Redken All Soft Conditioner

Aqua/water, cetearyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, elaeis sinensis oil/palm oil, cetyl alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, octyldodecanol, sodium PCA, parfum/fragrance, citric acid, chlorhexidine dihydrochloride, argania spinosa oil, argania spinosa kernel oil, arginine, hydrolyzed soy protein, hydrolyzed vegetable protein pg-propyl silanetriol.

on 4/7/2006 9:02:00 PM

I love this line. I've tried several others, including cat walk and paul mitchell, and back to basics, but nothing could do what the All Soft line does for my hair. My stylist even noticed (and she's not the one who recommended it to me). It's completely changed my frizzy, dull, unmanageable hair into soft, smooth and shiny hair!

on 3/21/2006 11:30:00 AM

UPDATE: After several years of using All-soft products, I now use sleek.look by matrix and prefer it. I think all-soft is fine more light moisture, but if you need heavy duty moisture, sleek.look is a much better line, imo. Original Review: Like others have indicated, I prefer this line for treating my over-processed hair more than the Extreme (which is more indicated for this). Which one you choose probably depends on what you're going for - repair or softness. My hair isn't very damaged (not too brittle or breakable), but it is very dry (I recently stopped dying my hair a dark brunette and went back to blonde...you can imagine what the bleaching is doing to my hair). Nothing (and I do mean *nothing) makes my hair as soft as Allsoft products. I use the AllSoft conditioner on my ends *every day* (usually mixed with a bit of heavy cream). I don't find that it weighs my hair down at all, but my hair isn't very fine in the first place. I often get comments on how I have such great, soft hair. Now you know why =P. Yes, it really *is* worth it to buy salon shampoos and conditioners in many cases. They are often more gentle (as far as detergent composition goes) and more moisturizing (the all-soft is loaded with conditioning ingredients like glycerin and avocado oil). I highly recommend experimenting with these lines to find out what works for you. I sometimes try other professional brands, but I always go back to Redken =). UPDATE: I'm now using matrix sleek look products because I've finally gotten smart to the fact that I can get smoothness in the shower rather than wasting time in the morning applying products. I think sleek look poo/cond. is superior for deliverying smoothness and shine to frizzy hair. However, if you are aiming for softness, I would still highly recommend redken all-soft.

on 3/20/2006 11:04:00 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Redken All-Soft Conditioner + Shampoo!! To cut it down i absolutelt recommend all of the All-Soft line~ it's astonishing!! it does wonder to my dry/unruly/frizzy hair!! it makes it so touchable and frizz-free!! it's hard to believe! i got lots of comments about my hair whenever i use this~ i have a prefect hair day whenever i use this! it's a life savior!! even though it's a bit pricey it's well worth the money. =]

on 3/10/2006 12:17:00 AM

I LOVE my Redken Smooth Down conditioner. I have extremely thick, extremely long hair thats been dyed too many times.. and this stuff has worked wonders on it. It's the only conditioner I use. It makes it smooth & soft. My hair was once dry and damanged, and now it's long and beautiful!
Only bad thing is that L'Oreal products are tested on animals. This is a huge disappointment. I need an alternative for my Redken now! =[

Redken products saved my hair. I sound like a commercial when I start talking about this, but it's true. I have very straight somewhat fine hair that I abuse by dying it constantly. After one particularily bad run where I attempted to bleach out black dye myself, I ended up with an awful mess of brittle scraggly dry frizzy straw-like hair. I thought my hair was ruined. I ended up going to the salon and spending hundreds of dollars and hours getting it repaired and she sent me home with a bunch of Redken stuff. Now I always distrusted salons for doing things like that. Oh, they just want you to keep coming back and buying their overpriced products-- there's no difference between those products and the stuff I buy on sale at Target. Well, let me tell you-- it's been over a year since I was at the salon and my hair is still as shiny soft and smooth as the day I left. I've been dying my hair regularily for almost 10 years now (wow, scary!) and my hair is back to the way it was before I started dying it-- and I still dye it once a month! Every once in a while I'll run out and use my boyfriends $1.99 Suave stuff and the difference is noticible even when I'm still in the shower.

The stylist orginally gave me a combination of Color Extend and Extreme products, but after experiementing a little I've found that I like the All-Soft best. I dye my hair frequently enough that I don't need the Color Extend, and though I still use the Extreme Deep Fuel treatments right after I color, the All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner are enough to keep my hair smooth and shiny and soft. And they smell SO GOOD- like honey (that might be the real reason they're my favorite.) So Redken, you've made me a believer. It really is worth it to spend money on good hair products.

on 2/26/2006 11:03:00 AM

This stuff + a haircut fixed my hair. :) My hair has been frizzy and poofy since about the sixth grade but now I actually get compliments on it! The smell of the allsoft range of products is really pleasing. The package could be better though. I had the regular size, and the bottle was really stiff to squeeze, I replaced it with the large size bottle and found that it's still stiff to squeeze but easier to get the product out, although it's constantly falling off the edge of the tub. Lol.

on 2/16/2006 3:59:00 PM

"Redken All Coarse! is more like it! This conditioner made my hair feel just as soft as a clarifying shampoo would! It did not weigh my hair down, which is good, but I think that cus it stripped everything out of my hair! It made my hair tangled & dry. And for the record, I've yet to find a Redken product that does what it claims to do.

on 2/15/2006 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Can be a little heavy for us fine-haired girls, which is why I use it only a couple times a week. Even so, it is really good, smells wonderful, and leaves my hair very shiney

on 2/14/2006 10:11:00 PM

I live in a tropical humid environment all year round. I had high hopes for this because of the reviews I had read. I have very dry frizzy hair, so I was looking for heavy conditioning. After I use the conditioner, my hair appears okay and feels 'normal' soft (i.e. not any softer than usual). But my hair feels drier as the day progresses, which is normal for my hair. So unfortunately this conditioner doesn't improve the condition of my hair. Redken's Smooth Down Butter Treat is better in that my hair isn't as dry, but it's still not ideal even after I use it everyday!

on 2/8/2006 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

So So Conditioner doesn't weigh my hair down but it also doesnt make it soft and shiney. You could find a better product.