Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 5/10/2013 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

After going through all 815 comments, and looking at various reviews online, I have come up with a color matching chart to help you guys out!

Shade - Undertone - Mac Color

Natural Tan - Yellow - NC 35-37

Early Tan - Yellow - NC 37-40

Rich Ginger - Pink - NW 40-43

Caramel - Yellow - NC 40-43

Note - If you are between NC 25-30, you will have a hard time matching. Try Sand Beige in the winter, and Warm Golden in the summer. There's no yellow shades between them though!

(*Toast and Natural Ochre are shades available only online through Target or Amazon. I found little information about them. However, Toast seems to be about a NC 44-45, while Natural Ochre is maybe a NC 25.)

Hope this helps! Thumbs up this so others can find it more easily if you think it's helpful, please! :)

on 5/10/2013 6:18:00 AM

I LOVE this product always get compliments when I wear this. It gets better throughout the day I love how it looks its amazing

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I really wanted to love this product, it went on well and felt nice on my skin. It stayed pretty well for having oily skin but unfortunately it broke me out. I have tried other foundation from different brands and this is the first one that has caused acne. :(

on 5/9/2013 7:05:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I've been wearing this foundation for about five months now. I really like it and I'd definitely repurchase.
It is thick and dense but also still light. This means it actually can't spill or leak or anything which is so convenient.
When it's going on, it's smooth and kind of like a really thick creamy texture. The smell is okay, I don't really notice it. If I use a primer, it still looks like I just put it on about 7 hours later, if not it still stays on very well.
The jar packaging is really attractive and stylish and you can't really knock it over or accidentally pump out a ton of product. However it's impractical and unhygienic.
I bought Ivory but it was too light on me so I also got Buff which is a bit too dark on me. I usually mix the two together which creates a good shade for my neutral skin. I'd loooove something in between Buff and Ivory...
I can tell when I am wearing this and my face does feel a bit weighed down if I want a fair bit of coverage that day.

First off, the creme comes in a large, weighty glass container carrying 0.8 fluid ounces with an open pot design. It's not the greatest in terms of hygiene since it requires re-dipping fingers/brushes so it's very important to wash your brushes each time before application each time. Overall, I still think it looks quite classy for being around $12 at Target.

The texture in the pot itself is an almost springy/fluffy cream which looks liquid but feels more like a mousse-hybrid product. If I turn the pot upside down it doesn't come dripping out so there's a definite density to it. One great thing about it is it's quite foundation-newbie friendly since you literally take a bit on your fingertips and blend it into the skin where you need it and it doesn't require expert blending skills to look nice. So for those who don't have a foundation brush, or prefer not to use one- you fingers will be just fine!

I would consider this creme very good high coverage- but the thickness of the foundation makes it prone to looking cakey when too much is applied. I recommend starting with less than you think you need and building up only in areas that need more coverage. I have uneven skin tone and a few large pores and I can get away with skipping concealer and powder with this foundation so it's wonderful for lazy days or for students, and is actually really awesome for those with oily skin even though it's a "cream" foundation formula. I also find that it looks way better after an hour post-application since it settles into the skin and looks very natural. This natural look lasts throughout the day without looking patchy or breaking down.

One very notable downside to this product is that it doesn't look great in film or photography and gives an obvious white cast. I wore this foundation to a family reunion, where there were MANY pictures being taken, and you can see this cast in pictures close up. It actually looks much nicer in real life though, especially after the "settling" period I mentioned earlier!

Overall, I think this is a nice, affordable option for those who love the texture of cream concealers but want the all-over coverage of a foundation. Most of you new to foundation should be pretty happy trying this out for the first time, but foundation experts who are on camera often may want a higher-end pick for important face time.

on 5/5/2013 10:38:00 PM

I never would have expected when I bought this that it would become my absolute #1 favourite, special occasion, have-to-look-my-very-best foundation. I've had this for a long time, and I have come to adore it.

I think I'm so taken by this foundation because of how incredibly smoothly and flawlessly it blends over the skin- it kind of has that smooth silky texture of a primer. I generally use this without a primer first because of that.

I know some people have issues with colour matching, but I haven't had any problems. Sand Beige works well on my skin (for reference, I'm around an NC20, "Sand" in Estee Lauder Double Wear). I haven't noticed any oxidization either, and I'm oily skinned.

It stays true to what you expect from the 'Colorstay' line, in that it is wonderfully longwearing. I think where it parts from the original colorstay is that it blends so much more easily. I think Combo, oily, and dry skins could all use this foundation without issue. Photographs beautifully, too!

Not wild about the packaging. It's a fancy looking and weighty glass jar- very chic, but impractical to easily and hygenically get at the product. I would also say that if you hear the word 'whipped' and are expecting a light, whipped cream type product, you're mistaken- to me, it's more like chocolate pudding.

on 5/4/2013 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

To start off, color matching was tough for this product. The closest shade I found for my skin tone was Natural Tan (370). I've used the shade Early Tan (400) but I realized that it's a bit dark on me and it has more of a neutral undertone. My shade is around NC40 in MAC, and W6 in Loreal True Match. I used to think that I match well with Revlon Colorstay liquid in Golden Caramel, but it's actually a bit dark on me.

I noticed that if I put sunscreen (Eucerin Daily Protection Moisturizing Face Lotion, SPF 30) before I put on the Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation, the finish looks unnatural and I get oilier faster. This foundation looks great and lasts longer if I don't use my sunscreen. I still use a primer before applying this foundation because I have huge pores. I don't trust foundations to hide my pores, so I always use a primer. The finish starts out semi-matte, but as the day goes on, it blends onto your skin so it looks more natural.

Compared to the liquid Colorstay, the Colorstay whipped does not feel as heavy on the skin. The coverage for the whipped foundation is medium. I still need concealer for acne marks. If you need more coverage, you have to use a concealer. I can't compare this to the liquid colorstay because I've heard that the formulation for the liquid colorstay changed for the worse.

I'd say this is one of the best drugstore foundations out there. I recommend this foundation because I like the semi-matte / natural finish and it lasts all day, but look for swatches before you buy it because the color you'll see outside the glass jar is lighter than what it really is inside. And make sure to buy it at a store that accepts open returns or exchanges.

on 5/4/2013 11:28:00 AM

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. The only thing i dont really like is the packaging, which made it hard to see the color. I bought a shade too light and a shade a bit dark. so i end up mixing it. lol theres some days where i add too much of the light or too much of the dark. so im waiting to run out before i buy a new one. This product didnt break me out, looks great with or without a primer. I love this more than my highend foundations

on 5/3/2013 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation is great, easy to blend, natural feeling, love it!!!

I hated this when first got it. I tried it out several times with my fingers, the Sigma F80, and the Mac 187. It looked flat-out awful every way I tried it. I put it in my MU junk drawer and forgot about it. Then I read several reviews here at MUA that said this worked better with a sponge than anything else. So I got it out, dampened a sponge and applied it. wow! I love it now! It looks so natural, full coverage with two layers, not cake-y, just perfect for me. I am MUFE HD #118 and I bought Revlon Whipped in #200 Sand Beige and it blends to match me perfectly.I definitely recommend this to anyone with oily/combination skin. Just get a good color match and try this with a sponge...ANY sponge. I use those generic makeup sponge wedges & they work great with this for me. :)