October 22, 2014 | 1705 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by catwood

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this is my go-to pressed powder. has such a nice feel when it goes on your face, doesn't look cakey. super cheap as well!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Broke me out horribly with acne welts that took forever to heal! Will not repurchase! Packaging is also terrible, since the lid wont stay closed in my purse.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by chriseileen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder works OK, if not similar to CHANEL's POUDRE UNIVERSELLE COMPACTE ($45.00). Both purposed for the same reason; to control oil/shine. However, Rimmel's STAY MATTE Powder is only 1/9th the cost of CHANEL's.

This product advertises "up to 5 hours natural shine control" for myself it lasts up to about 2-3 hours before I need to touch up again.

Packaging is not the most glamorous, doesn't include a mirror, and is not convenient since the entire cover/lid comes off instead of on a hinge (like most compacts), but I'm going to go ahead and make sense of it by saying it is most likely the reason why this product sells for cheap (less than $5.00). In that case, I don't mind because it's really the product I'm interested in working.

I heard of this product through the YouTube Guru Tanya Burr, she suggests this product works like it should, which it does, but most likely the weather conditions where I am versus where she resides or where anyone else who uses this product lives effects the longevity of how long the shine control lasts.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 7:55:00 AM More reviews by yazmin77

It only works in the winter, when it was hot and there was a lot of sun I was shiny and greasy so it couldent have worked for me .

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Prettyprettyprincess123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm quite the product snob but this is the best pressed powder i have ever used ! i've bought about 20 of these and i don't plan on ever buying another powder again. it's color is perfect and it doesn't cake. it's super cheap and so great you got to give it a try !!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not really a review of the powder which does exactly what it says. But here is my tip. Go to a thrift/charity shop and buy a pretty vintage compact. Remove the Rimmel from the box and insert. Everyone will admire yourcompact. You have a great powder and no one will know. Also it will stay together in your bag - simple innit

18 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by mascaramasquerade

Since I started using this about 1 1/2 years ago I've probably gone through literally 15 of these, all in transparent. I use this to set my concealer/foundation. Its super cheap and it DOES help to control shine without making my face look to pink.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Katyschoice

This was a ehhhh product for me. I needed a powder, and i purchased this for $5 at my local CVS. It definitley keeps away shine, but is a bit cakey for my liking, and since i am a middle schooler i prefer a more natural look. It is alright if you are on a budget, but i recommend spenting a bit more on a nicer powder, such as revlon's nearly naked. And dont even get me started on the packaging, which is so flimsy that the lid falls off constanly... All in all, im not so impressed, but in a squeeze i could live with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Agharzeddine

Okay, this is literally the only powder that leaves me with a matte finish. I used to get oily an hour after I left the house.. but this stuff makes me shine free ALL DAY. I just wish it came as a compact with a mirror. But that is my only complaint. Stick with the translucent! It's amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by cmscheidt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is definitely one of my favorite drug store powders...and it was under 5 dollars! It leaves your face matte and does not look cakey.