September 1, 2014 | 2219 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2009 4:57:00 PM More reviews by lewheir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I kept hearing about how good witch hazel is for my skin, so I finally picked some up. This is really a great value-- for $2 you get a huge bottle. So far it hasn't broken my skin out, and is keeping my pores small after my last microderm. The only downside (and to me, this is a HUGE downside) is the smell. I've never been one to judge a product by it's smell, but this is truly rank, and I'm not sure I'll be able to get past it. I put it on in the am and pm, and the smell really seems to linger for a good half hour.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 12:07:00 PM More reviews by RosieDee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combination dry skin that started breaking out late last year. Acne products dry up my face a lot so I always incorporate a good, rich moisturizer. Your skin cannot heal without moisture.

Anyway, I added Witch Hazel to my facial routine and im so freaking glad I did. I really think it helped clear up my skin alot. It smells weird, and it doesnt really feel like its doing anything when I put it on; it doesnt tingle or anything. But it has cleared my skin quicker than anything i've used.

I used to have really clear skin with zero effort up until late last year. I started breaking out in deep pimples on both sides of my face and they wouldnt go away. I tried alot of things, but Clean & Clear Advantage really helped control the breakouts a lot. Still, it wasnt quite enough, my skin never quite cleared all the way. And if I fell out of my routine for a few days i would start breaking out again.

Last week I was really desperate, my skin was getting bad again and I decided I was done using so many acne products on my face. My face looked the best back when I just washed it with water. But i'm not to that point just yet, so I kept using the Clean & Clear Advantage face wash, only I washed it off right after lathering it on (instead of massaging it in like the instructions say). I tone using Witch Hazel. Then I use the Clean & Clear Advantage moisturizer. After that dries, I use my Neutrogena visibly even moisturizer because my skin tends to over dry.
I've seen results in days. Im so happy. I just have to keep this up; morning and night until my skin clears completely then I'll try to wean off the Clean and Clear little by little. The less chemicals you put on your face, the better.

Try this, its cheap and its natural. Just make sure to moisturize!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by disneyfreak1986

Love this! My skin is very pale, very red, very sensitive and combination acne prone, so I've gone through a lot. I was using stridex pads but eventually they were too drying. I've only been using this for almost a full week (2x's daily) and I love it so far! Even after I was my face with a wash cloth, it does not sting or irritate my skin or make the redness worse. Even though I wash well, I can still see that it takes off any excess gunk/skin/makeup/whatever that was left on my skin. It dries very fast so I don't have to wait forever to apply moisturizer afterwords (like I did with the stridex pads). I have noticed since that my acne has improved, even in this short amount of time. The smell is not that bad, you get used to it, and if the smell is the only bad thing about it then you'll be willing to get over it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Mexibay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If someone had told me about witch hazel before, I would have never bought expensive toners. This is hands down the best toner I have ever used. This toner is for all skin types. It does not clog your pores, does not break you out, or leaves your skin feeling dry and flaky. The only thing I didn't like at first was the terrible smell. But after awhile, you forget the smell is even there. I bought mine at target for $3. I have 4 back ups of this great product!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by sarahlen

I discovered witch hazel because i love those cucuber pads for puffy tired eyes but they are so expensive and hard to find. I did some research and found out that miracle depuffing liquid sleep was mostly witch hazel plus some green tea, chammomille cucumber stuff but like mostly witch hazel. I tried putting some on some cotton pads on my eyes for 10 mins and I was amazed. Granted this does not smell as good as the cucumber or orange eye pads but at 5$ for a huge bottle and like 2 for a large thing of cotton pads, the price is right. Have not tried this as a toner but I bet it would work great since it seems to tighten and lighten without drying on my eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to say after cleansing and using this toner my face feels absolutely refreshed and clean. I will never go without it, love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Mishcab23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best product ever! Natural is always better especially if you have sensitive skin like me where anything and everything breaks me out. Even baby oil!!! Before I found the Clinique three step skin care Dickenson's Witch Hazel is the only product I could use. It's an amazing toner, not to mention it's GREAT at getting off residue left behind by your cleansers. I would wash my face and everytime I swiped this stuff over my face the cotton ball would always come out with a little left over foundation my cleanser missed! Some people hate the smell. It WAS weird at first, I didn't like it and thought it was strong but then I tried Tea Tree oil.. boy did that put me in my place! That stuff is so strong it'll make you tear up! Now I like the smell, I actually think it's kind of a sweet clean smell. This stuff is amazing and will NOT dry you out. I don't know how it would work on oily skin because I have dry skin and it gives me just enough moisture (a big plus) that I barely need any moisturizer. If you have oily skin and want to try it out though, I would! It's probably the cheapest stuff ever. I get it for around 3 bucks. I've converted everyone I know!

Been using it for a year and plan to continue using it FOREVER!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by abercrombieqt55

Hell yeah to this product. I am all about the natural, and this toner is a great product. My skin has some redness issues, most toners dry me out & feel gross. This witch hazel is not very expensive at all (I forget the price) and makes my skin look healthy, especially when light is reflecting my skin. So glad I found this. I use round cotton pads to put this on-- morning and nightly. Sometimes more and still doesn't dry me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by prettynpink003

I LOVE this toner. I started breaking out really bad I used everything to clean and clear,proactive,tea tree oil cleansers and creams but nothing worked. Until I found this product while watching you tube so I went to Wal-Mart and tryed it out and i fell in love. My face was less oily through out the day,it cleared out my pores and I haven't broke out ever since then,plus it slowly stared fading my acne scares too. I would recommended this product to everyone especially people who have really oily skin. I can't see myself ever stop buying this product again it's magic in a bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2009 9:45:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you want tightened pores ladies, give Witch Hazel a try!! Though it does more, I would buy it just for that! Why spend tons of your hard earned $$ when this is so affordable? Does not matter what brand you get, the cheapest of the cheap does wonders for me! Nature at it's best. I would highly recommend!