Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 9/9/2003 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Colorstay is a good foundation if you want long lasting coverage. Buff is a great color. The finish is heavy, so it is not for the faint of heart. But if you have imperfections in your skin (as I do) it is good for it's coverage. It doesn't blend easily however. That is the one thing I didn't like about it. But I would buy it again.

on 8/13/2003 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

all i got to say is i love you colorstay. it makes me look polished and perfect, buff is my color, i love it love it love it,

on 7/26/2003 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am a fanatic about the perfect coverage for my blotchy, blemished skin. I must have tried over 25 various foundations over the years and this by far has the best coverage. There is a method to applying this but after a few days and a damp makeup sponge, the results can be great. There are enough colors to choose from. I have to be honest now, this past winter and spring, I was a daily user of this foundation and kept having chronic breakouts on my face that would not go away! I was so close to calling a dermatologist but changed foundations and in a month, my skin cleared up nicely. I still love this product for the great coverage, but would only use it now for special occasions, not on a daily basis!!!! I am almost positive that it contributed to my chronic acne problem I had.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just had to add my 2 cents on this product. IF you can find a perfect match, this CAN work beautifully for you if you desire a full coverage, matte look AND if your skin is on the oily side. If you're dry, you'll end up looking like the Crypt Keeper. I found a perfect match in Tawny (#9) for my light-med. yellow toned complexion. If the color match is off, this will never look right and you will appear to be wearing a kabuki mask. The most important thing is to be sure to remove carefully at the end of the day. I use a foaming face wash, twice, and swirl gently with a soft flannel to get the most stubborn patches off. HTH.

on 7/12/2003 12:31:00 AM

Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! I got more acne after 2 days I used it :( I returned and got my money back.

on 7/10/2003 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favorite foundation and I could never go back to anything else! I say it's best for oily to combination skin because it dries very fast and mattifies your skin. Sometimes, I don't even have to apply powder on top of it because it seems to absorb all the excess oil on my face. When you apply it, you have to do it on only one section at a time or it will clump up in areas and look cakey. But the advantage to this product? I don't even have to use concealer on my problem areas because it covers my problem areas beautifully. To get a perfect finish, I divide my face into four sections, and work on one area at a time. This being my forehead, each cheek from the middle of my nose outward to my sideburn area, and my chin. I use about a nickel size amount on the cheek area and about a dime size on chin and forehead. If I need additional coverage on problem areas, I do them after finishing my entire face and use about a rice sized amount and I don't rub too hard. Rubbing too hard may cause caking. Overall, a fabulous product that does more for me than just being a foundation!

on 6/30/2003 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product is too thick and streaks too much cuz of it's thick creaminess that dries in a second of putting it on your face so there very little time to spread around your face. Not recommended unless you love the thick creamy foundations. This stuff is great for staying on your face forever. But it's very difficult to wash off with any cleanser, so far I found that only harsh barsoaps like ivory will get rid of this stuff. Too harsh...however since i am very oily, i have to say that don't have much shine once i apply this foundation on. It's got too many negatives compared to the 1 positive of absorbing the oil on my face.

on 6/27/2003 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I hated this product. Revlon is not cheap here in Australia, so I was not happy.

It says it sets in 60 seconds - this set in much less than that. I didn't even have time to blend it properly, before it was setting. It went on wayyy too thick and cakey. It smelled really bad, and was terrible to wash off. Even with a good cleanser, i'd find it on my towels. Sure it stays on, and feels smooth enough.... but looks terribly un natural.

Amplifies any pimples, and makes pores stand out. I hated it!

on 6/25/2003 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff b/c I have very oily skin and any other foundation would be running off my face within 3 hours. It is a little thick, but if you give it a chance and play around w/ different ways to apply it, it'll pay off. I found it helps to make it a little lighter if I mix it w/ a little bit of astringent and "pat" it on with the makeup sponge. It's definatly worth it if you cant be touching up your foundation all day

on 6/19/2003 9:40:00 PM

This is a great foundation! When I have used this, I looked very put-together all through the day. That is something that I have never seen before! Covered any dry spots evenly and looks very natural, not too cakey. I love it.