCARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This mascara is great! I got it as a Christmas present and love it!! It really keeps the curl from curling your lashes in place and lasts a reeaally long time! It's pretty difficult for it to come off which is a big plus for me specially in the summer, so you'll definately need a good makeup remover to wipe this off =) it creates the effect of bold and thick lashes BUT my HG mascara will always be L'Oreal's Telescopic ;) other than that, I highly reccomend it!

Video Reviews & Tutorials