April 18, 2014 | 1341 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2009 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Ryleen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So, I stumbled across the idea of Monistat chafing gel as a primer a few months ago and thought it was interesting, but didn't make any effort to purchase. I had primer left - why wouldn't I finish that up? Anyway, now that it's all gone, I'm trying this. I've used it about 4 times and lemme just say, this works 10x better than any other primer I've used/tested (Smashbox, Sephora, ELF, Hard Candy...). It really lasts all day and gives a nice finish, even if you're not going to put foundation on. In fact, 2/4 times I've worn it, I didn't even put foundation on because it gave me such a nice, dewy glow. AWESOME idea.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by sherirobinjon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about 6 months now and I love it. I have very oily skin full of acne and scars but this product doesnt irritate my face or give me break outs due to the product itself. This is a very cheap way to go about a makeup primer. I was using smashbox primer but that gets costly. The monistat chafing gel lasts along time

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by benbaymom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, so I've been using MAC Prep and Prime Skin for about 2 years now and I love it, but I saw one of my favorite gurus using this on youtube and my curiosity got the best of me and I had to try it. Well, this is my new primer!! It's fantastic!! It makes my skin so soft and unlike the Smashbox primer, it isn't oily at all. My makeup looks perfect and stays put all day. I've never had a problem with the MAC primer, but my skin is so much softer with this. I've been using it for about a week now and I haven't had any breakouts or reactions. Try it, you won't be sorry!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Abomination

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Broke me out! I gave it 2 because it does feel nice on your face. Even though it was a little monster for me. Sigh.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2009 8:55:00 AM More reviews by asaltzer

Holy hangers is this stuff good. I've never used a primer before so maybe that's part of it - but it makes my skin look PERFECT - my makeup lasts forever and my skin feels delicious. Totally awesome and on amazon.com, can't beat the price

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2009 6:40:00 AM More reviews by kalliex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I REALLY wanted to like this. It's very nice feeling and keeps my makeup on. But it makes me break out. So if I use it, which isn't very often, I use a very little amount on my chin, nose, cheeks and forehead. It breaks me out a lot around my mouth. I can't comment on the price because my mom bought it, but the packaging is nice. The squeeze tube is easy. Overall, I suggest you atleast give it a try.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by fortune222

After reading all the reviews I decided to try the Monistat as a primer for my MMU. I'm oily in my T-Zone, dry elsewhere. So I used Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer for sensitive skin, then spread a tiny amount of the Monistat only on my face and neck. It really does feel just like the Smashbox primer, which costs literally 6 times as much.

After letting the Monistat dry for 5 minutes, I brushed on the MMU. True to its promise, the MU didn't budge, even when it rained lightly in the afternoon. 9 hours later, perfect foundation, nice satin finish.

But when I got home that night and took off my makeup I found a pimple - a real whitehead - smack in the middle of my cheek's apple! Right where I am normally quite dry. Ouch. Monistat keeps the MU on alright with a lovely satin look, but it can also break you out. Use at your own risk.

Back to emu oil for me. The chemical silicone gives me zits - the all-natural bird fat doesn't. Strange but true.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2009 1:21:00 PM More reviews by BellaGirl95

Strange...but I am excited..... does it really mattify? I have always been combination and have lately felt more oily. Did anyone say whether it is safe for under the eyes?

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2009 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Mimi3030

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i am so glad i heard about using this as a primer because i might have been so silly as to pay the ridiculous $45 for a bottle of the same stuff. For me this works great, i have not had a single break out. i don't use it every day because i dont have the time but i love the way i makes my foundation looks when i do, overall just a smoother finish & also good for oil control. I would recommend this for people whose skin is not easily agitated since i hear a lot of talk about break outs. For the $6 i paid i say its def worth a try before forking out the big bucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2009 1:32:00 AM More reviews by shimmerlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i've been using this primer for quite some time. i was hesitant at first to buy this, since i thought it was just hype and didn't understand how a chafing gel could work as a primer. for the record, i've used this for chafing on my upper thighs, and it also works well for that.

my main reason for using a primer is oil control. i have very oily skin, and i don't say that lightly. after makeup and even with using a primer, my skin is oily within 30 minutes. i know it has something to do with my skincare, so i'm sure if i had normal skin, this would give pretty good oil control.

so the reason i keep using this is because it does help with dry flakes, and smoothing out the surface of my skin. it makes my foundation much easier to put on. after i use it, it seems to lock in my moisturizer, and my skin doesn't feel as dry during the day. if you have oily skin and expect to get really good oil control, i don't think you'll get it from this product.