December 20, 2014 | 1605 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by pandora0646

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Holy Grail.

First of all, I have very oily, sensitive, and acne-prone skin and - to make matters worse - I live in the extremely humid city of Houston. I have tried every foundation available that boasts long-wearing and oil absorbing properties - from Revlon Colorstay to MAC to Estee Lauder's Double Wear - and nothing has ever stayed on my skin without turning into an oily mess by the end of the day.

That being said, this foundation is an absolute godsend. I am between an NC 20-25 (I have yellow neutral/yellow undertones) and wear this foundation in the color Nude. Although I typically wear Medium Beige in the original Combo/Oily Colorstay foundation, the whipped formulation is slightly darker than the original liquid. This foundation makes my skin absolutely flawless and semi-matte all day.

For those with skin like mine, here is the routine I use to achieve flawless, oil-free skin all day: first, prep your skin with witch hazel. Then, prime your skin with Milk of Magnesia. After this, apply the Revlon Whipped Creme Foundation with fingers and gently pat out any streaks with a moist Beauty Blender - apply two layers for full coverage and conceal as needed. Lastly, blot any excess foundation with a tissue and press Maybelline Dream Matte Powder - I use the color Beige - into skin with a puff and finish you makeup routine.

For anyone struggling to find peace with their extremely oily skin, I hope this information helps!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by NenitaLoka13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

PLEASE READ IF YOU TEND TO BREAKOUT A LOT!
When I first bought this product I thought it worked perfectly, good coverage, it had a little orangish tint in natural light but it wasn't as bad as other foundations. After about a month of using this stuff my face starting getting worse and worse! Like the type of breakouts you see on Proactiv commercials! My face is now recovering from the horrible breakout this foundation caused. If you aren't the type of person that breaks out easily then this product will probaly work good for you, but if you are like me with oily skin that tends to breakout a lot do not buy this product! It's not worth ruining your skin!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by rachelheim05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this product! It really has staying power. To use, I first apply a good primer (Laura Mercier has been great), concealer if needed, and then dip a finger in the product and dot it lightly over my face, maybe 10-15 times. I then use a flat-top kabuki brush (I think mine is Sonia Kashuk) in circular motions to buff it over my face. This gives me a great airbrushed look! I've grown to prefer it over any of my other foundations (MAC, MUFE Mat + Velvet, etc). Give it a go!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by samlharris11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The product has awesome coverage with just one layer, but it's really expensive for the small amount you get. The pot may look big and be heavy, but there's not too much in there. I'd also love a pump, but with a mousse product what can you expect? I would definately recommend this to everyone. It leaves my skin flawless and makes it feel so smooth and soft to the touch. It also has wonderful staying power, I went on a run with it, and I still looked good! :)
Xoxo, S.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by NoirAngelx

This is quite possibly one of my favorite foundations of all time. I've hesitated writing this review for so long because I love this product so much, and it seems like after I write a review I tend to feel differently about the product! For reference I have oily skin, which is combo/dehydrated in the winter, and clog-prone. I am also of mixed Asian/Irish ethnicity which makes it a complete nightmare to find the right match -- I have very fair skin but with a greenish, olive undertone, and not so much yellow or pink. Miraculously, I have found the closest match ever in the shade '150 Buff' out of hundreds of foundation shades I've tried. It is around an NC15 in MAC, but with neutral beige undertones. Those who have more yellow undertones may find that this turns grayish on them, but it manages to blend into my skin perfectly.

Onto the performance and texture of this, it has a thick gel-like cream texture, with a unique whipped consistency. Quite unlike any other cream foundations I've tried in the past. It easily provides medium-full coverage, though if you layer it too much it can turn cakey. It has a satin finish which feels a bit tacky to the touch initially, but once set with powder it becomes a satin-matte which doesn't budge the ENTIRE day. It is the only foundation that has never creased around my nose throughout the day, due to my very oily T-zone. When I blot with a tissue, hardly any residue is transferred onto it. While the coverage does begin to fade around the 6-hour mark, it doesn't look patchy, oily, or settle into my pores. I blot once, lightly apply some powder foundation, and I'm good to go for the rest of the day/night. I have also worn this foundation in sweltering 100 degree heat when I purchased it last summer, and it also held up beautifully. I may even consider wearing this on my wedding day, if it ever happens! ;) Highly highly recommend.

Update 8/17/13: Okay I'm STILL loving this. In fact it's kind of annoying that I can't find any other foundation to work for me! In the meantime I've tried EL Double Wear (the reformulated version, terrible!), MAC Studio Fix Fluid (too yellow and poor lasting power), Cle de Peau Cream (nearly 12x the price of this, orange, and not even as good lasting power), list goes on. There is something magical about this one!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by pippy140093

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am an NC15 in MAC and I wear the shade Buff. I apply this foundation with a buffing style brush. When I first applied this I noticed that it left a grey cast on my skin. As the day went on, I noticed my skin looked flawless. Absolutely gorgeous. This did make my oily skin very oily and I require touch ups every 30 minutes to an hour. I think this foundation works well for everyone though. Not a fan of the packaging. The foundation builds really nicely and does cling to dry patches. I prefer this 1,000,000x to the original Colorstay foundation with I hate because it feels very heavy and smells like paint. It also broke me out. This one did not and it also contains Salicylic Acid which I am a fan of. Overall I am very impressed. It also has no SPF so it photographs flawlessly.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely loved this foundation! I bought it on a whim after hearing rave reviews and was utterly surprised at just how good this was. I was able to match myself surprisingly well given the packaging. The packaging really makes it hard to see what the colour is truly like so I strongly recommended looking at online swatches or recommendations from others with a similar skin tone.
What I love about this is how natural it looks. It has a solid medium coverage. Goes on easily ( you don't need much at all), lasts all day without transferring onto clothing. I always get compliments when I wear this. It truly does look very natural yet give very good coverage and will truly last all day long without melting, caking, getting shiny etc.

My biggest pet peeve was the cost of this. It's over 20 dollars in Canada which is high for drugstore brand. The good news is that there are often sales so you can pick it up at a decent price if you're willing to wait. Overall this is a very good foundation and I would highly recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by rasinahfirdaus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product. I bought this out of excitement and curiosity because the idea of a 'whipped' foundation is pretty interesting. I liked it. I like the texture of the foundation but beware ladies, do take an easy hand on this one and take a little of the foundation because a little goes a long way. This product brightens up your skin when you apply it giving you a radiant tone. But it can also become cakey if applied too much. This product gives me full coverage so I use it for important functions etc. I find this product is a little too heavy for everyday use so I tend to stick to Bourjois' Healthy Mix. I hate the packaging of the product though. The glass jar is way too heavy and not travel-friendly. The actual product itself is quite little compared to what you see from the outside but that isn't an issue for me cuz I use a very tiny amount on my face at a time. I also find it unhygienic to dip my fingers constantly into the jar. But overall I still think it's a great product and worth a try!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this product because I was determined to replace my pricey Laura Mercier Cream Smooth Foundation with a comparable less expensive product. In many ways, this did not disappoint... In many ways, it did...

My ultra dry skin needs a heavier foundation during colder days and the consistency of this product was much like LM's – I actually prefer the feel of this more than the Mercier, its much more silky and is actually a little easier to use. Much like the Mercier, this one takes a bit of experimentation to get just right; it needs a good primer, it needs to be warmed up before applying, and is best applied with hands due to its thickness (no brush, sponge, etc). It definitely left a flawless finish in which surprised me. But I am not down with a foundation I have to constantly stick my fingers into, nor one that takes a ton of preparation. And trust me if you have dry skin, you have to majorly prep your skin to get the great finish I mentioned. I am talking beyond primer - you need to exfoliate, prime and moisturize then take your sweet time applying the foundation. If you take any shortcuts, all flaws and imperfections get emphasized. The coverage is amazing and though quite thick, came off natural. Something the Revlon has over the Mercier is it leaves a lovely dewy finish which I always have a difficult time finding. Where the Revlon fails in comparison is this leans a smidgen pink on me AND also gives me a more pale cast than I prefer. This brings us to another problem in that I (as most women) don't have an abundance of cash burning a hole in my pocket to purchase a buncha these at aprx $14 bucks a pop to find my perfect shade (and which would total in the amount to have just bought a jar of LM LOL)... Last but not least the packaging on this bites. Its really bulky and super heavy - it comes in a glass jar with a plastic black top (truth be told it looks a lot like Chanel's signature packaging and logo/labeling). I actually dropped it on the floor and the glass cracked as did the top and I had to put it in another jar.

I personally will not re-purchase. While its probably one of the best drugstore foundations out there, the cons (color match, packaging, having to prep skin constantly to make it work, etc) are too numerous, making it more trouble than it is worth. If you don't have dry skin issues, I recommend it though.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by teesa2you

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had to give up my lovely Bare Minerals about a year ago as my over 40 skin has changed. I now have more dryness and fine lines are starting to appear and mineral makeup just settled in and made it worse. I have tried a few liquid foundations. Some were to greasy, others did not have lasting power. I liked Revlon Colorstay liquid, but it was to heavy for everyday use and was hard to remove. This whipped creme version was the answer! I use it with a beauty blender type of sponge and it gives great coverage that lasts 10 hrs. Its easy to remove with cleanser and does not clog my pores. I love the texture and it is buildable. The only thing I don't like is container. I wish it had a pump. I already dropped one and it shattered everywhere. What a waste.