November 24, 2014 | 936 users online

Conditioner - Redken - All Soft Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2006 12:17:00 AM More reviews by mel0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE my Redken Smooth Down conditioner. I have extremely thick, extremely long hair thats been dyed too many times.. and this stuff has worked wonders on it. It's the only conditioner I use. It makes it smooth & soft. My hair was once dry and damanged, and now it's long and beautiful!
Only bad thing is that L'Oreal products are tested on animals. This is a huge disappointment. I need an alternative for my Redken now! =[

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2006 9:45:00 PM More reviews by punkrock_pinup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Redken products saved my hair. I sound like a commercial when I start talking about this, but it's true. I have very straight somewhat fine hair that I abuse by dying it constantly. After one particularily bad run where I attempted to bleach out black dye myself, I ended up with an awful mess of brittle scraggly dry frizzy straw-like hair. I thought my hair was ruined. I ended up going to the salon and spending hundreds of dollars and hours getting it repaired and she sent me home with a bunch of Redken stuff. Now I always distrusted salons for doing things like that. Oh, they just want you to keep coming back and buying their overpriced products-- there's no difference between those products and the stuff I buy on sale at Target. Well, let me tell you-- it's been over a year since I was at the salon and my hair is still as shiny soft and smooth as the day I left. I've been dying my hair regularily for almost 10 years now (wow, scary!) and my hair is back to the way it was before I started dying it-- and I still dye it once a month! Every once in a while I'll run out and use my boyfriends $1.99 Suave stuff and the difference is noticible even when I'm still in the shower.

The stylist orginally gave me a combination of Color Extend and Extreme products, but after experiementing a little I've found that I like the All-Soft best. I dye my hair frequently enough that I don't need the Color Extend, and though I still use the Extreme Deep Fuel treatments right after I color, the All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner are enough to keep my hair smooth and shiny and soft. And they smell SO GOOD- like honey (that might be the real reason they're my favorite.) So Redken, you've made me a believer. It really is worth it to spend money on good hair products.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2006 11:03:00 AM More reviews by kisanw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff + a haircut fixed my hair. :) My hair has been frizzy and poofy since about the sixth grade but now I actually get compliments on it! The smell of the allsoft range of products is really pleasing. The package could be better though. I had the regular size, and the bottle was really stiff to squeeze, I replaced it with the large size bottle and found that it's still stiff to squeeze but easier to get the product out, although it's constantly falling off the edge of the tub. Lol.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2006 3:59:00 PM More reviews by reesie1228

"Redken All Coarse! is more like it! This conditioner made my hair feel just as soft as a clarifying shampoo would! It did not weigh my hair down, which is good, but I think that cus it stripped everything out of my hair! It made my hair tangled & dry. And for the record, I've yet to find a Redken product that does what it claims to do.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2006 7:45:00 PM More reviews by MeowMix718

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Can be a little heavy for us fine-haired girls, which is why I use it only a couple times a week. Even so, it is really good, smells wonderful, and leaves my hair very shiney

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2006 10:11:00 PM More reviews by sane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I live in a tropical humid environment all year round. I had high hopes for this because of the reviews I had read. I have very dry frizzy hair, so I was looking for heavy conditioning. After I use the conditioner, my hair appears okay and feels 'normal' soft (i.e. not any softer than usual). But my hair feels drier as the day progresses, which is normal for my hair. So unfortunately this conditioner doesn't improve the condition of my hair. Redken's Smooth Down Butter Treat is better in that my hair isn't as dry, but it's still not ideal even after I use it everyday!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2006 6:11:00 PM More reviews by September

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So So Conditioner doesn't weigh my hair down but it also doesnt make it soft and shiney. You could find a better product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2006 2:14:00 AM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm a huge Redken fan, but I hate both the All Soft & Color Extend line. This conditioner didn't make my hair soft at all, it actually smelled like chlorine when I washed with it =( I'll stick to my Smooth Down !!! My Dad loves it though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2005 10:06:00 AM More reviews by virginiachick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have slightly wavy, fine but a lot of it, brunette almost shoulder length hair. I color it to chase the first grays away, and I also blow dry and flatiron it almost every day...so I need a conditioner that will protect and keep my hair soft from all the crap that I do to it. I bought a sample size of this at Ulta, and I fell in love. This conditioner delivers what I am seeking. I don't care if it has silicones in it, my hairdresser told me that it doesn't matter if my shampoo and conditioner have silicones it in, as long as I like how my hair turns out and I clarify once a week. I found this at Ulta, but I have seen it at many other salons. I paid for the gift pack combo All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner with a styling lotion $15. But I think the conditioner retails for $10.99. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2005 4:00:00 PM More reviews by SEL123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AGAIN, NOTHING SPECIAL, SMELLS NICE BUT NO CHANGE IN MY HAIR AFTER GOING THRU A BOTTLE WITH MATCHING SHAMPOO