July 25, 2014 | 1771 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

This is a pretty good mascara. I wanted to see what all the hype was about so I can see now why people like this mascara. It is not the best ever but it does a pretty good job. Definitely adds some drama to lashes lengthens and volumizes some. Volumizes more than anything but thats obviously what this mascara is aiming for. Wears the whole day and hasn't run either even when my eyes get irritated and water sometimes. Only problem I have is after you apply it some of the lashes clump in a weird way but its easy to seperate them until the mascara dries. I have repurchased time & time again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Amazing stuff! It defines well, lengthens, volumizes, doesn't flake, and lasts pretty much all day. As it ages, it tends to clump a little bit, but much less than most of the others I've tried. And it's dirt cheap. I wish it were more readily available (the only place around here I can find Jordana is Walgreen), but I think I finally found my HG is mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW, so impressed by this! I bought this after reading MUA reviews on it..I used to be mascara-crazy! Trying loads of different brands with all sorts of different wands, formulas, etc. and I always seemed to go back to my trusty Maybelline Waterproof Turbo Boost because it gave me the blackest black, had the glossy natural look I loved, and went on without clumping. But this mascara commitment also meant that my lashes haven't been given much an oomph in terms of volume and length, even with a double coating each day. I never thought I could find anything that compared to this same dark black look, and have since not bought many new types of mascara after trying so many, but I am SOO glad I tried this! It is dark black, loads up with length and volume, and may outshine my original HG! Also it was only $2.99 at Walgreens! I'm only unsure about a tad bit of clumping I got on a lash or two, but I think that was more due to not wiping the wand off before my second coat...Anyways, I highly recommend going out and buying this because it is awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by tennatian1994

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have found my HG mascara now. I used to swear by Covergirl's Lashblast in the fat orange tube, it used to lengthen and volumize perfectly, but would require multiple coats----which is annoying when you are strapped for time and don't feel like spending hours just on your lashes. But lately it hasn't been working the way I used to get, or wanted----and keep in mind my lashes are pretty good to begin with thickness and length wise. However, having the right mascara makes all the difference in the world, likewise having the crappy mascara really messes up your lashes as well. Anway, coming to Jordana mascara now, its seriously the best mascara I've ever used. It both lengthens and volumizes my lashes so well without clumping, to the point of looking like I have falsies on. I really have no complaints, and do not have much more to say, except totally worth the $3.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

WOW!! I bought this mascara after reading all the hype on MakeupAlley and I was NOT disappointed! It's got the nice drier formula that I'm a fan of in mascaras. It builds beautifully and gives me killer dramatic lashes! The only thing I'm not a fan of is that a bit too much product comes out on the brush. I just wipe it on the side of the tube - no big whoop!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by kragey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

The Best Lash Volumizing mascara, which comes in the black and pink packaging, is NOT the same as the Best Lash Extreme Volumizing mascara, which comes in the black and lilac packaging; they have very different brushes, formulas, and results! I really hated the pink-and-black packaging formula and said so, but everyone told me I should try the tube in the lilac-and-black tube, and I am just hooked!

This is an incredibly cheap mascara--I got it for $3.50, but I know some places sell it for as little as $2. It has a very standard wand with a smaller, thinner brush than what I've gotten used to. When you use this mascara--or any mascara, for that matter, but ESPECIALLY this one--you REALLY need to make sure you wipe off the excess product. Otherwise, you'll get way too much product on your lashes, and they'll clump horribly. This is one of two big ways I think they could improve the product: put an anti-clump ring on the inside of the tube.

Beyond that, this product is just plain fantastic. Unlike most volumizing mascaras, it volumizes by separating and coating each lash individually; hence, it may not be the best if you have super-sparse lashes. The look, however, is super-dramatic while still looking kind of natural. It also lengthens like woah.

The only other problem I have with this mascara is that it doesn't layer very well. You can keep applying it while it's still dry, but if you put too much on, it's going to start to look kind of dry and mascara-y. It also doesn't work well over my favorite lash primer, the DiorShow Maximizer, which makes me a bit sad. It's a good enough mascara on its own, though, that I don't entirely mind and would gladly repurchase.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by blueflamingo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara for it's volumizing and lengthening ability, but I can't wear it for the smear/smudge factor. It only takes a couple of hours for the first smudge, and after that it's all downhill. Unfortunately, into the trash it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by ibfan1

Wow. Very nice mascara and I'm quite glad I bought it. Definitely volumizes and adds length to my Asian lashes. It really defines and separates each lash making them very dark, long and thick! It's dirt cheap too as I got it for $2.99 at Walgreens. BUT another thing that I really love about this mascara besides the price and its performance are the ingredients! The first 5 are all completely natural (Water,Beeswax,Carnauba Wax, Sunflower Seed Wax and Chicory Root Extract) and there aren't any really toxic ingredients!
I checked out every single ingredient on EWG Skin Deep and the highest ingredient's toxicity was 5 for Triethanolamine. I believe another 2 ingredients were a 3? Everything else was between 0 and 2. Overall, this definitely a mascara I'll be buying again and again as it works well, is cheap, and is relatively safe! I strongly recommend it!
EDIT: I'd also like to explain exactly how I apply it to make each lash really defined and look like your lashes are just naturally long and thick! Works really great for Asian lashes. Okay, so first you have to curl your lashes. Now, what I do is first get the lash curler as close to my eye as possible and, obviously, curl it. Then slowly move the curler up your lashes and keep curling them all the way up to the tip. My lashes always end up sagging after I put on mascara so I always curl them really tight at this point. If your lashes don't uncurl themselves, then just curl 'em 'till you like how they look. Then you take the mascara brush out of the tube and really try to wipe off as much product as possible onto the inner rim of the tube. And then take the brush and gently wipe any excess onto a piece of paper and maybe squeeze the tip of the brush a bit because product tends to collect there. Now, you're brush should like pretty bare actually, and not look like there's much product. Finally, apply to the lashes. I like to wiggle the brush up the lashes starting from the base and then maybe swipe the tips to make them look longer. You can use a lash comb if they are any clumps (usually I don't get any though) and the lash comb by tweezerman is the one I use. I try to avoid curling my lashes after I've applied mascara, but since my lashes are straight sometimes the curl will fall out too much and I'll have to curl them again. After I do this I always use the lash comb because curling mascara'd lashes always ends up with clumps. I usually apply 1-2 coats, but beyond 3 it'll start to get kinda clumpy.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Neopatra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gloppy, gummy and messy to apply. Gives lashes a strange texture, as if someone had dropped crumbs into the mascara. Gave it two tries, washed it off and threw it away.

UPDATE: Okay. I bought a new tube and tried it, and this time it fulfilled all of its promises. The first tube I bought must have been old or a bad batch or something. But yeah, this is a very good mascara, especially for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Heartkeepsake

I recently got this mascara due to the great reviews on makeupalley. So thanks everyone !(: i have to say that i really like this mascara. I actually brought the other one the first time by mistake,( The best lash which has pink lettering instead of purple) because the packaging is so similar! But i have to say, that the best lash extreme volumizing one (purple) is WAY BETTER than the best lash one(pink).

The pink one tends to smudge and flake on me. The pink one is more natural and i find it gives the same effect that Maybelline's Full and Soft gives me. But i really cant deal with the smudging and flaking. The flakes get into my eye and my eyes start getting all red and watery, which is a nonooo !

BUT ! the purple one, omg the purple one, i really love it. I find it gives the same effect that my beloved Covergirl Lash Blast gives me; But this is wayyy cheaper (3 dollars vs 11 dollars in nyc)! And the brush on this one is smaller, which i find easier to work with. Also, i find that one coat of this mascara gives the same effect as 2 coats of lash blast! Can this mascara get any better !

My only complaint for this mascara is, it comes only in one shade, which is black, but the black is a pretty dramatic black, not gray toned or a soft black but a BLACKBLACK. I also find that when i apply the mascara my lashes look nice but after a few seconds, my lash tips start to change shape a little, so i have to use my fingers to press it back to shape. It also takes a little more time to completely dry. But the pros of this mascara definitely outweighs the cons ! If you like lash blast,you should like this mascara. But its definitely not for someone looking for a natural look.