December 19, 2014 | 855 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 7:53:00 AM More reviews by smoque

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skincare has been evolving slowly from high end department store products to easily bought, inexpensive natural products.
I'm much happier with this product than the Clinique toner I'd been buying for years.
It's not as drying as any of the many-numbered, confusing Clinique toners, and I can buy it anywhere.
I don't get the flaking I used to with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by marmiran23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

oh girls this is THE toner of ALL toners! it's just wonderful, i love everything about it except for the god awful smell but honestly i don't even notice it anymore. this does what a toner is SUPPOSED to do: bring the skin back to it's natural PH level after cleansing. but what's best is that it also removes left over makeup and really SOOTHES any type of irritation. i've also noticed that since using it, my acne is GONE. i don't know if i've FINALLY grown out of my acne (i'm 27, it's about time) or if its this product. it's cheap, so there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't go buy it! so go get it girlfriends! you will LOVE it, i promise.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2009 11:59:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a pretty decent toner. Its very gentle. It removes any dirt or make up left on your face(surface, not very good for deep cleaning into your pores) after washing without drying your skin out like alcohol would. It is pretty cheap too. I dont think it stinks at all it has a smell to it but it doesnt bother me at all. I would rebuy.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by isabellaxxmarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product! I bought this on sale at walgreens for about $2. I have been using it for about a month now and my face feels soooo much better. It is clean and refreshed! the oil amount has definetly decreased with use of this product. The only thing is that it smells horrid. I was really doubting if I was going to keep using this becuase it smelled so bad. After a few weeks, I have gotten used to it and now I hardly even notice. I feel that this is a great value and a really good product, as long as you can get over smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by ashley1227

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product doesn't do anything that a decent smelling toner can't do. This stuff smells like tequila and I just can't bear to put it anywhere near my face. I don't feel that it affects the amount of oil on my face and it definitely doesn't help my pores at all. The only good thing about this product is that its dirt cheap and you get a huge bottle for your money. Whats the use of having a huge bottle of toner that smells like 100 proof tequila and isn't very effective? Will NEVER repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I know witch hazel is supposedly supposed to keep pores clean and tightened, so I got this, but...nada. No difference at all in my pores. In fact it may make it worse because this is so drying! so my pores get really oily soon after I apply this. I thought this was pure witch hazel but apparently it has alcohol in it, so that is the problem!
And the smell, oh the smell is SO terrible, I can't stand putting it on my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by 2lilmonkees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

YES!!!! this stuff is awesomeness!! i use this after cleansing oil/cleanser and take a cotton pad wipe across face n neck, voila. perfect clean skin. no residue left. no drying out either. i put vit. c on after, sulfur mask spot trmt, n moistrzr if needed. n my skin feels awesome. no side effects after 2 weeks. my skin seems less clogged n biuld-upy. acne has gone down a lot. i only use @ nite i use my boscia clear complxn tonic in am bc its hydrating after i rinse n no nd 4 nething else 4 day. but nite time this stuff rocks. walmart has this cheap in bandaid section. A+
EDIT:12/10, ended up messing w/my skin so i now dont use it. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by etherealfairy

Well I've only used this for about... 6 days, and I'm not sure if this is the cause of my recent breakout. I'm suddenly getting small pimples around my mouth and near eyebrow O__o
Not only that, but a huge one is on my nose and it hurts T__T
I decided to stop using it to see if it was really witch hazel that caused this.
I will update.

EDIT: I don't think it was witch hazel that caused this. But my skin has been worse the time I used it, but I'm pretty sure it's something else that is affecting it.
I am still using witch hazel as a toner. After cleansing my face I use this and it makes my skin feel more fresh.
Not a miracle for me, but it's good =]

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2009 4:57:00 PM More reviews by lewheir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I kept hearing about how good witch hazel is for my skin, so I finally picked some up. This is really a great value-- for $2 you get a huge bottle. So far it hasn't broken my skin out, and is keeping my pores small after my last microderm. The only downside (and to me, this is a HUGE downside) is the smell. I've never been one to judge a product by it's smell, but this is truly rank, and I'm not sure I'll be able to get past it. I put it on in the am and pm, and the smell really seems to linger for a good half hour.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 12:07:00 PM More reviews by RosieDee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combination dry skin that started breaking out late last year. Acne products dry up my face a lot so I always incorporate a good, rich moisturizer. Your skin cannot heal without moisture.

Anyway, I added Witch Hazel to my facial routine and im so freaking glad I did. I really think it helped clear up my skin alot. It smells weird, and it doesnt really feel like its doing anything when I put it on; it doesnt tingle or anything. But it has cleared my skin quicker than anything i've used.

I used to have really clear skin with zero effort up until late last year. I started breaking out in deep pimples on both sides of my face and they wouldnt go away. I tried alot of things, but Clean & Clear Advantage really helped control the breakouts a lot. Still, it wasnt quite enough, my skin never quite cleared all the way. And if I fell out of my routine for a few days i would start breaking out again.

Last week I was really desperate, my skin was getting bad again and I decided I was done using so many acne products on my face. My face looked the best back when I just washed it with water. But i'm not to that point just yet, so I kept using the Clean & Clear Advantage face wash, only I washed it off right after lathering it on (instead of massaging it in like the instructions say). I tone using Witch Hazel. Then I use the Clean & Clear Advantage moisturizer. After that dries, I use my Neutrogena visibly even moisturizer because my skin tends to over dry.
I've seen results in days. Im so happy. I just have to keep this up; morning and night until my skin clears completely then I'll try to wean off the Clean and Clear little by little. The less chemicals you put on your face, the better.

Try this, its cheap and its natural. Just make sure to moisturize!