August 22, 2014 | 1708 users online

Concealers - Garnier - Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

After all the rave reviews, I bought one with a lot of confidence. Garnier makes good products overall. I paid $12 at Ulta and believe it or not it's about the same price at Walmart, only they have to lock their's in an alarm box. Since it was a hassle to find a worker to get one out, I didn't bother.
It has the same cooling sensation as the original. The sheer tint mineral pigments work with most women, only some will use this as a concealer base. It's going to help put down a concealer primer while caffeine stimulates blood flow to the area. The roller ball is the actual part that gets rid of puffiness. Lemon essence is supposed to brighten them over time. Some have said it's a liquid texture, but I think it goes on more like a gel concealer. You can easily blend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by aao

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have tried many, many products marketed to cover my dark circles and this one is the best so far. It applies wet and dries quickly as you pat it into place with your ring finger. The color blends perfectly with my skin while covering my circles. I am fair complected with pink undertones and thin skin under my eyes causing me to look tired. This brightens the area while providing a thin, non-cakey layer of sublte color. It seems to combine highlighter properties with a tint of concealer. The roller glides easily and has never gunked up or required a lot of pressure to distribute the product evenly.

Note: I had a consultation with professionals that use laser and light therapy technologies for skin correction purposes. While laser or light therapies can correct inherited dark circles that are due to hyperpigmentation or pregnancy mask, they are not able to do anything for dark undereye circles like mine.
They explained that sinus cavities have blue-ish colored tissue under the eyes. People like me, with thin skin in the under eye area, are a different situation since the skin itself isn't discolored, but just thin enough to allow the darker, underlying tissue to create shadows / circles.
Back in the day, all that was readily available to combat under eye circles like mine were concealers and foundation. Luckily, there are many other options available in the cosmetic market now a days.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by soniaemily

I bought it in 'Light' and I'm a nc25-nc30. It blends in nicely but a little too light when i'm at nc30 when used alone. The undereye looks 'brightened' with foundation on so it works out just fine. I have been using this product for about 7 months now and it doesn't seem like it's anywhere near finish. If you don't have too much of a problem with dark undereye circles, this is the way to go. It conceals pretty well and you only need a tiny bit to get the job done. Any more than necessary and I find it feels a bit heavy and looks cakey. I usually roll it on the tip of my ring finger and then dab it on. I just feel like I have more control that way with the amount of product I use instead of rolling it directly onto my undereye which varies in quantity whenever used.

I am very particular about my undereyes as I find it crepey with fine lines whereas I've been told I just look at them too close in the mirror and that they really aren't noticable at all. I find that used on top of eye cream (Estee Lauder ANR Eye & Kiehl's avocado treatment) it looks smoother and more plump otherwise it sinks into fine lines a tiny bit. But that's just me, I'm sure.

Overall an excellent product! But I am however still interested in trying YSL's Touche Eclat on it's own or on top of the garnier eye roller just to see how much better OR not my undereye can look! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by thevnilly

They should really market this as a brightener, because it's definitely not what most would consider a concealer. The color matches my skin well and makes my dark circles look less noticeable without completely covering them up or getting cakey. Super easy to apply and great for a low-key natural look. Hasn't made any difference in the condition of my skin or dark circles, but that's okay. I didn't expect it to. I also don't think this would work for darker skin tones, so it's beyond me why they only make it in one shade.
I think it'll take awhile for me to finish the tube, but once I do I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by mmmaggie

PROS: The packaging is good and compact? Yeah, that is all that I have. I mean the label is a clear sticker... kind of cheep if you think of the price. CONS: It seemed to work really great until it settled into the skin and then I actually felt like my bags looked worst, maybe the wetness made my mascara transfer? If you wanted this to conceal, I feel you would have to carry it and apply it all day. I used it for three days and stopped and took it back. I would be interested if the long term effects were actually good, as for short term it was actually just a pain.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by trharvey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product based on a youtube review from Lisasz09 (luv her!!!). I've only used it for 3 days but I know this will be my undereye concealer from now on. FYI - I am a light-medium neutral and my undereye circles are darker toward the inner part of my eye (on the side of my nose). At first I was skeptical that the color wouldn't match, but it did! Totally brightens my eye area and doesn't cake up in my fine lines. Just roll it on (which feels sooo nice and refreshing) and pat with my ring finger. It stays on all day, doesn't budge an inch and it looks very natural on me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hmm...I dont like this product. Here are my reasons why:
-it doesnt replace my concealer because I have dark circles, and only peach based concealers cover those, and this product is a yellow beige. so when I put this one, it brightened my under eye area, very similar to YSL touche eclat, but it doesnt cover my purple undereyes. I would say its a good dupe to touche eclat in number 2 and i would put this product in a brightener category, not skincare and not concealer.
-my second issue is that the product is too thick to be rolled, I would rather it came in a tube, brush or liquid doe wand applicator. I cant roll all around the eyes, it dispenses too much product, and it is hard to blend.
-if this product was a peach beige, I would have kept it. They need to make another shade for tan/darker skintones.
-My final verdict is that this a novelty product, it DOES NOT replace my under eye heavy duty concealer and does not replace my eye serum or my previous caffeine eye roller. I think people that are looking for undereye coverage should consider amazing cosmetics concealer, now this bad boy truly should be called anti dark circle eye product. Only buy this product with in mind that this will brighten your eye orbital area and minimize dark circles in a quicky (you will still have see thru shadowing), so if you are looking for YSL dupe in number two, buy this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 7:18:00 AM More reviews by Rosefan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of the best undereye concealers ever!
I've tried many concealers and foundations to cover my circles, and this one beat all of them (except one)

I've tried the following:

Lancome Miracle teint light reflective concealer( too pink, nice natural coverage, a bit too drying)
Lancome effacernes(creamy, nice texture, too matte, heavy coverage)
Estee Lauder Disappear Smoothing Cream Concealer (too heavy for undereyes))
Make up factory Light reflective concealer pen(the best so far!!!!!! it's a relatively new brand, belonging to the Art deco group, sold in Muller drogeries)
Bourjois Healthy mix foundation(great foundation, I love the fact that it's good for my undereye area as well, very light coverage, not too matte, but still a bit on the matte side, not too drying, but it's obviously not designed for undereye area)
Kryloan supracolour foundation( quite heavy, but covers like no other. I stopped using it coz it's too heavy for me, and also drying, gets flaky after some time)
Clinique Airbrush concealer(great concealer for under the eyes, light, but covers well,doesn't get caky. I'd say this is the most similar to this Garnier roll-on pen)

and I've also treid many cheap brands, that didn't work at all

First let me tell you what I was looking for:

A lightweight concealer that is invisible(as much as it is possible) for my dry undereye area. I have some fine lines, especially when I smile and such. My skin is kinda thin, and dry( in certain areas.)
So I wanted something light reflective,liquidy that doesn't dry matte, so it looks like I have healthy skin around my eyes, and of course a lot of it for a reasonable price. I wanted something as yellow as possible,coz my skintone is very yellow, and my circles are purple-brownish. I wasn't going for full coverage, but rather a brigthening effect.

As opposed to this, you can see in brakets what I got with the above mentioned products.

About the Garnier concealer:

It is light textured, but covers nicely. It's not as yellow as my favourite concealer,(I have number one for light skin, it comes in 3 shades), the Make up factory one, and not as light and liquidy, but still a great option for less sunny day, when not every single line is visible on the face. It absorbs quite well, and doesn't cake at all(this is surprising coz most of them cake on me)
I like the fact that it has spf, and you get 15 ml for the fraction of the price of high-end concealers, and the same if not better quality.
Ingredients are not particularly convincing. My review is only about it's concealing qualities, which are great.
Slightly buildable, but I like to put on just a very little of it.
Handy packaging, good for travelling, easy to use.
I got mine for 8(!) Euros.

I'll use it mostly in the colder season when my skin is paler, and this colour suits it perfectly then, but now as the weather gets better and I get some colour(I instantly do) I'll use the Make up factory concealer, as that is just the perfect match for my skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 3:22:00 AM More reviews by emkazicstan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! It really does brighten up your eyes and conceals surprinsingly well. I have slight dark circles, I don't think anybody with really dark circles should use this since it isn't full on coverage like a concealer. I just started using this so I don't know if it will help in the long run but I am taking photos with my camera everyday to see if there is any improvement in my dark circles. I will update later.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by aweyhrauch

I actually really like this product. It does have some concealer in it, so I can understand that some don't like it because it can be the wrong color. Fortunately the color fits me right and I love this stuff! it actually has helped in lighting my dark circles. I have only been using it about a week, but i already see small results.
I love it. :D will buy again. Love this stuff. Recommend it to tanish/pal girls. Works for me.