Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 12/4/2003 1:18:00 PM

I agree with other reviewers that you have to blend like mad to get this looking anywhere near natural, but its really worth the effort. I have pale pale skin and its a nightmare finding a foundation which is the right colour - either they are too yellow and leave an unsightly line where the makeup ends (my absolute number one makeup nightmare, both on myself and on other people) or else they are so pale that I look like something out of a horror film. But I have found a shade in this makeup that is so good that it could take an hour to blend it and I would still think its worth the effort. The only drawback it the packaging - how exactly am I meant to get the product out of a glass bottle without pouring it everywhere ? Presumably this is a not so cunning ploy to make me accidentally pour out five times as much as we need every time I use it.....

on 11/30/2003 2:32:00 AM

Finally a foundation! My hg was discontinued, and I have found this. It covers very well, and you will have to blend it right away, because it can be fast drying. Also you have smooth it out around the nose area pretty fast before it sets. This stuff lasts all day! And covers very well, It is not sheer at all. I got 02, buff, which is a neutral light color. It has no pinkish or yellow undertones, and no orange at all. I think it is worth buying again and I am so glad I found it! After 2 bottles almost gone, i think I am very happy with it!

on 11/30/2003 12:08:00 AM

This is an ok product, not the best. For some reason it doesn't seem to last all day. I have combination skin and if you have dry parts the foundation will make it more noticeable. It dried pretty quickly, which makes it quite hard to blend. The foundation has a waterly texture. I will not be re-purchasing.

on 11/25/2003 4:22:00 AM

This is a great foundation for oily or combination skin that needs medium, long-lasting coverage. Be sure to blend this quickly (it dries in a second!) with a slightly damp sponge and you will get a great finish.

Some of the darker shades seem slightly 'orangey'. If you have fair skin you can use Buff, which is a better, yellow-based shade.

on 11/23/2003 7:48:00 PM

The reason why I keep coming back to this fdtn is possibly the price. It's cheap for a smudge-proof lasting fdtn with high coverage and a shade that matches perfectly to my skintone ("buff"). If you find this cakey, thick or coming off, you're probably applying too much. Let it set for 2 minutes and dust some loose powder. I have some visible pores and so applying a makeup base prevents those areas from caking. BTW, I only use 3 pearl drops for the whole face. HTH!! UPDATE: I can now skip makeup base cause I find my pores no longer look obvious. All thanks to Olay Total Effects and Clinique Total Turnaround!

on 11/19/2003 2:02:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I like this foundation because it provides a good coverage for redness and small imperfections, as well as has a good staying power. Doesn't make my skin look greasy, feels nice to apply. However, I am still looking for that One foundation that will make me just plain Happy every time I use it. Please create such foundation, anyone? :)

on 11/18/2003 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The only reason why I keep buying this would have to be that the shade buff is a pretty damn close match to my skin tone. Its a very cakey looking makeup on so your best bet is to probably mix it with a little moisturiser, its blendability is also pretty poor too

on 11/6/2003 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my favourite liquid foundation ever, namely because it doesn't come off for HOURS, it's fairly heavy (I like a lot of coverage), and the best thing- you can put ANYTHING over the top and it won't budge or smudge! Gel and cream blushes, concealers, powders, eyeshadows- it's the perfect base because, unlike all other foundations I've used, once it's on it stays on. Sure, it comes at the cost of speed (you need to apply it very slowly and carefully as it does dry quickly), and if you don't like foundations you can feel then this isn't for you, because it goes on like paint and takes a good makeup remover to get off. But the visual results are amazing. You look as fresh after 10 hours as you do the minute of application, and it's great for small skin imperfections. Try it, try it, try it!

on 10/26/2003 10:52:00 PM

It has good coverage and I like how it doesnt rub off unlike every other foundation ive ever tried. I dont like how it sets too quickly,how it can be drying and how it doesnt have enough yellow tones in it.

on 10/22/2003 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have spent the past year flirting with powder foundation seeking a HG that could handle my oily skin. I read a review here and ran to the store to get this. How could I forget about my reliable Revlon? I am now wearing the oil free version of this in Sand Beige and just love it! Looks much more natural than any powder foundation and leaves me with the flawless finish I so highly desire. Workly quickly and smartly with this product and you too could have a HG foundation like I do.