Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 11/12/2003 9:58:00 PM

this stuff is horrible, all the chemicals are not good for your skin, try more natural products from aubrey organics, or carol's daughter and your skin will improve 10 fold.

on 11/12/2003 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Cetaphil honestly does nothing for your skin but cover it with a fine film that you can feel after you wash it. For all of you who are tempted to try it, save your energy and try something else that works. I've switched over to MD Forte Facial Cleanser II and I've had results in two days. Cetaphil does nothing to relieve pore congestion or help your skin. Stay away from this cleanser unless you want to waste your money and feel depressed about your skin!

on 11/12/2003 1:29:00 AM

This is my favorite skincare product ever! True, it doesn't take off make-up, but I just use a toner to do that.

on 11/11/2003 10:46:00 AM

When I was in my teens, this stuff was horrible. Did nothing to help with the acne, didn't take off makeup well-- I had no use for it, despite the urgings of my dermatologist.

However, now that I'm turning 40, this stuff is pretty good. It's gentle, it doesn't dry out or irritate my sensitive, combo skin. It *still* doesn't take off makeup well, but the addition of a non-drying toner works wonders. For the price, it's pretty good stuff.

on 11/9/2003 10:29:00 PM

This stuff never worked for me. It left my skin feeling filmy, and I hate cleansers that don't lather. My dermatologist recommended Cetaphil antibacterial bar soap for dry, sensitive skin (Which I had neither, in fact quite the opposite, so I thought "What?" But he knew what he was talking about). The bar version of Cetaphil is sooooooooooo much better!!! If you have occasional breakouts or quite a few (I was "occasional" rapidly becoming pizza-face) try the bar!!!! I hope you'll be as pleasantly surprised as I was :)

on 11/9/2003 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin, and I also break out severely from any type of surfacants. Well I bought this cleanser from Rite Aid for around $13 for 16 oz. (which is expensive considering the normal price of it is $10.50 but oh well). I was using Kiehl's Washable Cleansing Milk before this, and I wanted to try something new. I was very apprehensive to try this because it contains sodium lauryl sulfate, which is surfacant. But I kept on hearing that it had less than 1% of sodium lauryl sulfate, so I decided to take a chance on it. Surprisingly enough, it did not break me out at all so far. I apply this cleanser to my dry face and gently massage it in. Then I rinse with cold water. I have not noticed any type of film that everyone keeps on talking about; maybe their not rinsing well? But anyways, it is any extremely gently cleanser, that I enjoy using very much. I highly recommend it!

on 11/9/2003 8:07:00 AM

I love this product!!! It is very gentle on my sensitive skin and caused no irritation whatsovever. I high recommend this product to anyone with sensitive skin.

on 11/7/2003 4:24:00 PM

My dermatologist recommended this when I was a teen, and I've used it for about 10 years. Very gentle, in fact, my mother is a nurse and her hospital uses it on preemies and burn victims delicate skin. It won't get off caked on, all day makeup, but is good for general use.

on 11/7/2003 1:56:00 AM

great cleanser for sensitive skin ! I use it on my face and my body for about 3 yrs

on 11/6/2003 6:22:00 PM

maybe its just me.. but i need atleast some foam too feel clean. this didnt give me any. so i just felt like i was rubbing more crap on my face and not cleaning it at all.

Video Reviews & Tutorials