October 20, 2014 | 881 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Brush Set

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 1:41:00 PM More reviews by stellina

Never in a million years would I have believed that dirt cheap synthetic makeup brushes could be so good. I was in the market for replacing some old MAC brushes from one of their holiday sets (not as good as their regular line) & after reading the reviews, I figured I had only $10 to lose if they didn't work. I was surprised beyond belief - these are incredibly soft, densely packed, and work just as well as my more expensive natural hair brushes. Given the super low cost, I also no longer have to fret about traveling with them. I hope they come out with some additional types soon, especially for eyeshadow. The set is an incredible value.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by miyoshi637

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush set. I use the blush, eye shadow, and concealer brush everyday. The eye shadow brush has become my fav. It packs on my Mineral Eyeshadow very well and blends it all like a dream. The brush's are super soft and well worth the $9.99 I spent on them. Plus they're synthetic and made from renewable sources, how can you go wrong with brush's like this?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2008 11:16:00 AM More reviews by RACHJOY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought these brushes at Walgreens on sale for about $10 for the set. I love these brushes. They are !) beautiful 2) eco friendly 3) of superb quality and 4) cheap! I have yet to have a hair fall out of an of these brushes and they are washed weekly! The brushes are also so soft! The blush, powder, eye shadow, and concealer brushes are all tapered and made with synthetic fibers that are unbelievably soft! Great color pickup too. I have bought expensive brushes and I have thrown them out after finding these. Really no comparison as my expensive brushes have dropped hairs and lost their ability to apply like they did when they were new. Go buy these brushes. It will be the best investment you have made in a long time, and cheapest too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 5:09:00 AM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is hands down the best find I've had in a long, long time. The five piece set by Ecotools includes a blush brush, a lash comb/brow brush combo, a shadow shading brush, an eyeliner brush, a concealer brush, and a fabric brush roll to store your brushes in when you travel.

I guarantee that you will not find a better value. These came out to just about $13 Canadian. The brushes sell individually for between $3 and $6. I was just going to buy the shadow and eyeliner brushes for $4 each when I realized that for just $4 more I could get three other brushes. It was a no brainer.

As incredibly cheap as these are, they are beautiful brushes. I have no idea how or why they are priced so low. You better snap some up before they start raising the prices, because these are easily better than some of the brushes I've seen for double or triple the price. They're so soft, densely bristled, and work very well. I've been using them for mineral makeup and they're just perfect.

The only brush that feels a little cheap is the brow brush - it's a bit scratchy, but it does the job. All the other brushes are beautiful and look and feel like expensive brushes. The satin aluminum shafts look stunning against the pale bamboo wood, and the bristles are luxuriously dense and soft. I will write individual reviews of each of the brushes so I won't go into that here.

And then on top of the incredible price and the great quality, these brushes are earth-friendly. The handles are made from bamboo, which is highly sustainable. The bristles are synthetic Taklon. The metal band is made from recycled aluminum. Even the brush roll is made of cotton and hemp, and the plastic package is like a thick ziplock bag that can be reused.

Just know that if you buy these brushes you will get a fantastic product at a bargain price, and that you will be supporting an earth-friendly and animal-friendly company at the same time. I urge you to give these a try! For those in Canada, the line is carried by London Drugs.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2008 5:00:00 PM More reviews by wmoyal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Disappointed after reading the reviews...these are very stiff and I don't feel they apply dry product well. They may have potential for cream based products. Will probably only use the eyeliner brush. Even for the cheap price, have very little use for these and mad I wasted my money. I have definately been spoiled by the soft higher end brushes that last for years.
*Edit...if looking at the blush brush alone, I would give a 3-4...it is soft. Pickup of blush is fair.
Edit: Using blush brush, good results. Using the other brush for foundation, fair, usable. Eyeshadow brush failed. Liner pretty good. Updated to 3.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 3:28:00 AM More reviews by just_a_small_town_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Somehow, I stumbled upon reviews for these heavenly brushes. I had been wanting a good set of brushes for a while now, and didn't understand what the praise for these brushes were for. I was like, "$10.99 for 5, of what seems to be, 'the most amazing brushes ever'.." ....right. But.. while on a hopeful run to Walgreens to find yellow tissue paper to help some college boys complete a homecoming float, I was waiting for my friend and I saw these. Remembering the such great reviews, I had to feel the testers they had hanging with the brushes. I think I fell in love. I remembered a review saying they searched many, many Walgreens stores before they found these brushes.. and with one 5-piece set (Blush Brush, Eye Shading Brush, Eyeliner Brush, Lash/Brow Groomer, & Concealer Brush all in a cute little Cosmetic Brush Roll) left.. I grabbed it! I also picked up a Powder Brush & a Foundation Brush just for the fact that I loved them, they're appearantly hard to find, and just because I could! I'm very impressed at how much better these brushes apply a pressed bronzer I use when compared to the brush I had previously been using! The coverage was so much more even and smoother. : ] I'm so happy to have found these, especially without paying a ridiculous, huge amount of money! haha

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2008 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Mojie

For the price, these are fantastic. You get a blush brush (which can double as a powder brush if you don't want a big one), a eyeshadow shading brush, an eyeliner brush, concealer brush and lash/brow groomer and a canvas brush roll for less than $20 ($15 at Ulta and about $11 or so at Target, last I checked). I would have liked to have seem a powder brush included in the set since rather than the brow groomer since it would get more use and most people buying a makeup brush set are going to need something to apply their powder with. It would just be more useful and a better choice to round out the selection in my opinion.

The brushes are made with soft, synthetic Taklon bristles (they aren't as soft as MUFE's or Too Faced's Taklon brushes, but they're still very nice)--with the exception of the brow brush, which is made from a tougher, bristlier synthetic material--and have bamboo handles and recycled aluminum ferrules. They're eco-chic, cruelty-free and sustainable.

BLUSH BRUSH: Nice and fluffy, but I'd prefer it to be a smidge bigger. It'll be plenty big for most people, it's just a personal preference for me. The handle is chunky, which makes it easy to grip, and short, which means you won't be smacking it into the mirror when you apply your blush if you're like me and lean in close to make sure the application is perfect. Picks up and deposits blush easily without any of it being absorbed into the bristles.

SHADING BRUSH: A good, all-around shadow brush. Not as nice as the higher end ones on the market, of course, but this does its job and it does it well.

EYELINER BRUSH: I haven't tried this because I don't wear eyeliner, but I do plan on using it with my MAC Paint Pot I've got coming, so I'll update when I know how well it works.

CONCEALER BRUSH: Dense and smooth with plenty of resistance to make it easy to lay down an even amount of concealer. It's still soft enough not to hurt the delicate areas of your face.

LASH/BROW GROOMER: The one tool out of the kit that I wasn't impressed with. The bristles on mine were out of whack and pointing in several different directions and the whole thing just looked and felt cheap compared to the other pieces. I won't be using this.

The case is decent but stiff. It's your basic brush roll and works well for storing the brushes, but I chose to put mine in a better brush case to protect them.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by pinkmagdusia

Great set for a great price.
I love the concealer brush for my cream eye shadows. Perfect!
They totally would work great as Christmas gifts, great idea!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2008 8:36:00 PM More reviews by productaholic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't say much more about this product. It's awesome quality for the price. It's environmentally friendly. It's cheap. This would be a great gift for girlfriends this Christmas. Who doesn't need more makeup brushes in their lives?! I would totally recommend these to anyone and everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2008 7:45:00 PM More reviews by lilbbybrat

I LOVE these brushes!! They are so soft, you don't feel any prickly bristles, they don't shed, and they're environmentally friendly! Not only that but they're only 10.99, and you get the powder brush, liner brush, eyeshadow brush, concealer brush and brow brush in a roll out! I washed, and rewashed them a few times already..they haven't shed but one or two hairs, and they've gone back to their original shape... However, for the concealer brush it seems to have stiffened up...But that doesn't sway my opinion from these cheap, lovely brushes...Definite buy, definitely will buy again if needed