August 28, 2014 | 1793 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 7:44:00 AM More reviews by kohud

I love this bronzer! I have quite fair skin so looking for a contouring bronzer that doesn't look orange or cakey is a nightmare. I have tried many bronzers over the time I have started experimenting with my make up but nothing works as well as HOOLA. You can build it up as much as you want and best of all it stays put! Its dark colour ensures excellent contouring and it's peachy undertones really compliment my skin colour and hair colour too. It blends nicely with every blusher of every colour and can also be used for a sun kissed glow when you need it! I initially thought that HOOLA was quite expensive for the size that it was, however when I realised how good it was it felt like a bargin! Plus, it lasts for ages. Depending on the shape of your face, I would consider using a different brush, the rectangular brush could be too harsh and apply too much product, personally I use an angled brush, it means the product goes exactly where I want it! Definately worth it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by prettymar

:) <3 My fav bronzer by far....not super dark so very natural looking but buildable so u can layer without looking too cakey :) LOVE IT and use it every day!!! A tinny bit pricey but worth (had mine since last October and still goin strong)
side note: chuck the brush and invest in a nice contour or skunk brush

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by sdeyerling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite bronzer ever. I am NC35 in MAC and adore this. It is also great when I am a bit lighter because it makes a great contour. I hate shimmery bronzers so this matte one is great. People complain about it being muddy but I don't see that at all. It is a true brown toned highlighter instead of an orangey one, which I appreciate. I don't have any qualms about the packaging since I don't bring it with me anywhere. It is a huge amount of product, and although I think $28 is a bit steep for Benefit boxed blushes, I would gladly pay it again for Hoola. If you are deciding between this and NARS Laguna, pick Hoola. I think that a matte bronzer is great since you can add the shimmer on top with a highlight.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Ksarah393

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like Hoola because it is one of the only matte bronzers out there, which I prefer for contouring. The thing about Hoola is that it is VERY pigmented, meaning it is far from "goof proof." It is easy for this to look streaky on my skin and to look obvious that I am wearing makeup. I need to very carefully place is in the hollows of my face and then usually I need to blend it out with a kabuki brush or something of that nature to ensure it looks like a shadow and not an obvious line of makeup. I love this stuff and I have just recently hit pan on my first one, which I have had for a year at least. This stuff is well worth the price in my opinion and if it works for my skin tone, any skin tone darker than mine to a certain degree I'm sure this color would work great for. Can also be applied with a fluffy brush for a little bit of color! Quite the universal product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by discoredhd

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very fair skin and this is just perfect. It's not glittery and I like that. It looks very natural.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2011 3:48:00 AM More reviews by vidz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Let me just tell you I was completely sucked into the Hoola hoopla. I was searching high and low for something to contour with since my country didn't sell much in the way of matte bronzers and finally settled on Hoola. My dad gave me a SGD50 DS voucher and that sealed the deal. I bought it for a whopping SGD54. Don't mistake me, Hoola itself isn't bad, the lasting power is decent, the texture is pretty smooth and the colour on me is appropriate for contouring and I find the packaging very cute. It's just that I could have bought any old ash brown eyeshadow for $9.90 and nobody, not even me would have known the difference!!!

The BEST bronzer for deeper, olive skinned skinned women imho is Bobbi Brown Bahama. Totally worth every penny.

NC42ish, East Indian. Sensitive, Dry, yet acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 4:18:00 AM More reviews by kikamadonna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I just got Benefit Hoola in the mail this morning and already love it. lt`s good for my pale skin and gives a good glow. lt will be my must have this summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by aceciul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! If you want a matte bronzer this is the best I've found, because you get a lot of product that will last forever. It defines your cheeks beautifully and works in almost any skin color (if you are too pale or too dark it won't work fine).
The box is lovely, as all Benefit blushes are. It adds no shimmer so you can wear it the whole year, at any hour of the day, without fear.
By far one of the best beauty buys anyone can do in a very reassonable price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2011 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Jilliterate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Confession: I'm an geek. A coding, comics-reading, all-night-gaming-session uber-geek. As such, the only light my skin ever receives is from the glow of my computer monitors. I've got to be cautious with what I do with bronzers because anyone who knows me is aware that my skin hasn't seen natural sunlight in about six years.

In comes Hoola to save the day! It deepens my skin tone without making it orange and fake-sparkly. I love how buildable this bronzer is, and the matte quality really lets it excel at pulling double-duty as a contour.

I'm really torn on the packaging. Yes, it's a square box made of cardboard, which is both an impractical shape and an impractical material. But honestly -- I love it. I love the iconic look. I love the plummy colour, and the the little bamboos on the sides. I leave it out on my bathroom counter proudly, wishing I had a female friend who would come by and recognize it, and not a bunch of guys taking bathroom breaks on Halo nights.

Final point: the price. It's definitely one of the pricier cosmetic items I've purchased, costing $33 (CAD$) at the local Shoppers Drug Marts. However, this thing is a whopping 11 grams, working out to $3/gram, not a terrible price (Shoppers charges $2.60/gram for the Physicians Formula Happy Booster products). Part of what you're buying here is a vast amount of product, about double the amount that the average bronzer contains. Personally, I'd prefer it if BeneFit would just cut the amount of product and the price in half, rather than forcing me to buy my bronzer in bulk, when I may never use it all.

That was a rather long diatribe on price points, but in short: this is a great bronzer that you can justify buying with a bit of analysis on product quantities. So go! Pick some up! You too can fake the look of having tanned skin without ever leaving the basement!

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by xomegs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Only bronzer that works for me. I'm so rediculously fair. I have to use an incredibly light hand but it gives me the nice contour and face definition i'm looking for. I love this matte bronzer. I dont really like the box packaging. It's portability sucks