December 22, 2014 | 1743 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 8:51:00 AM More reviews by makeuplove55

I love these! The colours are beautiful, the formula is moisturizing. They don't last very long (a couple hours) I don't mind since I always reapply my lip balm during the day anyway. Do not hesitate, just try one; you can't go wrong at this price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 6:57:00 AM More reviews by wai260896

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

These are good, they are fairly pigmented and hydrated. Only thing I dislike about it is that the moisture goes away after an hour or so, then I have to reapply because my lips feel dry. And something I don't want my lips too be that pigmented, but once i reapply it is very pigmented.

I have it in Macaroon, Berry Smoothie and Strawberry Shortcake. I will buy more, but in shades that are lighter.

Oh, and its a lot of pigmented than it looks on the hand. Good point I guess!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 6:32:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

I liked the packaging, for a drug store brand. This long tubed, retro packaging is making a come back these days, as with other brands too. I tried the color "Macaroon".Upon application I smelt the vanilla scent, which was nice. Its a nice glossy, shimmery rose hue. I applied more of the product to get more color. I loved the color. My lips looked huge and like they were bursting wet gloss. As it was a lip butter, it can be sticky but it didn`t dry out my lips. As for lasting power, the lippie lasted while I was running errands all day,comes off after meals but leaves a faint shimmer behind. The price is affordable and I would buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I haven't written a review yet. I have two shades, Peach Parfait and Creme Brulee. I already ran out of Peach Parfait. That's how much I love it! They come with s tiny amount of product. They are a perfect blend of lip balm and the lipstick. They are so smooth and pigmented. The color selection is amazing!! I want Gumdrop next. The tubes are cute and practical. They smell faintly cheap. You know what I mean-the smell of Maybelline lip products. Not too strong but I can smell and taste it usually. I love these and am planning on getting more(: I got these at Ulta.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The ONLY way these products could be better than they already are is if they came with more product!!! For around 7 bucks you should get more than an inch of product! But this is the ONLY reason I took off a lippy, everything about them is perfect! They are a perfect blend of lip balm, gloss, and lipstick. Moisturizing and soft like a lip balm. Glossy finish like a gloss, without being tacky and gross. And wonderful color selection like a lipstick. I cannot possibly rave about these enough!

If you are in any way hesitant about these products (which you shouldn't be-they are a god send) head to your local Ulta, they have a really great policy for returning opened and used products!!! :D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Chickadee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't see what the hype is about with this product. It's not that special. I bought Sweet Tart but this color is really too bright for me, and too pink. I ended up swapping it. These are not that moisturizing and did nothing for my lips. If I didn't know any better, I'd think these are modeled after YSL Rouge Volupte, but come on, do you really think they'd stand a chance? Not likely.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Eh, this is just ok. Not great, not horrible, but just ehhhh. I have two colors: Sugar Plum and Brown Sugar. Brown Sugar has a lot of glitter. I'm not crazy about that. I couldn't see it in the tube prior to buying or I would have passed it up. Sugar Plum has no glitter and is a nice rich mauve color, highly pigmented. It actually feels luxuriously smooth and buttery going on but within 30 minutes my lips are DRY, super super dry, irritated, and I'm annoyed. I end up wiping it off and putting on some kind of sticky gloss to kill the dry irritated feeling. Just seems like any other ordinary annoying lipstick. I absolutely LOVE the L'Oreal Colour Riche Balms that have come out. They have enough color to look like a lipstick but are so creamy rich and smooth, I can't wait to apply them to my lips. They never get dry or icky. I have used up two of those tubes completely and just bought a 3rd today. So try those if you're looking for a sheer, creamy rich buttery smooth moisture product. The name of this Revlon "Lip Butter" is COMPLETELY misleading. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the Pink Truffle colour just after it came out and was so pleased with it all around - it was the perfect shade, just slightly more pigmented than my actual lips, and felt like a upper-end chapstick when I put it on - that I went out and got Cherry Tart today, which is sheer enough to not give my b/f a heart attack when I try to kiss him but red enough to be pleasing. The packaging is meh but I haven't had the trouble with it that others have (yet). Will happily buy these again when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by lilmissredhead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As sad as this sounds I didn't even know about this product until I bought it and read reviews. Everyone seemed so hyped up by these babies coming out :(. Anyway, I went with the color creamsicle which looks waaay peachier in the tube then on my lips which is a good thing. I noticed when I had dry lips this color looked god awful but when nicely moisturized it is a fabulous color! I absolutely love this and it is my new fav lip color which goes everywhere with me! I put it on all the time at work (maybe I don't need to but when I look at the pretty color I just need to slather it on more!) I am excited to get a few more colors down the road (probably peach parfait because I think emma stone is the cutest thing in the world and she's wearing it in the ad) I have pretty pale skin so this color works awesome and I'm into the whole nude lip thing. Overall, very nice product just make sure your lips are exfoliated!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Yasue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have these in three colors: Berry Smoothie, Sweet Tart, and Raspberry Pie. I bought Berry Smoothie first and I love the color, but it actually made my lips dry, which isn't normally an issue for me at all. I thought maybe it was something about that particular pigment and picked up the other 2 during a BOGO. Unfortunately, they all dry my lips out after having them on for about an hour. It's a shame too, because I do love the way they go on less opaque than a typical lipstick. I'll use them up, but I definitely have to layer something moisturizing on top. I won't buy them again though.