December 21, 2014 | 771 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum' Express

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by JasmineBloom

AWFUL product! Hated it, on the commercial it says "deposits massive load" (seriously, it does lol) and yes, it deposits massive loads of crap on your lashes. Clumping city, my eyelashes looked glued together with just 2 coats, and it was a nightmare to get out of my lashes. Never again! Don't buy! :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by onegoodcat

I really wanted to like this product. I love the packaging and the colors are very cute. Maybelline mascaras have never worked for my lashes, ever. I usually prefer these rubbery plastic bristles so I was tempted to buy this since it is a little cheaper than Covergirl's Lash Blast (which I LOVE). Man, this stuff is so clumpy. The product itself is very liquidy and just makes my lashes stick together. I have to swipe off a lot of the product on the bristles with a tissue just to get a decent application! And even then, the results are nothing close to good. With a hell of a lot of effort, I can make them look decent, but I'd rather stick to Covergirl's Lash Blast or try another mascara. I am not going back to this. It's a shame :(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by alishe43093

I used to buy 2 different mascaras to achieve the look this one mascara does! This product has lasted so long and it makes my lashes look super long. It's not very heavy so if you want a more intense mascara for going out, I would suggest a different one. For a day to day more natural look, this is the best!

I curl my lashes, put one coat on, curl a second time, and put a second coat on!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Anna2013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara! It works amazingly, stays on well and makes my lashes look fuller! Definitely recommend it to you, it's worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Morgancupcake99

I absolutely LOVE this mascara!!! It is AMAZING! I have really small and short lashes. But when I wear the rocket, it makes my lashes look FABULOUS. They're long. They have volume. A nice curl. They look so perfect that they could almost b fake. I always have people telling me how amazing my lashes are.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by ColoradoBlondie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

FANTASTIC!!!!!!! Finally! I have tried them all and this beats everything out there for me. It looks like I have fake eyelashes that gave me full, velvety, thick, long lashes. And, I have stubs for eyelashes to begin with. I love this BIG TIME!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by lauramb122

Mascaras are a very personal thing! Us ladies take our mascaras very seriously! But this mascara I think is over hyped, I love the packaging and I think it holds a curl nicely but it's nothing amazing like everyone makes it out to be. It is awful trying to get off, I can't imagine what the waterproof version is like! It also clumps easy and doesn't make the lashes look super long like everyone says. I feel like a lot of Maybelline mascaras are hit or miss! You might just have to try this one out on your own! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by calicomouse88

It didn't do anything special to my eyelashes, it clumps easily, it doesn't lengthen at all. I would not repurchase it

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Callmezetty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have tried many drugstore mascaras and this is so far my favorite. It doesn't clump much and it doesn't flake or smudge at all. I put this on in the morning and it doesn't come off at all. only con is that it takes forever to get off, and even when it looks like it's all off it still feels like I have mascara on. over all it gives great volume and length.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Emibumblebee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Picked this up out of curiosity a couple of weeks ago and have been wearing it every day since. In that time I've found that it doesn't do anything really special for my lashes - a decent amount of length, and okay when it comes to volume. I like that I can do multiple coats without having to worry too much about clumping. I really wish the brush was narrower at the tip, because as it is I find it difficult to coat the finer lashes on the inner corner of my eye without getting mascara all over my lid. My biggest issue with this stuff, however, is that it is INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT TO REMOVE. I usually have no problem taking off my mascara at night, even with other waterproof formulas, but I reeeaally have to resist the urge to scrub at my eyes with this one. The mascara lost major points for that.

On its own it does nothing special for me, but the reason I keep it around is that I found if I layer one coat of this stuff over two coats of my L'Oreal Voluminous mascara (original), it looks amazing - gets rid of any clumps created by the first mascara, lengthens, and makes my lashes reasonably waterproof. It's fantastic, but not something that I'd do everyday.

So, if you're looking for something that you can easily wear everyday, or that layers well with other mascaras - and if you're looking for something that will cling to your lashes with a death grip - this may be what you're looking for. It's not a bad price, either, so it's worth a shot.