April 20, 2014 | 1665 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2008 3:39:00 PM More reviews by bumble17

I'm using this product as a back up until I decide which shade of foundation to buy from Everyday Minerals, and when that time comes i'll be ordering their custom kit. I've ordered some samples so far and want to make sure i use the right shade before i order the large size... and while physicians' formula has been good for me so far (goes on smoothly, easy to apply, no breakouts) it's way too pricey compared to Everyday Minerals.. I bought it for 18.99 CDN which i find unreasonable since for $32, everyday gives you any selection of SIX products on their site , including foundations, eyeshadows, makeup brushes, concealers and blushes!! What a steal!! and they only use all-natural ingredients so it's much healthier for your skin than alot of drugstore makeup.. i highly recommend checking out their website www.everydayminerals.com.
Oh and i don't know why there are still 5 lippies since i gave packaging only 1 lippy.. the packaging sucks!!! powder flies all over the place no matter how carefully i remove the lid.. i recommend using another plastic container if you have one around the house.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2008 11:42:00 AM More reviews by reasonle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

like the other mineral wear products, this has not made me break out and has improved the texture of my skin. it covers well, and i use this as a setting powder for the fdn mixed with moisturizer. do not use the brush it comes with, it is really rough and just, not good. use a normal powder brush. this gives a nice dewy finish. i got buff beige, and it matches my med light warm skin.

*EDIT* i realized that this makes my skin much more oily, so i think this would be good for those with parched skin. so im lowering my rating from a 5 to a 3.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2008 9:55:00 PM More reviews by shylen8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I'm unable to afford an expensive mineral makeup such as BE, so I tried this one. The PF mineral wear covered my skin great. I have a few acne scars that it completely covered. The brush that it comes with is not that good. I did buy a 5 dollar brush at Ulta that is for loose powder, and it worked very well. Therefore, Im not sure if spending 30 bucks on a brush is necessary. I highly recommend this product to anyone!

I even compared the ingrediants with that of BE. There are a lot of similar ones. PF does not have Bismuth in it, which is good because it it causes a lot of women problems with their skin.

Try this product. Its only about 12 bucks, and its definately worth the try. It looks very natural and even. No makeup line!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by besidetheocean

This mineral makeup is just ok. It covers fairly well, but to get the coverage I need I have to apply at least two layers which looks cakey after a couple hours. I'm not sure if it oxidizes or if I just bought a shade too dark for my skintone, but there is definitely an orange tint that I don't like. The texture is not awful - smooth enough to spread evenly, but it doesn't seem to blend well into the skin like mineral makeup should in my opinion. I don't think that this makeup has ever broken me out, which is a plus. The packaging is convenient, and there is a plastic piece that can be lifted up in order to shake the powder out, which keeps it from being too messy. I would not repurchase this makeup again, and will only use the amount that I have left if I happen to run out of something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2008 8:41:00 AM More reviews by marylizette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hands down, the best mineral makeup for my skin. I have worn BE, Aromaleigh, Philosophy, Youngblood, L'oreal, Laura Mercier and others. BE broke me out terribly. The rest all had issues: too shiny, no coverage, no oil absorption, but this mineral makeup offers coverage, no oily break through and no break outs. I really love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2008 4:02:00 AM More reviews by banapple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

great product!! for a good price too. I've never used the bare escentual mineral loose powders so I can't really compare this one to that one. but I do love physician's formula mineral powder, it's great for oily complexions. packaging is kind of odd. i don't like the plastic dome with the little brush inside. the brush sucks by the way....use a bigger powder brush.

other than that i'm pretty satisfied with this =D

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by tenbabytoes

I have used all of the major brands, bobbi brown, clinique, lancome etc. and have finally found my FAVORITE makeup. It is nice to know that I can use one product that does everything. . powder & foundation. Make sure you get a nice powder brush because the brush is poorly made and difficult to use. This product gives me a flawless complexion without looking over done. Have told all of my friends about it that are wasting their money on Bare Minerals. Colors are very true.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by vivix

ignore the reallllllly crappy brush it comes with and you have a FABULOUS product. i otten use this when i don't feel like wearing foundation and it really covers my redness and diminishes the appearance of acne without obliterating it completely so i don't look like i'm wearing anything. it doesn't make me break out nor does it make me greasy. it lasts forever too! it can get a little messy but it's worth it. and it has a visible effect too!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2008 1:45:00 AM More reviews by son_of_salmon

I'm a male and I must say that this is the only foundation I've found that I can put on and not have that makeup look. For that reason I highly cherish this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by PinkDagger

Being the only loose mineral powder readily available and generally affordable near me, Physicians Formula is a lifesaver. It doesn't cover ALL of my acne and acne scars, but it does a significantly better job than other foundations I've used on my skin. With some other minor adjustments to my regime (moisturizing tonnes - dry skin is powder's enemy!!), the powder slides on sleek and doesn't rub off like other foundation forms I've used. It looks so great, and even though it doesn't cover everything, it does a damn good job at everything else.

The packaging is weird. I can't say I'm a huge fan of it, and I usually end up losing powder off the edges when I tap the brush, but besides that, I would definitely recommend it.