April 21, 2014 | 1818 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by michybabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Thank you witch hazel, for you are a financial miracle and a blessing from the god of skin.

Ever since I've been using witch hazel (about a week now), all my pimple scars have cleared up and there has been a huge reduction in the general amount of flaws and crap on my face. I am sooo thankful for this product.

However, I have not seen a reduction in the size of my pores, which is the main function the product claims to have. It probably takes more time. I'll edit after a month about whether or not it made a difference in pore size.

The downside of this? Not much. Some of you MAY be very reluctant to use products with alcohol, but it's in there for distillation and anti-septic purposes. Just use a good moisturizer afterwards, don't be scared. It DOES make my skin very dry afterwards.

Ohh yes, how could I forget? The major downside: THE SMELL! Oh my gosh the first few times you use this you will literally want to puke. I've gotten used to it now so I barely even notice the smell. So just be very patient with this product. Don't judge it cause of the smell ;D

I like to bring a bit of this when I go jogging or walking. After I sweat a lot, I grab a few cottons and soak them in witch hazel and dab them all over my face. It gets rid of the gross sweat and oil on my face. Plus, your pimples expand when you exercise and release sweat/heat/toxins. It's the perfect time to be cleansing.

This also works great on bug bites, pimples on your back, itchy parts of your body that you can't scratch because you don't want to risk infection, as an alternative for alcohol wipes for disinfecting earrings and etc...

Ingredients: Pure Witch Hazel distilled with 14% alcohol.

Hope this helped!

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by jasmin3w4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's great for prepping your skin for make up or treatments and cleaning any residue that may be on your skin. I have combination oily skin so this hasn't dryed my skin at all. I also find this is quite useful in easing irritation of misquito bites.

Initially what turned me off from Dickinson's Witch Hazel was the smell but no longer bothers me and it's cheap (I was using Thayers before trying this witch hazel which is pricier and smells better). I have been using this for a year and will keep buying it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by staceyrella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this for few weeks, over the summer, when I was in the middle of a really bad breakout. It just irritated my skin; no improvement. I wish I would've tried something else.. rather than wasting my time with this product. Maybe I'll try it again one day.. I still have a whole bottle left.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Twinkly1216

My bottle doesn't look like this but it IS Dickinson's witch hazel and the bottle says New Look so I'm assuming it's the same thing.

I bought this because it was $2.50 at Walgreens for a 16 oz bottle and I needed a toner. I really like it. It removes all the dirt and makeup from my face that my cleanser doesn't pick up and I think it's doing what witch hazel does and keeping me from breaking out. I don't have oily skin so I don't break out often but I did find that the one night I used my heavy night cream without this toner, I broke out (in four places). I've been using this heavy cream for awhile and it never bothered me although when I read reviews on it a lot of people said it broke them out. I think using this toner with it is what made all the difference. I'd recommend it for people with oily skin, I do have to say though that it dries my skin out a little bit (my skin feels tight) so I have to immediately put on my moisturizer. It doesn't dry my skin out too much though so it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Good stuff. I use a generic brand, it's a bit cheaper. It's great for removing any goop on your face on a hot day for a quick freshening up. Also great at removing dirt & makeup my cleanser may have missed. No sense buying any other toner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of the best toners I've ever used! Before this, I've tried Proactive, Clinique, Clear and Clear, and this is my favorite. It contains witch hazel which is very natural and good for skin, soothes redness and irritation. At first I thougth it smelled a little bit like alcohol, but after awhile it doesn't bother me anymore. It does not irritate my skin AT ALL. I love wiping this on after I wash my face, it gives my face that extra super clean feel. Sometimes when I'm too tired or lazy to wash my face before bed, I just rub this with a cotton ball all over, and it takes all my makeup all. My skin does not feel dry or tight after this, only super clean. Best of all, it is SUPER cheap. I bought a bottle at Rite Aid for less than $4, and it has lasted me a LOONG time. It's been a year and I've still not used it all up!. I will definitely repurchase this and I have recommended this to my friends.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by xbowie

Ahhh! I love this as a toner. It's refreshing and I do see and feel a difference in my skin after using it. I have oily skin especially during the summer, and this is great just for a refreshing cleanse. I definitely recommend this product to anyone. Witch hazel of course, has the unpleasant scent, but if you get used to it, this product is great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2009 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Dori319

K so this review might be a little gross for some of you.. you've been warned.

So I read the reviews for witch hazel last week. Not only had I never heard of it before but I had also never used a toner in my life before (I'm 21) but i decided it was worth a try since I've been having really oily skin this summer and people mentioned that it cut down on their oilyness. Anyways, this works great as a toner and all.. it took off some extra dirt and makeup off my face that my makeup remover and face wash missed. So I'll give it 5 lippies for a toner. But where this product works miracles is.. brace yourself.. getting rid of bumps that you get from shaving you bikini line. Sounds weird I know but I read what a lovely MUA user said below me that this stuff can be used for a man for aftershave (in order to prevent bumps on the face) so I figured it could also be used for the bikini line. Well I tried it this morning after I shaved down there just to give it a shot. To my great surprise it worked! I have tried soo many weird things that get rave reviews here on MUA and I have not been awed or extremely pleased with any of them.. I usually just have a 'meh' reaction.. well witch hazel to prevent bikini line bumps.. I am truely amazed!! Even if I never use this stuff as a toner again I will ALWAYS keep this in my home just to use it after I shave my bikini line. I've been shaving for yeears and I have always had bumps down there and they always appear the worst about 10 mins or so after I gt out of the shower.. and this morning after I shaved and swiped the witch hazel on about 5 mins after getting out of the shower and my skin is so soft, no bumps, no redness.. I really am seriously in shock!

I know this review is kinda long and weird but it helped me and now i feel so much better and more confident to not have red bumps everywhere so if it helps one girl out there.. its worth my long review :) feel free to message me with questions since my review is a little off topic of the other reviews on this product. <3

44 out of 45 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by AshleyD2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I love this stuff, but the smell is horrid. When i first used it i wanted to throw up. After a while i got used to it. It does a good job of toning and helping control breakouts, without drying out my skin like other stupid toners. The bottle is big and is lasting me forever. I have to try to remember to use this everyday though lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by hell0kitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Whether you will get used to the smell or if you'll absolutely hate it after a couple of sniffs really depends on your tolerance. For me, smell doesn't matter as long as it fades away. I got over it after a few days. This is a great toner because it makes your face feel refreshed. I can't tell if this removes extra dirt and makeup because I don't wear face makeup and my cleanser (using Trader Joe's tea tree oil soap) already removes everything. This just makes my face feel refreshed and ready for moisturizing.