Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.3

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 6/6/2003 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I tried this simply b/c I'm always trying new things, even though I already have what I consider to be my HG cleanser (L'Oreal Pure Zone Foaming Gel Cleanser for oily skin). This one comes out as a foam from a pump dispenser. Firstly, it's a LOT less dense foam than my previous foaming gel created, so I wasn't sure at how well it would cleanse. It did the job, surprisingly. Next, since I'm used to denser foam, I use two or three pumps (which still does not seem dense enough) per wash, but it does seem to cleanse the skin anyhow. I wear light coverage foundation, and it seems to clear it away nicely, and removes my eye makeup too (if you carefully massage it onto your eye area while having them tightly shut). I don't know if it's any better or worse in terms of complexion clearing since my skin is pretty good, but I will say that I haven't broken out using it. And a major point would be that it doesn't dry my skin out. My Pure Zone cleanser did dry my skin out sometimes, but never had that with this one. This seems to be a gentler, yet just as effective, cleanser for the same price. Not sure if I like it better than Pure Zone though, PZ has kept my skin impeccable for almost a year now. I'd still buy it again though if I felt like a change, and since it's not drying, I think I'll use it in the winter. (PZ is very drying in the winter, even for my super oily skin).
continued >>

on 6/2/2003 1:10:00 AM

I love this cleanser. I like the light foamy texture, which creates a lather once on my face. I don't wear much makeup, so I'm not sure how it does on makeup removal. I do admit that it hasn't prevented breakouts for me, but I didn't expect it to be a lifesaver with .5% salicylic acid. Even treatment with 2% doesn't clear my skin and will eventually irritatie it at that percentage anyway. Besides, how can you expect a cleanser to be a good acne fighter, when it just gets rinsed back off with water? I may try using the clear complexion lotion and see how they work together.

on 5/30/2003 5:51:00 PM

This worked pretty well, but I didn't notice a great difference in clearer skin. Sometimes my skin didn't feel clean enough after using it--like it didn't do a thorough job. It didn't break me out, though, so I gave it an average rating.

on 5/28/2003 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This wash soothes my skin and doesn't dry. The pump dispenses the liquid into a puff of foam, one puff does my face, so I imagine this bottle will last a while. Best drugstore product in this category I've ever used.

on 5/26/2003 5:30:00 PM

I thought this would be a great cleanser to stop breakouts and get rid of my blemishes, especially since it got great reviews. It cleaned my face very well at first but my breakouts have not stopped, and my blemishes are still there. It also has fragrance which can cause breakouts and I think it might have stearates, another ingredient that causes breakouts. Will not purchase again.

on 5/19/2003 10:00:00 PM

Another good cleanser for my oily skin. I been using it for a while and purchased toner to go with it.
Nice, not very drying a good alternative to my other cleansers since I have to change them when they don't work on my weird skin.

on 5/6/2003 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great everyday cleanser for my oily skin, and well worth the price, but I will not repurchase. The pump dispenser has begun sticking so much that every pump I have to pull the dumb thing back up again. Maybe I'm just lazy, but this thing is bothersome enough I don't want to use it.

on 4/25/2003 10:57:00 AM

This stuff is great. It is gentle yet effective. I combined it with the Positively Radiant moisturizer and my skin improved in a week. It doesn't strip your skin. No need for toner but I use some anyway as an additional acne-prevention step. The only thing I dislike is sometimes the pump sticks. However it dispenses the product in a foamy light-as-air manner which is great. Best results if you use your fingertips and massage gently into damp skin for 30 seconds- 1 minute to give the salycitic acid time to work. Appears to be my HG cleanser!

on 4/10/2003 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

When I stopped taking my pill, I unexpectedly experienced acne - bad - and I thought my acne days were over. I am so greatful for this product. I tried, at first once a day, and my acne was gone in two days. To prevent future break-outs, I am using it twice a day and using the moisturizer once a day.

on 4/4/2003 11:40:00 PM

I'm using this with the clear complexion toner and moisturizer as well. My skin is pretty normal, I get few breakouts and little oil or dryness. This stuff is perfect for me. It's so gentle yet effective and really helps improve your complexion. I even stopped using this for a while and went back to my neutrogena face wash to see if blemishes came back. To my surprise...they did. I switched back to this and they're gone again, I think I'll stick with this stuff. One bottle lasts forever I use this once every day (4 pumps), I've had it for MONTHS and there's still tons left.