September 19, 2014 | 1925 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2003 8:36:00 PM More reviews by scorpio13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is just terrible. Leaves your makeup on your face or on your towel after you try to dry it. Worse, it leaves a horrible film on your face. I really don't understand what people love about this product. There are much better more effective products out there that are relatively inexpensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2003 7:56:00 PM More reviews by AMy_dAMiEe

I could see where this product would be good on sensitive skin but I have very oily skin and after I wash it I can still feel the oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2003 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Joseybird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very dry and sensitive skin and this cleanser was perfect! It thoroughly cleaned my face without drying it out or irritating it. I highly recommend cetaphil for anyone with sensitive skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2003 9:07:00 PM More reviews by kristiwollin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product and I have worked for both Lancome and Bobbi Brown. Why pay $20+ for a cleanser when Cetaphil does the same thing and is a whole lot more gentle.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2003 12:10:00 PM More reviews by snowboardergal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

u all are crazy...this product rox!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2003 4:08:00 PM More reviews by juliagott

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am still not sure about this product... I can see why people love it - it does leave a nice feeling on the skin after cleansing, but I like cleansers that do it all - take off make-up, deep down clean and leave skin refreshed. This product did not take my make-up off, which leads me to believe it did not deep down clean, either - I still felt "dirty" after using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2003 8:44:00 PM More reviews by glowgirl65

I am in my late 30s with combination/sensitive/sun-damaged skin. I recently went on a quest to find my miracle product that was...well, quite honestly, more *exciting* than the Cetaphil I've been using for several years. After trying lots of products, spending lots of money, and getting LOTS of zits, I'm going back to Cetaphil. It's simple and gentle. It doesn't rinse off like soap, but it doesn't feel "filmy" either. (I can definitely tell when it's all off, unlike with other "gentle" cleansers like Olay Foaming Facial Wash.) So Cetaphil isn't flashy and sexy, so what? It's a solid, effective product that works wonders and pampers the skin. There's a good reason that dermatologists have been recommending this stuff for a bazillion years. In fact, I started using it after asking my boss with the flawless skin what she used, and sure enough it was Cetaphil, at the recommendation of her dermatologist. (Before that, she had suffered from adult acne.) I'll use this product forever.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2003 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Juniper294

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is definatly not for the oily skinned. I felt like I was applying a lotion on my face that just would not rinse off. I wonder if I should just throw it out?

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2003 9:37:00 AM More reviews by MelissaLG

I thought I was a freak of nature because I hated this cleanser...but then I found MUA! Now I know I'm not alone. It seemed to me that Cetaphil left a film on my skin and by acne increased. Yuck!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2003 12:32:00 PM More reviews by cutiepatootie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Here I am, 46 y/young, and I've just discovered this product! Actually, I discovered it through my teenage son who's having his fair share of acne. The dermatologist recommended it, and since then I've been using it as well as my teenage daughter. We all have different types of skin, and are all getting very good results from it. I've got fairly dry skin with occasional breakouts, and this cleanser is very gentle, doesn't upset my sensitive skin and doesn't leave my skin feeling tight after cleansing. My daughter says it's almost like a lotion, but it's really a cleanser, but it feels like a lotion, it's like... the bomb! It's true, and we'll be buying the Costco size for some time to come. A+