August 28, 2014 | 1717 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum Express

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is okay. The main reason I wouldn't repurchase is b/c it leaves my lashes looking spiky and like I've applied mascara really badly, even with scraping/wiping off the excess or using a lash comb before and after application, respectively. The plastic bristles feel stiff, not squishy, and they're spread a little too far apart for me--hence, the spiky, clumped-together lash look. The brush on a whole a bit too big for me, too, and I have a tendency to get the stuff on my lids (plus the formula is on the wet side). However, it isn't irritating to my sensitive, dry eyes and lacks parabens, though the waterproof version does. The Blackest Black shade is just that, too. As for the packaging, I like the bright blue and hot pink colored tube, but not its shape. The handle tapers off to a cone shape and makes it difficult, though not impossible, to grip. The smudge and curl-holding factors aren't bad, but not great. There's some minimal smudging 1/2-way through work, but is easily swiped away. If I over-curl, the mascara wilts my lashes, but not all the way down again. Maybe a bit less than perpendicularly. So, eh. I'll stick w/ my $3 Jordana stuff. Note: this review is for the washable version.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Bellalove403

I really do like this mascara. It lengthens and volumes a lot and makes me look like i'm wearing false eyelashes. It really is a great mascara. It's an upgrade from "maybelline the falsies" in my opinion. The only complaint I would have to say is that it does tend to get clumpy if you add too many layers. Other then that, it's great and I will be re purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Sonya46

It's really good, it goes on dark. You don't need to curl your eyelashes for this mascara, but if you want to give it extra volume then go for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by mocraig

I love this mascara so much it seperates my lashes perfectly and no clumps AT ALL. It has cute packaging to! This is the best mascara of all time!! Will be repurchasing!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Mzdede23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good volume & length. I really like it. People are saying that its clumpy / lumps lashes together, wipe off wand a little if so (i dont, but a suggestion), Its totally worth it. No smudging or flakes (i got the regular version & waterproof, both are great).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Makes me look like I have 3 lashes...but it does keep the curl (waterproof formula).

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by GlosslipGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Clumpy hot mess! One pro is that it is super black and that's about it! Ever since Cover Girl came out with Lash Blast sooo many companies are copying the brush, which I can't stand, I don't get the hype! One coat of this stuff is clumpy and you have to work fast to get your lashes just right or else they freeze into spider lashes! Not attractive. Definitely don't attempt a second coat unless you are wearing sunglasses for the rest of the day! Really really hard to remove. Won't be repurchasing!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by McMillanB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an okay product. For me it doesn't clump. The problem arises when I try to remove the mascara. It is so hard to get off and pulls at your lashes. Would not recommend this mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by allygee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its an ok mascara, nothing more dramatic than i have gotten with other normal purpose mascara, so no big change in volume. the brush is a bit too big though.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by ellablue123

The brush sucks--the shape is really inconvenient as it always touches your eyelid and doesnt allow you to get all your lashes. Also, the mascara itself is clumpy, very clumpy