November 22, 2014 | 1924 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2003 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Smilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Another makeup artist's favorite...sigh (see my comments about Maybelline's "Great Lash" mascara). This is a decent, but not great, product. It does NOT remove makeup well. The only time I use it is in the morning, during winter, when my skin is dry. Otherwise it leaves my face feeling a little greasy. My husband likes it and doesn't wash his face with anything else--he says he likes it because it DOESN'T make his face feel greasy.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2003 3:45:00 AM More reviews by junior_k

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is always recommended everywhere, my friend swears by it too, and she had the best skin. Plus dermatologists recommend it. But it didn't do anything for me. Maybe it's just not right for my skin (combination skin, but very oily t-zone). Yes, it made my skin feel softer, but I kept breaking out. I thought it must be something else, but after I stopped using it, the acne and cysts stopped, but then after trying again, got more acne. I actually even thought that maybe it was some kind of "conspiracy" from the dermatologists, they recommend you to use it, so you'll be filing back into their office for their expensive treatments. I wouldn't personally buy this again, but my friend stocks up and it works great for her (she has combination skin too, but not as oily as mine)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2003 12:29:00 AM More reviews by SarahKi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Basically this product is good for people who have dry to normal skin, my skin is pretty oily and when I wash my face with it, my face feels even more oilier than it was before I washed it! I personally wouldnt buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2003 3:37:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't know whether to love this cleanser or not - I give it raves for the minimal ingredients and no dyes/fragrances, so the most sensitive skinned can use this. It's also multipurpose as an all over body wash. However, I don't really like the emollient consistency - it's almost slimy, and my skin doesn't feel totally clean after rinsing unless I use a toner afterwards. This doesn't dissolve makeup too well either - it's better to use some cloth cleansing wipes. I'd only resort to using Cetaphil if there wasn't anything else around the house, - it's just TOO gentle for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2003 3:10:00 PM More reviews by ronitabandita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Here's a trick to get that make-up off with Cetaphil. Before you take a shower, rub cetaphil all over your face, deep down till your face is foamy white. Then just putter around (get undressed, make sure the shower water temp is just right, etc.). Take your shower and towards the end of the shower, rinse off the cetaphil and be sure to use a face cloth. Afterwards, your skin will be baby soft and make-up free. If you have oily skin like I, be sure to use a stronger cleanser 1-2 times a week to remove hidden dirt & oil. Cetaphil is gentle so it prevents breakouts by not introducing foreign chemicals to your face. Think of it as the HMO of face washes. I like it lots.
P.S. Buy the store brand. It's the same thing and cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2003 1:29:00 PM More reviews by mskim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's not very exciting, but it's a necessity for me. My skin's dry and sensitive so this is the best every day skin wash for me. It's a great product, and I will probably use it for the rest of my life. However, I do buy the knock-off drugstore brands instead of the name product because it's cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2003 2:09:00 PM More reviews by chopstix888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is a good and simple cleanser IF you don't have oily skin and aren't trying to remove makeup. because of these reasons, i use it only in the mornings when i wake up. at other times, it is not strong enough.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2003 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Violeta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First a big rant : I am sick and tired of that people that used this cleanser ONCE in their life to come and right 10 rants just because they feel so. I feel that it is not right for the people that come here to read the reviews and to get an idea about this product.

As for the cleanser, from all the cleansers that I have used this is the only one that doesn’t dry my skin at all. I have seen a difference though when I went on vacation and the water was different, so maybe a lot of you out there have a type of water that just doesn’t cut it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2003 4:48:00 PM More reviews by grenadine_00

Indeed, gentle AM cleanser, particularly after nightly Retin-A/AHAs. Had tried this dermatologists' darling in my late be-pimpled teens without success as it only exacerbated acne. However, years later, works well for my sensitive/combo skin - simple, non-drying, soothing. Not a make-up remover, hence AM. I do rinse, however, as the thought of leaving cleanser on my skin is distinctly unpalatable. So, give it another try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2003 2:04:00 PM More reviews by kimk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used this for years, and it's great stuff IF you're not trying to take off makeup with it. Then it stinks. It's a perfect AM cleanser, or just to refresh your face if you're not wearing makeup. It rinses cleanly, and leaves my face soft! Love it!