Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

2.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Linoleamidopropyl, PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Red 40, Violet 2, Fragrance

I used to use new Proactiv, and it worked great on my skin but it started drying my skin out. so I decided to change and use a neutrogena product because I used to use their products and I always had fairly good results. I got this product because I thought it would work. I completely stopped using proactiv and just used only this cleanser, and I hated it. The first week it did take down some dryness, but I broke out like I never usually do. I like the smell of it, but after I washed my face with it, my skin just felt really tight. I am going to use it a little longer and see if it clears up, but I am probably going to go back on new proactiv. I was really dissappointed with the results I got from this product because I used to loveee neutrogena products, but I do not like this one. :\

I have dry/sensitive/acne prone skin, and this tends to dry out my skin, but with a good moisturizer, it works just fine! it really makes my skin soft and clear! i noticed a difference after the first few uses, and i'm continuing to use it. it also smells really good, which is great since most cleansers don't smell that great. this is probably my favorite cleanser from neutrogena so far! (:

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

compared to the original oil free acne wash ( the orange bottle,) the grapefruit version is less harsh, less drying, and doesn't leave too many redness or irritations after use. however, I don't think it is as effective as the original in terms of cleansing abilities. my makeup was not completely removed after one wash, so I usually have to wash my face twice.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't feel like this cleanser is very effective. I have combo/troubled skin and blemishes and I don't see much improvement with this. I like the smell, which, like the reviewer below, eventually seems to wear away like you get used to it. I've tried this once a day, twice a day, etc, but haven't seen results. It doesn't dry my skin out but it doesn't seem to clear it either. It's just okay - it does at least feel like it's cleaning my face.

All I have to say is that this is just a MEH cleanser. I have to admit that what made me buy this was the delicious smell of grapefruit; however, I've been using it for about two weeks and that smell has turned boring. I don't really feel like this cleanser deep cleans my skin as I like and I also think it is very hard to rinse; I really have to use lots of water to get rid of it completely and I don't like that. On the other hand, I can see why people with sensitive skin hate this products. The ingredients (most of all the fragrances) are full of irritating chemicals that can over dry the skin. It doesn't really dry me up nor makes me oilier, I just like to feel my skin really clean when using a cleanser and this isn't good at that. I will stick to my clear pore cleanser/mask

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this because I own the body wash and I love it, so I thought this would work too. I was wrong, it's just a typical cleanser, nothing special really. Didn't see a real significant difference in my skin. Pretty drying to my already dry skin, which I thought was from the salicylic acid but my L'oreal 360 cleansers both have that as well and aren't drying to my skin. Sort of a waste, got it with a BOGO sale so I guess it's okay. Could do without it, might just give it away or something.

UPDATE--
I gave this another try because I didn't want it to go to waste, but man...it broke me out the worst I have in a while, took about a week to heal up 60%, now I got a couple scars...joy.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this cleanser after hearing a few good things about it. I have sensitive skin with some redness. I absolutely hate this cleanser. It is really harsh for my skin, very drying, and I really dislike the scent. I used it for a few weeks and then stopped because it wasn't doing anything to help with acne/redness. I will definitely never repurchase this again.

I love this product! I dicovered it in a Teen Vogue, and I decided to try it. It smells amazing, and it kept my skin clear. I had pretty clear skin before, with the occasional breakout, so I am not sure what it does to actually clear up widespread acne. All I know is that when i did get a pimple, it got rid of it in a couple days. The only problem I have with this product is with the packaging. I keep it in my shower, and it slowly fills with water and the water mixes with the actual formula. I wish they could just make the lid more airtight to solve my problem. The non-diluted product is amazing, though, so its worth it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Honestly this stuff didnt work for me. I swear whenever I used it I broke out even more. It doesnt help my oily skin and doesnt get rid of acne. The results might be different for you, but was terrible for me.

The first day i used this it was fine, i saw a significant diff. in my breakouts just the next day. the day after that was when all the trouble started. it gave me insanely dry skin, and i have combo but more oily skin and veryyy sensitive skin, i am now stuck with these nasty dry flaky skin patches on my "moustache" area lol yes im a girl dont know what else to call it, and by my eyes on the SIDES its all gross and flaky and hard to the touch. it now burns to wash my face. back to my cetaphil i go... :(