September 2, 2014 | 1678 users online

Concealers - Hard Candy - Glamoflauge Concealer - heavy duty

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by BeatFaceBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a few months now and I like it for the price but I don't exactly love it :/ I have it in Tan which works with minimal blending. The packaging is nice, liking the squeeze tube. You get a ton of product that will last to the end of time, a little goes a very long way. I use it to cover hyperpigmentation spots and the slight darkness under my eyes, Works great for the latter, no creasing on me and I have a lot of folds under the eyes, just set it right after application with a good powder. Also can be a little drying so moisturize a few mins. Before application well. As for the hyperpigmentation spots, not so well, doesn't completely cover them just tones them down a little, which is really weird because I used it once out of curiosity on my tattoos and they were almost gone, maybe I'm just over blending. The thing I absolutely love is the little concealer pencil it comes with, I use it almost everyday on my waterline and it stays all day :) gives the eyes a lot of brightness and pop. I really wish they would make a full sized one, I love these little things and am terrified of losing them, lol. I will keep using Glamoflauge till I find something better, won't repurchase because I have two tubes, so I'll never in a million years run out :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by ambdoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product does exactly what it is meant to; to camoflauge any dark bags under the eyes, or the stubborn scars and pimples. However, the product is so thick and slides very easily. It creases in no time at all, even with my best and most expensive powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by misspri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of the best concealers I've ever tried. A little goes a long way, and the product does not fade.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by piggywiggy777

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a true miracle! I have been using cheap concealer sticks and never thought to use a liquid one. It covers up very nice. I don't recommend using this for undereye bags or dark circles, just cuz it may sit in the creases of undereye lines and might look cakey:/ I was just playing around with this concealer and thought, "I wonder how it would look as a foundation?!" I tried it and....I was shocked!!! This is better than revlon colorstay foundation, maybeline dreame smooth mouse, fit me, rimmel long lasting 25 hour foundation, and many more I've tried! this is the PERFECT foundation!!! It's like discovering dinosours!!!:D
You can make this into a dewy, matt, or light foundation..here's some tips on how to acheive your favorite type of foundation just using this product:

For a dewy face- start by using either vaseline, your favorite face oil (olive,tee tree,etc), or a lightly greecy lotion/mousterizer. Then, apply less than a pea amount of the concealer to your finger and evenly apply this to problem areas.

For a more matt look- use less than a pea amount of concealer and spread that evenly throught the entire face, and then pat face with your favorite setting powder.

For a clean, fresh, light finish- start with a light mousterizer, maybe with spf in it? and add a thin layer (smaller than a pea amount) over problem areas...then spread evenly through the skin:)

Hope this helps someone..
I don't have any cons about this product, and will buy it until i'm 80!:D I am off my search for the perfect foundation/concealer from now on...GO BUY IT!!!!!<3

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by svmgv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Picked this up about a year ago for dirt cheap on a whim. Wasn't expecting great performance because of this, but I was blown away - they weren't kidding about the "heavy duty" part! Completely opaque and concentrated - after daily use I still have about half a tube left. Easily the most concentrated concealer I have ever used (Benefit's Boi-ing comes to mind as a vastly inferior alternative). Imagine it would hold up well as a scar cover, comparable to some of the medical concealers around. Not crazy about the way it smells, but I mix it with foundation and moisturizer so it's not noticeable when on. Have never broken out from this but don't have sensitive skin. Not sure what the pencil was for, have never used it. It's too concentrated to be used directly under the eyes, but I have mixed it with other things first and gotten great results (not in a Touche Eclat way, though). Loses one point for inaccurate shade depiction (the bottle is opaque); bought when I was tan & fair looked right, but what came out of the bottle was a good two shades lighter than what the outside of the bottle looked like.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by koalaluff

EDIT, 3/4/13: For the past few months, this product hasn't worked as well. ): It applies cakey, fades after a few hours, and just doesn't cover as well as it did before. I assume it's because of the separation I mentioned in my original review, but maybe my skin changed? I think it's a good concealer for its price and only if you only go out for a few hours. If you're looking for an all-day concealer, keep searching.

------------------------------------------

As long as this is around, I won't ever need to look for another concealer!

I have many acne scars (and constantly getting more). This product covers them wonderfully. I only use this on my blemishes, not undereyes. It is extremely concentrated and a small dot covers large areas of both my cheeks. Medium is a tad too dark for my NC25 skin, but it's not noticeable after applying foundation ON TOP.

In my experience, it has only looked a bit cakey when I put powder (pressed and loose) foundation over it, but with liquid, it looks fine.

I purchased the Olay Cleansing Brush, similar to the Clarisonic, and after using it for a few days and putting this concealer on, people have been telling me that my face looks a lot clearer and my complexion looks better. Maybe it means this product works better on skin that's cleaner?? The change is visible in pictures too.

I did not give this product a 4 because as others said, the formula separates. I have not had the problem yet but I imagine that I will because the separation is visible from the bottle.

I have worn this with and without a face primer. Unlike other concealers, I did not experience a difference in coverage or how much product I had to apply to get the same effect.
My face did produce more oil, but I don't know whether that's from the concealer or only the foundation I wore.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by FrozenLips

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This concealer is not a full coverage concealer like everyone claims it to be. I would call this more of a coverage between medium and full. I don't like the finish of this product at all. Unlike other concealers this does not set matte because it doesn't dry it stays tacky which is not a good thing for oily skinned people. For the color match, I'm an NC20 and picked up medium which is a bit too dark for me, but I manage to make it work in the summer . I suggest for NC20s to get light instead though. I'm still going to keep on looking for a concealer that has fuller coverage and with a better finish than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This will definitely cover anything you need to cover; I probably wouldn't use it under my eyes because it is quite thick. If you don't have any major blemishes or spots, you probably don't need a concealer this heavy, but it's great to have on hand and it hasn't broken me out at all (I've been using it for a few months now). Also, it comes with a lot, so unless you're actually using it to cover tattoos, one tube will probably last quite a while. It's quite a bargain!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by billa2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really do love this stuff, I've been using this consistently for almost a year and I still have over half of the tube left! You really only need a tiny amount since this product is so pigmented, I'm around an NC40-42 and the shade tan matches me perfectly. I will say that this concealer is pretty drying if used under the eyes (I took off a lippie for this) however I just put a very generous amount of moisturizer beforehand

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by anniekwan

I love this product. It covers so well. I like to use under my eyes and blemished. The consistency may be too thick for some people's likings. I would recommend this.