Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I was lucky enough to receive this in a swap and OMG I really don't know how I ever lived without this! I use it 3-4 times a week at night with a sensitive brush head and I can't believe how much makeup and stuff comes off my face, I always thought just using make up remover wipes and washing your face was suffice but this really does an amazing job at really polishing my face. I use the Benefit skin care line with this and I can't believe how refreshingly clean and smooth my face looks and feel. If I had to dish out the money for a Mia I def would because it's so worth it, it's like getting your own facial at home, I can't ever live without it now!

on 5/2/2012 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Best thing ever. I use it daily only at night, after removing makeup - cleans really well. I wouldnt know about it absorbing products better but it does clean really really well. I got dry combination skin, it does get a tad dry but nothing a good moisturizer wouldnt help. Im not that excited about the price because here in sephora it cost about 300 bucks, got it way way less on Ebay.

on 4/30/2012 8:50:00 PM

How did I live without this before? I have had this for a week so far, my only regret is not getting this sooner. In one week my face is so smooth like babies skin. I can't stop touching it! I use the cleanser that came with it and really like it too! My skin over all in just one week has gotten smoother, some of the fine lines (while still there) are smoother and less noticeable, and over all my face has a really nice glow. Favorite part though, my makeup. I use so much less, and it goes on and looks so much better now!!! I also use less moisterizer too. Prior too, I walked by the signs in Sephora thinking , what a gimmick, I'm not even giving that a 2nd look. I already have soft skin from cleansing with my Neutrogena sonic wave daily and using my Neutrogena exfoliator on a weekly basis. These boards sucked me in, with such great reviews, I wanted to know more about it. So eventually after reading so many great reviews I decided to buy it, and plan was to take it back if I didn't like it or it was just ok. Well, long story short, its never going back I'm in love and want to tell everyone they should get one too if they want great skin!

on 4/30/2012 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love my mia. I've had it for a year now.

In the fall/winter I use my mia with a gentle cleanser only in the evenings to remove my makeup. I don't use it in the mornings during the winter.

I use it twice a day during the spring/summer.

Or I will use it after I come home from the barn after riding my horse. My face gets pretty dirty and covered in sweat from my helmet, so I like to use my Mia to help remove the dirt and sweat from my pores.

Overall, my skin has become much brighter, softer, smoother and the pores on my nose and right next to my nose on my cheeks have become smaller. Also, I've noticed less clogged pores on my forehead, which is prone to clogged pores etc, because that is where my helmet touches my face.

Also, I only use the sensitive brush head.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I have been using this a little more than a month and i have not notice any brightness or improvement on any pigmentation on my face. This i assume would take effect if i have used it for longer. I have dry skin and i hoped this would ease the flakiness but it does not do that. I use it at least once daily mostly in the evening to take my make up off thoroughly which it does not do well either. After washing my face i always tone with a cottonpad and on that there would still be make up residue. Im pretty sure im using it the right way as per instruction and YT videos. Its too expensive for a product that is subpar. Bought it because of the hype, again. My only issue is pigmentation and sunspots, i bought this after having watched some YT girls say it help lighten theirs. Most said they had that purging stage, well i experience that too and thought oh this is working but nah. I would have managed with a muslin cloth or some cheaper scrubs. It did not help with blackheads either. I would not suggest this if you have a good skin already. Do not let the hype get you! :)

on 4/29/2012 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE my mia! It's like my child, it is hands down the best skin care product out there. It is pricey but honestly the original mia is good enough. It leaves my face smooth and not just for an hour or two after using it. My skin is ALWAYS soft and glowing. This is one of those products every lady needs!

on 4/28/2012 9:35:00 PM

The Mia is definitely a splurge but I love mine. It makes your face fell so much cleaner and smoother. I actually bought mine hoping it would help clear up my acne. I am in my late 20's and have always had cystic (deep) acne. It has not been helping with my acne unfortunately, but I still think my skin tone has overall gotten better. My pores have become less visible . I would recommend this product. But if you are like me and suffer from deep and painful acne, don't get your hopes up.

on 4/28/2012 4:41:00 PM

I'm finding the Clarisonic difficult to review. I use it every evening and my skin is smooth but no miracle acne or wrinkle reductions. I think the reason it's so difficult to review is due to the price - it is way overpriced. I shall continue using it and replacing brush heads until it breaks down, but I will certainly not be repurchasing. A good daily microfoliant, such as Dermatalogica, is just as effective.

on 4/28/2012 2:43:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought the product despite the price due to the fantastic reviews.. I had so badly wanted this to work for me but I'm not sure if it is. I've been only using this for 2 weeks so I might come back and edit this review.

I have been using this twice a day with an organic cleanser. The first two or three days of using this product I thought it was amazingggg. My skin felt so smooth and the bumps on my nose (I think they are blackheads although they don't have black dots on them) as well as blackheads on the area next to my nose visibly reduced after two washes.

However I feel that the product has lost its effectiveness after the first few days :( my blackheads and nose bumps have come back, although not as bad as before (they weren't heaps noticeable to start with but I could always see them clearly when I look up close in the mirror in the morning so it really bugged me).

I think I might be over using the product? I have a sensitive brush which supposedly can be used twice a day.. but now I'm definitely going to drop to once a day to see if my skin will be better. I'm also going to try Paula's AHA lotion after Clarisonic to see if it will get rid of those annoying blackheads!!

on 4/27/2012 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok I'll admit, I was one of the skeptics of this item. Especially with my super sensitive skin. (I thought this would be something I would definitely need to pass on) My birthday was in January & my sisters & brothers chipped in and bought me one. (my sister had heard me wondering outloud about this & thought it was something I really wanted). I debated returning it...but thought what the heck, I'll give it a whirl and if I hate it (or even if it's just meh) then I'll return it. (They bought it at Nordstrom) Luckily they bought me the delicate head. (which I understand is the softest one)

I am 44 and have mild rosacea which is under control. (no flare ups unless I use a skin care item that irritates it) In my "old age" I have come to understand that less is more with my skin. I pretty much have given up on all forms of manual exfoliation. (too irritating)

I started out using this every other day, which I quickly discovered was too much for my skin. Did I notice a difference right away? You betcha! My skin was VERY soft & smooth. I have figured out that once a week is perfect for my skin. My skin care absorbs much better, I have less flaky skin & my skin is just all around more smooth & soft. I do NOT use the cleanser that they sell with this. I use a very mild cleanser. (currently Paula's Choice) Would I buy this on my own if I hadn't been gifted one? YES!
Overall I really like it. And wouldn't be able to dupe the effects I get with anything else.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools