December 22, 2014 | 1506 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2003 9:34:00 AM More reviews by modegirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was recommended to use only this as a teenager by my derm because of eczema. I used it faithfully for years.

It does a decent job, but I always felt like it didn't give me any satisfaction when I used it. This is hard to explain; I felt it felt like thinned out hand lotion (and I hate to sound gross, but it looks alot like a body fluid that I won't mention here); it never rinsed "clean" and it didn't do the best job of removing makeup. On the plus, it's not that expensive and they give you alot.

I grew up and found much better "sensitive" skin cleansers

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2003 6:02:00 AM More reviews by jaypulliam

this stuff is crap and makes me break out. I used to use it because I was brainwashed by dermatoligists who obviously get paid a pretty penny from galderma to endorse this cleanser along with medications like Differin. I love cetaphil moisturizing cream for my acnegenic skin, but this stuff has got to go. try neutrogena extra gentle cleanser, is a million times better

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2003 11:47:00 PM More reviews by SweetPinkRagdoll

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING CLEANSER!!! I have been using this for several years and I truly love this from the bottom of my heart. It cleans my skin but doesnt make it dry and over stripped but at the same time clean and soft. Perfect for sensitive, or irritated skin. Doesnt foam (which I like) and it has no fragrance to it at all. For $10 for a huge bottle this is well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2003 5:53:00 PM More reviews by sgallo

This is the only product I wash my face with, save the few samples I get now and then. I always receive compliments on my skin, and the women at the makeup counter always ask if I use their XYZ cleanser and always blush when I reply that I use only Cetaphil. It doesn't foam, but that's because there are no harsh detergents added. This is the best cleanser on the market.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2003 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Peri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've always been really annoyed by Cetaphil. I really dislike it, due to the fact that I don't feel at all clean after using it. Its too slimy and light to get any makeup or dirt off my face. I feel like it does nothing, so I'm surprised many dermatologists reccomend it to people with less-than-perfect skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2003 1:24:00 PM More reviews by cyndi

This is the cleanser I keep coming back to for my combination skin. It cleanses without drying out my face especially in the winter and takes off my makeup pretty well too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2003 1:34:00 PM More reviews by trish575

My boyfriend introduced my to this cleanser, which has now become my all-time favourite. This cleanser is very gentle and works best for those with dry, sensitive skin or those who wear little makeup. I find it a little too moisturizing in the summer months (which in Toronto is basically Jun-Aug). I always use a toner right after cleansing, and between the two, all traces of dirt seem to disappear. It is also great for washing ears and belly buttons.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2003 9:58:00 PM More reviews by ashersmom

This is an okay cleanser. One reviewer said you have to use it with a washcloth to really clean your skin, which is true--however, i prefer not to use a washcloth on my skin. It is probably best for very dry skin, and for those who are not sensitive to Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. Since i'm allergic to that ingredient, i can't use it anymore.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2003 5:37:00 PM More reviews by lillet

All the raves from magazines and doctors have made me buy this not once but several times. I will eagerly try it, want it to be my HG cleanser, and then break out after three days. At that point, I swear to never use it again and throw it away. But then I read article after article about its wonders and its cheapness, and I think, I must have been wrong. So a year late, I buy another bottle and break out again. I just don't get why it doesn't work for me. My combination skin usually thrives on very gentle cleansers. Maybe it just doesn't clean my face enough or my skin won't tolerate the SLS, not sure which, but I won't I will ever buy again...I promise.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2003 5:39:00 PM More reviews by endlessmike

I don't use this product as a cleanser because it doesn't make my face feel clean (even though it may actually be cleaning it). however, used sparingly it is a good moisturizer. so if you are unsatisfied with it as a cleanser, perhaps you can still get your money's worth.