Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

I've been using this product for over a month. I like that my skin is completely clear, no breakouts whatsoever and it's extremely gentle. I think it works best if I take off my eye makeup separately, say with baby oil or with some Johnson's baby shampoo. The one thing that bothers me is that there is no lather in this product (because it isn't a soap). The media has brainwashed us into believing that for something to be clean it has to squeak and the product must make lots of lather like dishwashing liquid. Other than that I think Cetaphil is great. I've read many celebs use it. The one I got for just under $6 was imported from France, the tag isn't half as "commercial" as the one sold in the US but it's the same product. I'd definitely buy this again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this in the morning or when I am not wearing m/u it has been very kind to my oily acne sensitive skin.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't really have acne/oily skin, i have more combination/sensitive skin, and recently my cleanser has been too drying for my skin. I bought the small 4 oz. size to give Cetaphil a try since there were a lot of mixed reviews, and i really like it. It only foams slightly but if you use a face brush you can feel it working better. Rinsing with a warm face cloth will take most of the slickness off your face. But it does feel very refreshing on the skin afterwards.

After using lots of skincare products that does nothing for a high price, I find this refreshing. Retin-A has made me very dry so I really love how gentle this is. Doesn't remove make-up but it's great in the morning.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think I've been using Cetaphil for the last 13 years or so. It's a very gentle and rinsable cleanser. However people should know: 1)It doesn't take off makeup well. 2)It's not going to give you that "squeaky clean" feeling. I find it perfect for my sensitive, acne-prone oily skin in the morning, or whenever I'm wearing minimal makeup. I don't care to be "squeaky clean" because that makes my skin dry and flaky for a good while before the oil takes over again. Cetaphil doesn't overstrip my skin like 99% of cleansers out there do. I'd continue to use this until the cows come home. For others who may want to give this a try, be aware of its shortcomings before buying.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

If you have sensitive skin and you don't wear a lot of makeup, this is a great gentle cleanser that cleans your face without drying it out. UPDATE: I still use this for in between cleanings, but it's not my staple.

I really like this. I used to use Neutrogena, but it would leave my skin feeling "tight" and very, very dry. This gets rid of all my makeup really well (including my eye makeup, waterproof mascara, and DOESNT burn) And I got a huge pump jar of it for $10

My dermatologist recommended this, and it wreaked havoc on my skin. Stay away from this if you have sensitive skin!!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin and started using this b/c my dermatologist told me to. I see the top dermatologists in Chicago and they say the less you do to your skin, the better. I love Cetaphil and have used it for over 5 years now. The facial moisturizer is great too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I didn't like Cetaphil very much. It was very watery, and didn't clean very well, especially if you wear makeup. I have since tried other gentle cleansing lotions that weren't much more expensive (Aveeno, Beauty w/out Cruelty) that cleaned much, much better, and were also more soothing/gentle to my skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials