September 23, 2014 | 1810 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by jennarae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had no intention of trying this... HOWEVER in the middle of summer on vacation I looked and felt like a greasy mess so I picked this up.

Pros
-Inexpensive
-Easy to apply
-Lasts forever
-Reduces shininess for 2-3 hours
-Doesn't settle into pores

Cons
-Packaging sucks (always opens up in purse)
-Doesn't come with brush to apply
-Only mattifies for a few hours

Bottom line
This is a good drugstore option to keep oilies at bay however it does not measure up to MUF HD Microfinish powder or Sephora's translucent setting powder. I actually leave a container of this stuff in my glove compartment as a back up in case I need it in a pinch.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by laurelrea

Love this stuff. Does just what you want it to. I only took points off for the shitty packaging and lack of mirror. Will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by tabriasmakeuplife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the fact that this product doesn't make your face overly powdery or cakey. That's why I hate most setting powders because if it's a setting powder, it's not supposed to have heavy coverage, it's supposed to just lightly set your foundation. This stuff works great with a dewy or satin finish foundation because you can place the MATTE powder wherever you like to be matte on your face, and bam, you will only maybe to touch up at least once throughout the day! I have this in transparent, and it definitely doesn't have much colour, which is awesome. I love wearing this for a natural look also without any foundation for school because it keeps me matte where my shiny areas are, and it doesn't even look like makeup AT ALL. I got this for 6.99 at walmart in Canada, which is a fantastic price for a powder here. I will definitely repurchase.
I took off one lippie for the packaging. The lid does not stay on well, especially if you want to touch up your makeup throughout the day and through it in your purse. I just don't want to do that because i'm afraid the lid will fall off and the powder will get over everything.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Tralana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only reason I'm giving this powder a 4/5 is because of the packaging, I hate that I can't put it in my bag because the top comes off so easily! Other than that, the powder itself is great! When I first apply it it does look a little bit too powdery and matte, but after a little white it settles in and looks more natural. It's not too expensive and keeps me shine free most of the day. I just have to take another powder with me to work for the middle of the day because like I said, I can't bring this one =(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by M1chshell

i love my stay matte press powder. i have really oily skin so i have to often blot, but with the stay matte i only need to touch up my face once through out the entire day. i have the stay matte in 001 transparent and this powder works for all skin color and it doesn't make your face look ashy or cakey. the downside to this product is the packaging. the lid barley twist shut and when i pop this product in my bag the lid twistes off the product, but other than that i really love this product. it last for a very long time because with this product you only need to sweep a little on your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by tkittyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best pressed powder I have ever used. Leaves such a flawless finish when used over liquid foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by vanyachap

I've heard a lot for this powder.Its good,but its not that good.Maybe my skin is too oily,but It gets oily in 2-3h after application. It gives a nice finish without being too cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by MissusH123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I never really stick to my powders but I will be sticking to this from now on! The foundation I use leaves a little shine after application which I don't like but thankfully this fixes it right away! It covers very well. I have quite red cheeks and this covers the last of the redness that the foundation didn't quite get. It also stop my foundation from coming off and it lasts a very long time! I can't wait to buy some more.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by coffeeprincess709

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was the first powder I ever bought and I have repurchased it twice in my whole life. I have never finished one of these, I've dropped the first two I own and they shattered completely. At first, I thought this powder was pretty good, but after venturing out and trying many other powders, this one quickly became one of my least favorite powders. It settles into the finest lines, I am only 18, it looks cakey and doesn't control oil at all. I would not recommend even with the cheap price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I didn't like this at all on my dry-ish skin. The colour selection is poor, the texture is grainy an the packaging is terrible (it doesn't seem to lock a while lot). Plus it irritates my skin.

I know lots of people like this powder, but it's not for me.