L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

on 9/28/2012 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this as a moisturizer/primer. On its own, not nearly enough coverage. But I use it under whatever foundation/bb cream/whatever I'm using that day and it creates a great barrier for my skin. I've noticed my skin looks better since I've started using this. Not an omigahd, tv commercial difference, but enough to notice.

I really like the exfoliating feeling when I put it on too. :)

on 9/28/2012 4:47:00 PM

Usually my pores look pretty larger with whatever my foundation of the moment is.. I've tried so many primers and moisturizers with no change that I just figured it was a fact of life that I would have a less-than-ideal finish. However I went to my local drug store and holy moly. I saw this product, I had some extra cash, and I remember reading about BB creams and their "magical" effects. I took it home, tried it on and oh my gosh, it was a miracle worker. My pores literally vanished before my eyes, and my entire face seemed to even out. I do have pretty reddish/splotchy areas, so when I put some foundation over this product, my skin ended up looking air brushed. I am so happy with this product and I recommend you give it a shot!

on 9/28/2012 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I got a free sample of this in the mail. It supposed to hydrate, prime, perfect, and correct. The consistency reminds me of a tinted moisturizer. It has very poor coverage, so you'd have to have nearly perfect skin to begin with. I don't like how you have to rub it into your skin for the color to appear and it's too dark anyway when it said "light." I'm sure it's moisturizing, but sure doesn't stay on long. Blah.

on 9/27/2012 12:30:00 PM

This product worked very well for me, It comes out like a white-ish liquid with little gradualness or beads that contain the color the adapts to your skin tone. I have mine in "Fair" buts that also cause they tend to run a little dark. the color selection isn't very vast, however I liked how this bb cream absorbed quickly and didn't leave my skin feeling greasy it actually left my skin very smooth with a light-med coverage it was very light but did cover up my blemishes.

on 9/27/2012 7:03:00 AM

I surprisingly loved this product! I tried it from a sample that I received in a magazine that I suscribe to. I was surprised that it was a good match for my skin tone, though it was light (I am usually medium beige). On your fingers, the product looks like a pearly, almost gray, irridescent creamy color. When you apply it to your face, it oxidizes to blend with your skin. I did not mind at all the texture or beads in it, it blended right in. I used my fingertips to apply this. I had read previous reviews that said it turns orange, so I watched it carefully to review it over the next couple of hours. Not so with me! It was a nice, natural looking tan color....and looked fresh and smooth hours later. I was impressed with this product!! The feel of the product really is like a primer. I am guessing that it has silicones in it. I could be wrong, need to check the ingredients...but that is what it feels like. It feels great on the skin and it does provide a light, smooth coverage. I ended up applying bronzer and blush, as well as a dusting of mineral veil, over it. That was a great combination. I am going to purchase the full size product today!!

on 9/26/2012 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I love this stuff! It evens out my skin tone and looks like I have no makeup on at all. To me, this is very similar to Almay's Smart-Shade Makeup, but the BB Cream provided foolproof blending.

I primarily wear this when I'm running out to the gym at the crack of dawn. You look like a fresh-faced you, only better!

on 9/25/2012 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is quite expensive for a product that is a total disappointment. It hid nothing and the feeling of those beads were unpleasant. It never felt like it ever totally rubbed in and made my skin feel consistently oily. I gave it away. Not worth your money.

on 9/24/2012 7:20:00 PM

The name "BB", in this case, refers to "beauty beads"...grainy little pigmented beads which, when you rub the cream into your skin, are supposed to adjust to your colouring...very different than the traditional BB cream (Blemish Balm).

This cream is extremely grainy feeling when you rub it into your skin...it feels like you're exfoliating your face with a scrub. At first, it seemed to blur away some of the redness and scars on my face (not hiding them completely, but making them not as noticeable), and I actually thought I liked this product. It wasn't until I happened to look in the mirror about half an hour after applying it that I realized that it had changed. It oxidized to the extreme, making me look like I had Oompa Loompa makeup on. From what I've read, I'm not the only one to have this problem. The only real positive I can give this product is that it never broke me out or caused a rosacea flare. Unless you dig the bad self-tan look, do not buy this.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I got the sample in Light and wasn't expecting much. I was so excited when I put it on and saw that it made me look awesome! I made my man try some and he liked how it evened out his skin but obviously didn't look like he was wearing anything "makeup-y". When I put it on, it reminded me of an instant, natural looking bronzing effect, like what my skin looks like after a week of tanning lotion. I did the rest of my makeup as usual. Then, we got in the car to go out. And I checked myself out in the car mirror. And I looked awful, like i was wearing foundation that's too dark for me. So I bought the full size in a shade lighter, Fair. The thing is, now I don't really see it doing anything. I use it as a primer before putting on foundation, but I definitely don't see a visual difference like I did with the Light sample, which ended up looking like a bad makeup job.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The centre panel of my face is an oil slick, so I've been skeptical about the BB craze, but if you've got oily-combination skin, this might be ideal for you. While I was initially put off by the grainy texture, it quickly vanished into my complexion and had a comfortable, sheer, demi-matte finish that held out for most of a sunny fall afternoon. I would recommend starting with a moisturiser to give the product some slip, so you don't feel like you're peeling your face off. The lack of SPF can be a little disconcerting, so you'll definitely want to layer it over something 15+.