Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 4/4/2003 11:40:00 PM

I'm using this with the clear complexion toner and moisturizer as well. My skin is pretty normal, I get few breakouts and little oil or dryness. This stuff is perfect for me. It's so gentle yet effective and really helps improve your complexion. I even stopped using this for a while and went back to my neutrogena face wash to see if blemishes came back. To my surprise...they did. I switched back to this and they're gone again, I think I'll stick with this stuff. One bottle lasts forever I use this once every day (4 pumps), I've had it for MONTHS and there's still tons left.

on 4/3/2003 11:28:00 AM

This has been the best face wash that I have used in years! Because it only contains .5 sal acid, it doesn't dry out my skin but still helps to clear up any belmishes on my acne-prone skin! I use it along with the clear complexion moisturizer, and I love them both. Definitely worth a try if your skin gets dried out easily.

on 3/16/2003 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Thought this product sounded too good to be true, and it was for me. It did nothing to help clear my skin - it may have made things worse. I switched to Alpha Hydrox Facial Cleaner, another drugstore brand, and like it much better.

on 3/5/2003 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I had never tried a foaming cleaser, but after reading rave reviews here, I had to try. I loved the feel and scent of it and I thought it did a good job of preventing breaking outs ... well, for the first two days anyway. After that, I started breaking out. I would recommend Purpose Cleansing Wash instead.

on 2/28/2003 9:35:00 PM

I am hoping this product will keep on delivering the great results so far. UPDATE!!!- IT HAS!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!
**********

I just switched over to this face wash after reading reviews here and other web sites. I LOVE IT! I doesn't dry out my face...it has a pleasant smell...it lathers great, and I think it takes all my makeup off with one wash (excluding eye makeup).
I am really hoping it keeps my oily skin under control. In the past few days my skin has looked and felt great...I am hoping I don't jinx myself by writing this review...but it is a wonder product!

on 2/23/2003 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was happy with this at first, but it has stopped working and my zits are still here :(

on 2/10/2003 9:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have been on a facial care rampage lately, trying to help my combo/oily skin return to a somewhat normal state. I had heard good things about Aveeno products so i decided to give their Clear Complexion Line the ole college try. This was a very nice, self-foaming cleanser and didn't dry out my skin. It also didn't do anything to clear up my blemished forehead.

on 12/16/2002 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is awesome. Honestly, I was worried that it would dry out my sensitive skin that tends to get sort of clogged and breaks out sometimes.

My skin is now totally clear and looks brighter. I didn't like the clear complexion toner, however. It was too harsh.

on 11/23/2002 5:11:00 AM

So far, I am very pleased with this product. I agree with the previous poster about everything she said! I had been battling a breakout for about a week and it was not going away. I picked up this cleanser and 2 days later, my face is now clear. Yay! =) I have sensitive skin prone to clogged pores, but my skin can't handle 2% Salicylic Acid, so the 0.5% that is contained in the Aveeno "Clear Complexion" products seem to do the trick for me. (fyi: I am using this cleanser in conjunction with the "Clear Complexion" moisturizer.)