November 24, 2014 | 1115 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by rasinahfirdaus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product. I bought this out of excitement and curiosity because the idea of a 'whipped' foundation is pretty interesting. I liked it. I like the texture of the foundation but beware ladies, do take an easy hand on this one and take a little of the foundation because a little goes a long way. This product brightens up your skin when you apply it giving you a radiant tone. But it can also become cakey if applied too much. This product gives me full coverage so I use it for important functions etc. I find this product is a little too heavy for everyday use so I tend to stick to Bourjois' Healthy Mix. I hate the packaging of the product though. The glass jar is way too heavy and not travel-friendly. The actual product itself is quite little compared to what you see from the outside but that isn't an issue for me cuz I use a very tiny amount on my face at a time. I also find it unhygienic to dip my fingers constantly into the jar. But overall I still think it's a great product and worth a try!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this product because I was determined to replace my pricey Laura Mercier Cream Smooth Foundation with a comparable less expensive product. In many ways, this did not disappoint... In many ways, it did...

My ultra dry skin needs a heavier foundation during colder days and the consistency of this product was much like LM's – I actually prefer the feel of this more than the Mercier, its much more silky and is actually a little easier to use. Much like the Mercier, this one takes a bit of experimentation to get just right; it needs a good primer, it needs to be warmed up before applying, and is best applied with hands due to its thickness (no brush, sponge, etc). It definitely left a flawless finish in which surprised me. But I am not down with a foundation I have to constantly stick my fingers into, nor one that takes a ton of preparation. And trust me if you have dry skin, you have to majorly prep your skin to get the great finish I mentioned. I am talking beyond primer - you need to exfoliate, prime and moisturize then take your sweet time applying the foundation. If you take any shortcuts, all flaws and imperfections get emphasized. The coverage is amazing and though quite thick, came off natural. Something the Revlon has over the Mercier is it leaves a lovely dewy finish which I always have a difficult time finding. Where the Revlon fails in comparison is this leans a smidgen pink on me AND also gives me a more pale cast than I prefer. This brings us to another problem in that I (as most women) don't have an abundance of cash burning a hole in my pocket to purchase a buncha these at aprx $14 bucks a pop to find my perfect shade (and which would total in the amount to have just bought a jar of LM LOL)... Last but not least the packaging on this bites. Its really bulky and super heavy - it comes in a glass jar with a plastic black top (truth be told it looks a lot like Chanel's signature packaging and logo/labeling). I actually dropped it on the floor and the glass cracked as did the top and I had to put it in another jar.

I personally will not re-purchase. While its probably one of the best drugstore foundations out there, the cons (color match, packaging, having to prep skin constantly to make it work, etc) are too numerous, making it more trouble than it is worth. If you don't have dry skin issues, I recommend it though.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by teesa2you

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had to give up my lovely Bare Minerals about a year ago as my over 40 skin has changed. I now have more dryness and fine lines are starting to appear and mineral makeup just settled in and made it worse. I have tried a few liquid foundations. Some were to greasy, others did not have lasting power. I liked Revlon Colorstay liquid, but it was to heavy for everyday use and was hard to remove. This whipped creme version was the answer! I use it with a beauty blender type of sponge and it gives great coverage that lasts 10 hrs. Its easy to remove with cleanser and does not clog my pores. I love the texture and it is buildable. The only thing I don't like is container. I wish it had a pump. I already dropped one and it shattered everywhere. What a waste.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by xsimplify

Having oily and blemished skin, i'm always on a hunt for the best foundation that can last me throughout a day without smearing away. Too bad this isn't the one. When i first apply it with a damp sponge, the finish is amazing. Smooth and "porcelain" like. However, as the day progresses, my face starts to get oily, and when i tried to blot my face with a tissue, this thing transferred! Oh, and am i the only one who thinks that this product stinks? Every time i smell it, all i can smell is burnt plastic. Even when i apply it on my face. The smell doesn't last that long though. And yes, i have to agree with other reviewers that this product clings onto dry patched on my face too. Having so many youtubers raved about this product, i'm kinda bumped that this doesn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product after a lot of problems with foundation. I have combo(oily for the most part) acne prone, sensitive skin and had so much trouble with breaking out and clogging. This product has done none of the above and provides such a nice finish to my skin. The match is a little off but with good blending you can hardly tell. It leaves a flawless look to my skin and covers up most imperfections without feeling like I have a ton of makeup on my face. It also seems to absorb the oil which is something I've always desired in my foundations. I think the packaging is chic, but very bulky. It seems very expensive though in a thick glass jar.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by mistressaryann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Disregard that awful 2-worded review I had. First my skin type is Combination to Dry skin, and somewhat acne-prone but it did not break me out. Let's talk about this great foundation in an organized way lol. LASTING POWER: Some days I use this in school and I'm in school for 8 hours, and there is no air conditioning of course and it can get pretty hot and humid but this foundation manages to last almost 8 full hours. Maybe it won't look *exactly the way I applied it in the morning but it does not leave creases, weird patches, fine lines, etc. CONSISTENCY: this foundation has an odd consistency which isn't really a bad thing. It's like a velvety smooth feeling, it somewhat like that Jett puff marshmallow stuff you get at Walmart, if that makes sense? BLEND-ABILITY: It is rather easy to blend and build this foundation, the way I put it on is with my fingers (of course after washing my hands) COVERAGE: straight out, medium to full. FINISH: dewy to matte. I definitely would recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by candaceb3

This foundation is way overrated to me. Honestly, this foundation is one of the worst i've used. I like the original liquid colorstay much better. The whipped formula sticks weirdly to my drier patches on my face, it comes off so easily, so don't accidentally rest your hand on your face, because you will see your skin through the foundation. Also, this has very poor coverage-it IS build-able, but who wants to take the extra time to layer on more product? I don't. My recommendation for people with combo skin- buy the original formula. It might work better for people with normal skin with no dry patches and no oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by lipsofanangel56

This is my HG foundation. I have previously tried the orignal colorstay foudnaiton, but that always gave me a slight gray tint, and I'm not a hude fan of that. I also didn't like how heavy it felt on my skin. It didn't really make me break out, but after using it for so long it didn't allow my pores to breathe and so I could tell my skin wasn't 100%. This whipped formula however, does wonders for my skin. My skin is extremely dry when I first put makeup on in the morning, but then it sort of flips a switch on me and it turns oily. When I first apply this, it doesn't cling to any of my dry patches, and then it keeps my oil under control all day! My average day with makeup on starts around 6:15, and then ends around 2:30. But I was in the school show and our rehearsal would go to 7:30 so that's a 13+ hour day for me, and this foundation still looked great! Ina ddition to the school show, I had another rehearsal with another orchestra, which went until 9:30 so that's a 16+ hour day when you account for the travel time and such. Their 24 hour claim I would say is pretty accurate, though I wouldn't say it looks perfect for 24 hours, but it definitely does last that long. It's true what people say, it really does look better the longer you wear it. But even this claim does have its limits. This foundation looks its best on me at about the 9th hour, after that it starts to show some oil and I have to powder my face. They also have a great color selection! I am able to have summer and winter shade, and also an in between shade! Some may say that it's just easier to mix the two colors for that in between time, but I like the fact that Revlon has provided enough colors that you can have a variety. I an Asian, so the undertones really work with my skintone. Overall, this is truly my HG and it will be a battle to find a foundation that I will ever love more than I love this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is so creamy!! All last summer this is all that was used on my face! The only problem is when I don't tan the light shade is too dark for me sadly! I'm so happy I ln getting some color back so I can use it! It covers very well I get tons of freckles being outside in the sun and I have bad under eye circles but this baby does the trick!! No doubt! Try this out!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by kmciolli

I have rosacea and some acne. My skin is always blotchy red and has dry patches. I try to look for foundations with full coverage that won't emphasize my dry skin.

This product is wonderful as far as coverage. I bought shade 250, medium beige. It goes on smoothly and covers eeeevery flaw. Make sure to blend it in or it can look a little cakey around your nose and eyebrow area. A little of this product also goes a long way.

One downside is that sadly, like many "whipped" foundations, they can emphasize dry spots. So I try to only use this foundation when my skin is not particularly dry or just after moisturizing.