October 24, 2014 | 1905 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by AngryLittleAsianGirl

I love the pink grapefruit line! It smells very much like grapefruit and it definitely wakes me up in the morning. This is just like the original oil-free acne wash that neutrogena has, but the only difference is the smell. I have VERY OILY skin and this cleanser works very well on me. It doesn't foam too much but it definitely does the job and has cleared my skin. I will buy this again, great smell!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2010 2:08:00 AM More reviews by KatGib

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this stuff. I used the body wash first, which actually came with a free sample of the facial cleanser. I had to stop using the body wash because it was just too drying, although I did love the smell. I was sad to have to stop using it. I decided to try out the cleanser, and sadly, it was the same story. It dries out my face just enough to be annoying when I'm trying to put on makeup. So I just use it a couple times a week. My skin looks fantastic after I use it. I really wish that I could use it more often, but alas, such is life. I do recommend it for occasional use though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by rgu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I discovered this cleanser after becoming hooked on the scrub version of Neutrogena's Pink Grapefruit line (which I discovered b/c it won some aware on allure.com). This cleanser seems to be working so far; my whiteheads are reduced with frequent use and my pores are cleaner. Previously I'd used Clean and Clear's Advantage 3 in 1 Foaming Cleanser, which also has salicylic acid in it, but that didn't seem to clear up my whiteheads. I like this one because it gets rid of oil very well in addition to my whiteheads and blackheads. You just have to remember to use moisturizer afterwards.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

All I can say...is that this totally wrecked my skin!! T_T I am so sad because for a few months now I have had dewy, clear skin due to long-term use of Differin, however I am stilll plagued by annoying little whiteheads and blackheads. I have read in many sources that using salicylic acid is beneficial if you still have comedones after using a retinoid treatment. So, I figured using this salicylic acid cleanser would help. Plus, it is freakin pink and smells like grapefruit how could I resist...Well, after two days of using it my face is ultra dry like the desert. I have these random patches of flaky skin that do not go away no matter how much I exfoliate or moisturize. Argh!!! If you are using retinoids (Differin, Retin-A, etc) I do not recommend using this!! It is much too harsh on skin and wrecked mine!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Bianca910318

Ok so this is not the same cleanser that is posted on the picture to the right. The one i have is the grapefruit scrub, so i am not sure if this is it or not. Anyway i like the feeling, the smell, and the texture of the scrub, although i must say that after washing my face (which is oily by the way) my skin is left feeling very dry. I will use it up but i will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by omgkristay4267

I tried this out. It turned out good in the beginning. Now, it just doesn't seem to work, at all! Its already been a month!"/

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by anna8607

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Smells great, but again another neutrogena that feels like it doesn't really cleanse my skin. I dont have acne i just wanted something to keep it clear, after using this for a couple weeks i started getting breakouts and i realized its cuz this doesnt really clean your skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by camkale

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I will never use this product again. I just wanted a simple cleanser ad maybe something to clear the minor acne I had. Then I came along to this, so I decided what the heck! Its worth a try. After a week or so, it sucked badly. My skin seemed to pop out some more acne than I already have, after I use it my skin gets flaky and dry. The only bright side about this product was it smelled good. It was not worth $10 for the quality it was.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by runimina

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I want to like this product so so much, but I am on the fence about it. I have not used it long term, but here is my review anyway!

My friend and her boyfriend both use this and have great skin! No acne or blackheads AT ALL.
I use it sometimes when I am at her house if I am there overnight and don't bring my cleanser.

I've never noticed a smell before, at least not one that bothered me.
It's very drying, leaves my skin tight, but glowing and got rid of acne! I think the salicylic acid was the trick.

It's around $7. Cute pink color too. Nice pump bottle.

I think that if you have really resilient skin, that this could work for you. I thought the vitamin C was a good thing but later read that citric acid can be bad and make you photosensitive (sun sensitive) . So that immediately cuts it off my list.
I am worried about any potential damage, so I am staying away, but I really wish I could like this since it seems to clear acne fast. I'll find another Salicylic acid wash.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

My skin is so pissed at me for this! I have sensitive combo skin that can be a bit dry in the winter, I had been using the green anti-redness formula of this until recently but for some stupid reason I decided to shake things up.

I have tight, itchy, flaky, red dry skin with 4 cystic acne bumps (I haven't had cystic bumps on my chin in 5 years) after 10 days of using this. It took me a few days to put 2 and 2 together, but it has to be this face wash! It's awful. Harsh and drying yet still pore-clogging? No thanks!