October 21, 2014 | 1782 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by rgu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I discovered this cleanser after becoming hooked on the scrub version of Neutrogena's Pink Grapefruit line (which I discovered b/c it won some aware on allure.com). This cleanser seems to be working so far; my whiteheads are reduced with frequent use and my pores are cleaner. Previously I'd used Clean and Clear's Advantage 3 in 1 Foaming Cleanser, which also has salicylic acid in it, but that didn't seem to clear up my whiteheads. I like this one because it gets rid of oil very well in addition to my whiteheads and blackheads. You just have to remember to use moisturizer afterwards.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

All I can say...is that this totally wrecked my skin!! T_T I am so sad because for a few months now I have had dewy, clear skin due to long-term use of Differin, however I am stilll plagued by annoying little whiteheads and blackheads. I have read in many sources that using salicylic acid is beneficial if you still have comedones after using a retinoid treatment. So, I figured using this salicylic acid cleanser would help. Plus, it is freakin pink and smells like grapefruit how could I resist...Well, after two days of using it my face is ultra dry like the desert. I have these random patches of flaky skin that do not go away no matter how much I exfoliate or moisturize. Argh!!! If you are using retinoids (Differin, Retin-A, etc) I do not recommend using this!! It is much too harsh on skin and wrecked mine!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Bianca910318

Ok so this is not the same cleanser that is posted on the picture to the right. The one i have is the grapefruit scrub, so i am not sure if this is it or not. Anyway i like the feeling, the smell, and the texture of the scrub, although i must say that after washing my face (which is oily by the way) my skin is left feeling very dry. I will use it up but i will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by omgkristay4267

I tried this out. It turned out good in the beginning. Now, it just doesn't seem to work, at all! Its already been a month!"/

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by anna8607

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Smells great, but again another neutrogena that feels like it doesn't really cleanse my skin. I dont have acne i just wanted something to keep it clear, after using this for a couple weeks i started getting breakouts and i realized its cuz this doesnt really clean your skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by camkale

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I will never use this product again. I just wanted a simple cleanser ad maybe something to clear the minor acne I had. Then I came along to this, so I decided what the heck! Its worth a try. After a week or so, it sucked badly. My skin seemed to pop out some more acne than I already have, after I use it my skin gets flaky and dry. The only bright side about this product was it smelled good. It was not worth $10 for the quality it was.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by runimina

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I want to like this product so so much, but I am on the fence about it. I have not used it long term, but here is my review anyway!

My friend and her boyfriend both use this and have great skin! No acne or blackheads AT ALL.
I use it sometimes when I am at her house if I am there overnight and don't bring my cleanser.

I've never noticed a smell before, at least not one that bothered me.
It's very drying, leaves my skin tight, but glowing and got rid of acne! I think the salicylic acid was the trick.

It's around $7. Cute pink color too. Nice pump bottle.

I think that if you have really resilient skin, that this could work for you. I thought the vitamin C was a good thing but later read that citric acid can be bad and make you photosensitive (sun sensitive) . So that immediately cuts it off my list.
I am worried about any potential damage, so I am staying away, but I really wish I could like this since it seems to clear acne fast. I'll find another Salicylic acid wash.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

My skin is so pissed at me for this! I have sensitive combo skin that can be a bit dry in the winter, I had been using the green anti-redness formula of this until recently but for some stupid reason I decided to shake things up.

I have tight, itchy, flaky, red dry skin with 4 cystic acne bumps (I haven't had cystic bumps on my chin in 5 years) after 10 days of using this. It took me a few days to put 2 and 2 together, but it has to be this face wash! It's awful. Harsh and drying yet still pore-clogging? No thanks!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by ksaa91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product!!!! I believe there is a huge different between the different flavors in this product. I feel the pink grapefruit one works the best for me, the original is ok but the smell is horrible, the green one to this SUCKS!!! dont get this!! it does not reduce any redness or even reduce acne marks and the subtance is very water compared to the other flavors of this product.

Anyway, the people expect this to work instantly in removing acne, but it doesn't, it helps reduce acne A LOT, i've had huge pimples before and i always use this wash and it reduces the mark very well. I feel this product is great for preventing acne when your face is clear of it.
I've been using this product for as long as i can remember and will always repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Nir

I asked for an acne-cleanser and I got this. I've never been too acne prone but being a teenager, I get the occasional pimple and break out spots. So I wanted to switch from a basic cleanser to an acne one. Bad, bad BAD idea. I don't know if it was the combo with the scrub (though I heard good reviews for the scrub) but it murdered my face. A few weeks after using it I noticed my skin was dry. I blamed winter. Then it dried out the corners of my mouth severely. I have two very dry and sensitive dark spots -that make look like a frowny person all day- on each corner of my mouth. I hate it and no one's mentioned it, but I know it's there. I've switched back to my old skin care set and it's been less dry, even the spots have improved. I do admit, the smell is really nice. I was trying to sniff my own face for a week everytime I finished my cleansing routine. The scent is very nice, but it just near-killed my skin so I had to leave it. I guess I would reccomend it for those who like the nice smell, but for those with normal - very dry skin I advise you steer clear of this product as the salicylic acid may have horrible affects on your skin.