Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.7

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 5/1/2012 10:32:00 PM

I was looking for an inexpensive drugstore foundation. This works well for me but I can see how it would be drying for some. I have an oily t-zone and acne prone skin. It has not made me break out. I did notice a slight itching sensation the first few days but that stopped-no clue if it was related to the foundation. I apply it with a moist cosmetic sponge and I don't use a lot. I don't see how you could apply this with your fingers without having a splotchy mess on your face. It dries quickly. I like the packaging because it is simple and easy to keep the opening clean.

WOH WOH WOH! there is seriously something funky in this foundation cos every time i use it my face burns and tingles around my cheek bones and forehead.

Good full coverage and lasts all day however this stuff gets SO CAKEY! it starts off dewy and flawless and after 12 hours it looks so matte and caked up. this stuff dried out my face so that it was peeling EVERYWHERE and i looked so horrible!

if you buy this please please try this out on a day when you are at home and see how this wears on your skin so you won't be embarrassed.

Not exactly dirt cheap and still pretty expensive for a terribly packaged bottle of embarrassment + funky ingredients + cake face!

on 4/23/2012 6:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Fantastic foundation. Everything I wished Colorstay was.. but wasn't. Lasts all day, looks natural. Full coverage, yet does not feel or look like a mask on your face. Comes off without scrubbing (I use evoo). It does have a limited number of colors, but I had no problem finding one to match. Goes on easily with a brush. Great packaging, squeeze tube so no mess. Dries quickly, but not so quick that it streaks. Matte finish.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this foundation so much! I glides on my skin, blends perfectly looks absolutely amazing and lasts a really long time! I applies like no other foundation I've used! Drugstore or high end! The only thing I don't like is that i doesn't come in a good shade range which means the lightest color (Ivory) is a tad too dark for my NW20 skin. Also it does oxidize pretty badly which only makes the problem worse. Without the oxidization this would be absolutely perfect but it's still such an amazing foundation that I keep using it anyway! Sometimes I mix it with some white foundation to get the right color but it's really not that bad. I would recommend this foundation to anyone out there searching for medium coverage and a beautiful finish!

on 4/21/2012 2:26:00 PM

I wanted to continue to use this foundation since it matched my skin tone perfectly, gave a great finish, lasted all day, and was inexpensive. But it made me break out with a few painful cysts, which I never get. It makes me sad, but nothing can be perfect. I would recommend girls to try this since it has so many awesome qualities, but if you have sensitive skin I would stay away. Too bad. :(

on 4/15/2012 4:13:00 PM

love this foundation!! it's the only one that actually works with my skin type without running or flaking up (ew!). the only problem is it doesn't last 25 hours, i find myself re-applying every 6 hours or so :\ still, best foundation i can find for so cheap!!

on 4/14/2012 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love it! I've used various foundations but this is by far the best priced foundation around. Even some higher end foundations couldn't compare and I've used a lot. I am a licensed MUA & Esthetician so I've used many products on myself and others. The down side is the color range, if you are fair-medium, medium, neutral or olive you may find one. These makeup companies (especially drugstore) should really start considering very fair to dark complected women with realistic undertones! Luckily I found a color that works for my neutral skin tone with olive undertones (Soft Beige). Usually drugstore foundations tend to run very pink and it is near impossible to get a correct color match. Within the limited color range of Rimmel there are a few neutral and slightly yellow shades so if MAC foundations are either too yellow or too pink (like they are for me) check out these colors.

The finish is a very natural looking satin to matte finish. You can easily build the coverage, however if too much is applied it may start to look unnatural and heavy. A little goes along way! Besides the overall quality, performance, & flawlessness of this foundation it is affordable.

I found no need to use concealer and/or powder, as well as not having to touch up my face at all throughout an entire day. As far as being 25 hrs... not too sure about that but NO ONE should be wearing any makeup when they go to sleep. The important aspect is that it lasts an entire day until you take it off.

Even though I am an advocate for spf I do not like spf in foundations for several reasons: the white cast it gives in photos, cosmetic spf can be irritating to some skin types, & if you want your foundation with spf to protect you more than a few hours you would need to constantly reapply it just as regular sunblock. So IMO spf has no place being in foundations. I am very happy that there is no spf in this foundation, since it seems most if not all are turning into that direction. I have had no oxidizing, no transfer, no breakouts, and it feels moisturizing and not heavy like other longer staying foundations. Remember this may vary with different skin types and climate. The only concern I have about this foundation is the possible new packaging, a bottle? I have the tube and I love how practical and sanitary it is! I have only seen the tube in the Chicago land area but I noticed on the Rimmel site it looks like they are bottling it!

on 4/11/2012 1:56:00 AM

I had to find my closest shade online because the stores carry limited shades. I bought warm honey and although it is for tanned skin, it seems geared for red undertones than my yellow. Its light, gives medium buildable coverage, dries quickly, has a pleasant faint powdery scent, is a blendable liquid, and dries matte. The packaging has changed this month to a bottle according to Rimmel website, so no more plastic tube. Warm Honey shade seems discontinued so I'm happy I got this for the summer heat/humidity. Most of you will like the foundation and at $7, its a bargain. I wore mine for 9 hours straight and it has not rubbed off faded or smudged. You can set it with powder without it overdrying. I like it alot

on 4/9/2012 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

What a nice surprise! I apply it with a damp sponge and go over any dark spots with a concealer brush. I give it a moment to dry and dust with mineral veil. The coverage is medium, but I can still see my skin so I don't feel too mask-like. I applied it at 6 am and when I finally looked in the mirror at 1 pm, I still looked fresh. Usually by then, I am shiny and my foundation has started to fade. I've used it about 4 times so far with no breakouts....I hope that continues as it tends to be the biggest reason that I must discontinue a foundation's use. Crossing my fingers for this little drug-store gem!

Update: well,it broke me out....sigh. Another product I can't use. Stupid sensitive skin.

on 4/9/2012 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I like this foundation. The shade range isn't the greatest, so the shade I got is a bit lighter than I usually prefer. It is medium-full coverage, and the lasting power is phenomenal. I can barely see any pores by the end of the day. I do, however, have dry skin. I don't like setting foundation with powder, and this was matte and lasted all day without needing to be set.