April 16, 2014 | 1558 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2003 12:32:00 AM More reviews by bruner3

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The key to making this work is to use it on dry skin. I rub it into my skin & then use a cottonball to remove all makeup (gentle enough to not irritate eyes). Then I rub on a little more (still on a dry face) and then rinse. I have absolutley no trace of makeup on my cottonball when/if I use my toner. I have never had problems with breakouts using this. Rinses easily and leaves my skin soft & clear. Great price too!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2003 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Spunky_Princess

A true staple! It gently cleanses my face, leaving it soft and not irritated. It rinses off easily, and leaves no film. Just make sure to rub it onto your dry face and then rinse, because if you wet your face first it won't work. I love that it's in a pump--keeps everything tidy and hygienic.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2003 7:38:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't understand all the acclaim given to this product. It did nothing to my face except make it oily. It didn't really feel like it cleansed my face at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2003 4:19:00 PM More reviews by mspears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really hate this cleanser. I don't understand what all of the hype is about for this product. My skin broke out terribly from the day that I started using this cleanser until the day that I stopped.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2003 8:34:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I get the feeling some people aren't using this cleanser properly. You rub it onto your dry skin - you don't wet your face first! That's the only way it can grab onto and dissolve the makeup and other dirt. You then use water to rinse it off. I've used it since my early 30's and love it - non-irritating but very clean with no tight feeling. Especially good if you use treatment creams that leave your face sensitive.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2003 4:05:00 PM More reviews by dhavan

I really like this product a lot. It cleanses very effectively and does not leave a tight feeling. In the summer, it's a bit too light... so I have to use another foaming cleanser to get rid of excess oil. But overall this is a good solid cleanser for people with sensitive/combo skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2003 5:57:00 PM More reviews by HollyE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yuck, I used this for probably 6 months on my face, because I had read that Ashley Judd used it. I've never had such raw and itchy skin as I did when I used it. It REALLY irritated my sensitive skin. If you can use it without any irritation, great!, but it was not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2003 8:28:00 PM More reviews by westside

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is probably one of the most infamous and well-hated or loved products ever. I love it because it does not dry out my skin or smell badly. It's cheap and you can get it anywhere. But Cetaphil does not do a good job of washing off eye makeup or matte foundation. But I love it because it does not irritate my skin; it's something reliable that I can always return to. I've had the same 16 oz. bottle for over five years! What do they put in it?! It still works!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2003 5:34:00 PM More reviews by LABRUJACLAUDIA

I used this product for many years as it was the only thing that would work on my sensitive skin. But I always felt this cream did not completely clean my skin but it was still the best I could find. Around 3 yrs ago I decided to use baby wash as I had run out of cetaphil and my skin felt clean and great, ever since I have been using baby cleanser, any brand of baby cleanser ( but Johnson & Johnson is my favorite ) and it works great. Ladies: stop spending money on skin cleansers and give baby cleanser a try..if it good enough for sensitive new born skin it is good enough for any skin..at least this is my opinion. Everybody who has followed my advise on this have been very happy with the results. I still gave 3 lipsticks to Cetaphil as it is a good product for sensitive skin...but not as good as baby cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2003 6:04:00 PM More reviews by tkonjura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Apparently, this is one of those products that you either love or hate....I love it! I've used it for years in the same way that another MUA'er has noted....every morning, and any evening that I haven't worn a lot of makeup. I have combination to oily skin, so I usually use the "water rinse" method. (However, in the winter when my cheeks are a little bit drier, I can use the "tissue off" as well.) I have NO problems with breakouts from this cleanser, as a matter of fact, I used this to clear me up after my Dove Foaming Face Cloth debaucle. (Don't get me started about that one!) The product is recommended by just about every dermatologist on the planet (the ones that don't recommend it are probably the ones that tell you to wash with Ivory Soap.) An absolute fixture in my bathroom.