August 1, 2014 | 1030 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by phoebemarch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Normally I'm not a big foundation girl (I prefer my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer), but after trying this out at a friend's house, I ran to the drugstore the next day to pick it up. At first glance, Ivory, the lightest color of the bunch, looks very dark, especially for someone like me who has extremely pale skin. However, I found the formula to go on smoothy and blend easily, giving a medium coverage finish while still feeling like I was wearing nothing. I would consider this foundation to be more of a foundation/tinted moisturizer hybrid. The other nice perk about this foundation is that the package is actually telling the truth when it says that it lasts for 25 hours (I haven't actually tested it for 25 hours, but it does stay on all day). While the limited color selection may not be ideal for every skin tone, this foundation blends out flawlessly, and I just use my fingers to apply it. At only $7 or $8, this foundation is definitely worth a buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by landissa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this foundation. I actually switched from Armani Luminous Silk to this and I'm so glad I did. (I thought Armani might be causing breakouts so I was looking for a cheap alternative to see if my skin cleared up and sure enough it did). The coverage is adjustable - I apply less to my fingers or more depending, but either way it does a fantastic job covering redness and they have some nice yellow-based shades. I get the best application by applying with my fingers and then using a tissue to 'press' the foundation into my skin - that may help some people who think that it gets a little cakey.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I would never leave foundation on for 25 hours. That being said, this is my HG foundation. I keep attempting to try high end foundations thinking that I will find something better and I end up returning them and coming back to this. I LOVE the fact that there is no sunscreen in this, great for photos or a night out. No breakouts or skin irritation and covers redness well.

Color selection is limited but I think I've found a good match with True Ivory 100, which isn't exactly ivory at all. I'm around NC 20/25 and this seems to blend well with my skin tone. I exfoliate and use a primer or serum before applying and have the best results with a damp sponge or fingers. I don't wear foundation everyday, but this seems to be adjustable enough for full coverage night out looks or natural looking daytime makeup.

PROS:
satin matte finish, looks natural not shiny/luminious/overly matte
cheap, easy to find
comes in a tube
provides medium coverage but can easily build up to full coverage without looking cakey.
compared to Colorstay,it doesn't set/dry as fast so you have more time to blend or add more coverage.

CONS:
limited colour range
may not be matte enough for people with oily skin

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Nightwatcher

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin type dry. Color was always yellow based ivory .Very hard to find the perfect color and coverage for this skin color. I spent the las ten years trying to find a replacement for my loreal makeup that was discontinued and replaced with very dark yellow tones by Loreal making it impossible for me to find a replacement . Makeup with good coverage of red tones flushing through that is neither to pink or too yellow was impossible (think German decent freckles and red cheeks).. The smoothness of this Makeup , the coverage, the built in primer , the way it covers without settling in my fine lines. FANTASTIC. THIS IS THE ONLY TIME I HAVE EVER WRITTEN A REVIEW IN MY LIFE . AROUND $ 6 AT WALMART. AWESOME. NEVER HAVE I HAD SO MANY COMPLIMENTS ( oh your skin looks so smooth and much younger did you have work done etc, you should buy all that in that color (True Ivory 103) etc
. BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT SO WORTH IT. I was able to throw out all my moisturizers and powders. A veritable fortune over the years searching for something that dindn't burn my eyes and cake when built up.THANK YOU RIMMEL. THROWING OUT MY COVERGIRL/OLAY PRIMER AND LOREAL INFALLIBLE ALL SO EXPENSIVE, $30 total for them both compared to $6. Look out RIMMEL I will be stalking your shelves for future products for the new loves of my life. Lol. : D

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2011 More reviews by cc001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not my favorite :/ the coverage is great, but the foundation is so thick and heavy I don't like the look and feel on my face.
I got it a shade too light, so I'll give it one more try in a better-fitting shade.
Other than that, I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by babyfairy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really love this, its my HG drugstore foundation. Like almost all the comments, this foundation lasts throughout the day. My friend used this on my face before we went clubbing because I told her about my issue of not being able to find the right foundation for my oily skin. I was kind of unsure at first, but this worked like a charm. It's easy to blend into your face and doesn't feel too heavy. Coverage is medium to heavy depending on how many layers you apply but I just need one layer for a natural look. I doubt it lasts the full 25hrs, but after 10 hours, my face still looked fresh with the help of a little powder. The next day I had to go get this, and at SDM it was on sale for $5, which is super cheap for a good foundation. I totally recommend this if you have oily skin and want long lasting medium coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Caty1021

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My new favourite foundation, wonderful coverage and soooo cheap! Use it in conjunction with my Urban Decay De-Slick spray and my skin has never looked better. Very impressed,

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by ajacks

I have a really hard time with foundations, but I really like this one. It gives me great coverage with a natural look (as long as you blend/apply properly). Feels weightless, lasts forever, no transfer.
Like others I took one lippy off for color range. I consider myself more of a light medium, but the lightest shade would probably not match me in winter. Very fair gals will probably not be able to use this until more colors are available.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by annalizab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. It's one I always come back to.

Pro:
-Long wearing. Lasts through a full work day and can go straight from work to bar/club without touch-ups. Maybe powder if you get a bit shiney...
-Water-proof and almost transfer proof
-Good coverage (gives me a doll-like finish)
-Easy to apply and blend
-Plastic tube packaging is good for travel and easy to get desired amount.
-Good value. ($16AU for high quality product)

Con:
-Small colour range. Only like 6 shades and don't have and very fair or deep shades. (I wear shade 200soft beige, which is perfect for me though)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by ohipuppie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so amazed by this foundation. Not only is this cheap (~$6 at local drugstore) but I definitely see this as a very good, if not better, alternative to higher end foundations. It really does hold up to its "25 hour" lasting finish claim as the swatch on my hand did not budge until I actually worked at cleansing it off. As for my face, the foundation looks almost the same as I put it on after a 8-10 hr day (no touch ups needed).
Coverage is great! (I love how I can be lazy with this and skip the concealer step) Although the coverage is medium to full, it does not feel thick at all.
Let me just say, the finish is absolutely perfect! It is "dewy" in a sense that it looks very fresh (not shiny). There is a very light scent to it, but it doesn't bother me. I also like the packaging in a squeeze tube (makes it easy to throw in makeup bag).
I was lucky to find my color in the first shot (tested it in the store.. shhh) The color in the tube looks darker than it really is. My shade is 202 Nude. This and a lighter shade (200) both have yellow undertones, while the shade in between (201) has pink undertones. For reference, I am NC30-35 (studio fix), C3-4 (MAC F&B), Barcelona (Nars sheer matte), Punjab (Nars sheer glow). I really recommend this and think it is worth trying. Definitely will be a repurchase!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No