October 25, 2014 | 1502 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by missmegan07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me just say that I absolutely love these! I'm 15, so lipstick isn't really what I like to wear on a daily basis, because it is so drying. However, this is more like a balm than a thick lipstick. It moisturizes my lips wonderfully and has the pigment of a normal lipstick.
After seeing tons of reviews and raves on youtube.com, I decided to try one out for myself. I picked up Berry Smoothie, because it seemed to be a very popular color and it was gorgeous. I instanstly fell in love and decided that I NEEDED to pick up more! My mom thinks I'm crazy, because I already have so many lip products, but these are my favorite things ever! I now have Berry Smoothie, Cotton Candy, and Sweet Tart, but I'm going to get more soon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by 4eyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Given all the great reviews, and my love of lip balms w/ color, I had to try these. I bought 2: Tutti Frutti and Peach parfait. For reference I am pale, yellowish blonde, and peachy/corals and only SOME blue-y colors look good on me. Anything too cool or with grey/blue/white shimmer makes me look dead.

Pkging: Black twist up base, silver tube and very pretty, translucent tinted, diamond-quilted cap in colors to match the lip butter. Cap stays on fine.

Moisturization: Excellent, lasts a long time, WAY better than Maybelline Baby Lips, not quite as good as Neutrogena Revitalizing Lip Balm, but close, and the color selecton is much better than both.

Tutti-frutti color: Looks like an outrageously bright orange coral in the tube, but not as bright or intense on. Creamy, no sparkle that I could see, and gives a very nice medium orangey coral color that can be hard to find in what seems like a sea of bluey-pinks out there. The pigment level of a sheer lipstick. Definitely a very warm tone, not cool tone at all. Something I will wear many times.

Peach Parfait: Nice peachy pink base with small but MANY gold shimmery flecks. The base has less pigment level, and perhaps just matches my natural lip color more, than the Tutti-frutti, so if you get any outside the lip line it's not as noticeable. It looks more "pink" than "peach." When the base wore off, I still had very noticeable sparkles stuck on my lips. The word "glitter" rather than "frost" comes to mind. If you don't like glitter you won't like this. I wore a few times and it seemed to make my face look a bit Blah. I inspected the sparkles more closely, and sure enough, there were white sparkles in there w/ the gold. Ack! I went back and applied a thousand year old Elizabeth Arden Luxury Lipstick Neoclassic Peach for comparison. NeoClassic Peach is true peach, w/ LOTS of GOLD only frost, and there was just no comparison!!! God I love that stuff! So, sadly, the Peach Parfait is more of a Pink Silver, and I HATE silver. Won't be buying this color again.

Scent: Both had a faint, sweet, marshmallowy smell. Didn't bother me.
Overall: I'd buy the Tutti-frutti again, but would look for another color similar to the Peach Parfait w/o all the glitter.

Update: recently bought the Pink truffle and the Candy Apple Red. The Pink Truffle is a muted pink/brown creme w/ a hint of purple. Very MLBB, no glitter. NIce color, not flashy, can be a bit dull if you're looking for some oomph but very wearable and natural looking. The Candy Apple Red is exactly what the name says - candy apple red, but sheer, so it's not as vivid as a full coverage lipstick might be. Brightens up the face and looks great - it does have a very faint, almost undetectible shimmer, but it's very hard to tell - it looks like a creme w/ a bit of dimension on the lips. The thing I love about these butters is that they are very moisturizing and they never dry out my lips. I see they've come out with some new coral-y colors too, like Papaya, which looks like a more mellow version of the Tutti Frutti. I might try that next, but I'd love to see a nice Autumn color like a rust.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by PrincessGizmo

I have two of these colors and I love everything about them, I even got some for my picky grandmother and she absolutely loves the feel and wants to change to this lipstick now. The best part I think is being able to build up the color, I can have it sheerish or more towards the opaque and that is awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 8:51:00 AM More reviews by makeuplove55

I love these! The colours are beautiful, the formula is moisturizing. They don't last very long (a couple hours) I don't mind since I always reapply my lip balm during the day anyway. Do not hesitate, just try one; you can't go wrong at this price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 6:57:00 AM More reviews by wai260896

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

These are good, they are fairly pigmented and hydrated. Only thing I dislike about it is that the moisture goes away after an hour or so, then I have to reapply because my lips feel dry. And something I don't want my lips too be that pigmented, but once i reapply it is very pigmented.

I have it in Macaroon, Berry Smoothie and Strawberry Shortcake. I will buy more, but in shades that are lighter.

Oh, and its a lot of pigmented than it looks on the hand. Good point I guess!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 6:32:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

I liked the packaging, for a drug store brand. This long tubed, retro packaging is making a come back these days, as with other brands too. I tried the color "Macaroon".Upon application I smelt the vanilla scent, which was nice. Its a nice glossy, shimmery rose hue. I applied more of the product to get more color. I loved the color. My lips looked huge and like they were bursting wet gloss. As it was a lip butter, it can be sticky but it didn`t dry out my lips. As for lasting power, the lippie lasted while I was running errands all day,comes off after meals but leaves a faint shimmer behind. The price is affordable and I would buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I haven't written a review yet. I have two shades, Peach Parfait and Creme Brulee. I already ran out of Peach Parfait. That's how much I love it! They come with s tiny amount of product. They are a perfect blend of lip balm and the lipstick. They are so smooth and pigmented. The color selection is amazing!! I want Gumdrop next. The tubes are cute and practical. They smell faintly cheap. You know what I mean-the smell of Maybelline lip products. Not too strong but I can smell and taste it usually. I love these and am planning on getting more(: I got these at Ulta.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The ONLY way these products could be better than they already are is if they came with more product!!! For around 7 bucks you should get more than an inch of product! But this is the ONLY reason I took off a lippy, everything about them is perfect! They are a perfect blend of lip balm, gloss, and lipstick. Moisturizing and soft like a lip balm. Glossy finish like a gloss, without being tacky and gross. And wonderful color selection like a lipstick. I cannot possibly rave about these enough!

If you are in any way hesitant about these products (which you shouldn't be-they are a god send) head to your local Ulta, they have a really great policy for returning opened and used products!!! :D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Chickadee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't see what the hype is about with this product. It's not that special. I bought Sweet Tart but this color is really too bright for me, and too pink. I ended up swapping it. These are not that moisturizing and did nothing for my lips. If I didn't know any better, I'd think these are modeled after YSL Rouge Volupte, but come on, do you really think they'd stand a chance? Not likely.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Eh, this is just ok. Not great, not horrible, but just ehhhh. I have two colors: Sugar Plum and Brown Sugar. Brown Sugar has a lot of glitter. I'm not crazy about that. I couldn't see it in the tube prior to buying or I would have passed it up. Sugar Plum has no glitter and is a nice rich mauve color, highly pigmented. It actually feels luxuriously smooth and buttery going on but within 30 minutes my lips are DRY, super super dry, irritated, and I'm annoyed. I end up wiping it off and putting on some kind of sticky gloss to kill the dry irritated feeling. Just seems like any other ordinary annoying lipstick. I absolutely LOVE the L'Oreal Colour Riche Balms that have come out. They have enough color to look like a lipstick but are so creamy rich and smooth, I can't wait to apply them to my lips. They never get dry or icky. I have used up two of those tubes completely and just bought a 3rd today. So try those if you're looking for a sheer, creamy rich buttery smooth moisture product. The name of this Revlon "Lip Butter" is COMPLETELY misleading. I will not be repurchasing.