Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

One of the best drug store face powders! It does exactly what its supposed to do. It mattifies and keeps oil at bay. Only thing I noticed is if you reapply once or twice throughout the day it will start to look cakey. Also...the lid to this stuff always breaks on me and it just flies off every time I go to pick it up...but I wont complain for that price!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the only product I have hit the pan on! I use it religiously.

I have the lightest shade that isn't translucent, and though it is pigmented, it just adds that tiny extra amount of coverage. I never looked overly-powdered or cake-y. Though I'm sure with a heavier hand, it does have the ability to be cake up.

I have combination skin, and with my foundation, I tend to look very shiny and borderline oily. Stay Matte instantly mattifies any of those shiny areas. It's ideal for lightly brushing throughout the T-Zone. Good for putting over concealer too if you have acne.

The big problem I have with it was the extremely flimsy packaging. The top comes off way too easily and cracked in two without me even being rough with it. It is now currently being held together by duct tape.

on 6/6/2013 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This has been an excellent pressed powder that leaves my face matte for hours. However I've come to realize that every time I use this, I get little raised bumps on my face. This led to a massive breakout (mind you, I have oily acne probe skin). I guess everyone's skin acts differently to different products. I'm still in search for my holy grail pressed powder!

on 6/5/2013 12:56:00 AM

I've repurchased this many times, so I guess that means I really like it! It doesn't leave me cakey, even though it is matte and I am dry. I like to dab a kabuki brush in it and tap it around my face after foundation / bb cream. It seems to work better than all other DS powders I've tried. I like this and Coty Airspun a lot.

on 6/4/2013 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

PROS:
*the price was very decent, cost me only 4 bucks at Walmart.
*DID NOT cause me to break out which some matte powders tend to do to me.
*DID control my oil in my t-zone.

CONS:
*contains Talc, which is being known to not be one of the best ingredients for the skin. Can be irritating and cause acne.
*looks ashy and cakey on me
*horrible color selection, the most colors I've seen at any store in my area was 4 and I ended up just having to pick one that was a bit too light for me and just warmed it up with bronzer.
*I wish there was mirror in the compact to do touchups throughout the day. Also it just has a plastic top that tends to come off in my makeup bag a lot. Not very secure.
*Most of the colors I have found have most pink undertones, I am yellow so you can imagine how awkward that can look.

Pretty good setting powder , just apply with a light hand and after foundation is fully set so it doesnt cake up !

on 5/30/2013 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my all time favorite setting powder. I've used it for over a year a I rarely use any product consistently. It keeps my skin matte and helps my makeup last longer. Be careful not to use too much or you will look cakey!! I hate the packaging but it's so cheap I don't care. I have combo skin so not sure if this would work the same for oily people but it works great for me. I have already repurchased!

on 5/30/2013 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is an "okay" product. It's not horrible but not something to write home about either. I bought it after seeing it was highly recommended in the youtube beauty community. It didn't do anything great for my oily skin and it has a tendency to look cakey if you don't apply it lightly enough. I've found that Covergirl Advanced Radiance Powder works a lot better for my oily skin as it doesn't slide as much as this does. But if you are on a tight budget or need something in a jiffy - I'd go with this!

on 5/29/2013 8:40:00 PM

I am on my second pan, and I can't get enough of it! Super affordable, and I like it better than Make up Forever's pressed powder. The only thing I'd recommend when purchasing this product, jump up a shade, so you won't be washed out. Also, you don't need a ton for matte skin. :)

I have been using this powder for about 8 years and must have gone through so many! I have tried other more expensive brands but have always come back to this eventually. Just stops shine really well and is easy to carry around for touch ups throughout the day. Will never stop repurchasing.

Video Reviews & Tutorials