BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 3/27/2012 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the ONLY bronzer I have ever came across that is not ORANGE!!! Jeeze, Louise! All of the bronzers out there make you look horrible! This however, is just perfect for my porcelain/fair skin tone. Def a more natural looking bronzer then the others I've seen.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

EDIT: Now that I understand how to contour, I have a new found appreciation for Hoola! It's natural looking, and matte, perfect for contouring and evening out the skintone between your face and the rest of your body. I still don't like the packaging and wish that Benefit would give up their "boxed" blushes/bronzers thing but I would repurchase this.

This was a complete impulse buy when randomly shopping in Sephora. I had previously read reviews on this and had been attracted to the fact that it is fairly light in color and matte. For me, this is okay. It's light in color so its great for those who are shy with color and its not sparkly or shimmery like so many bronzers are. Was it HG? No. Will I throw it away? No. Just okay, definitely not a repurchase. I now also really dislike the box packaging. It makes the product bulkier than necessary, its not really that sturdy and terrible for traveling. (I originally thought the packaging was cute, but compared to the sleekness of other packaging, its now a turn-off. I'm probably not going to be purchasing any further blushes/bronzers from Benefit based on this alone unless they bring out an absolute stunner!)

on 3/20/2012 10:48:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Kinky, Medium

I love love love this bronzer ! I really like to contour but could never get it quite right, it always looked fake or like I was dirty (lol). I tried NYX Taupe, Mac Harmony Blush and UD Buck and Buck worked the best but it was in my Naked palette and quite small so wasn't good for that. Hoola is just perfect for my fair skin (NC15-20) but I still have to be careful cause you can definitely apply too much since its really pigmented. But it's just the perfect color, not too grey or orange.If you're not sure you'll like it and don't wanna waste 30$+ maybe try to get a mini size on Ebay (make sure to check the feedback of the seller to see if its genuine), that's what I did. It cost me 7$ and you get a pretty good amount, I used it everyday and it took me 5 months to finish it.

on 3/20/2012 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hoola was way too dark and muddy looking for my pale casper white skin. Even applying it with a superrrr light hand, it still didn't work. I'll just keep using my MAC Solar Riche.

on 3/20/2012 9:14:00 PM

I love this bronzer so very much!! This product is your ticket to that fashion contoured look.

Having warm olive skin, you would think finding a great bronzer would be easy, not in the slightest!

The reason why this bronzer is so good, is purely because it is fantastic for contouring, which is what bronzer is for, and for that to look great, a bronzer has to look natural, not sparkly or too "metallic" coloured. Best of all, it doesn't throw off an orange colour, just a warm bronze!

This is a matte bronzer that goes on light, and can be layered for instencity (perfect for the heavy handed)
you simply a smaller amount for day, or more at night when you want a bit of drama.

I use it under my cheek bones, and it really does make them more prominent,
I also use some on my forehead, chin and nose. It looks perfect and I feel good wearing it.

I imagine a lot of makeup artists would like this bronzer also.

on 3/18/2012 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I love love love this! The color is a matte light brown. Yes, you heard that right. Matte. It might be just me, but it's hard to come by a totally matte bronzer, but this is. The color is really light, so it might not work for darker skin tones, but it works for me. This smells funky when you put it on and in the box, but the smell is unnoticeable on your face. This bronzer is great for contouring, and the packaging is ABSOLUTELY adorable, which is constant with all Benefit products. This bronzer is very pigmented, and I apply it with a regular round brush and then blend it in with my trusty Too Faced Flatbuki. Favorite bronzer ever!

on 3/18/2012 4:41:00 AM

I have been using this for years and will never stray! I am quite fair but use fake tan regularly and Hoola works for me every time whether I'm bronzed or not. I love that it is matte as I loath shimmer on my face, texture is great, last for ages and not toooo expensive (but not cheap either). Go get some!

I am not quite sure about this product which is why i have held off writing its review for such a long time. I recieved it as a gift around 6 months ago after my friend noticed me eyeing it up in the store.
First of all, i do not apply thins all over my face, as it tends to look muddy. I purely use it for contouring (after many misendeavours) which i have to say it works very well for. It does apply very dark on my nc25 skin therfore i have to do a LOT of blending and i mean a lot before i achive the look i want. The brush, meh its ok for quick application but i would never choose to use it. The box is very pretty, but gets battered easily. Overall this bronzer is a lovley consistency, i love how it is matte because i hate feeling like i'm throwing glitter on my face, but it is frustrating only being able to use it on one section of my face! ,

on 3/14/2012 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i LOVE this bronzer!!! its the perfect colour! i compared it next to my bronzer i was using before this one, and my old one looks orange next to this one. this is the perfect matte bronzer thats not too dark. The packaging is cute. i love the fact that its matte. i will be re-perchasing this again!

on 3/11/2012 6:32:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a great matte bronzer for contouring. It's light and very buildable so I think it would suit a lot of skin tones apart from maybe very dark. I don't think you could use this a bronzer which is what I originally bought it for so I'm pleased that I have found a good use for it. As a bronzer, it would just look a bit dirty I think and I prefer a slightly shimmery effect. I would definitely repurchase for contouring only.

Popular Bronzers