October 30, 2014 | 1641 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Eh, this is just ok. Not great, not horrible, but just ehhhh. I have two colors: Sugar Plum and Brown Sugar. Brown Sugar has a lot of glitter. I'm not crazy about that. I couldn't see it in the tube prior to buying or I would have passed it up. Sugar Plum has no glitter and is a nice rich mauve color, highly pigmented. It actually feels luxuriously smooth and buttery going on but within 30 minutes my lips are DRY, super super dry, irritated, and I'm annoyed. I end up wiping it off and putting on some kind of sticky gloss to kill the dry irritated feeling. Just seems like any other ordinary annoying lipstick. I absolutely LOVE the L'Oreal Colour Riche Balms that have come out. They have enough color to look like a lipstick but are so creamy rich and smooth, I can't wait to apply them to my lips. They never get dry or icky. I have used up two of those tubes completely and just bought a 3rd today. So try those if you're looking for a sheer, creamy rich buttery smooth moisture product. The name of this Revlon "Lip Butter" is COMPLETELY misleading. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the Pink Truffle colour just after it came out and was so pleased with it all around - it was the perfect shade, just slightly more pigmented than my actual lips, and felt like a upper-end chapstick when I put it on - that I went out and got Cherry Tart today, which is sheer enough to not give my b/f a heart attack when I try to kiss him but red enough to be pleasing. The packaging is meh but I haven't had the trouble with it that others have (yet). Will happily buy these again when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by lilmissredhead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As sad as this sounds I didn't even know about this product until I bought it and read reviews. Everyone seemed so hyped up by these babies coming out :(. Anyway, I went with the color creamsicle which looks waaay peachier in the tube then on my lips which is a good thing. I noticed when I had dry lips this color looked god awful but when nicely moisturized it is a fabulous color! I absolutely love this and it is my new fav lip color which goes everywhere with me! I put it on all the time at work (maybe I don't need to but when I look at the pretty color I just need to slather it on more!) I am excited to get a few more colors down the road (probably peach parfait because I think emma stone is the cutest thing in the world and she's wearing it in the ad) I have pretty pale skin so this color works awesome and I'm into the whole nude lip thing. Overall, very nice product just make sure your lips are exfoliated!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Yasue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have these in three colors: Berry Smoothie, Sweet Tart, and Raspberry Pie. I bought Berry Smoothie first and I love the color, but it actually made my lips dry, which isn't normally an issue for me at all. I thought maybe it was something about that particular pigment and picked up the other 2 during a BOGO. Unfortunately, they all dry my lips out after having them on for about an hour. It's a shame too, because I do love the way they go on less opaque than a typical lipstick. I'll use them up, but I definitely have to layer something moisturizing on top. I won't buy them again though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by glamourt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Got myself the first lip butter after the long waiting after seeing beauty raves about this! I'm never a constant/devoted lover for lipstick/lipgloss, because none made me really stayed on applying everyday and i would say this is the first!

The color i'm using is Peach Parfait, which is gorgeous hint of peachy color that suits me perfectly. I'm actually applying everyday without feeling sick or looking weird w it! One thing i would dislike about this is the shimmers, i find it too much; i'd rather it to be more pigmented than more shimmers. And a good tip is blotting the first application and re-apply, the color look much better than initial try.

My mum was so skeptical about this because i loved it so much, she tried it at Guardian (just get alot of tissues to wipe them before you see/try the testers okay!) and she loves the look after the blotting of Cherry Tart! She's a medium skintone, so she loves brown-reddish lipstick, and she was sold! Cherry Tart has lesser shimmers as compared to Peach Parfait actually. I use cherry tart lightly for slight color visibility because i'm kinda new to reds!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by ballet7xx

I was so excited to try Cotton Candy after purchasing it because beauty gurus rave about this product and it is posted on everyone's blog. Cotton Candy is not as pigmented as expected and it must be applied in several layers to appear at all. The color itself is mediocre--definitely not my favorite but not awful. The texture is indeed creamy so this product glides nicely over your lips. I didn't want to completely give up on the product so I gave it another shot when I purchased Berry Smoothie. Berry Smoothie is more pigmented but still needs to be applied in more than one layer. I guess they ARE lip butters, so they are VERY, VERY sheer. The color of Berry Smoothie is not attractive on me. as far as moisture goes, I would say it's OK but my lips seem to feel dry as it comes off or is taken off by me. the product is mediocre; it does not live up to my expectations.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am not a fan of these at all. The colors look like cheap play makeup. The packaging looks cheap & I felt like I was going to break it every time I applied some or twisted one up. Some of them have way too much glitter in them & as a previous reviewer had stated, I also broke out around my mouth after using them.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Flippinsushi

I got this in Berry Smoothie and Pink Truffle. I decided to try this after I'd already bought the L'Oreal Balm. I liked both shades, berry is more pink but both are pretty natural, which is exactly what I was looking for. They are certainly NOT as moisturizing as the L'Oreal variety, and the color isn't exactly buildable- at first it looks good but if I'm not careful it seems to really look like the color is floating on top of my lips- not a sexy look at all! Overall, I'm happy with them, but the L'Oreal one is definitely better, (I even sometimes put that one on top of these...)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by lamp4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have berry smoothie and pink truffle. i absolutely love the texture, coloring, and even the cute pinkish square tubes. pink truffle shows up like a light-mid pinky brown on my lips. berry smoothie is mid tone pink on my lips. both look totally natural and fresh on my lips. they are both sheer lipsticks so it has a glossy finish to them. i definitely will be grabbing more when they go on sale cuz no sense in paying regular price when these seem to go on sale quite often in different stores. however, i would caution to putting it in your purse on a hot summer day cuz the texture is so soft that i'm sure that it will just melt.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

How many times do we get it into our heads that we want a certain product and are convinced it will be perfect, and it looks good but in the end you can't keep it because of something else-for me and this product it's how dry, chapped, and swollen my lips are after wearing them. I want to love them. I want to go buy all the colors because they are soft, easy, sheer colors to wear, and initially look great. But after just one night my lips looked swollen (like if I was using a plumper) and are raw in the center. I just can't keep a product like that no matter how much I try to convince myself that they work. It seems not everyone has this problem, just be aware that if it happens to you, it's not your imagination so return it! Maybe I'll try the L'Oreal version now. I really wanted these to work!