January 28, 2015 | 1300 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum' Express

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 7:33:00 AM More reviews by emilyxchristine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara. I have long and thick eyelashes, so I like to curl and play them up a lot. Finishing off with this mascara gives them dramatic and noticeable length & volume. The brush is decently sized and very easy to use, in fact I use one now from a previous bottle as a lash & brow comb. The packaging and "rocket" marketing ploy are too cute as well. When Maybelline first released this mascara it was my HG. However, my only complaint with this is that even the non-waterproof version is difficult to remove, it almost acts as a waterproof. I don't buy waterproof mascaras because I don't like having to scrub it off at night, especially since my eyelashes are notorious for falling out. In conclusion, it is a great mascara, and I would buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Juliexoxo98

I don't really get the hype, it's pretty good, but if you put too much on it gets VERY VERY VERY VERY clumpy, like SO bad, but if you put the perfect amount your eyelashes look amazing, mixed feelings :/. Try it out though, just use it sparingly!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by jackiejeeps

i enjoy this mascara, im very hesitant to try new makeup. im glad i tried this! this is my emergency go to when i cant find my covergirl lash blast. it doesnt flake onto my skin and it doesnt weigh my eyelashes down like covergirl lash blast does. it takes some time to build up a full eye lash look but it is possible with some warmed up eyelash curler and patients!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by TorieButterfly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all, I wear this in waterproof. Where I live is very humid and you have no idea when it's going to rain, most of the time. It's definitely a good idea to wear waterproof mascara in the Summer time. This mascara separates my lashes, but gives me volume at the same time. I haven't found that it clumps, which is just marvelous. My only problem is that by the end of the day, my lashes have fallen. Overall, it's a great buy. I would recommend other people trying it, as well. (This doesn't irritate my contacts, either.)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by bellabaaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this mascara! It does the best job out of any mascara I have ever bought, it lengthens SO much, and volumizes well too. I have good eyelashes to begin with so I can literally make it look like I'm wearing false lashes when I take time to apply this well. It does not clump or make your lashes stick together, it separates well. Lasts aalllll day! If you try to reapply this while the first coat is dry it does make your lashes look a little "scraggly" as I would put it...so layering has to be done rather quickly.

The only NEGATIVE I have with this product and why I gave it 4/5 and will not be repurchasing (it was given to me as a gift) is not to do with the formula, but the fact that Maybelline tests their products on animals... NOT cool. I don't think people realize the extent of suffering test animals go through (yes, they do test on cats & dogs), therefore I do not support Maybelline. I'd rather go with BeneFit who is cruelty free :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by rubyrhee

this mascara is the BESTT!! i absoulely love it so much. but i have short and straight and thin lashes so after i curl them and apply this on.. it doesnt seem to hold the curl so i might have to buy an waterproof version of this but overall its AMAZING. def lengthes out your lashes. very volumizing and i like the colors of the package! very cute!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by bobadreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is HG for me. I have decently thick, long lashes but they really hate holding a curl. I thought my HG was the One by One Waterproof, which did a good job at separating my lashes and holding my curl while providing a cute fluttery look, however, by the end of the night my curl would be deflated with the One by One. The Rocket on the otherhand (waterproof formula) holds my curl even after a long night out dancing and sweating. I highly recommend for those who have hard to curl lashes

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Hiraaxo

Originally I went to Walmart to buy L'oreal's carbon black mascara but once they has run out I had decided to buy the rocket. Despite all of the negative reviews I still bought it and decided to give it a try! I absolutely LOVE this mascara! Now I don't think it's better than carbon black but I do think it's pretty good for the $7 I paid! It gives my eyelashes both volume and length but it's a little hard to get off the lashes! Overall I really do like this mascara & I do recommend it! :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 6:19:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What is up with the good people at Maybelline? Why must they launch a new mascara every other month? Why not offer a few good mascaras that impress by doing what they claim to do well? My favorite mascara from them was discontinued years ago - "Illegal Lengths Mascara." Don't confuse it with their "Illegal Length Fiber Mascara" which is nothing like it. Lately, I've been using "Define a Lash" but I'm afraid that one is being discontinued because I can't find it. I tried the "Rocket' and ended up with clumps and smudges like I've never experienced before. A crash landing all around my eyelids. If I can find my receipt, this one is going straight back to CVS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: When I first started to apply, i thought it was going to be crappy. It goes on quite funky, and I'm not usually a fan of that kind of brush with short bristles. I finished applying , curled and had great volume. Great length added, too. I have sparse and short lashes, and this made mine look fantastic and with very minimal clumping. Held my curl wonderfully. I love the waterproof version. It's inexpensive. Easier to remove than most waterproofs (may be a con to some who want better lasting power.)

CONS: I'm not in love with the gigantic brush with the tiny bristles because it's harder to get the tiny lashes at my eye corners. May not be waterproof enough for some (see my app. tips below). CAN get spidery if I apply a lot of coats.

APPLICATION TIPS: This works best for me when I'm not afraid to press a bit to drag through all of the lashes.

ALTERNATES: I actually prefer the waterproof version of this. But if I use this version, I put Clarins Double Fix (waterproofer) on top. For length and lots of thickness, I also like Jordana's Volumizing Mascara and Covergirl Remarkable Washable Mascara, which stays on very well for nonwaterproof. The new Manga mascara by L'Oreal is fantastic for length and volume that lasts a long time without smudging; I'm kind of in love with it.

APPLICATION TIPS: Mine looked great after combing. This also does better if I try to start at the root of the lashes or somewhere near the base and drag it through the rest. I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler