Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 11/4/2003 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

My daughter's doctor had recommended this over a year ago for her sensative skin. I started using it because of MUA and it does work well. Nothing spectacular but it doesn break me out which I guess is a really good thing! =o)

on 11/4/2003 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I can see this product working for some people... but for me - NO, not at all.
I wear make-up and this stuff does a terrible job (if any job at all) at removing the makeup.
Also, I found that this stuff actually breaks my face out!! And it breaks it out bad... Could it be from the light film that it leaves on my face? Probably. So, if you don't wear make-up, you're not prone to breakouts and if your skin tends to be on the dry side, I recommend this product. Otherwise, don't waste your money. Edit: If you want something similar to Cetaphil, but something that does not leave a film, and washes off ALL makeup (including eye MU), as well as leaves your skin soft and subtle - please try Alpha Hydrox brand, foaming face wash.... it's the best!

on 11/3/2003 8:39:00 PM

This is a nice, gentle cleanser. It's great for sensitive skin like mine, particularly if it's dry. It's fairly good at removing eye makeup as well. It doesn't foam very well, so I have switched to Purpose's foaming cleanser, which is also great for sensitive skin. I don't use this anymore, but I would go back to Cetaphil if Purpose was discontinued.

on 11/3/2003 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It didn't clean my face at all. I still felt very oily on my face.

I buy the CVS brand which has the same ingredients. I use it every night to remove makeup, but I do not use water. I put it on and wipe it off with tissues. I have dry-ish skin so I like that it leaves the film on my face. My skin is soft in the morning.

it leaves a nice clean feeling but just isn't enough for my skin. does a good job though

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

THis product is very mild which is good for my very very sensitive dry dry dry skin. And it does leave a thin flim of emollients that help nourish my dry skin. However, it DOES NOT CLEAN my makeup off. Especially my eye makeup. Arrgghhhhh....

on 10/28/2003 10:11:00 PM

This product didn't work for me. I don't know what all the hype is about. It didn't work the "miracle" it was supposed to in clearing up my skin. Much too mild for those with more than one little bump on the chin, IMHO. But I guess if you have perfect skin, this would be a decent cleanser.

on 10/28/2003 10:28:00 AM

This broke me out like no other product ever has, I can't believe celebrity derm P. Wexler always recommends this! Also, I had the same experience as the other reviewer who said that it burned her face. Does the opposite of clean, doesn't remove eye makeup, burns!

I really love this product because it is gentle. When your face needs a break this and it is tired of being "chemicalized" and exfoliated, this is the way to go. I really like that it is non irritating to the eyes so when you wash your face, you don't have to worry about it getting in your eyes. You can use it even without water. I prefer it with but still. This is a great choice!

Video Reviews & Tutorials