April 23, 2014 | 1870 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2003 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Violeta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When my skin was so dry and irritated from Shiseido cleansers I used only this for 2 weeks and my skin recovered. I did not see any clogged pores from it or new pimples but I started to use it only in the mornings. The strange think is that I do not feel any filmy residue on my face but thins could be because I splash my face with water first then wash with the cleanser and then splash a lot of water to rinse it off. These days I use it on and off but I always have a bottle of it for those days when my skin needs only a gentle cleansing. This doesn’t remove makeup good (but I do not ware mu .), it can not be used in the shower and I did find that the best way to use it is in combination with water, w/o water it does feel a little heavy. So, I think that it is a good cleanser but definitely not for everyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2003 4:31:00 AM More reviews by kearston

I bought Cetaphil because of its reputation as a mild cleanser. I have sensitive skin, prone to reddening if I use a harsher product. I had been using more expensive lines like Sisley, and wanted to find a good, inexpensive replacement. Cetaphil caused my skin not only to redden, but to pucker! It actually caused me physical pain. People who decide to check out Cetaphil based on its reputation as safe for sensitive skin should, perhaps, perform a patch test. After trying a few other products, I've found that Purpose is a much better inexpensive cleanser for my sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2003 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Arimae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A great cleanser, but can be a little too mild for those of us with oily skin. I use mine only in the winter, and it keeps my skin soft and hydrated.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2003 9:56:00 PM More reviews by friskychic

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is another one I don't understand. I tried it, even gave it a fair chance by going through half a bottle. This has got to be the worst stuff I've ever put on my skin. It left me greasy and didn't even remove the makeup. I broke out so badly I had to see the dermatologist. He advised me that Cetaphil is for the very elderly who have paper thin skin with no natural oils. So, it seems that Cetaphil does have its place-the nursing home.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2003 12:32:00 AM More reviews by bruner3

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The key to making this work is to use it on dry skin. I rub it into my skin & then use a cottonball to remove all makeup (gentle enough to not irritate eyes). Then I rub on a little more (still on a dry face) and then rinse. I have absolutley no trace of makeup on my cottonball when/if I use my toner. I have never had problems with breakouts using this. Rinses easily and leaves my skin soft & clear. Great price too!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2003 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Spunky_Princess

A true staple! It gently cleanses my face, leaving it soft and not irritated. It rinses off easily, and leaves no film. Just make sure to rub it onto your dry face and then rinse, because if you wet your face first it won't work. I love that it's in a pump--keeps everything tidy and hygienic.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2003 7:38:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't understand all the acclaim given to this product. It did nothing to my face except make it oily. It didn't really feel like it cleansed my face at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2003 4:19:00 PM More reviews by mspears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really hate this cleanser. I don't understand what all of the hype is about for this product. My skin broke out terribly from the day that I started using this cleanser until the day that I stopped.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2003 8:34:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I get the feeling some people aren't using this cleanser properly. You rub it onto your dry skin - you don't wet your face first! That's the only way it can grab onto and dissolve the makeup and other dirt. You then use water to rinse it off. I've used it since my early 30's and love it - non-irritating but very clean with no tight feeling. Especially good if you use treatment creams that leave your face sensitive.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2003 4:05:00 PM More reviews by dhavan

I really like this product a lot. It cleanses very effectively and does not leave a tight feeling. In the summer, it's a bit too light... so I have to use another foaming cleanser to get rid of excess oil. But overall this is a good solid cleanser for people with sensitive/combo skin.