April 19, 2014 | 1867 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Bamboo 6 Piece Brush Set

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2008 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Mojie

For the price, these are fantastic. You get a blush brush (which can double as a powder brush if you don't want a big one), a eyeshadow shading brush, an eyeliner brush, concealer brush and lash/brow groomer and a canvas brush roll for less than $20 ($15 at Ulta and about $11 or so at Target, last I checked). I would have liked to have seem a powder brush included in the set since rather than the brow groomer since it would get more use and most people buying a makeup brush set are going to need something to apply their powder with. It would just be more useful and a better choice to round out the selection in my opinion.

The brushes are made with soft, synthetic Taklon bristles (they aren't as soft as MUFE's or Too Faced's Taklon brushes, but they're still very nice)--with the exception of the brow brush, which is made from a tougher, bristlier synthetic material--and have bamboo handles and recycled aluminum ferrules. They're eco-chic, cruelty-free and sustainable.

BLUSH BRUSH: Nice and fluffy, but I'd prefer it to be a smidge bigger. It'll be plenty big for most people, it's just a personal preference for me. The handle is chunky, which makes it easy to grip, and short, which means you won't be smacking it into the mirror when you apply your blush if you're like me and lean in close to make sure the application is perfect. Picks up and deposits blush easily without any of it being absorbed into the bristles.

SHADING BRUSH: A good, all-around shadow brush. Not as nice as the higher end ones on the market, of course, but this does its job and it does it well.

EYELINER BRUSH: I haven't tried this because I don't wear eyeliner, but I do plan on using it with my MAC Paint Pot I've got coming, so I'll update when I know how well it works.

CONCEALER BRUSH: Dense and smooth with plenty of resistance to make it easy to lay down an even amount of concealer. It's still soft enough not to hurt the delicate areas of your face.

LASH/BROW GROOMER: The one tool out of the kit that I wasn't impressed with. The bristles on mine were out of whack and pointing in several different directions and the whole thing just looked and felt cheap compared to the other pieces. I won't be using this.

The case is decent but stiff. It's your basic brush roll and works well for storing the brushes, but I chose to put mine in a better brush case to protect them.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by pinkmagdusia

Great set for a great price.
I love the concealer brush for my cream eye shadows. Perfect!
They totally would work great as Christmas gifts, great idea!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2008 8:36:00 PM More reviews by productaholic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't say much more about this product. It's awesome quality for the price. It's environmentally friendly. It's cheap. This would be a great gift for girlfriends this Christmas. Who doesn't need more makeup brushes in their lives?! I would totally recommend these to anyone and everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2008 7:45:00 PM More reviews by lilbbybrat

I LOVE these brushes!! They are so soft, you don't feel any prickly bristles, they don't shed, and they're environmentally friendly! Not only that but they're only 10.99, and you get the powder brush, liner brush, eyeshadow brush, concealer brush and brow brush in a roll out! I washed, and rewashed them a few times already..they haven't shed but one or two hairs, and they've gone back to their original shape... However, for the concealer brush it seems to have stiffened up...But that doesn't sway my opinion from these cheap, lovely brushes...Definite buy, definitely will buy again if needed

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2008 10:19:00 PM More reviews by nakedmannequin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

$10-something at Walgreens.
These are GREAT BRUSHES.

Not just for the price. I've spent more on brushes that don't even halfway measure up to these.

I'm going back to get the foundation brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2008 2:34:00 AM More reviews by A9M8L

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use the blush brush more than any of the other brushes, and i actually use it for my mineral powder (over my foundation). the brush is SO soft, and works really well at setting my foundation without screwing it up, or making the powder look weird (which my other brush did). the only thing that bugs me is it seems to shed ALOT. i've pulled out lots of loose bristles, and i'm sure there will be more to come. i will repurchase, just because its fairly cheap, and is the softest brush i've come across!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2008 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Diemmy

I love these brushes because they're really soft and apply products so nicely. The eyeliner brush is soft enough to not hurt my eyes but sturdy enough to neatly apply eyeliner. I just wish the packaging was more practical.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Glamorous_

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Just bought them today for $10.99 @ RITE AID. The brushes are absolutely fantastic and I have a LOT of brushes!!! I didnt expect much for the price, I read it in Allure Magazine that Alicia Silverstone said it was her favorite makeup brushes, so I thought i;d give them a try. I'm very impressed. Its a REAL STEAL.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2008 7:43:00 PM More reviews by goldenina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a steal for such fab brushes!!! Picked up this set for just $11.99 at Target....love them...they fit in my purse...and each piece does a great job!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2008 9:12:00 PM More reviews by sixxmum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a wonderful little travel brush set! This set of brushes comes with a powder/blush brush, eyeshadow brush, concealer brush, liner brush, brow/lash brush and a hemp brush roll. It's all housed inside of a resealable plastic pouch and can be purchased for $10 (Target) to $15 (Ulta). The brushes have bamboo handles, recycled metal ferrules, and golden talkon fibers. So, they are not only environmentally friendly, but also soft. The brushes pick up pigments and powder well and don't tend to "spill" it before application. The handles are a little more generous in length than most travel brush sets, so if you want something purse sized it might be a little long (depending on the size of your purse, of course). I would highly recommend this for a cute little inexpensive set.