Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

2.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Linoleamidopropyl, PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Red 40, Violet 2, Fragrance

on 5/27/2010 7:06:00 PM

This smells WAY better than the original orange-colored medicinal-scented formula of the acne wash.

However, it doesn't seem as effective as it's stinky predecessor. I'm not sure if the product is different or if it's because I'm older now than when I used the original formula before.

It didn't seem to rinse off cleanly enough nor prevent breakouts. It almost seemed to cause breakouts on my face, so I used the rest up as a body wash.

on 5/27/2010 5:13:00 AM

I got this when the unscented version was out of stock, figuring it'd be about the same thing. A lot of people like the scent, but I found it heinous, and I couldn't get it out of my nose. Then I noticed lots of bumps. I don't know if something else is different in the formulation, or if it's just the fragrance, but my skin reacted quite strongly. It's now sitting under my sink waiting for... I don't know. Me to have the gumption to trash it. If you're sensitive to fragrances, avoid this one.
I use the unscented CVS body wash version regularly (same thing, bigger bottle), and it's great for my sensitive, very oily skin. That one still comes highly recommended if your skin works well with salicylic acid.

on 5/26/2010 11:20:00 PM

What a nightmare. This cleanser should come with a warning label. I first used it on a Saturday night...my skin felt a little tight afterwards but nothing major. By Monday I had a full face of what looked like measles, but measles with little white heads. I am 37 years old, have generally good skin...maybe a slight bit sensitive...but I have NEVER had a reaction to a skincare product like this in my life. It is now Wednesday night and my skin shows no signs of improving even though I stopped using this horrific product 2 days ago. Pink grapefruit was one of my favorite scents in the world, but I feel like now getting a whiff of it will just remind me of the worst skin in my adult life. Ladies...run away from this unless you have the toughest, oiliest skin imaginable.

on 5/20/2010 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have sensitive skin (but not overly sensitive) and dry skin. I was just in the store and picked up a random face wash and I regret picking this up so much! It definitely does smell good, and I quite like the color... but that's as far as it goes. The first time I used the product, I was actually breaking out on my t-zone and the side of my faces. It made my skin feel moisturized TO THE TOUCH, but it felt really stretched to me. After the second time I used it, it burned while I was washing my face! When my skin dried, it flaked all over my cheeks and lip area! My t-zone and sides had gotten rid of ALL its acne, however. The flaking lasted for three days (I had to use tons and tons of Fruit of The Earth moisturizer) and was absolutely uncomfortable. I'm sure my "reaction" had to do with the artificial fragrances, vitamin C, and salicylic acid in the product... which explains why it cleared all of my breakouts. Do not use this product if you have sensitive, dry, or normal skin! It works well for my friend with oily skin, however.

I actually have the cream cleanser which is formulated much differently (which is very important!) Anyway, the cream cleanser version has glycolic acid in it and I wanted a cleanser that would exfoliate my skin gently and i wanted to take advantage of an aha product. Plus, this also contains salicylic acid which is also beneficial at clearing skin up and exfoliating. This cleanser really does an awesome job of cleansing, exfoliating, and making my pores smaller, my skin smooth and clearer, and evens out my skin tone. I only use it every other day as i find using aha's for me is too drying, thereby actually increasing whiteheads and acne due to over compensation of my skin (increases oil production) I have combo skin which tends to be more on the dry side and is a bit sensitive. When i use this every other day, my skin stays super soft! I do follow up with a good moisturizer (philosophy hope formula for dry sensitive skin) I use a cream cleanser on alternating days. I only cleanse at night and use water in the morning.

on 5/13/2010 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A lot of people are bashing on this product but I love it. I have been using it consistently for the past 6 months and my face is totally clear. I was not very impressed at first, so I gave the product time to work on my skin. I bought a backup just in case. Totally reccomend. This is my staple product. (I have oily skin so yeah...)

on 5/7/2010 11:46:00 PM

I truly do love this product! I am constantly battling with my acne, and this is the only cleanser that works for me. Although it doesnt completely get rid of my acne, because I am a make up user, it does a good job of taming it. This cleanser smells great and has a nice cooling sensation. I use it every morning and night. I even use it to remove my makeup!

on 4/28/2010 7:36:00 PM

I'm in the process of finding new cleansers that are effective at clearing the minor zits I get and bought this product one night... I didn't really notice anything particularly good or bad about this product other than the fact that it smelled really nice and once I ran out, I went out and bought a new cleanser (like I always do). However, I used the new product for 3 days and it totally wrecked my skin! I couldn't stand the fact that I had to continue using the horrible cleanser any more so I went out and bought the new cream cleanser from the Pink Grapefruit line. It's been about a week and my skin's all fresh and new! If you have dry or combination skin like I do, I suggest the cream cleanser because it doesn't overly dry out your skin.

on 4/27/2010 7:29:00 PM

This product didn't do anything for my acne. All it did was dry my face out to the point where no matter how much moisturizer I used, the flakes would still be there. I bought this because I was trying out all these different products hoping that they would clear up my face but they wouldn't work, and this one didn't either. I would not recommend this product to people with dry, normal or combination skin. I think only people with really oily skin can tolerate this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is average. Too average, for me to say that i'd re-buy it, because i'm looking for above average. I loved the smell, and finally bought it. ever since beginning college, my perfect skin in high school has been less than perfect. so i've been trying all the acne products i didn't need then. anyway, it didn't break me out any more than i'd already been breaking out, but it didnt really prevent any new breakouts. i didn't get as many of the painful, cystic zits that i'd been getting before i started using any acne products, but i still got little red ones and blackheads. Also the packaging for me is really inconvenient, as i travel often and the pump bottle didn't close. also i'd drop the bottle in the shower pretty often and water would leak in and dilute the product. Overall this isn't the worst, but as its not the best either, i'm moving on to try other new cleansers.