August 23, 2014 | 1744 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2003 8:38:00 PM More reviews by geezus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is too thick and streaks too much cuz of it's thick creaminess that dries in a second of putting it on your face so there very little time to spread around your face. Not recommended unless you love the thick creamy foundations. This stuff is great for staying on your face forever. But it's very difficult to wash off with any cleanser, so far I found that only harsh barsoaps like ivory will get rid of this stuff. Too harsh...however since i am very oily, i have to say that don't have much shine once i apply this foundation on. It's got too many negatives compared to the 1 positive of absorbing the oil on my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2003 7:43:00 AM More reviews by whitelilly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I hated this product. Revlon is not cheap here in Australia, so I was not happy.

It says it sets in 60 seconds - this set in much less than that. I didn't even have time to blend it properly, before it was setting. It went on wayyy too thick and cakey. It smelled really bad, and was terrible to wash off. Even with a good cleanser, i'd find it on my towels. Sure it stays on, and feels smooth enough.... but looks terribly un natural.

Amplifies any pimples, and makes pores stand out. I hated it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2003 3:48:00 AM More reviews by s1p1i2c5

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff b/c I have very oily skin and any other foundation would be running off my face within 3 hours. It is a little thick, but if you give it a chance and play around w/ different ways to apply it, it'll pay off. I found it helps to make it a little lighter if I mix it w/ a little bit of astringent and "pat" it on with the makeup sponge. It's definatly worth it if you cant be touching up your foundation all day

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2003 9:40:00 PM More reviews by seangel3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great foundation! When I have used this, I looked very put-together all through the day. That is something that I have never seen before! Covered any dry spots evenly and looks very natural, not too cakey. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2003 6:28:00 PM More reviews by lil_short_me

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i found this foundation great at absorbing oil, and my face tends to get oily and VERY shiny but this foundation absorbs the oil very well. it sets pretty quickly, so you have to be pretty fast in applying it. it covers everything well, blemishes, spots, etc. and also, i went swimming with it, sweated and stayed in the sun for the whole day and at the end of the day, the foundation didnt come off! it doesnt smell, it actually has a very slight pleasant smell to it and it has even helped my skin. i noticed that i haven't been having any breakouts! this foundation is great :D

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2003 12:52:00 PM More reviews by yellowskingirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, me=super sensitive currently healing skin. hyperpigmentation aka red acne scars (not the pitted or ice pick ones, flat red pimple ghosts) all over my cheeks and chin. I needed super full coverage in an oil free makeup. I FOUND MY HG!!! this is really huge! I am a MAC nc30(slightly darker actually, but not nc35, yellow olive with cool undertones) I customized this foundation (rite had on sale buy 1 get 1 free) I use Natural beige and medium beige together to get the perfect neck shade. It seriously does not budge, even after sweating!!! And yeah it sets REALLY FAST, do 1 section at a time. I use the sponge to cover my whole face evenly, then my fingers to go over darker scars and blemishes(keep baby wipes with you if you dont do your makeup at home, it will stain your hands). I can't even say how happy I am now that I can cover all the crap on my skin. no breakouts, no irritation. Use moisturizer underneath for sure, for even coverage. This is for those girls who need full coverage that wont break them out. To remove I use my vitamin e bar(99 cent store) lather in my hands then to face, then using rinsed baby wipe cleanse the rest of the way. It does come off. Make sure to wash it off completely to avoid clogging. NOT FOR DRY SKIN! Use the colorstay natural for that. HG HG HG HG HG!!!! I am so happy finally!

UPDATE: I have since changed preferences to something a bit less masky!! This is ok if you have horrible skin imperfections, but the look can be REALLY MADE UP.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2003 4:49:00 AM More reviews by wildorchidfaire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Waaaah.... TOO THICK. Perhaps due to the fact that it is matte it emphasized my pores when I tried to apply it more sheer by using a wet sponge. End result was really asthetically offensive. The color (nude) somehow ended up looking WRONG on me......I also find that this thing clogs me pores and breaks me out! :( The worst thing is it's so thick that it's painful to blend. You have to be EXTRAORDINARILY quick and it allows no mistakes in blending..!!! ....

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2003 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Sunbaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good foundation. The coverage is full and it sets in 60 sec. so it's important to blend well. I found that it controls oil well, but I used it in the winter when I don't oil as much. It's a little drying but that's ok b/c it dried up my pimples:) I used a shade that was too dark (true beige). But for the life of me I can't gage my own skin color when choosing foundations so I'll always end up with the wrong shade LOL

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2003 3:10:00 PM More reviews by kariwilson86

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this foundation, only because most of you gals did. I was so confident after reading all the reassuring reviews, that this would work for me. Well....not exactly. The colour selection isn't so bad, and the fact it isn't oily and rubs off all over the place is a plus too. But, applying it and the end result isn't my fav. I tried several different ways in which I could possibly apply this, to not make it look un-even and dry on me. Nothing worked. I have oily skin, so when my oils would kick-in, my pores were enlarged, even when I used a tough loose powder. The coverage (if repeatedly applied) is REALLY strong and covering, which sometimes I need. It also has a matte finish. I guess I was just going for more of the the dewy, healthy glow, not oily finish. And yes, this stuff can still rub-off on your man...or that matter just about anything, but it still isn't as bad as others. Still, this stuff is a hell of a lot better then L'Oreal's Ideal Balance. As well, this foundation really does set in under 60 seconds, thats what makes applying a little bit difficult. It could also be more beneficial if it contained an SPF, as well a squeeze bottle would be nice. This product isn't cheap either, $17.50 (CAN)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2003 10:18:00 PM More reviews by indira_sgr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like this foundation. It dries very quickly, so if you make a mistake, you should wash your face and start all over again. Impossible to blend. I wouldn't buy it again.