Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

2.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Linoleamidopropyl, PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Red 40, Violet 2, Fragrance

on 6/23/2010 11:22:00 PM

All I have to say is that this is just a MEH cleanser. I have to admit that what made me buy this was the delicious smell of grapefruit; however, I've been using it for about two weeks and that smell has turned boring. I don't really feel like this cleanser deep cleans my skin as I like and I also think it is very hard to rinse; I really have to use lots of water to get rid of it completely and I don't like that. On the other hand, I can see why people with sensitive skin hate this products. The ingredients (most of all the fragrances) are full of irritating chemicals that can over dry the skin. It doesn't really dry me up nor makes me oilier, I just like to feel my skin really clean when using a cleanser and this isn't good at that. I will stick to my clear pore cleanser/mask

on 6/22/2010 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this because I own the body wash and I love it, so I thought this would work too. I was wrong, it's just a typical cleanser, nothing special really. Didn't see a real significant difference in my skin. Pretty drying to my already dry skin, which I thought was from the salicylic acid but my L'oreal 360 cleansers both have that as well and aren't drying to my skin. Sort of a waste, got it with a BOGO sale so I guess it's okay. Could do without it, might just give it away or something.

UPDATE--
I gave this another try because I didn't want it to go to waste, but man...it broke me out the worst I have in a while, took about a week to heal up 60%, now I got a couple scars...joy.

on 6/18/2010 3:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this cleanser after hearing a few good things about it. I have sensitive skin with some redness. I absolutely hate this cleanser. It is really harsh for my skin, very drying, and I really dislike the scent. I used it for a few weeks and then stopped because it wasn't doing anything to help with acne/redness. I will definitely never repurchase this again.

on 6/10/2010 10:51:00 PM

I love this product! I dicovered it in a Teen Vogue, and I decided to try it. It smells amazing, and it kept my skin clear. I had pretty clear skin before, with the occasional breakout, so I am not sure what it does to actually clear up widespread acne. All I know is that when i did get a pimple, it got rid of it in a couple days. The only problem I have with this product is with the packaging. I keep it in my shower, and it slowly fills with water and the water mixes with the actual formula. I wish they could just make the lid more airtight to solve my problem. The non-diluted product is amazing, though, so its worth it!

on 6/5/2010 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Honestly this stuff didnt work for me. I swear whenever I used it I broke out even more. It doesnt help my oily skin and doesnt get rid of acne. The results might be different for you, but was terrible for me.

on 6/5/2010 8:06:00 PM

The first day i used this it was fine, i saw a significant diff. in my breakouts just the next day. the day after that was when all the trouble started. it gave me insanely dry skin, and i have combo but more oily skin and veryyy sensitive skin, i am now stuck with these nasty dry flaky skin patches on my "moustache" area lol yes im a girl dont know what else to call it, and by my eyes on the SIDES its all gross and flaky and hard to the touch. it now burns to wash my face. back to my cetaphil i go... :(

on 6/3/2010 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great stuff. Smells wonderful, fresh and citrusy. It totally gets rid of the ocassional breakout on my chin. I wash with this whenever a breakout is coming on and it totally dries up zits. Love.

on 5/27/2010 7:06:00 PM

This smells WAY better than the original orange-colored medicinal-scented formula of the acne wash.

However, it doesn't seem as effective as it's stinky predecessor. I'm not sure if the product is different or if it's because I'm older now than when I used the original formula before.

It didn't seem to rinse off cleanly enough nor prevent breakouts. It almost seemed to cause breakouts on my face, so I used the rest up as a body wash.

on 5/27/2010 5:13:00 AM

I got this when the unscented version was out of stock, figuring it'd be about the same thing. A lot of people like the scent, but I found it heinous, and I couldn't get it out of my nose. Then I noticed lots of bumps. I don't know if something else is different in the formulation, or if it's just the fragrance, but my skin reacted quite strongly. It's now sitting under my sink waiting for... I don't know. Me to have the gumption to trash it. If you're sensitive to fragrances, avoid this one.
I use the unscented CVS body wash version regularly (same thing, bigger bottle), and it's great for my sensitive, very oily skin. That one still comes highly recommended if your skin works well with salicylic acid.

on 5/26/2010 11:20:00 PM

What a nightmare. This cleanser should come with a warning label. I first used it on a Saturday night...my skin felt a little tight afterwards but nothing major. By Monday I had a full face of what looked like measles, but measles with little white heads. I am 37 years old, have generally good skin...maybe a slight bit sensitive...but I have NEVER had a reaction to a skincare product like this in my life. It is now Wednesday night and my skin shows no signs of improving even though I stopped using this horrific product 2 days ago. Pink grapefruit was one of my favorite scents in the world, but I feel like now getting a whiff of it will just remind me of the worst skin in my adult life. Ladies...run away from this unless you have the toughest, oiliest skin imaginable.