Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 10/22/2003 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have spent the past year flirting with powder foundation seeking a HG that could handle my oily skin. I read a review here and ran to the store to get this. How could I forget about my reliable Revlon? I am now wearing the oil free version of this in Sand Beige and just love it! Looks much more natural than any powder foundation and leaves me with the flawless finish I so highly desire. Workly quickly and smartly with this product and you too could have a HG foundation like I do.

Colorstay does just that. The color stays. I am impressed with that. My skin can get slightly oily throughout the day. I don't have to worry about my foundation fading when I wear Colorstay. The tone matches my fair skin well, also. Not too orangy for a drugstore brand. The product is, however, a little too matte and chalky. I am much happier with it if I apply a nice smooth moisturizer just prior to applying.

Update: I can't stand this foundation anymore. It says to apply to a small area at a time. Even when I do this, it tends to have an uneven texture and I can sometimes see "swipes" where I applied it. I don't think I will be buying this again

on 9/29/2003 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

EDIT: I still love this foundation because it's the only one that stays on my face the whole day and keeps me looking matte. Before, I used to have to blot and powder my face about 2 or 3 plus times a day but now I only do it once and I feel confident that my face is fine. The only thing I wish is that they made more colors to suit my skin. Until then, I really can't find another foundation better than Colorstay. If anyone knows of any foundation as good or better than Colorstay, let me know!!

on 9/25/2003 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This foundation covers everything, and sand beige is a good match for my skin, but it doesn't stay on me! It might be because I still put green concealer on before, since everyone else says it stays on. I'd buy it again because it just makes your skin look perfect! *edit* I just use the foundation by itself now, and it stays on all day! I just put a few dots on the places I really need it, and then I use it on my whole face.
*EDIT* I realized I just don't need this much coverage..also, it tends to look cakey most of the time. :-\

on 9/25/2003 6:11:00 PM

Way too drying and looked sooo fake like latex on my face! It covers a lot, but it looks way too matte. My friend swore by it so I purchased it but I guess it doesn't work well with all people. I have asian skin that is slighly acnegenic and the color was also not a good match ^ i almost bought two colors to mix shades until i realised i did not even like the foundation itself!

on 9/20/2003 7:40:00 PM

Is this the "love-or-hate-it" foundation?! It gives the even/full coverage within a second, but the trick is you only apply one small section of the face at a time, and better do it FAST. Most importantly, choose the color that match with your neck color, otherwise it will make you a chalky look. Finally, don't expect the foundation can come off with the ordinary face wash. I am using DHC deep cleansing oil and then Johnson& Johnson's body wash. I do it twice and always using the wash cloth at the same time. It really doesn't take me much time to remove the makeup.

on 9/15/2003 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

winter is always kind to my oily skin... but come summer... my foundation usually just can't WAIT to slide itself off my face!!! And I've tried many many long-lasting or oil-control foundations..... the winner without a question... is still the original Revlon Colorstay... a little quick to dry and relatively harder to blend... but works amazing every single time... better even than the new colorstay natural in terms of long-lastingness... try not to layer as it'll create streaks and cake up... also you'll need a pretty exact match in this otherwise it'll definitely make your face look like a real mask... all in all my holy grail in a bottle..... great stuff!!! :D

I cannot keep makeup on my oily skin. This makeup stays on. I also need lots of coverage due to my bad skin. I do not feel this foundation on my skin due to the fact that it absorbs oil. I use buff and have never found a better match for my skin. Thrilled!

on 9/12/2003 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Being a fair-skinned Asian, it was hard to find the right color, one which wouldn't look to pink on me. I also use bronzer instead of actually tanning my face. It seems that Natural Tan suits me best, without looking too fake. The consistency is very thick, so I like to apply it right after moisturizing. Then I wait for it to set completely before trying to dust powder on. Sometimes I don't have to. Nor do I need to use concealer or primer; and my HUGE PORES DO DISAPPEAR after application. For the first few hours, I am shine free and the makeup doesn't rub off on anything. Alas, due to my extremely oily skin, my face eventually DOES get shiny and when I blot my face, some of the makeup comes off, leaving me with a streaky face. This is my one nemesis, and it's really no fault of the product, just my skin! Sometimes it's less hassle to use MAC StudioFix (I'm NC40), but then I do need to use primer and concealer then, and then reapply later.**sigh** UPDATE (9/15/03): ACK~~ This stuff makes my chin break out in nasty, pussie, sebaceous zits! NEVER AGAIN!

on 9/11/2003 12:03:00 PM

I was very divided about this product for a long time. I once met a flight attendant with incredible looking skin, and I asked her what skin care she used. She said her skin was "horrible" underneath her makeup, which she deemed miraculous. I was expecting her to tell me it was Chanel or something, but she said it was Revlon Colorstay - so of course, once I hit one of the airport stores, I purchased a bottle.

I was told the same thing: "gorgeous skin, beautiful finish, what are you using?" I was delighted! But as soon as I hugged a friend and my makeup came off on his shirt, I knew I was done with it.