September 17, 2014 | 1850 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by anna8607

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Smells great, but again another neutrogena that feels like it doesn't really cleanse my skin. I dont have acne i just wanted something to keep it clear, after using this for a couple weeks i started getting breakouts and i realized its cuz this doesnt really clean your skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by camkale

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I will never use this product again. I just wanted a simple cleanser ad maybe something to clear the minor acne I had. Then I came along to this, so I decided what the heck! Its worth a try. After a week or so, it sucked badly. My skin seemed to pop out some more acne than I already have, after I use it my skin gets flaky and dry. The only bright side about this product was it smelled good. It was not worth $10 for the quality it was.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by runimina

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I want to like this product so so much, but I am on the fence about it. I have not used it long term, but here is my review anyway!

My friend and her boyfriend both use this and have great skin! No acne or blackheads AT ALL.
I use it sometimes when I am at her house if I am there overnight and don't bring my cleanser.

I've never noticed a smell before, at least not one that bothered me.
It's very drying, leaves my skin tight, but glowing and got rid of acne! I think the salicylic acid was the trick.

It's around $7. Cute pink color too. Nice pump bottle.

I think that if you have really resilient skin, that this could work for you. I thought the vitamin C was a good thing but later read that citric acid can be bad and make you photosensitive (sun sensitive) . So that immediately cuts it off my list.
I am worried about any potential damage, so I am staying away, but I really wish I could like this since it seems to clear acne fast. I'll find another Salicylic acid wash.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

My skin is so pissed at me for this! I have sensitive combo skin that can be a bit dry in the winter, I had been using the green anti-redness formula of this until recently but for some stupid reason I decided to shake things up.

I have tight, itchy, flaky, red dry skin with 4 cystic acne bumps (I haven't had cystic bumps on my chin in 5 years) after 10 days of using this. It took me a few days to put 2 and 2 together, but it has to be this face wash! It's awful. Harsh and drying yet still pore-clogging? No thanks!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by ksaa91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product!!!! I believe there is a huge different between the different flavors in this product. I feel the pink grapefruit one works the best for me, the original is ok but the smell is horrible, the green one to this SUCKS!!! dont get this!! it does not reduce any redness or even reduce acne marks and the subtance is very water compared to the other flavors of this product.

Anyway, the people expect this to work instantly in removing acne, but it doesn't, it helps reduce acne A LOT, i've had huge pimples before and i always use this wash and it reduces the mark very well. I feel this product is great for preventing acne when your face is clear of it.
I've been using this product for as long as i can remember and will always repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Nir

I asked for an acne-cleanser and I got this. I've never been too acne prone but being a teenager, I get the occasional pimple and break out spots. So I wanted to switch from a basic cleanser to an acne one. Bad, bad BAD idea. I don't know if it was the combo with the scrub (though I heard good reviews for the scrub) but it murdered my face. A few weeks after using it I noticed my skin was dry. I blamed winter. Then it dried out the corners of my mouth severely. I have two very dry and sensitive dark spots -that make look like a frowny person all day- on each corner of my mouth. I hate it and no one's mentioned it, but I know it's there. I've switched back to my old skin care set and it's been less dry, even the spots have improved. I do admit, the smell is really nice. I was trying to sniff my own face for a week everytime I finished my cleansing routine. The scent is very nice, but it just near-killed my skin so I had to leave it. I guess I would reccomend it for those who like the nice smell, but for those with normal - very dry skin I advise you steer clear of this product as the salicylic acid may have horrible affects on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 3:23:00 AM More reviews by lolacupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of this. It helps with the occasional zit, but I wouldn't say it would clear acne, at least for my normal/combo skin but I like the smell so will repurchase b/c it hasn;t broke me out

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Hoyden

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this, swatch tested it, found it was okay on my inner arm, but my face hated it.

It made my skin dry, itchy and super super red. I think that the 2% Salicylic Acid was just too much for my face.

I took it back to CVS & got a refund.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2009 5:57:00 AM More reviews by AnumAmjad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

okay, now i have used a ton of different cleansers but i have NEVER experience a rash or such a dramatic reaction to anything before trying this acne-wash. I have moderate acne which sometimes can get really bad, but i was going through a really good period where my skin was just healing old scars, with absolutely no new breakouts. I ran out of my Biore blemish fighting ice cleanser and thought i'd try Neutrogena since i'd never tried a product of theirs before.

BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE! my skin which had been healing over the past month and was soft and generally smooth. I was experiencing very SLIGHT dryness due to the weather, but my clinique cream always took care of that. After only 3 days of using this cleaner, my skin literally turned into SANDPAPER and little white bumps erupted all over the bottom half of my face. it was so bad that i actually had a family friend come up to me and tell me i should rush to a dermatologist immediately.

The skin on my face has been destroyed, even the edges of my mouth are cracking. I have been layering on creams throughout the day just to retain some bit of moisture, but even after four days my skin is still incredibly irritated.

i will NEVER purchase a Neutragena product again. I don't understand how this was even allowed onto the market without some kind of warning label. I'm going back to Biore.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by ChenchillaxChop

:( I really wanted to like this. Like many users said, this does smell really nice. The pros stop at that. I had a HUGE allergic reaction to this product. First, it dried my skin out really bad, and now my face stings to the touch. Also, it gave me a huge red rash all over my face, and it is now painful to the touch as well as puffy. This is a little bit scary. I read the ingredients on the back, too, very harsh and drying.
I would not recommend this to anyone.
*EDIT* The allergic reaction lasted for 3 days even with taking Benadryl, it was terrifying. My skin was still parched after that, as well. I'm not sure which ingredient in the product caused the reaction but gathering from all the other reviews the ingredients are very harsh.