August 29, 2014 | 930 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2003 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Noahsmom

This foundation is ok, but it is really thick, even for me. It does cover well and really does stay put, but it looks so un-natural. I'm not one for trying to hide the fact that I wear makeup but this screams HELLO! I'M TRYING TO HIDE SOMETHING VERY UGLY!. This makeup just can't be pretty no matter how thin you apply it or how well you can blend. I wore it to church today and just couldn't wait to take it off. It clumped around my nose and was cakey under my eyes. I was so embarrased. I tried to make it work for about 2 weeks and it broke me out. I'm not even prone to breakouts. I think it's because it is so thick and hard to remove that it must have clogged my pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2003 1:01:00 AM More reviews by julia_82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a huge fan of cosmetics that make me look like a corpse. This gunk made my pale skin a horrible shade of grey. Not only that, it was a nighmare to put on. It dried as soon as it left the bottle and refused to blend. It was very clumpy, and was uncomfortable to wear. It's put me off Revlon products in general!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2003 4:11:00 PM More reviews by SuZen

This had too much coverage for me. My bf kept complaining about how heavy it looked. And I couldn't really match my skin shade perfectly. Someone who could match their skin better and wants a lot of coverage might like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2003 3:16:00 PM More reviews by kat_kinsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

bloody awful product, thick, made my pores look huge, and looked so unnatural it was unreal (quite literally)Very chalky, thick and gloopy consistency which made it difficult to apply. would anyone like my bottle to try?????!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2003 10:49:00 AM More reviews by irishgirl71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Skintype>combo,sensitive, rosacea.

I purchased this because I needed something to cover the redness on my face..You have to be really quick when blending this foundation because it dries in seconds. It does stay put and offers medium-full coverage. However, I broke out from this and cannot use it anymore. I am not fond of the tight feeling it leaves so you should moisturize before applying. I much prefer EL's Double Wear to this one..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2003 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Nathalie

This has got to be my holy grail foundation for spring/summer!! My sister was applying it on me for a dance show and was so amazed that it covered absolutely everything(she uses MAC btw).And let me say that I definitely do not have good skin, but this made all my red marks almost disappear. Its amazing! I got it in Nude, which looks a little orange going on, but out in the sun it looks fine on my skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2003 11:44:00 PM More reviews by CamiLynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought I liked this product but after someone told me it look cakey I have not used it since. Also this foundation lacks a color for very light skin like mine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2003 8:06:00 PM More reviews by TaraJean75

I used to use this before Bare escentuals and its definitly my runner up! Great for all day wear! but you do feel a little masky!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2003 9:18:00 AM More reviews by sally2002

I really wanted to love this foundation when it first came out (and then again last year, trying one more time), but it's SO thick and mask-like and smells SO bad that I just can't handle it. The new Colorstay Stay Natural is a much better foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2003 3:53:00 AM More reviews by catrpillrgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Colorstay Lite was my favorite, I love it!! I've used it for a year. Buff is perfect in color, it stays on, keeps shine away, and doesn't break me out at all! I tried so many foundations searching for one that doesn't break me out ever and now that I finally have, it appears to have been discontinued!! I'm out and there's none to be found anywhere.What's up with Revlon? Nothing for oily skin now! BTW, don't be fooled by New Complexion's claim of oil-free, in two days it broke me out in huge pimples, the size of which I have not experienced since high school. I gave it away, no more acne.

The regular Colorstay is decent, but the texture is chalkier than the Lite version.