Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 11/27/2003 3:01:00 AM

luckily i never had to buy this (my sis keeps a bottle at home for when she visits and stays overnight). i use it when i'm out of my own cleanser and don't quite understand its rep as a holy grail cleanser.. it leaves a film, doesn't remove makeup, plus i hate the packaging and the fact that it doesn't foam.. i just feel like i'm slabbing goo all over my face for nothing! but that's jmo, i have combo skin and maybe it wasn't meant for me. my sis loves it and never uses anything else.

on 11/26/2003 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is not something you would buy for deep cleansing, however I find it is good to keep around because it has so many uses. I personally like to used this when my skin is irritated or going through an extra sensitive phase. I also find this is a great eye makeup remover. In addition, I sometimes leave a tiny bit of this on before I go to bed at night for light moisture. I wouldn't count on it for deep pore cleansing, but it is good to have around just in case you need it!

on 11/25/2003 1:04:00 PM

I was not impressed with this product. I have sensitive skin and it did not irritate it, but I found that it leaves a film and my face didn't feel like it was cleansed. I am sticking with J&J Baby Wash as it also removes make-up better.

on 11/25/2003 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

The best and the gentlest cleanser there is!!!!! I used to have acne cosmetica from trying on all sorts of moisturizers, treatments and makeup and I can say this the most effective. I tried nearly everything from Obagi to Ponds, and this the only cleanser that doesn't cause me any breakouts. I even use it to remove makeup - I put on a dollop of cetaphil and massage it on my face with a cotton pad, then I rinse my face and wash again with water

on 11/23/2003 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product is really so good. People say it doesn't take off the make-up. Maybe they wear the industrial strength make-up. I wear make-up also, but it comes off all. I put this like a lotion, rub a little and then I wipe off with the wet towelette (perhaps is not a word?) I see the make-up on the towelette, then I look in the mirror and don't see the make-up. So its working. I don't know for the mascara. I have the no-waterproof, so come off with water. Also, you can use this as many times in the day as you want. After work to take off the makeup, put new makeup, go out, come back in the night, take off again, and clean again in the morning. Or, take off makeup, go to the gym, sweat in the face, clean again. I like this the best because the face is first cleaned of makeup and oil and dirt, then after the gym, its only salt and water I think, so you putit again, but this time, you rinse in the shower. Now all the mascara come off on the cheeks. So when you get out of the shower, you clean the cheeks again and wipe again with the wet towelette. I don't like the feeling to wipe with a soft cloth that is not wet as they say to do on the bottle. Maybe is in my mind. I think the hardest thing to use this is to remove from your mind the think that it's necessary to foam to be clean. It's hard to believe but if you believe it because the dermatologist say it, then this is the best cleanser.

on 11/22/2003 8:11:00 PM

This product is so over-rated. Sure it's gentle and non-drying but it doesn't feel clean either. Leaves a film on the face. If you have combination skin, this is not that great. But my friends with dry skin rave about it though.

on 11/22/2003 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The first time I used it, I hated it. It didn't feel like it cleaned my skin at all. It felt like nothing. And it didn't wash off all my makeup either.

But last winter, my skin was super dehydrated and dry, so I decided to give it another try since it's for sensitive skin. I still don;t like using it at night becuase it doesn't wash off everything, but I mix cetaphil with LUSH Angels on BAreskin face scrub or Burt's Bee scrub. I think the scrubs spread on better with cetaphil than with water. I use cetaphil mainly in the morning durign the cold canadian months. Sure I'd buy it again!

on 11/22/2003 4:12:00 AM

I'm the one who very sensitive with cleansers - most of them always dry my skin but this is one of an exception. It is a really great gentle cleanser even it seems cannot clean thoroughly when I put on foundation. so I use it combine with my makeup remover and use alone in the morning. A must have for cleanser!!!

I use Cetaphil in the morning. It's perfect to use before you put on makeup. At night, I have to use something that lathers up to remove makeup.

on 11/20/2003 1:54:00 PM

This is a great cleanser for senstive skin. I tried it years ago and it didnt' remove make-up well enough. I MUA'er suggested massaging it onto dry skin then splashing off and that works very well for me. It leaves my skin silky soft and never irritated or broken out.

Edit--not working so well for me anymore. So, I'm going back to my trusty Olay Foaming.

Video Reviews & Tutorials