October 30, 2014 | 1354 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2003 5:42:00 PM More reviews by harleyandhank

I cannot keep makeup on my oily skin. This makeup stays on. I also need lots of coverage due to my bad skin. I do not feel this foundation on my skin due to the fact that it absorbs oil. I use buff and have never found a better match for my skin. Thrilled!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2003 3:40:00 AM More reviews by jomia23

Being a fair-skinned Asian, it was hard to find the right color, one which wouldn't look to pink on me. I also use bronzer instead of actually tanning my face. It seems that Natural Tan suits me best, without looking too fake. The consistency is very thick, so I like to apply it right after moisturizing. Then I wait for it to set completely before trying to dust powder on. Sometimes I don't have to. Nor do I need to use concealer or primer; and my HUGE PORES DO DISAPPEAR after application. For the first few hours, I am shine free and the makeup doesn't rub off on anything. Alas, due to my extremely oily skin, my face eventually DOES get shiny and when I blot my face, some of the makeup comes off, leaving me with a streaky face. This is my one nemesis, and it's really no fault of the product, just my skin! Sometimes it's less hassle to use MAC StudioFix (I'm NC40), but then I do need to use primer and concealer then, and then reapply later.**sigh** UPDATE (9/15/03): ACK~~ This stuff makes my chin break out in nasty, pussie, sebaceous zits! NEVER AGAIN!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2003 12:03:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I was very divided about this product for a long time. I once met a flight attendant with incredible looking skin, and I asked her what skin care she used. She said her skin was "horrible" underneath her makeup, which she deemed miraculous. I was expecting her to tell me it was Chanel or something, but she said it was Revlon Colorstay - so of course, once I hit one of the airport stores, I purchased a bottle.

I was told the same thing: "gorgeous skin, beautiful finish, what are you using?" I was delighted! But as soon as I hugged a friend and my makeup came off on his shirt, I knew I was done with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2003 7:29:00 PM More reviews by tamstrat

Colorstay is a good foundation if you want long lasting coverage. Buff is a great color. The finish is heavy, so it is not for the faint of heart. But if you have imperfections in your skin (as I do) it is good for it's coverage. It doesn't blend easily however. That is the one thing I didn't like about it. But I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2003 3:31:00 AM More reviews by brandy102600

all i got to say is i love you colorstay. it makes me look polished and perfect, buff is my color, i love it love it love it,

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2003 12:24:00 AM More reviews by pupanella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a fanatic about the perfect coverage for my blotchy, blemished skin. I must have tried over 25 various foundations over the years and this by far has the best coverage. There is a method to applying this but after a few days and a damp makeup sponge, the results can be great. There are enough colors to choose from. I have to be honest now, this past winter and spring, I was a daily user of this foundation and kept having chronic breakouts on my face that would not go away! I was so close to calling a dermatologist but changed foundations and in a month, my skin cleared up nicely. I still love this product for the great coverage, but would only use it now for special occasions, not on a daily basis!!!! I am almost positive that it contributed to my chronic acne problem I had.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2003 6:02:00 PM More reviews by bunnyslippers811

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just had to add my 2 cents on this product. IF you can find a perfect match, this CAN work beautifully for you if you desire a full coverage, matte look AND if your skin is on the oily side. If you're dry, you'll end up looking like the Crypt Keeper. I found a perfect match in Tawny (#9) for my light-med. yellow toned complexion. If the color match is off, this will never look right and you will appear to be wearing a kabuki mask. The most important thing is to be sure to remove carefully at the end of the day. I use a foaming face wash, twice, and swirl gently with a soft flannel to get the most stubborn patches off. HTH.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2003 12:31:00 AM More reviews by rinie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! I got more acne after 2 days I used it :( I returned and got my money back.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2003 12:21:00 PM More reviews by drmgirl2000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite foundation and I could never go back to anything else! I say it's best for oily to combination skin because it dries very fast and mattifies your skin. Sometimes, I don't even have to apply powder on top of it because it seems to absorb all the excess oil on my face. When you apply it, you have to do it on only one section at a time or it will clump up in areas and look cakey. But the advantage to this product? I don't even have to use concealer on my problem areas because it covers my problem areas beautifully. To get a perfect finish, I divide my face into four sections, and work on one area at a time. This being my forehead, each cheek from the middle of my nose outward to my sideburn area, and my chin. I use about a nickel size amount on the cheek area and about a dime size on chin and forehead. If I need additional coverage on problem areas, I do them after finishing my entire face and use about a rice sized amount and I don't rub too hard. Rubbing too hard may cause caking. Overall, a fabulous product that does more for me than just being a foundation!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2003 8:38:00 PM More reviews by geezus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is too thick and streaks too much cuz of it's thick creaminess that dries in a second of putting it on your face so there very little time to spread around your face. Not recommended unless you love the thick creamy foundations. This stuff is great for staying on your face forever. But it's very difficult to wash off with any cleanser, so far I found that only harsh barsoaps like ivory will get rid of this stuff. Too harsh...however since i am very oily, i have to say that don't have much shine once i apply this foundation on. It's got too many negatives compared to the 1 positive of absorbing the oil on my face.