July 30, 2014 | 2060 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 3:23:00 AM More reviews by lolacupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of this. It helps with the occasional zit, but I wouldn't say it would clear acne, at least for my normal/combo skin but I like the smell so will repurchase b/c it hasn;t broke me out

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Hoyden

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this, swatch tested it, found it was okay on my inner arm, but my face hated it.

It made my skin dry, itchy and super super red. I think that the 2% Salicylic Acid was just too much for my face.

I took it back to CVS & got a refund.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2009 5:57:00 AM More reviews by AnumAmjad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

okay, now i have used a ton of different cleansers but i have NEVER experience a rash or such a dramatic reaction to anything before trying this acne-wash. I have moderate acne which sometimes can get really bad, but i was going through a really good period where my skin was just healing old scars, with absolutely no new breakouts. I ran out of my Biore blemish fighting ice cleanser and thought i'd try Neutrogena since i'd never tried a product of theirs before.

BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE! my skin which had been healing over the past month and was soft and generally smooth. I was experiencing very SLIGHT dryness due to the weather, but my clinique cream always took care of that. After only 3 days of using this cleaner, my skin literally turned into SANDPAPER and little white bumps erupted all over the bottom half of my face. it was so bad that i actually had a family friend come up to me and tell me i should rush to a dermatologist immediately.

The skin on my face has been destroyed, even the edges of my mouth are cracking. I have been layering on creams throughout the day just to retain some bit of moisture, but even after four days my skin is still incredibly irritated.

i will NEVER purchase a Neutragena product again. I don't understand how this was even allowed onto the market without some kind of warning label. I'm going back to Biore.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by ChenchillaxChop

:( I really wanted to like this. Like many users said, this does smell really nice. The pros stop at that. I had a HUGE allergic reaction to this product. First, it dried my skin out really bad, and now my face stings to the touch. Also, it gave me a huge red rash all over my face, and it is now painful to the touch as well as puffy. This is a little bit scary. I read the ingredients on the back, too, very harsh and drying.
I would not recommend this to anyone.
*EDIT* The allergic reaction lasted for 3 days even with taking Benadryl, it was terrifying. My skin was still parched after that, as well. I'm not sure which ingredient in the product caused the reaction but gathering from all the other reviews the ingredients are very harsh.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Encie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i LOVE this product! i just got my second bottle today. i love the tiny beads, i love the scent, and i love that it actually helps my acne- prone skin. i would definitely recommend it to everybody.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Kat_rocks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

The smell is nice. But I had to stop using it because it dried my skin out so bad. It did to good of a cleansing job that it just backfired and I got flaky, red, painful to the touch- skin.
Just not my bag.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2009 10:10:00 AM More reviews by taybear96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Because of the changing season I thought I would try to use this again after loving it during the fall, BIG MISTAKE... at first I thought this was clearing up breakouts but it was reallly just creating them. I used this today and I was left with a bright red patch on my cheek, not a pimple... just a wierd piece of red skin! I'm going back to my gentle olive cleanser... if you have sensitive skin, stay away from this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product, because it worked really well! The only thing I hate about this prouduct is that the top comes off very easily, and it spilled all over my zune, and destroyed it. That's the only reason why I have'nt purchaced another.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 2:35:00 AM More reviews by rubii00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had this formula first and then decided to try the green one (redness soothing), but I prefer the grapefruit. I used this face wash without any issues. I even took this with me to Thailand where I vacationed for three weeks. I was pretty certain that I'd break out from change of weather/enviroment, but, nope, this cleanser kept my skin in line. It smells refreshing, too. The only complaint that I have with this is that it gets watered down too easily, which I blame for the poor packaging. I wash my face in the shower so, really, there's no way to get around that. The original, I think, is the one that is super overdrying that everyone is complaining about. And the green one is not efficient at keeping the breakouts away.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2009 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Paleskinblueeyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Be extremely careful with this! I used this back when my skin was super oily and I had acne all over my face. This didn't really clear it up, but it prevented new breakouts from forming. However, I had to stop using this because it dried me out beyond belief. My skin was flaking on my nose and cheeks, and I had extremely oily skin. The flaking was so bad that I couldn't wear makeup to cover my existent acne because my skin was so scalely.