Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 5/6/2003 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great everyday cleanser for my oily skin, and well worth the price, but I will not repurchase. The pump dispenser has begun sticking so much that every pump I have to pull the dumb thing back up again. Maybe I'm just lazy, but this thing is bothersome enough I don't want to use it.

on 4/25/2003 10:57:00 AM

This stuff is great. It is gentle yet effective. I combined it with the Positively Radiant moisturizer and my skin improved in a week. It doesn't strip your skin. No need for toner but I use some anyway as an additional acne-prevention step. The only thing I dislike is sometimes the pump sticks. However it dispenses the product in a foamy light-as-air manner which is great. Best results if you use your fingertips and massage gently into damp skin for 30 seconds- 1 minute to give the salycitic acid time to work. Appears to be my HG cleanser!

on 4/10/2003 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

When I stopped taking my pill, I unexpectedly experienced acne - bad - and I thought my acne days were over. I am so greatful for this product. I tried, at first once a day, and my acne was gone in two days. To prevent future break-outs, I am using it twice a day and using the moisturizer once a day.

on 4/4/2003 11:40:00 PM

I'm using this with the clear complexion toner and moisturizer as well. My skin is pretty normal, I get few breakouts and little oil or dryness. This stuff is perfect for me. It's so gentle yet effective and really helps improve your complexion. I even stopped using this for a while and went back to my neutrogena face wash to see if blemishes came back. To my surprise...they did. I switched back to this and they're gone again, I think I'll stick with this stuff. One bottle lasts forever I use this once every day (4 pumps), I've had it for MONTHS and there's still tons left.

on 4/3/2003 11:28:00 AM

This has been the best face wash that I have used in years! Because it only contains .5 sal acid, it doesn't dry out my skin but still helps to clear up any belmishes on my acne-prone skin! I use it along with the clear complexion moisturizer, and I love them both. Definitely worth a try if your skin gets dried out easily.

on 3/16/2003 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Thought this product sounded too good to be true, and it was for me. It did nothing to help clear my skin - it may have made things worse. I switched to Alpha Hydrox Facial Cleaner, another drugstore brand, and like it much better.

on 3/5/2003 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I had never tried a foaming cleaser, but after reading rave reviews here, I had to try. I loved the feel and scent of it and I thought it did a good job of preventing breaking outs ... well, for the first two days anyway. After that, I started breaking out. I would recommend Purpose Cleansing Wash instead.

on 2/28/2003 9:35:00 PM

I am hoping this product will keep on delivering the great results so far. UPDATE!!!- IT HAS!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!
**********

I just switched over to this face wash after reading reviews here and other web sites. I LOVE IT! I doesn't dry out my face...it has a pleasant smell...it lathers great, and I think it takes all my makeup off with one wash (excluding eye makeup).
I am really hoping it keeps my oily skin under control. In the past few days my skin has looked and felt great...I am hoping I don't jinx myself by writing this review...but it is a wonder product!

on 2/23/2003 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was happy with this at first, but it has stopped working and my zits are still here :(

on 2/10/2003 9:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have been on a facial care rampage lately, trying to help my combo/oily skin return to a somewhat normal state. I had heard good things about Aveeno products so i decided to give their Clear Complexion Line the ole college try. This was a very nice, self-foaming cleanser and didn't dry out my skin. It also didn't do anything to clear up my blemished forehead.