December 22, 2014 | 1695 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by jordella

Love it!
Other soaps leave my skin feeling sticky and scummy, but this one leaves my skin feeling soft, fresh and clean!
It smells great too! I LOVE this! ♥

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Lillianw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This dove soap bar is great it not only leaves your skin soft but it smells great i love this soap i have like 15 bars at home.. stock up on only the best..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2009 5:57:00 AM More reviews by MellyHelly

So so. I'm not crazy about this soap bar. Actually it's not even a real soap, but rather a soft syndet with some cream inside.
From an hygienical point of view is not the best choice. Traditional hard soap is less weak towards bacteria. Maybe Dove is filled with preservatives to avoid that. I don't know. I go for this bar when I find it around at home and have nothing else on hand. It lathers well, very creamy and gentle on the spot. The scent doesn't make me giggle. I only like it every once in a while. It's so fakely clean, it lasts to much on skin, it's a disturbing chemical kind of clean. I can't stand Dove body lotions.
The results on skin are strange and highly mixed. It cleanses deeply and gently both face and body, but after a few minutes I feel my skin stripped and tight. It's supposed to be moisturising, but it's not. The famous 1/4 of cream is maybe more useful to dissolve dirty and makeup better before the foam part rinses it away.
so it could be a good choice for oily skins. Anyway give you skin some moisture afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 5:24:00 AM More reviews by maxsmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After searching for years for the perfect product for my face, I come back to Dove. I have a pretty basic routine for my face, I use a generic Cetaphil first, then follow with the plain white Dove bar, and top it off with Clinique Moisture Surge. I've used this method for the past 2 months and have seen a dramatic difference in the look and feel of my face. My skin glows, and feels so incredibly soft. For the first time ever, I get compliments on my complexion. And that's proof enough for me! I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by thandiepixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm writing a review for the pink/rose version of the beauty bar.
Great body soap. Divine scent. This soap always leaves me feeling refreshed and clean after using in the shower.
I don't use soap on my face. I use Neutrogena's Visibly clear exfoliating face wash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My only bar soap. I love the scent and the way it makes my skin feel. I've been using this for 10 years and will never buy a different soap...this is too perfect!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by CRAZY4MAKEUP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LUV LUV LUV DOVE! My favorite is the exfoliating bar.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by cindypretty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my #1 soap bar that i only use. leaves my body so soft & silky & it smells great.. my husband loves it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by demureninja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been a Dove bar soap user for years. A dermatologist recommended it initially, and I continue to use it because it's cheap, easy to find, and leaves me clean without bothering my sensitive skin. I even wash my face with this, as I find it takes off all my makeup and everyday grime, without being too harsh. I've always got a travel bar in my toiletry kit so I don't have to worry about getting a reaction to crappy hotel soap!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not a fan of bar soap, they always end up sticking to stuff and dry my skin out, but when money was tight, I didn't have the extra cash to shell out for cleanser and body wash, so I picked up a pack of Dove. I really liked it, even when using it as a face wash. I don't notice too much extra moisture or anything, but my skin doesn't feel tight or itchy like other soaps make me feel. It's easy to wash off as well, unlike others I've tried I feel like I'm rinsing for hours before I feel like it's all off. I stopped using this for a while after trying Clearasil Ultra Scrub, which completely upset my skin, and I used Dove one night and the next morning my skin was happy again.