LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got a very generous sample of this with the BIG shampoo I ordered from Lush and while it did make my super acne prone skin soft it did not clean it. I felt like there was a layer of oil on my face. The grit isn't too bad and the smell is wonderful, but I would defenitely not use this again as I would anticipate some major pore-clogging, volcano causing residue to build up and that would not be pretty.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

this product is simply amazing!!! growing up as a teen, i virtually experienced no pimples, besides the common PMS pimples. growing up a young woman into my early 20's, i started developing pimples on my chin, both sides of my face, and my forehead. i even had a cystic acne pimple on my chin! talk about a frikin train wreck! and sometimes i swear it was over night. maybe hormones?

behold, i looked into LUSH products! i went in wanting to buy dark angels, but after the girl demonstrated it, it was way too messy because it was black, so i got angels on bare skin instead!

this is simply AMAZING and a god send! ive been using it for 2 weeks, and it has improved my skin ssoo much! my pimples are disappearing, my pores are tighter, and i have virtually no oil on my face by the end of the day (and i even work in an area where i cook and it could get very hot).

people say this is messy, but i don't think it's messy at all honestly! if you put enough water and make the right consistency (i make it into a thin paste), it doesn't fall your skin, or onto the sink.

the fragrance could be pretty strong. it doesn't smell that bad, and it smells quite refreshing on your face!

EDIT after i finished the whole container, switched over to a new product that i liked more. however, i am now out of that product and began using LUSH again. I switched over to herbalism which i like more for controlling oil.

Very nice product in general. The exfoliating particles aren't too scrubby which makes this perfect to use morning and night. Gives me a fresh clean feeling but definately doesn't leave my skin feeling tight..i suppose thats down to the glycerine thats in the product.
Nice earthy smell, keeps my skin fresh.

i got some of the angels on bare skin in a sample pot the last time i went to lush and i am def gonna go back and buy some more. for a start - it has lasted me ages - secondly i just love the name of it and thirdly i just love the product. it smells so fresh and clean - like lavender and it just feels so natural and lovely, i was worried it would be too exfoliating for everyday use - but it really is fine as long as you dont scrub too hard, it leaves your skin just feeling clean, with no residue - nothing amazing - just clean - which is what you want. and i like the fact the it looks kinda ugly and smells kinda weird but i love its uniqueness! and it may seems expensive but is really great valur for money as it lasts for ever and is a great quality product!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Surprisingly, this was amazing on my skin. To be totally honest, I haven't had much luck with Lush skincare, despite the fact I have tried nearly every Lush product by now. The cleansers are generally either like soap or like just washing my face with water. However, I found Angels on bare skin was not bad when i first used it a few years ago. I quite like the smell, and the texture is amazing. I have combination to oily skin and was expecting it to be a disaster, but it worked well and my skin was beautifully soft. The only downside is that a) I had to use quite a bit and b) I wasn't wearing make up at all at the time. That being said, I'm really not sure it would work nearly as well today :)

I absolutely love this cleanser and wont use anything else.
I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin, everything I have ever tried (Aveeno, Avene, La Roche Posay, Vichy) has left my face bright red, stinging, burning, and irritated, even cleansers without soaps, alcohols, or acids. I had been using other Lush products for years and decided it was time to try one of their cleansers, and since it only had 5 ingredients I figured there wasnt much chance of it irritating my skin, and I was right.
Yes, it takes a few more minutes than other products, but its so worth it. Not only does it clean my skin without the burning, but it makes it feel soft and moisturized too. I just use it at night, and then when I shower in the morning I just let the water hit my face and nothing else.
I cant say enough good things about this product, it really has been a miracle for my sensitive skin.

I love how soft and smooth this made my skin!! Unfortunately it also broke me out. I can't use anything that contains Koalin, and this cleanser contains that. i thought it was ok since i got a sample and it "seemed" ok. I was wrong :"( Now i'm stuck with 100grms of this stuff i can't use!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this product. I definitely do not have the best skin- red, oily and dry, and sensitive- but this really seamed to help, exfoliates well while still being gentle. I took a lipie off only because it expires in 3 months and i liked it so much when i first got it i bought a bunch haha (which I should have been aware of since its lush)

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

this is my everyday cleanser. I use this during the day and it really helps. I have mild keratosis pillaris in my face and this really works without drying your face.

I have to be fair; for my needs, Angels on Bare Skin is a poor performer. I have oily, blackhead-prone skin that's otherwise quite clear. I need a good, hardworking cleanser to strip it of its daily dose of makeup, powder, and sunscreen. This isn't it.

Mind you, I was told by the LUSH employee that this is more of a gentle morning cleanser, designed for those with not-so-oily skin, and although it is an exfoliator, it's very light. For that reason, it's great to use daily and it does feel my skin feeling soft and supple. But I just don't feel clean after using this.

For those with skin like mine, you're better off with Dark Angels, a hardcore exfoliator which will suck the blackheads away and leave you with baby soft skin.