Dickinson's Witch Hazel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

This is an okay product, but I feel that it would be a little drying to my combination skin. Also, it is not the best smelling product in the world. The bottle was HUGE and only wished that it came in a smaller package so I could have just tried it.

on 12/23/2009 9:44:00 PM

LOVE THIS! my sis and I have been using this for years. Gets off all of the makeup and oil left behind after washing my face. Feels cool and refreshing but doesnt sting (my issue with other toners). I do need to moisturize after using it.
This product has helped my face stay clear and I love how cheap it is to get a huge bottle (generic brands have worked just as good for me)

on 12/14/2009 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This toner is awesome! Cheap, effective, and huge! At first the smell really puts me off, but after a couple application, I'm used to it. With the help of cotton ball, it wipes off cleanser residue, dirt, and impurities all at once. Even though it contains alcohol, it doesn't dry out my skin. Now my skin is healthy and radiant thanks to the toner.

on 12/14/2009 6:15:00 PM

Very gentle toner/astringent for sensitive acne-prone skin. I always go back to this. I have tried Proactive toner, Clinique, Clean and Clear for Sensitive skin ( which irritated my skin and caused hives).
This doesn't sting.

on 12/13/2009 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using witch hazel since Jr. highschool when I began to have pimple break outs. It alwayz did a great job for oil control. I think it is the best astringent toner around. Great for cuts, burns, bee stings as well. I like to put mines in a lil mist bottle. I spray it on my face or on a cotton pad to make sure I have removed all dirt and make up after washing my face and to close my pores . Its all natural and low in cost ... Great stuff !!!

on 12/9/2009 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I just started using this last night to heal up some breakout dryness and underlying pimples. My face is already smoother today. I love this stuff and only see things getting better as I use it more.

I soaked a cotton ball and rubbed it on my freshly washed face. It removed excess dirt. My face tingled a tiny bit and felt very cool after a minute. Once it dried, the smell and tingles were gone.

I have to say that the smell is absolutely disgusting. My husband hates it. So, I try to use it while he's at the other end of the house busy with something. Fotunately, after five minutes, the smell is gone.

I had a hard time finding this at my Target and almost left without it. I found it at the bottom shelf in the pharmacy department. So, don't give up if you don't find it in the face care section.

Just as a caution, my dog went a little crazy when I first put this stuff on. She wanted to get near my face. She has never acted like this before. So, keep this far away from your pets.

UPDATE (8/5/10): My husband and I went hiking in a very grassy park recently and got bitten by a bunch of chiggers. We had nasty looking welts all over our legs. After researching the bus, I found that the welts would last for a minimum of two weeks. If you'd seen my legs you would have known that was horrible news to me. My legs looked like they were covered in nasty rashes. I decided to try witch hazel on them and they disappeared completely within two days. My husband refused to use witchhazel at first because of the smell. When he saw my success, he tried it and received the same results. Great stuff!

BEST toner hands down! DON'T waste your money any longer! I have combo/oily skin and this tones it perfectly. It's not too drying either, although I do recommend using a moisturizer after using it AND anytime after washing the face. We all need moisture, even us oilies. WILL definatley buy again. It's very inexpensive and you get a lot of product too. Thank goodness for drugstore finds like this!

on 12/8/2009 10:17:00 AM

I think I may have used this as a teenager. I decided to give it a try again after being reminded of it from reading reviews on here. I really thought it was going to be harsh, but for the cheap price, I thought "why not?"

I am amazed at the mildness of it. I don't get any stinging from it, and it isn't drying at all. I don't think the smell is horrible, and it disappears quickly. I don't use it daily, but I have never been one to use toner daily. I have used it to clean my face before reapplying makeup if I want to put fresh makeup on to go out for the evening, and it works great for that.

I have sensitive skin that gets dry, flaky and irritated once it gets cold out. This product does not irritate my skin at all.

The bottle is bulky, but I don't expect or need fancy packaging when I am getting this large quantity of product for such a cheap price.

on 12/8/2009 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Before buying this product, I read first about the benefits of witch hazel and constricting pores is one of it. It contains 86% witch hazel and 14% botanical alcohol which makes it 100% natural. I use Dickinson's every morning and evening after using my kojic acid soap. Since kojic makes my face dry, I always make sure to follow up my face with Dickinson's. It definitely locks moisture!!

My skin is now even with smaller pores. I can attest it because I'm prone to blackheads especially in nose area and now, blackheads are almost gone!! Bubble up!

Was walking through walgreens, when this baby caught my eye. I had previously read about this toner, but wasn't able to purchase it. Started using it a few days ago in the mornings and after my showers. The bottle is HUGE, and cheap for that much.

I've noticed my face looks healthier and not as irritated/shiny like a bowling ball from harsh chemicals from my kiehls blue astringent. Also seems like some acne scars have been lightening up as well, and hopefully I'll have a clear face again, even though I've been breaking out since the 5th grade..

Only complaints I have about this are the HORRIBLE smell (made me want to throw up the first time I smelled it) and the bulky bottle (it's a bit awkward squirting it out on to the cotton pad) as other MUA reviews have said. But hey, as long as it helps me get a clear, healthy face .. those are definitely not deal breakers (:

Popular Face Skincare Products