LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

on 8/4/2009 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have normal skin that doesn't usually act up or break out. I bought this along with Celestial for a new skin routine. The SA applied this all over my hand and I remember thinking to myself, why is she rubbing wet horse food all over my hand? After she rinsed me off, I felt my skin and was amazed at how soft and clean it was, so I bought about $10's worth and decided to give it a try.

It's been about a month, and I use this product religiously. The smell was a bit strange at first - certainly not anything like the fruity or flowery cleanser smells I was used to - but it's grown on me and I actually enjoy the refreshing scent now. It's kind of annoying to wet it and knead into a paste, but it only takes about 10 seconds and I like that a little bit of product goes a long way. I use this pretty much every day because my skin isn't super sensitive, but every once in a while I exfoliate with this for five minutes and leave it on my face for another five minutes. It leaves my skin feeling soft and fresh, and it's helped clear up some blackheads around my nose.

As with all facial products, I would highly recommend picking up a sample first. This product worked well on me but that's no guarantee that it'll do the same for you...always read these reviews with a grain of salt!

on 8/2/2009 9:21:00 PM

This stuff is amazing for rashes and exfoliating once a week.
I had the worst contact dermatitus from trying all sorts of creams with SPF included.
Nothing was clearing it up. My face looked like a science experiment for hives and the effects allergies have on unfortunate individuals.
I had heard so much about LUSH and was really into the no chemicals groove.
So off I to the nearest LUSH, smelling everything in sight, then explaining my rash and my skin's tendancy towards dryness. "Use AOBS twice a day and your rash will go away" claimed the helpful sales assistant.
1 week later and oh my god.
The rash was gone and my skin was back to being beautiful.
Now, I only use this once or twice a week, but for rashes and dermatitus from harsh products, this is a miracle.
Oh, and I love the smell. So. Much.
Whenever I get stressed or can't sleep, I go into my bathroom and smell all my LUSH products (:

on 8/2/2009 6:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I like this cleanser! It is soft and smells really good, although I find that it doesn't mix with water that well. I love the way it smells, although it is a strong smell. Not really that exfoliating, the herbs jut kind of fall off my face. I gets my skin really clean and helps with the oil and the dry skin on my face, it is worth at least picking up a sample of!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This product was nice, but it didn't do anything completely amazing for me. I keep my container stored in the fridge to prevent bacteria/mold/whatever. I'm still not quite sure if I'm using it right. I take a large pea sized amount (I cleanse my face, neck & chest) & add some water to make it pasty....except it doesn't get pasty for me...just incredibly chunky. Either way, I give myself a thorough facial massage with this & leave it on for about a minute then gently rinse it off. I tone afterward & my skin feels nice. It's definitely less oily, but I still tend to get breakouts when I use this. I like it, though & will continue to purchase :)

on 8/1/2009 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is just lovely!! My skin was really acting up this winter, getting all flaky (while still being oily) and sensitive and gross. I switched my gel cleanser and my Clinique scrub for this wonderful stuff and my skin immediately became softer and the redness calmed down completely. I was a bit hesitant to use an exfoliating cleanser every day, but this hasn't been an issue at all.

The smell isn't fantastic (it reminds me of off prune juice), but it isn't strong, and it doesn't linger at all. I keep my chunk in a little plastic container in the shower and use a pea sized amount each time. You just have to mush it up in the palm of your hand a little before you spread it on your face.

on 7/28/2009 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

works really well IN THE BEGINNING, don't be fooled, don't let the sales girl talk you into buying a lot, buy a small amount because this stuff goes back FAST, especially if you're using it during the summer. bacteria will grow on it eventually before you use up the entire time, i rememb. i threw out 3/4 of the tube because mold! Gross. Keep it in the fridge or something or buy it for the winter when it's cold. Don't use for summer and don't buy a huge chunk.

on 7/28/2009 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this cleanser yesterday for the first time and ill give you my first impressions.
First ill start with the smell. it stinks in the post, it smells old and musty but luckily the smell doesnt carry over to the skin and while washing you cant smell it.
the reason i havent given this product 5 lippies is because of the smell and also it is slightly difficult to use you need a small amount between your hands with a bit of water mixed in but it does take a while to make it into a paste and not good if your rushing around getting ready in the morning. i would recommend this as part of a relaxing bedtime routine. just massage all over face for 5 minutes then remove with a face flannel (important) and warm water
As for what it did to my SKIN! oh my skin has never ever felt so soft. i always get blackheads especially around my nose and no amount of scrubbing with my clean and clear will get rid of them, however after one use of this cleanser i noticed a great improvement in the condition of my skin and i is so soft and supple. the exfoliants in this cleanser are not scratchy you cant even feel them rubbing your skin it just feels like tiny rubber balls in there, but it really does work wonders i would recommend this product to anyone

I wanted to try the natural route to clean my face and after seeing rave reviews online, I decided to purchase this cleanser. And it is awesome. My skin became smoother and there's less redness on my face. I also don't get pimples as much. My only gripe is that their packaging sucks. I store mine in the fridge since it does have natural ingredients and I just take a pea-size amount everytime. I would suggest to just buy in small amounts because they do expire.

on 7/25/2009 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS: (1) moisturizing for the winter. (2) Great as a hand moisturizing wash (3) no overwhelming smell.

CONS: (1) dont like the plastic packaging, it is not travel friendly, and does not block out moisture. I would notice moisture in my product which can lead to bacteria growth. (2) did not exfoliate well, as promised. (3) found the herb chunks annoying, they decay before the rest of the product goes bad. (4) Skin does not feel clean after cleansing.

This is more ideal for people with dry skin. This was great for the Winter, although I only used it twice a week to restore deep moisture than lotion was simply not sufficient enough in. Otherwise it simply does not work for me as an every day cleanser. I prefer a fresher feeling after cleansing.

on 7/21/2009 8:50:00 PM

I HATE THIS STUFF... lol. I used it for about 3 weeks and at the beginning it was awesome it would leave my face feeling softer than ever but then i started to break out unbelievably and im not talking about tiny pimples im talking about pimples that could be mistakend for boils and they didnt go away for a week or two. So if you have skin thats even slightly prone to pimples i really really do not reccommend. I recoomend you stay as far away aas possible from it and i also didnt like the smell or the texture very much it was too hard to work with.