Dickinson's Witch Hazel

4.3

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

wow. this stuff is fantastic. whenever i see a pimple coming on, i put some of this on a cotton ball, apply it to the pimple, and a few minutes later, the pimple is noticeably smaller. by the end of the day, the pimple is gone. it doesn't irritate my dry skin, either. dickinson's is perfection.

My 14 year old use this for acne. He had tried everything before this and nothing worked. He uses this twice a day on a cotton ball and his skin is clear!

So after you get over the smell of this stuff, it is super great. I use it as a makeup remover and in some DIY masks and it does a great job of removing my makeup without drying out my skin. It also helps to reduce my breakouts.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This does smell absolutely terrible, like old prunes. BUT It gets rid of any makeup left behind after my cleanser and prevents and heals pimples. Witch hazel does the job for removing any bacteria or dirt that would cause pimples, the only reason I can't give it 5 is my skin is too sensitive for it; while it doesn't dry out my skin terribly, it aggravates redness so I only use it on my cheeks, forehead, and chin where my skin is more 'tough' and tends to break out. If I use this as an all over toner it dries out my combo skin which in the end makes it more oily, but this would be very effective for those with more oily skin. And the price can't be beat; I got it at Target for ~$3, and this will last me at least a year.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product! It's absolutely fantastic, my favourite toner of all time.

I have quite oily skin, especially on the T-zone of my face. The biggest problem i have about my skin is the blackhead area on my nose (they're not actually blackheads but "black shaded" pores. This happens when the oil in the pores come into contact with air, causing it to turn black). This problem of mine has frustrated me ever since senior high school. I have tried heaps and heaps of cleaners throughout my teen years and none of them has helped - none!

Witch hazel has saved my skin - it literally refines pores making them shrink. After cleaning my face with warm water and of course a cleanser, i apply the witch hazel with a cotton ball. I can say that around 10 minutes after application, the size/colour of the pores become almost invisible. I have being to dermatologist, done facials but none has helped. Recently, i have come to the realisation that only cleaning my skin won't do the job - i have to cleanse and find a way to close the pores so that the pores remain clean. And witch hazel is the product which keeps 'em closed.

Highly recommended! <3

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've picked this up and put it back countless times, in hope that I could get the Thayer's. However my local GNC always seems to be out of stock and I finally just went with Dickinson's since it's available and half the price at the grocery store.

The one thing that I really didn't like was the smell, but I found that if you keep it in the frig it not a problem. As a toner I didn't see the results like I did with LUSH toner tabs, but it does do it's job. So I'm going to switch back a forth between the two since the toner tab (left-overs) has such a short shelf-life and more $ in the long run.

UPDATE: I finally did get the Thayer's witch hazel but started having mini break out. Switched back to this and it cleared it up in a few days.

(01/01/2011) I'm still using this twice a day, I've purchased the Sephora Liquid Dispenser Bottle to put this in and it works out great. Oh I don't have to keep in the frig anymore, because I've become desensitized to the smell.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to love this, but then the alcohol in it began to really irritate my skin and I had to stop using it. It did help some with acne, but I'm going to try apple cider vinegar instead.

Why couldn't they make an alcohol-free version of this? Jeez.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this everyday morning and night. I actually pour it into baby wipes and then use the baby wipe to apply it to my face. It's quick and easy for me.

I bought a bottle of Dickinson's witch hazel a few weeks ago and waited to post so I could try it out. I was wary of toners because I have had bad experiences with both high and low end. Elizabeth Arden's made me break out, and other drug store brands ravaged my skin. Dickinson's did neither. I cleaned my face with it on a cotton ball after my nightly face washing or shower, using more than one cotton ball if needed. It leaves my skin feeling very refreshed and I will say my complexion has improved greatly. I do need a moisturizer because while it doesn't strip my skin as harsher toners do, it does have the tiniest amount of alcohol. I find that if I always moisturize right after, I have no dryness problems with this. For reference, I have pretty sensitive, oily acne prone skin. The packaging is good, you get an enormous amount for cheap and the hole in the lid is small enough to control the amount of product you want. Overall, I am very pleased with this product and will continue to use as long as it keeps improving my complexion.

I don't even know why I ever bothered wasting money on expensive toners. Ever since starting to use this, my skin is CLEAR. The only breakouts I get are now from TOTM, and this stuff helps clear it up quicker.

Popular Face Skincare Products