October 21, 2014 | 1645 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by rasputin7261

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

well i hate to be a lone dissenter, but yeah, this is not good. i don't if i got a bad batch, but if not, i really don't like this product. it is way too wet right out of the tube and went on very goopy. by the time i could run a lash comb through, my lashes had hardened and cemented into black clumps. scary. definitely a spidery, spikey look - which is not what i want from mascara. i much prefer a softer, more natural look. great price, but not worth it when its virtually unusable. very disappointing considering all the hype.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by AmandaHW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said? Is this the best mascara I have ever tried? Well, no. Is this the best drugstore mascara I have ever tried? Hands down, yes. This is a great nice black mascara that works amazingly well for the $2.99 pricetag at Walgreens. I will continue to purchase this as an everyday mascara. The only reason I have it 4 lippies vice 5 is that it does clump on me if I try to apply too many coats...but honestly for 2.99 this is hands down the best everyday mascara I have ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I am so glad that I bought this product. I picked it up at Walgreens, I had originally gone into the store to look for a Wet N' Wild eyeshadow, which they didn't have. So I thought "Well okay, I'll feel weird walking out of here with nothing. I'll just look around a bit."

So I wandered over to the "cheap" makeup counter as I call it, where they sell the Sinful Colors and the other affordable makeup. I saw this stuff, and in the picture it looked like it had a really nice brush on it, and it was about three bucks, so I thought "Why not?"

As soon as I got home I took off my makeup from the day to test it out, and WOW. This really is the definition of "Bang for your buck", it's awesome.

I guess I could almost compare it to L'oreal Voluminous, although much less goopy/wet, and the brush is a bit skinnier but it seems like there's more bristles packed in there (for comparison between the two, if you're familiar with the Voluminous).

Thickens your lashes and makes them longer, too. I'll definitely be buying this stuff again, might check out more form Jordana as well.

I don't actually have that much trouble getting it off... I use Avon's eye makeup remover lotion and it comes off fine, I do need to do a couple more swipes over my eye and at the base of my eyelashes to get it all off, but it's not bad.

Overall, this stuff is amazing, especially for the price. Definitely something I think everyone should try out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hell Yes I'd buy this product again! OMG. I kept hearing all these raves here on MUA about this cheap mascara being so awesome & great & phenomenal & all that good stuff. There's somebody on the makeup board always talking about it. Naturally, when I was @ Kmart the other day & spotted it for $2.99 I had to grab it. This truly is totally A-mazing!! I love both HE & DS products, and have had my fair share of mascaras in every price range. I gotta say, this by far surpasses most of them. I don't think my lashes have ever been this long before. It just performs beautifully.

I have zero smudging, flaking, smearing, drooping, clumping, spidery lashes, none of any of that crap. Just gorgeous long, dark black lashes that hold a curl & aren't all hard & crunchy feeling (pet peeve of mine, I despise mascaras that give me those type of crispy lashes). It's not too dry, & not too wet of a formula either, it's the perfect balance imo. I know this is called volumizing, but I'd say it's definitely more lengthening. You do get volume, don't get me wrong, but the length is just amazing. My lashes touch my eyebrows when I open my eyes when I wear this stuff. And it comes off easily with my makeup remover, or soap & water. Highly, highly recommend! This is a great example that,"you get what you pay for," isn't always true. I never would've known about this if it weren't for MUA, I love this site! **I MUST go buy many, many backups like the freak that I am for fear they'll discontinue it!**

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by dokoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on all the great reviews here, of course. I'm in NYC and picked it up at the Kmart near Penn Station for $3. At first I was more than a little disappointed and thought this was one of those products that worked for everyone else but missed the mark for me. On its own it gave me spidery, clumpy lashes and refused to hold a curl. However, layered on top of my trusty Shiseido lash primer, I now see what the hype was about. My lashes look super long! Plus, (this is a miracle for me) no smudging! I did find it was a little difficult to remove, but I think it'll be worth it for me based on the price and performance.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Cristy1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After trying countless mascaras in the 20+ years that I have been using mascara, both high end and drugstore brands, this ultra-cheap mascara is amazing. What a well-kept secret! The only reason I knew about it was because of you guys---thank you! It thickens decently, lengthens, and best of all holds a curl all day without smudging. I don't really understand the complaints from others about it being difficult to remove; I just wash my entire face, eyes included, with Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover ( my new favorite cleanser...it's so awesome...I could eat it) and the mascara just comes right off, all of it. I barely have to swipe under my eyes with e.m. remover. So if you are looking for an amazing cheap mascara, definitely give this one a try. You can find it at Walgreen's. Go now!
UPDATE: I still like this mascara; it still adds volume, lengthens, curls and lasts all day, but it's really wet and sticky. I find that it makes my lashes stick together very easily when applying and I have to be quick about separating them with a spoolie. But still a good mascara for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by dmd1

This is a great mascara for this (or any) price; however, it was IMPOSSIBLE to remove, which is a deal-breaker for me. It is not labelled as waterproof and yet it was impossible to remove with anything but waterproof mascara remover. It's a shame, b/c it thickened and lengthened beautifully, and did not smudge at all. The search continues....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I knew MUA's advice on a good mascara was spot-on when it took me 2 weeks to finally find the product! I was successful at K-Mart's and for $3 it was a steal, and by the way, the very last one on the hook!

First, after I opened the package, I examined the wand. I found it to be small, with tiny "teeth". I am not an expert in mascara, btw. I usually use the freebie ones in gwp at highend beauty products at the department store.

Anyways, the teeth of the wand separated my lashes and made application a dream. They were wet, though & you have to be careful during the first couple minutes to let the lashes dry so the mascara won't bleed or transfer to any other area. The lashes were indeed longer, and because I have few lashes, they did appear spidery but I didn't care. I'm dealing with stubborn, short, straight lashes that are a major pain, so when I find a product that reverses these setbacks, I'm a happy camper. When it came to applying my eye makeup remover at the end of the day, it was super easy peasy. I didn't have to keep wetting my cotton round, and applying and re-applying.

Grade: A

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by smurfettesg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love this mascara, its tied with four or five others for my second favorite, gives me thick long lashes that are very black and its so inexpensive, i have repurchased a couple of times already, only thing that bothers me is it has kind of a strong smell, but not enough for me not to use it, i will keep buying and keep loving it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This did not work for me at all! I love that it's really black but that's about it. My lashes look brittle when I put this on and the curl goes away within an hour and I need to keep the curl! It tried wiping the excess product on a tissue to prevent my lashes from looking spidery and it did help but the curl still went away. I still prefer my Full & Soft Waterproof.