MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 3/3/2011 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wish I could give this a 3.5 or 3.75. I've only tried this a few times (I've been addicted to UDPP since I started wearing makeup). This really is a nice alternative and something different. It holds up just as good in the long run wear of makeup but UDPP has a touch more longevity although my eyeshadow was still going strong at 12 hours but it did start to crease.

*Update: after I finish the pot, I will be going back to UDPP in Eden. Maybe it's the way I apply it, idk, but I feel like I have to use more of it than I do PP.

on 3/2/2011 2:37:00 PM

The MA suggested this for me. I could feel the drag as it was applied. Was it too old/dried out? I don't know, but it looked flat and ugly on. Then she applied the shadow next, And it still continued to look bad. I wouldn't have taken it home if it had been a gift. I'm glad I didn't waste money on Painterly.

on 3/1/2011 4:21:00 AM

I have been using it every day ever since buying it a couple of weeks ago. I like how it covers any discoloration of my lids even when applying a very thin layer. Its good to use as a base even though I find that it dulls the colors slightly. It is definitely better that having no base but it still creases slightly by afternoon. I don't regret buying this but I am still on a hunt for a perfect base to prevent creasing. MAC paint in Intitled is next on my list to try. Hopefully that will be a winner.

on 2/25/2011 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like this paint pot because it evens out my eyelid so well. I am very pale and you can see all my veins.
My issue is that it does crease on me a bit (and I don't have oily lids). On the plus side, it creases much much less than concealer does, and due to my basically see through eyelid skin, something that provides coverage is necessary for me, so it's good in that respect.
I might try this with a primer underneath just to see if that helps with creasing.
I also wish they made one in a lighter shade, so I could wear it alone. It's not a great colour by itself for me.

on 2/25/2011 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

i love this stuff! i've had trouble with urban decay's primer due to the packaging & wand, (went on streaky-leaving the shadow colors looking uneven.) this stuff helps the pigment pop, & the eye make up stay in place. i tried it plain as recommended here & it does make the eyes look cleaner & brighter-even if sticking with a natural look. it's only $16, i think it's def worth it.

on 2/13/2011 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this stuff. I apply it lightly with a 224 brush over Two Faced Shadow Insurance as a base to pretty much all my looks. i have really oily lids which are also pretty discolored. Painterly helps keep the eyeshadow in place while provinding a perfect blank canvas for eyeshadow application. I've had mine for almost a year and it hasn't dried out (I always make sure that the lid is screwed on tightly, but i kinda wish thhey made the packaging air tight...). I also thing you get a huge amount of product for the price and when it ends I will buy again for sure.
EDIT: I realized that this dulls my eyeshadows just a bit

on 2/12/2011 9:18:00 PM

This was my first ever paint pot and I highly recommend it! This is not only a great eyeshadow base, but it is also so close to my skin tone. because of this, on days where I don't want to look like I am wearing makeup I put this all over the lid and up to my brow bone then set it with brule and throw on a little mascara. It gives me a nice "fresh-faced" look with out a lot of effort!

on 2/11/2011 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really love this stuff! I was smitten the very first time I used it. I bought this for an eyeshadow base, not a primer, and it's working great for just that. I do use UDPP before this and I haven't experienced any creasing. I also but UD matte eyeshadow in my crease in "naked" and blend it out; the two are beautiful together! It's a great every day natural look. However, I hate the glass container...

on 2/10/2011 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oily Eyelids beware! Paint pots will probably crease on you :( I had gotten this because I had run out of UDPP. The first time I tried it alone and it creased by the time I got to work. The second time I put a face primer on my lids put a thin layer of my foundation (which is for oily skin) set it with powder, put painterly on my lids then set it. Then applied my eyeshadow. Guess what? it still creased by the time I got to work. I returned it today the MA suggested that I try the bare canvas paint because its more matte, we'll see how that goes. Also I wasn't a fan of the paint pot packaging, I guess you could technically use a brush but I prefer to use my finger to apply bases/primers.

on 2/7/2011 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was having my eyes done at Laura Mercier when I told the MA I have very oily lids. She said told me I'm not supposed to use other brands, but this product is really good. I've tried all the usual eye primers, but I love this one because I can wear it alone with eyeliner when I want a natural look. It makes me look less tired, years younger (look at children with beautiful skin. Their eyelid color matches the rest of their face and isn't darker). Plus, with my extremely oily lids they stay matte throughout the day.
I'm not even a paintpot fan, but I love this one and will repurchase again.