December 19, 2014 | 1158 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by mattie612

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is the single worst product I have ever used.... I bought it because it was pink and smelled good, what a mistake. I used it and had a horrible allergic reaction, my skin was tight, red, dry, it was beyond anything I have ever experienced. I had to talk to a pharmacist because my reaction was so out of control. The only thing that helped was smearing vaseline all over my face...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by ARIEL17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this cleanser every night, before i go to bed. It does a good job of getting rid of most acne, and removes my face makeup. I love how it smells, (just like grapefruit)! I also like how it makes my face feel cleansed after i use it. I do recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Jazzminebrazil

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So, despite the comments i read i decided to try this product for myself i didn't purchase the one pictured above instead bought the "Oil Free Acne Wash Pink GrapeFruit Cream Cleanser" now i dont know how much of a difference it really makes but i really enjoy the cream cleanser instead of the regular facial wash, i feel that yes it does tend to leave your skin dry especially if you have dry skin already but used with a good moisturizer you should have no problems, i dont really have acne but i do get tiny bumps here and there and it keeps me from getting those and of course keeps away those blackheads, i think that everyones skin reacts differently to this product but for me it did work, but i can tell you the cream cleanser is better alternative then the scrub and the regular soap cleanser it's lighter and dosent have so much sacilyc acid. i do recommend trying this product if your willing to take a little risk i guess.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2010 1:49:00 AM More reviews by KiKiAKillah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When i first bought this i actually liked it but after a while it started burning my skin & drying it out like crazy!.it makes moisturizers burn my face also.It also made my skin flaky like.The Price Was Cool..But The packaging Is a problem..if its not sitting up right then the product leaks out of the top of it...i wouldnt never buy his again..i wouldnt recommend it either especially if u have dry skin..it just makes it dryer..

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by clolita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wish I had never touched this.
Do not, under any circumstances, use this product if you have sensitive or dry skin. I used it a total of 3 times. I woke up with a tight, flaky, stinging face. It had bright red spots on cheeks and chin. Even the gentlest moisturizer burns like fire. It hurts to touch my face. It hurts to get water on it. It has been 3 days since I stopped using it, and it still hasn't gotten any better.

If you plan on using it, please try it out on a small area first and wait a day to see if your skin reacts to it in a bad way.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by mmmelissa

I've been using this for about 3 months and it works great for me. It can be a bit drying but that's what moisturizer is for. This cleanser smells good and it did not make me break out. I have somewhat oily skin and it gets rid of it. You can probably use this twice a day because it isn't too harsh but I just use it once. The pump is really nice so you don't have to fiddle with opening a cap or anything. I like this stuff.

UPDATE: Although I do like this cleanser I feel that there is something better out there. It has started to make my skin feel a bit dryer than usual. I've started using st. ives new green tea scrub. I prefer using it than this cleanser but I have a bit left so I'll use it until its gone. I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by igimmeMAKEUP

i dont have a LOT of acne but i get breakouts sometimes and this helps control it.
its also good cause its oil free and my skin dosent feel oily afterward.
the smell is also really nice (:
when you cleanse, foam does appear but its really not huge bubbles of foam, its really light.
afterward, your skin feels really clean and nice.

but!, the only thing is that it kind of dries out your skin afterward so you should always use moisturizer after.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by AngryLittleAsianGirl

I love the pink grapefruit line! It smells very much like grapefruit and it definitely wakes me up in the morning. This is just like the original oil-free acne wash that neutrogena has, but the only difference is the smell. I have VERY OILY skin and this cleanser works very well on me. It doesn't foam too much but it definitely does the job and has cleared my skin. I will buy this again, great smell!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2010 2:08:00 AM More reviews by KatGib

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this stuff. I used the body wash first, which actually came with a free sample of the facial cleanser. I had to stop using the body wash because it was just too drying, although I did love the smell. I was sad to have to stop using it. I decided to try out the cleanser, and sadly, it was the same story. It dries out my face just enough to be annoying when I'm trying to put on makeup. So I just use it a couple times a week. My skin looks fantastic after I use it. I really wish that I could use it more often, but alas, such is life. I do recommend it for occasional use though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by rgu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I discovered this cleanser after becoming hooked on the scrub version of Neutrogena's Pink Grapefruit line (which I discovered b/c it won some aware on allure.com). This cleanser seems to be working so far; my whiteheads are reduced with frequent use and my pores are cleaner. Previously I'd used Clean and Clear's Advantage 3 in 1 Foaming Cleanser, which also has salicylic acid in it, but that didn't seem to clear up my whiteheads. I like this one because it gets rid of oil very well in addition to my whiteheads and blackheads. You just have to remember to use moisturizer afterwards.