November 27, 2014 | 1626 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by curlycolor

This one ended in up the garbage can. I tried to make it work, I really did. I bought into the MUA hype about how miraculous it is, and though the folks here are generally right on the mark, not so in this case. Appiication and formula were just all right, but the deal breaker was the horrible black smudges. I had the worst raccoon eyes you can imagine.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

So I tried this a while back and didn't think it was all that great. Then the boards were blowing up about how wonderful this stuff was so I tried it again. Yep, still not that great.

I have very long lashes but I need some help in the volume department. I found that this does an OK job at adding volume but made my lashes clump together something fierce.

The wand is small and has very compact bristles which just sort of wipes the mascara on instead of wrapping each lash with product. The formula is drier, which is a plus in my book, but again, nothing to rant and rave about. After a few hours of wear, this really irritated my eyes; gave me itchy lashes!

Won't purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Everyone on MUA flipped their lids over this mascara. "It's $2 and AHH-MAAH-ZING," they all seemed to trill in unision. I am a mascara snob. I stand behind Diorshow/Diorshow Blackout/Chanel Inimitable and I do not listen to haters who say these mascaras are overpriced because I feel like they're worth the hefty pricetag. But MUA's MU board is even more discerning than I am about most things, so if they're raving over $2 makeup, I have to find my shoes and haul it down to Walgreens, don't I?

First of all, it was $3.49 at my Walgreens. WHATEVER, it's a small price to pay for what one MUAer on Cafe called, "Sex for your lashes," am I right?

I want to find that MUAer and ask her what sort of sex she's been having, because if it's anything like Jordana BLEVM (interesting that the first three initials sound like BLEH) then I feel very, very sorry for her.

Okay, it's not a bad mascara. But really, all I could think was, "This is it?" I don't get the hype. At all. It smells funny. And the effect is non-existant, basically. It just made my lashes look a little bit glossy. It didn't volumize or define very much; my lashes more or less look pretty natural, albeit slightly more glossy. I'm keeping it in my emergency makeup bag, but I definitely won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by DianaMarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Read great reviews, loved the price and the look but it irritated my eyes from the moment I put it on. I had never had that problem before - tried it several times more and got the same irritation. I didn't like the smell of it either. I will stick with Maybelline's Great Lash and L'oreal's Voluminous. Tarte makes a great mascara but the price is high for a product that needs constant replacing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by sukayna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after seeing all the raves on MUB and i'm glad i did! I have fairly long, dark lashes to begin with but I am always looking for something to add volume and add even a bit more length. This works amazingly. The formula is not too dry but not too wet, so it works without weighing my lashes down. As long as you apply it quickly, you should be able to build dramatic, long DARK thick lashes. Best of all it washes off easily, something which is important to me with a mascara because I want to minimize the chance of losing lashes as much as possible. I've tried Dior show, Lashblast, greatlash, YSL faux cils, too faced lash injection, Benefit They're real, all the lancome mascaras, and more but this wins over all of them! I will definitely repurchase, I can see this becoming a staple for me-it may even replace my beloved IMJU fiberwig (great but pricey for a mascara). $3 well spent!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by RingofFire

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So far I am liking this. This is maybe my second day but gives my lashes a nice length without clumping. As long as you QUICKLY apply with upward strokes and let dry, you should have no problem. I only do my upper lashes and do not use a curler. My lashes are skimpy (see profile pics) but IRL with the product on it looks much thicker and gives them a nice natural length. I was able to remove this with a more oily remover without much lash fallout (deal breaker for me) and wipes to make sure all it was off. I was looking for something totally smudge-proof but I would have to buy a waterproof mascara. This is not totally water/smudgeproof but seems to stay on with regular wear --just don't take a nap (scrunch your face into a pillow;) or by accident rub your eyes. I am guessing this may be due to the fact its summer and very humid where I am. I usually try to wear a moisturizing concealer underneath, so no non- waterproof mascara is going to stay on perfectly, unless I prime my under-eye area with some powder. I found when I do this it pretty much is still on at the end of my work day which can be 10-12 hours. I would like to thank the fellow MUA er who suggested this. At 3.00 it cannot be beat. I love the simple black and purple packaging. Looks more like an expensive mascara you would get at Sephora. I purchased a second tube just in case. I hope Jordana does not discontinue this.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by juicyluvr75

Maybe i got a bad batch, just like the review below me. I really wanted to like this product, it had so much promise. It came out looking goopy and my lashes stuck together no matter how hard i tried. My lashes also hardened really quickly. The formula was very wet. I was pretty disappointed with this product but it was cheap, so you get what you pay for.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by rasputin7261

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

well i hate to be a lone dissenter, but yeah, this is not good. i don't if i got a bad batch, but if not, i really don't like this product. it is way too wet right out of the tube and went on very goopy. by the time i could run a lash comb through, my lashes had hardened and cemented into black clumps. scary. definitely a spidery, spikey look - which is not what i want from mascara. i much prefer a softer, more natural look. great price, but not worth it when its virtually unusable. very disappointing considering all the hype.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by AmandaHW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said? Is this the best mascara I have ever tried? Well, no. Is this the best drugstore mascara I have ever tried? Hands down, yes. This is a great nice black mascara that works amazingly well for the $2.99 pricetag at Walgreens. I will continue to purchase this as an everyday mascara. The only reason I have it 4 lippies vice 5 is that it does clump on me if I try to apply too many coats...but honestly for 2.99 this is hands down the best everyday mascara I have ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I am so glad that I bought this product. I picked it up at Walgreens, I had originally gone into the store to look for a Wet N' Wild eyeshadow, which they didn't have. So I thought "Well okay, I'll feel weird walking out of here with nothing. I'll just look around a bit."

So I wandered over to the "cheap" makeup counter as I call it, where they sell the Sinful Colors and the other affordable makeup. I saw this stuff, and in the picture it looked like it had a really nice brush on it, and it was about three bucks, so I thought "Why not?"

As soon as I got home I took off my makeup from the day to test it out, and WOW. This really is the definition of "Bang for your buck", it's awesome.

I guess I could almost compare it to L'oreal Voluminous, although much less goopy/wet, and the brush is a bit skinnier but it seems like there's more bristles packed in there (for comparison between the two, if you're familiar with the Voluminous).

Thickens your lashes and makes them longer, too. I'll definitely be buying this stuff again, might check out more form Jordana as well.

I don't actually have that much trouble getting it off... I use Avon's eye makeup remover lotion and it comes off fine, I do need to do a couple more swipes over my eye and at the base of my eyelashes to get it all off, but it's not bad.

Overall, this stuff is amazing, especially for the price. Definitely something I think everyone should try out!