November 22, 2014 | 1979 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by mmmelissa

I've been using this for about 3 months and it works great for me. It can be a bit drying but that's what moisturizer is for. This cleanser smells good and it did not make me break out. I have somewhat oily skin and it gets rid of it. You can probably use this twice a day because it isn't too harsh but I just use it once. The pump is really nice so you don't have to fiddle with opening a cap or anything. I like this stuff.

UPDATE: Although I do like this cleanser I feel that there is something better out there. It has started to make my skin feel a bit dryer than usual. I've started using st. ives new green tea scrub. I prefer using it than this cleanser but I have a bit left so I'll use it until its gone. I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by igimmeMAKEUP

i dont have a LOT of acne but i get breakouts sometimes and this helps control it.
its also good cause its oil free and my skin dosent feel oily afterward.
the smell is also really nice (:
when you cleanse, foam does appear but its really not huge bubbles of foam, its really light.
afterward, your skin feels really clean and nice.

but!, the only thing is that it kind of dries out your skin afterward so you should always use moisturizer after.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by AngryLittleAsianGirl

I love the pink grapefruit line! It smells very much like grapefruit and it definitely wakes me up in the morning. This is just like the original oil-free acne wash that neutrogena has, but the only difference is the smell. I have VERY OILY skin and this cleanser works very well on me. It doesn't foam too much but it definitely does the job and has cleared my skin. I will buy this again, great smell!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2010 2:08:00 AM More reviews by KatGib

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this stuff. I used the body wash first, which actually came with a free sample of the facial cleanser. I had to stop using the body wash because it was just too drying, although I did love the smell. I was sad to have to stop using it. I decided to try out the cleanser, and sadly, it was the same story. It dries out my face just enough to be annoying when I'm trying to put on makeup. So I just use it a couple times a week. My skin looks fantastic after I use it. I really wish that I could use it more often, but alas, such is life. I do recommend it for occasional use though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by rgu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I discovered this cleanser after becoming hooked on the scrub version of Neutrogena's Pink Grapefruit line (which I discovered b/c it won some aware on allure.com). This cleanser seems to be working so far; my whiteheads are reduced with frequent use and my pores are cleaner. Previously I'd used Clean and Clear's Advantage 3 in 1 Foaming Cleanser, which also has salicylic acid in it, but that didn't seem to clear up my whiteheads. I like this one because it gets rid of oil very well in addition to my whiteheads and blackheads. You just have to remember to use moisturizer afterwards.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

All I can say...is that this totally wrecked my skin!! T_T I am so sad because for a few months now I have had dewy, clear skin due to long-term use of Differin, however I am stilll plagued by annoying little whiteheads and blackheads. I have read in many sources that using salicylic acid is beneficial if you still have comedones after using a retinoid treatment. So, I figured using this salicylic acid cleanser would help. Plus, it is freakin pink and smells like grapefruit how could I resist...Well, after two days of using it my face is ultra dry like the desert. I have these random patches of flaky skin that do not go away no matter how much I exfoliate or moisturize. Argh!!! If you are using retinoids (Differin, Retin-A, etc) I do not recommend using this!! It is much too harsh on skin and wrecked mine!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Bianca910318

Ok so this is not the same cleanser that is posted on the picture to the right. The one i have is the grapefruit scrub, so i am not sure if this is it or not. Anyway i like the feeling, the smell, and the texture of the scrub, although i must say that after washing my face (which is oily by the way) my skin is left feeling very dry. I will use it up but i will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by omgkristay4267

I tried this out. It turned out good in the beginning. Now, it just doesn't seem to work, at all! Its already been a month!"/

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by anna8607

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Smells great, but again another neutrogena that feels like it doesn't really cleanse my skin. I dont have acne i just wanted something to keep it clear, after using this for a couple weeks i started getting breakouts and i realized its cuz this doesnt really clean your skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by camkale

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I will never use this product again. I just wanted a simple cleanser ad maybe something to clear the minor acne I had. Then I came along to this, so I decided what the heck! Its worth a try. After a week or so, it sucked badly. My skin seemed to pop out some more acne than I already have, after I use it my skin gets flaky and dry. The only bright side about this product was it smelled good. It was not worth $10 for the quality it was.