Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 10/21/2003 1:04:00 AM

I just love it. It's gentle enough to use every day on my face without any irritation. I don't break out either which is a huge plus.

on 10/20/2003 6:02:00 PM

I love this product. I have slightly sensitive skin and find myself coming back to this cleanser even though i like to try new products. this takes off my makeup and doesn't irritate my skin. I'm the type of girl who doesn't like to wear alot of makeup--more the lipgloss and mascara and out the door. this helps me to not have to deal with the concealer and foundation everyday! It lasts forever and I first became hooked on the product 8 years ago when I had to see a dermatologist because the neutrogena lotion gave me a nasty allergic skin irritation with red bumps all over my face. This cleared it up with irritating it and i have loved this ever since!

Didn't cleanse well at all. My skin is on the oily side, and I could never get away with skipping toner or astringent after using Cetaphil cleanser. And the cotton was never, ever clean after astringent was applied. Philosophy's purity made simple is absolutely the stuff to use if you like non-foamy cleansers that take off eye-makeup and tone your skin!

I love this product. It is not foamy and cleanses extremely well! Other skin cleansers cause pimples, but this is the best cleanser I have found yet. I have an oily face so I was looking for a cleanser which doesn't strip my face of oil otherwise it gets so dry! Love it and recommend it!

on 10/19/2003 1:50:00 AM

Yick! Not a good cleanser at all - caused clogged pores and blemishes but only b/c it lacked cleansing power! Felt like wax on the face. Separate make-up remover is a must with this product (or, instead use a REAL cleanser!) It was gentle...but only b/c it did NOTHING. Will not purchase again

on 10/19/2003 12:02:00 AM

Cetaphil skin cleanser is an excellent, non-drying cleanser, which is very similiar to Philosphy's "Purity" without all horrible smell, oils, and many, many ingredients. I read somewhere before that sometimes the less ingredients a product has, it is usually of better quality. Cetaphil is a perfect example. No, it is not a foaming cleanser, but it is not supposed to be. It gently removes makeup, eye makeup, and all dirt and grime. It also does not aggravate any of my cystic acne bumps I seem to get once a month. If you don't like creamy lotion-type cleansers, then I would recommend the Cetaphil bar. However, this cleanser IS NOT greasy, nor is it too heavy. Some people just prefer a more foaming/soapy type cleanser, so they might like the bar instead.

on 10/17/2003 5:13:00 PM

I love this stuff. I have sensitive combination skin and it is perfect for me. Never leaves me dry or oily. The best part is I don't have to worry about it irritating my contacts because it is so gentle. That makes it great for removing eye makeup.

on 10/16/2003 9:36:00 PM

The dermatologist told me to use this for my dry (cycstic) acne-prone skin. It's very gentle (it does sting my face if I leave it on for too long, though, which seems weird) and it does leave a film so that your skin won't feel stripped. It really does help my skin stay calm. Every once in a while, I switch to something else, but I always end up coming back to Cetaphil.

on 10/16/2003 1:12:00 PM

I like this cleanser.
It does leave a film so if you want something that will leave your face feeling "clean" .. this won't do it. I find it to be good and really simple.
I don't know if this is for oily skin types, I doubt it.
I have oily skin which sometimes gets really dry so I use this when my skin is dry.
Try it... you could get a small bottle for $4. I think its worth a shot.

on 10/15/2003 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm actually reviewing Walmart's Equate brand of Cetaphil. This is a definite HG for me. I use it every morning and at night after washing my makeup off. It leaves my skin soft, smooth, and never causes breakouts. I've found this to be much better than the Cetaphil brand. Cetaphil irritated my face. Try Equate before you shelf out the $ for Cetaphil. It's cheap and very effective.