July 28, 2014 | 1736 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by jlbre5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I have combination skin. Until I started Uni at 17, I'd never had a pimple in my life. five years on my skin looks like it has a pimpley messy rash. So I thought I'd give the Mia a try.
Pros: It simplifies my skincare routine, and cuts the time in half. 1minute with this and my skin is squeaky clean (literally). Its 100% waterproof. Nifty charger. Easy to clean.
Cons: Moderately pricey (depending on how much you value skincare), lasts 20 uses but after about 5 the quality of the clean diminishes so you need to charge it every couple of days. Has given me a few underlying one bumps on one cheek.
Verdict: My products genuinely apply to my skin better, my skin feels super soft and healthy, did nothing for the acne/rash BUT! if you break out because of makeup then this would probably work. Im pretty confident that my skin problems are more hormonal and stress related, so i get nicer skin while still have the rash problem

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Chicagobabe89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've wanted a Clarisonic for a very long time, but I always thought that it was very expensive. One day at Sephora I saw the Mia, and I finally decided to buy it. My skin has always been comb to very oily, and acne-prone. I had very rough patches of skin on my forehead as well. I'm so glad that I bought it! It helped so much with exfoliating the dead skin, softening the rough patches, and making my skin feel clean. I love that it has a self-timer, so I don't have to worry about over-doing it. I've used it with both the delicate brush and the sensitive skin brush. I'm not sure if the cleansers really matter with the Clarisonic, but I use it with Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser. It's been over a year since I've purchased it, and hopefully this unit lasts me a very long time. If/when it eventually dies, I'll definitely get another one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in November and wanted to wait a good long while before I did a review.

I'm kind of in awe... my skin is actually getting clearer. It's not perfect, but honest to god, it's smoother and I have less breakouts. I'm really shocked, somehow I thought it just wouldn't work for me as well as it did for everyone else. This is the most expensive beauty product I own, but I'm so glad I bought it. I use this everyday, which some people say is too much, but I don't have sensitive or dry skin, so it isn't a problem. I never really experienced a big skin purge or breakout like some people did- just a gradual decrease in the red bumps and acne breakouts I was getting.

I use this by cleansing my skin with a makeup removing cleanser, then using this with a gentle acne wash. Working fantastically for me so far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by oubliette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've given this 5 stars because it has worked better than any other skin treatment I've used to treat my skin other than Accutane. Don't expect a miraculous transformation but it makes a bigger difference than most other skin products I've tried (almost everything under the sun in the past 24 years, including drugstore, department store, dermatologist, DIY natural...). I've been using it once a day, in the evening, for six weeks.

My skin type is combination, with both oily and dry patches and problems with a few bumps, breakouts, and acne scars. I'm also starting to show signs of age, mostly with hyperpigmentation but also with some wrinkling on my forehead and below my eyes.

What MIA helped with:
- Overall skin texture is much smoother. MIA finely and thoroughly exfoliates. Makeup goes on smoother.
- Skin is noticeably brighter and shinier.
- Less products are needed to moisturise and cleanse. A little dab of any moisturiser sinks in nicely. Cheapo cleansers work as well as any. I'm using a drugstore milk type cleanser with MIA.
- Has gotten rid of some of the small bumps and clogs trapped under the skin.
- It gets my face very clean.
- Elegant design and well built. Lasts for about three weeks before a recharge is needed.

Cons:
- Has not reduced large breakouts and resulting discolouration.
- Hyperpigmentation and wrinkles are the same.
- Blackheads and pore size haven't changed much.
- Initial cost is quite large and new brushes need to be purchase every few months.
- No international plug is available as far as I can tell?? I searched far and wide for a MIA with a European 2-pin plug but it only seems to be available with a US plug. Works with international plug adaptors but that's an extra thing that clutters up an otherwise minimalist design. Minor complaint in the end since it doesn't need recharging very often.

Overall, I'm happy with the MIA but it is not a miracle product!! I've have tried SOOO many skin care treatments over the years and most make no discernable difference. MIA gets 5 stars from me for having a visible impact on the overall texture and look on my skin, which would benefit people of all ages and skin types!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by laulau

I will keep this short.

This product has completely changed my skin!
I love it.
I didn't have particularly bad skin before, I got the odd spot/blemish. My main problem was uneven skintone and my skin kind of felt 'bumpy' and never completely smooth.

I bought this after umm-ing and ahh-ing, reading all the reviews on here and debating if it really was worth the price tag. Well it definitely is.
I'd say if you can afford it - buy it.

The first few days of using this I got a few spots and blemishes but it does warn you that this will happen while your skin gets used to it.
After that though - never had a problem.
I obviously still get the odd hormonal bump under my skin but I guess nothing can prevent that.

My skin is clearer, brighter and more even.
I don't get any little blemishes or odd spots like before.
My skin really does feel CLEAN after I have used this and moisturiser sinks in so much better.

I use my clarisonic with a cream cleanser (like liz earle cleanse and polish but I use a cheaper one) as I find this keeps my skin hydrated and doesn't slip off my face while I'm using the clarisonic.

I have recommended this to so many people and I will keep doing so.
I use it before I go to bed, knowing I will wake up with clear bright skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by adamj2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm still on the fence about the Clarisonic. Working at a higher-end cosmetic chain, we were always trained about the amazing ability of the Clarisonic to cleanse more deeply and allow other skincare items to penetrate deeper and work more effectively (it does NOT exfoliate). I'm not really sure these claims are true. I have used my Clarisonic pretty religiously since I bought it over 2 years ago and I can't say my skin is really that much different. The fine lines that are starting to form around my eyes are exactly the same. I love that one in comparison to the others. I'm in LIKE with my Clarisonic, not love. It may just be psychosomatic in my mind thinking that it is making a big difference. That being said, I still continue to use it and do not regret purchasing it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by msitch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG, I dont know what I did before I had this...
oh wait, if you look at my other reviews, I had pimples! Painful cystic breakouts on my chin.
Not anymore. seriously. I use the mia with purpose cleanser every night and spot on zit cream (bp) around nose & on chin. then moisturize with cerave pm. This has been my routine for a few months and I haven't been happier. At first you will have a few breakouts as your skin purges, but keep with it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by swats

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked the product, initially after use I had a dry skin but then I used it with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser and it works wonders.
I use it nightly in my makeup removal regime and it works wonderfully.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by ellenpbrown

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had some break outs around my hairline when I first began using the Mia but after 5 weeks I guess I'm finished "purging" and my skin is wonderful. My face is so soft, and while in the beginning it seemed to dry my face out a little I found using this only once a day instead of twice fix that. My pores do seem to be clearer/smaller and makeup seems to go on better. I was a little conceded that the Clarisonic was just a bunch of hype but I'm glad I got over it and gave it a try, it's great. My husband has seen such a difference in my skin he's decided he wants one for himself.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by teago

Ive only had this for a few days, using it nightly, and I really like it and can see a difference already.
Im a frequent user of high percentage glycolic so my skin is already pretty 'tough' but is easily sensitized if the balance is slightly off. I thought Clarisonic might upset this balance but it has not. Everything else in my skincare is natural and organic so Im hoping the Mia will replace my need to use glycolics. After using it my skin looks brighter and more plump due to the Mia boosting circulation.

It has ever so slightly dried out my skin but Im sure it will rebalance itself soon. The drying has not effected my makeup application or made me feel tight at all so Im not worried.

If you have Dry and Sensitized skin I would not recommend this. Only maybe for a weekly or fortnightly treatment, not once or twice a day like normal - oily skinned people may be able to use.
I know that everyone probably wishes it was for all skin types but its really not.

In Australia this retails for $150AUD. I thought it was going to be at least $50-100 more, especially considering that a cleanser and moisturiser can cost a similar amount here in Aus! Considering what it is I believe the price to be very reasonable!