April 18, 2014 | 1346 users online

Concealers - Hard Candy - Glamoflauge Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 3:03:00 AM More reviews by HayleeB

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm in love with this concealer...
I've been looking for a nice concealer for use on blemishes and darkened spots, maybe even on under eye circles. so when I saw a video of a girl putting this concealer on a tattoo and it covered it COMPLETELY, I knew I had to try it. If it could cover up a tattoo, I'm sure it could cover up the slight (yet very red) scarring on my chin. And it did! It takes away all redness from my blemishes and makes them virtually invisible.

Most liquid concealers I use, they sit on the blemish and look fine, but when I go outdoors into the natural light, the blemish easily shows through. With cream concealers, the coverage is good but it looks so gross and cakey on the skin.
But this concealer... it's not necessarily a liquid, but it's not a full on cream, either. A little in between. and it glides on so smoothly. Not cakey at all (when you use the product correctly of course).

There are a few cons with this concealer, though. The first being that you have to be very careful with the amount you squeeze out of the tube. I guess it's not that bad, but it is if you don't exactly have much time to be precise (e.g. in the mornings and such). The first time I used it, I squeezed a small dollop onto my palette and when I began brushing it onto my face, it stretched out from my chin to my forehead! So a little goes a VERY long way, so come to think of it, it's not a con at all. But you must be very careful. ;)

Another con would have to be the color selection. It's not very wide at all. I use Light. And it is a little too yellowy and bright for my skin. However that isn't too much of an issue as I can easily put foundation and bronzer over it.

All in all I would definitely recommend this to a friend and I would repurchase for sure. For six bucks you get tons of high quality product. I am so happy to find a drug store product I am impressed with!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

This is so so. I am big on concealers and it took me a year to finally get my hands on this product, so I definitely had high hopes. However, I didn't find it to have the very full coverage everyone says this concealer has. I tried many concealers ranging from lighter coverage to heavier coverage, and I would put this in the medium coverage range.
The main reason I wanted this product so badly is because I wanted a concealer that would FULLY cover my very dark circles. The concealer gave average coverage. I don't find the concealer to be drying, I mean, it is oil based isn't it? It also does not break me out. I also don't find this concealer to oxidize.The lasting power is not bad, I would say it fades after 4 hours. But it isn't a blotchy kind of fade, its a even fade. The little concealer pencil is cute. I LOVE it on my waterline. It also works well for further defining my eyebrows and lips.
I found the glamoflauge to transfer very easily and so it can wear off easily. Setting this with a powder is a must! I would also prefer my products to be water based, Also, the shade range is very poor, but that doesn't affect the actual product itself. It really sucks if you have a deeper skin tone, because I say this product is still worth a try. I think they should at least double what they have now.. like adding a very fair shade, a shade between medium and tan, a deep tan shade, and a true deep shade. I know some might find this concealer to be too thick or oily, but I don't have a problem with that. I also want to comment on the separation of HC's products. In my experience, HC tinted moisturizer, foundation have separated on me before, and others have mentioned it. Just a heads up, It's very easy to pick up a bad patch of product. I notice that one tube of my concealer is significantly drier than the other. Also, the concealer will separate over time, even if it didn't start out that way.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by xVanniex

Hot Damn! Those were along the lines of what I was thinking when I picked this up at a local Walmart. From the reviews online, it's apparently comparable to MUFE's Full cover concealer. And from what i've seen in pictures, the packaging sure does look alike. Personally I haven't tried it but after tiring of my Pro Longwear concealer, I decided what the hay? I'll jump & try the dupe. Fast forward to now... Dreams currently killed. NO MATTER WHAT I DO, THIS ALWAYS CAKES UP!!!! It looks fake and you can definitely notice it on. Whether I've applied primer, used it bare, it just doesn't look good. That being said, the coverage is AMAZING! Wow, for drugstore, it sure covers a hell of a lot. It's like Revlon Colorstay all over again except it's a concealer xD But back to the product, it comes in three shades: light, medium, and tan. Obviously, the shades won't universally work for everybody considering the limiting amount of choices but if you're lucky to find something that works for you, then good! I got this in the darkest shade, tan, and for my nc40 skintone, it's just a tad light. But after putting on my foundation, it all evens out. I can't say i'm terribly disappointed since it was only $6 but yeah...

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Luscious1104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty good concealer but not my favorite. It's sort of a watery consistancy and find myself using another concealer on top for better coverage. It also creases really, really bad :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by hahalex21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think I may have too high of expectations of concealers, but I have acne scars and the occasional blemish to cover, and this concealer definitely makes a difference, but it doesn't make everything disappear without the product being obviously visible. It does wonders for under my eyes, though it tends to set in the lines there and it needs to be blended back out. I wish there were more color choices, as I need one with more pink undertones than yellow, but this concealer will work. A little goes a long way so it will last a very long time. The squeeze tube is fabulous, you get exactly the amount you need and it's not messy at all. I definitely will repurchase, no question about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by allison41

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great concealer! I've tried a ton of them (high end and drugstore) and this one works really well- plus it's only $6! I use it under my eyes and a little goes a long way! It can definitely get cakey if you use too much since it is so heavy duty. Mixing it with a little moisturizer works well too.
The only con I can think of is that it only comes in 3 shades, so it's definitely not going to work for all skin tones, unfortunately.
Overall, I like it and will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by californiagirl103

This is a very good concealer for the price. It covers up mostly everything, but I am unsatisfied with the color selection. There is only 3 shades- light, medium and dark. The light is a little too white for me and the medium is too dark. I bought the light and I just put darker setting powder over it and it works out perfectly. A little goes a loooong way, a tiny tiny amount will cover up your dark circles. I doubt i will be running out of this any time soon, and when i do, i will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by mdose23

HG under-eye concealor for sure!! This is the ONLY product I've found to cover up my dark under-eye circles.. especially in college I get very little sleep and I look like I'm glowing after I use this. It even stays on when I worked out for 2+ hours. The only problem I've had with it is that when you sweat (at the gym, in the summer, etc..) it occasionally creases eeeever so slightly. But just stippling my finger over it to rub it back in does the trick and it's perfect again. LOVE THIS!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by mp15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good product for the price. A little, and when I say little I mean sand grain size, goes a looong way. The packaging is adorable the squeeze tube is very easy to use. Just a little drying, but if you have a good moisturizer then you are set. It's a little orange but translucent powders always fix that for me. I would recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by sarahann1994

This is just an average concealer. I have been using this everyday for about a month now, and I can honestly say that my skin looks worse than before. I don't use much (mostly under eye circles) but when I need to cover up a blemish, it looks chalky and thick after about an hour. It does cover very well, but it does not stay on at all. I will probably repurchase though because it's cheap and easy to find.