July 29, 2014 | 1971 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 7:08:00 PM More reviews by OMGitsNANSEE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this chapstick! my only gripe is that it doesnt really smell like pomegrante, but other than that, its good!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by lynncho

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It works fine. But the original is better. The smell/taste is awful! It's not pomegranate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

one word = WOW

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by tristitia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not impressed by this balm. The scent is nice - not really like a pomegranite, but mild and fresh, not overwhelming or fake-fruity like so many lip balms. But I don't feel like it's very moisturizing - it's an oilier (rather than waxy) balm, and it has no staying power. It either dries or gets sucked into my lips after a few minutes, so I feel like I need to constantly re-apply. I don't notice any tint. Also, no SPF.
I like it better than a lot of flavored or overly scented balms because it doesn't constantly assault my senses with fakeness - but I don't think I'd bother to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Joci443

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this lip balm, I am pretty impressed. It smells nice too!! I loooove it <333

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2009 1:47:00 AM More reviews by mooneyes89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this! It smells amazing and feels great, It doesnt stay on really long, so I loved keeping it in my pocket to apply every so often. But then I lost it :( I would definatly buy it again though. But I want to try the honey one, so after that one!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2009 8:22:00 PM More reviews by alicatgirl93

I LOVE this chapstick. It gives my lips a very subtle reddish tinge, moisturizes, doesn't melt, and isn't too dry or too greasy. It also smells really good. I wouldn't say it smells like pomegranate, but it's a strong, sweet, vaguely fruit-like scent. I just wish it had SPF... that would make it perfect.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2009 4:15:00 AM More reviews by miakoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lip balm does not replenish, nor does it smell or taste like pomegranate...and nor does it REPLENISH anything close to your lips. Its like a layer of nothing after 5 minutes after application. It dries out very quickly. I think this is their worst product by far, and I love this company. Very disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2009 6:24:00 AM More reviews by ckafader

It's chapstick! I have had an erie relationship with Burts Bees due to a surplus of mini products that I received from everyone at Christmas. Of course, I had asked for it because I was really curious to investigate the dealio behind this more natural brand. I found a mixed bag of results....
For starters I would like to talk about my dislikes with their lotion products... granted they are made with bee-byproducts, but seriously- why the stickiness factor? I brought all my lotion leftovers to the office so "that guy" who is always hovering over my desk to swipe the last tissue, use up my hand sanitizer, and swipe from my lotion stash could actually use something that I am not dependant on.
Now on to the main attraction, their chapsticks, specifically the Pomegrantie formula has become a staple in my purse. I love it, it actually moisturizes without drying out my lips (therefore I am automatically giving 4 lippies for this breakthrough). The only downfall, as I noticed someone else had already noted- was that this product contained no SPF. For a product that boasts natural, the type of crowd that this would appeal to are looking for health-friendly products. I am hoping they come around, because this is an important factor for me (docking a lippie).
Lastly, their other chapsticks are good too, however they need to be broken in- the smooth application is only apparent after the initial surface is worn away.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by mingaling88

I really love this lip balm! It smells great and leaves a subtle red tink on my lips. I'll definitely be purchasing burt's bees lip balms from now on. :)

*Edit: This lip balm kind of dries out your lips with continuous use...I won't be repurchasing this again..