September 30, 2014 | 1919 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2012 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Nnail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Tried the sample from a magazine in "Light" all over my face before foundation (liquid, applied with a stipple brush). I loved how it made my skin look close to flawless (definitely a miracle given the size of my pores LOL). It even filled in an old acne scar and covered my dark circles (woohooo!). I couldn't stop looking at my skin ... it looked amazing! AND it controlled my oiliness. But then it turned orange. I thought it was my imagination at first, until I wiped my face with a white tissue. Nope, it was indeed orange. Ewwww. So next I tried mixing a bit in with my foundation. Same near-flawless, near-poreless "OMG is that really MY skin" result with less of the orange oxidizing, but it still happened. I did noticed a few breakout spots but thought it was just coincidence (my skin has its breakout moments). Decided to pick up a tube in "Fair" and mixed it in with my foundation. Surprisingly, this shade didn't cover/fill like the Light version. Wierd. Controls oil, but the coverage is, well, not covering. I'm also noticing more spots and am starting to think it's not coincidence after all. The quest continues (sob sob).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by martina20

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great product. It looks natural, yet it diffuses light in a way that masks small imperfections. Don't expect it to cover major blemishes, though--that's not the purpose. The texture is a bit different from regular moisturizers, but I like it. I have super-sensitive skin; however, unlike Garnier BB cream, this product never gave me a problem. The only catch is that it's hard to find in the US. I bought mine in Europe, and I hope I won't have to wait till my next trip to buy another bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by fifster

This product I would say is mediocre. I bought this product not too long ago just to try it and I would say it's not that bad. It matches with my skin tone pretty well and goes on smoothly. I love the grainy feeling of it and watching the color blend with mine. In terms of coverage, I would say not to go with this product because it acts as a tinted moisturizer; meaning it merely makes your skin look smoother and even but it does not fully cover blemishes, red spots or any of the like. So if you're going for a full coverage look, I do not recommend this product. The thing I like the most about this product is that it's not oily and lasts all day on my skin without washing off. It would be better if it had spf though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by yessisbfc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is amazing! In the UK it is £10 which is about $15. In the US it is roughly $8 which is a bargain! I go to the US a few times a year so I am stocking up on this!

It is very light, unlike some other BB creams I have tried. It glides on effortlessly and lasts all day! It really is too good to be true. I prefer this to wearing my MAC foundations now. A must try! I am NW20 and in the UK I get the 'light' shade. We do not have 'fair' like the US does. I assume the 'light' in the UK is the same as 'light' in the US?

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Oceanne311

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Being very fair, I expected that the Light sample I tried might be a bit too dark. I did not, however, expect it to turn a vibrant orange so dark that the adjoining uncovered skin looked positively white in comparison. And when I say orange, I don't mean orangey or orangish, I mean ORANGE...if I were looking to dress up as a Gene WIlder-era Oompa Loompa, it would be just the thing. Since that wasn't on the agenda for my Friday, I immediately washed it off.

I can't say how well it lives up to its advertised claims, but I do think L'Oreal needs to skip the 'magic' and just formulate some standard shades.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by drawkcabackward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this product is okay. the only thing it did well was make any redness go down but besides that, I'd think it's useless for me. It doesn't exactly have the qualities of other BB creams and it has light coverage and I think that's mostly what makes the redness go away. It does prime, but only minimally. My pores still look the same and it keeps my makeup on, but my oil isn't kept at bay.

The thing I hated the most about this and makes me never want to repurchase it again is that it made me break out a lot.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by jelbee

I tried the sample from my Cosmo, so packaging and price are null

Well... I'm definitely fair and NOT light, this product gave me an orange-y glow I was NOT expecting. Not the product's fault, as they can't anticipate my porcelain-white skin tone, but... it makes me wonder how intense the fake colour is on the "fair" version.

I do like the way the product feels-- and it feels like it's given a good base for my foundation.

I'd probably buy the fair to give it a shot if the price wasn't too extravagant.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by kimmiecheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried this BB cream and a Korean brand BB cream (liole). I can't use the asian BB cream because I got way more tan this summer and that particular BB cream is very light and only comes in light shades. In comparison, the asian BB cream is better, but I do like this Loreal BB cream as a tinted moisturizer. It provides me with an evened out skin tone, smoothed surface. I do like this BB cream for a no fuss easy makeup routine (school, errands). I do opt for a foundation when I want to look more put together. I powder after this BB cream because without it, I end up looking extremely shiny after an hour or so, like I just applied a ton of lotion to my face. I would not purchase again only because after this one is done I would like to try other BB creams out there on the market.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by melanieeatsghosts

This BB cream is pretty good at stopping my forehead from becoming oily, even on a hot day. It's not too heavy of a coverage, just enough to cover the redness on my face. I broke out a little bit though, so I'll have to try again to see if it was from this product.

Update : I've worn this a few more times, each time I broke out again :( Not changing the rating on the product since it's more of a personal issue, but I thought I'd let you know. Sensitive skin girls be careful!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by YCR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in Light/Medium and it is just a teeny bit darker than my skintone, but it's nothing I can't work with. At first I didn't like this product that much because when you first apply it, the texture feels kind of gritty/grainy, but when you keep blending the product onto your skin the texture actually disappears and it blends pretty well. It comes out of tube looking white, with teeny tiny particles that contain the color (and I guess that's what makes it feel gritty) and when you rub it against your skin, the white disappears and the actual color shows up. The coverage is quite good for my taste and needs (It covers the slight redness around my nose and some discoloration around my jaw from the few pimples I get every now and then), but its coverage is definitely on the lighter side and you can built up the amount of coverage where needed- but it won't cover any ubber dark spots. The consistency is on the watery side, but it doesn't bother me. I love the packaging because I find it to be very sanitary- it's a tube that you squeeze and has a fine tip from which the product comes out- you can't stick your fingers/nails inside of the product. This is one product that works great on my very oily skin, because it doesn't make it oilier, nor makes me break out. The ONLY two problems I've found with this is that if you have dry patches or peeling skin, this is definitely going to accentuate it and make it look worse. You need your skin to be very well moisturized before using this. And I also don't like that it doesn't contain any SPF, but that's not a huge problem for me because I use sunscreen under this anyways. Bottom line is: I would definitely recommend this unless you have very dry skin.