September 15, 2014 | 1792 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well this didn't work out for me unfortunately. After a week of using this, I started getting milia-like rash around my face. Returned it to Wal-Mart for a refund.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't use primers often since I stay home a lot but I wanted one to use for going out, pictures, etc. Before I only had samples to work with. Loved the DHC but the rest didn't thrill me. This seems a lot like the DHC & since it's cheap & readily available I'm very happy.
I don't think I'll use this often enough for it to break me out, which is a problem I've heard that ppl have had w.it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Hollyandivy73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I do not use this all over my face, because I'm sure it would break me out. However, this is brilliant for spot concealing pitted acne scars. I used Prescriptives magic gel for the longest time, but they d/c'd it and of course now whole line is d/c'd.

I just take a teeny, tiny dot and put it into the scar, then take a tiny brush and dab a bit of powder over the gel. Works fantastically!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2010 2:52:00 AM More reviews by hannaxbear

Pros:
- Smooths out skin for even application
- Feels very similar to Smashbox Photo Finish and produces the same result as far as I can tell
- Cheap at ~$8 for 1.5 oz tube

Cons:
- Don't like the powdery feel left on fingers
- Photo Finish feels slightly better
- Don't like the smell

Overall, I would purchase this again and use it from time to time, particularly because it's so cheap and gets the job done. However, I recently started using MUFE HD Primer and I love it! (See my review on it for more details) Nonetheless, this is a good buy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I keep hearing that primers are supposed to help even out your skin. That they're there to give you a good base for your make-up to sit on top of. That it helps your make-up go on smoother and keeps the make-up on longer. It did none of that and I broke out like crazy from this!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by cjgrrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've read alot of reviews regarding this product and how it's comparable to the smashbox photo finish etc, but I have to say, yes it may be cheaper and may do a good job but quality wise it doesnt compare to SB. No, i dont work for smashbox or anything like that but i know that the quality of ingredients in the SBPF are superior to what the monistat product contains. there are many grades of silicone and SB uses only the finest grades available. hey, its your face, but personally for my skin and face, I'll stick to smashbox. Quality wins out for me!!
sbpf ingred.-
Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Water, Grape Seed Extract, Kolanut Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract
Monistat ingred-Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Trisiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2010 3:58:00 AM More reviews by Miamituscani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Personally this is not a product that I use on a daily basis, because I have dry skin. This primer works perfectly for those long Miami nights out or even a boating trip. It does make my make up last longer and go on smoother, but doesn't help with those fine lines.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by PixiesMama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

sigh. i just this moment realized that THIS product is the one that's been making me break out for a month or so. (thankfully, i don't use it often at all!) even so, i had the same experience as many others, breaking out in large, cystic (and almost immediate!) pimples in odd places that are usually somewhat dry for me (cheeks, middle of chin, etc). previously i had great skin and am hopeful that now that i have realized this is likely the culprit to my problems, AND that i have discovered queen helene and her magical green monster mask, my skin will be back to normal.

i'm now on the hunt for a good primer for oily gals with no silicone or dimethicone...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Brendonoahsmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is pretty good make up primer. It makes my skin look silky. Although it smells like GASOLINE i like it. Its not that expensive and one tube goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by caleee143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been reading the reviews here for a while before jumping in and buying it and I'm glad that I decided to purchase this. I never would have thought of this but I did my makeup at 11 this morning and by 9:30 tonight my makeup looked just as good. The most noticeable thing was that my BB pot rouge did not fade at all and my cheeks were glowing all day. The only problem I had was that I couldn't feel it as I was applying it so I just had to trust that my entire face was covered. It felt a little funny buying it but it's worth it!