October 25, 2014 | 1425 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by marcyosteen

I've tried many foundations and whip CS is by far the best I have tried. I have acne scars (pits not red marks) and this foundation is the only one that I have found that doesn't seap into the pits or make them more noticable. I use a Beauty Blender to apply this foundation and the finish is flawless. I do use a primer underneath (typically Rimmell Fix and Perfect 002 - it smooths my acne scars best of any primer). The whip CS foundation is buildable and looks best if you apply several thin layers on top of each other to build to full coverage. Although I'm older, I do set the foundation with powder (typically an HD powder which blurs the scarring too) and it lasts forever! My foundation doesn't transfer, wear off, or fade throughout an entire workday and evening. I agree with another reviewer that said the foundation tends to look better throughout the day. For some reason, the longer I wear it, the better it looks. Unless I absolutely have no other choice, I will never wear another foundation. It's amazing! Even when compared to much higher priced foundations or even getting my makeup professionally done, I have never experienced the flawless coverage that this foundation provides. I don't know if the awesome coverage is created by the texture, thickness, color, but whatever causes it is an absolute miracle! I definately recommend using the original Beauty Blender to apply the foundation. The coverage didn't seem as flawless the times I've used a brush, my fingers, or a different type of sponge. Also, other people have complained about the packaging, but I really like the jar. I'm able to tap my finger to get the exact amount I need and I can get every bit out of the jar unlike bottles or tubes that always have a little bit of product that can't be reached before it's trashed. Go buy this foundation! You won't regret it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

After much debating on which foundation to try, I decided on Revlon Whipped Colorstay. I love the flawless, smooth, natural looking medium to buildable coverage. It lasts a while, but not long enough, even with a primer. Some days the staying power is better than others. The packaging is annoying and unhygienic. Once I had it open on my counter and accidentally got it on my shirt while bending over it, and it was difficult to remove the product from the fabric. The price is a bit high as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

no matter how i apply this, it makes my dry skin look a little dryer. also it bunches up when applied to eyelids -- in patches. pass.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by ilovelipbutters

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just tried this foundation for the first time yesterday, so I am writing this as more of a first impression than a review. From the reviews I saw, I was almost positive I would love this foundation. I've heard most people say it works best when applied with your fingers because it takes a little extra work to blend, But I applied it with a flat top kabuki because that's what I normally do & I really loved the finish! The coverage is medium but buildable to full, which is what I look for in a foundation. I like very full coverage. It's not exactly matte but definitely not dewy.. Somewhere in between but more on the Matte side. It did take an extra couple seconds to fully blend it but not very long at all & the final result was well worth the extra blending. I haven't seen my face look that good in such a long time. I thought it looked so nice that I actually left the house with no other makeup on my face or eyes, besides some concealer under my eyes & on a blemish. I was crying a lot yesterday though & I'm not sure how it held up or how long it lasted through that because the last thing on my mind was looking in the mirror to check my face. But I am going to apply this a lot or different ways & see which way works best. After a couple weeks of using this product I will come back with a full review, but as far as first impressions go, I thought it did an amazing job.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaSueBrown

PROS:
-Even skin tone.
-Feels soft

CONS:
-Expensive
-Finding your shade is a nightmare.
-Feels very thick and heavy.
-MAKES MY PORES LOOK LIKE WHITEHEADS.
-Doesn't last five hours, much less 24.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried it in 320 warm golden(I am a mac nc40). I personally like it but wish it would last longer on my oily face.I like to set it with Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark. I feel it applies best when you use a primer and with your fingers.The longer I wear it the nicer it looks. I think everybody that loves makeup should give it. I don't like the packaging though.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by katejo72

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation is a nice medium-to-full coverage foundation. I'm not sure if I like the packaging or if I don't. It comes in a glass container, which is a little heavy; but I like that Revlon wanted to try something new that isn't the same old boring packaging. It is on the more expensive end of drug store makeup, but it isn't as expensive as a higher end foundation. Overall I'd give this foundation a 7 out of 10.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Karidinka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I kick myself in the butt for waiting so long to try this out. This is like the traditional Colorstay foundation, but without the chalky look. Coverage is medium, and probably buildable (can't say 100%, as I don't need full coverage). Finish is surprisingly natural, and lasts about 8-10 hours with minor touch-ups (blotting and powder). Looks great applied with fingers, as with a brush/sponge, or whatever else you choose to apply. Buff is the perfect color for my complexion, it starts out a bit too yellow, but blends completely into my skin after about an hour or so. I love the jar. Price is nice too. Definitely my HG foundation!

For reference, I do not use a primer, and use powder (Make Up For Ever HD) only when I start to get a bit only in my T-zone during the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by rainydaygrl

I normally use Estee Lauder DBL Wear but purchased the whip CS for" around the house wear" hoping to make the pricey DL last longer. I found my CS at a discount store, paid about 4.00, figured it was worth a try at that price. I was shocked at how much I really liked the CS. After using my EL primer I apply CS w/ fingers, stippling over w/ brush then smoothing around hairline, jaw and under eyes with sponge. The finish is nice, smooth, not dry or oily, lasting throughout my 24 hr shift with minimal touch up. Like most foundation junkies I have tried many in all price ranges, the CS has no real down side for me. The jar bothers some but I don't mind, having used Lancome Absolute creme in the past I was used to a creme coming packaged this way. I like the CS much better than Absolute and almost as much as EL Double Wear. At my age you have to be very careful with makeup it can take years off your appearance or make you look dry, wrinkly and older, this foundation has worked well for me. I would advise against it though if you have flaky skin or very dry skin. For dry skin a good moisturizer and primer with minimal powder would be advisable. Good luck ladies nothing will work for everyone but this is worth a try.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by shle33

This is a holy grail foundation for me. I love the finish it leaves and how it lasts throughout the day. Not only does my foundation look good but all the products that sit on top of this foundation looks great and lasts most of the day. I'm a foundation junkie but this is one of my favorites. If I know I'm going to be gone for most of the day and need a good lasting foundation, this is my go-to. In my opinion, this is much better than the original colorstay. Love it!