December 21, 2014 | 1813 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by BLUSHlNG

I was so excited about this...put it on my hair and it felt so good because my comb just ran through so easily.....and then my hair got really dry in about half an hour. Every time I tried it a different way my hair got dryer and dryer. I finally looked at the ingredients and most of them are SILICONES !!
I quit using it, threw it out and now my hair is healthy again.
I have to say it really surprised me that it was so bad.
Now I use jojoba oil and it makes my hair healthy and shiny.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Glamouraddict019

I didn't think it did much of anything at all. And it was way too expensive to not do anything. Won't buy again. They may have to pay me to try this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by smake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Edited to add: Too many silicones, build up.

i have been using the M oil for 6 months, and it has been great for my thick wiry mop!
yesterday i also purchased a travel pack with the shampoo / conditioner / styling creme / oil; surprising results, my hair has never looked so shiny, my hair never looks shiny but after using the shampoo, rinsing then putting the oil through my hair, then the conditioner and rinsing, lastly putting a drop of the styling creme into my towel dried hair I am impressed. highly recommend all the products tried for those who love the M oil but want even greater results. I have also used the hydrating mask which i will review separately.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by sickstew

you know, i really thought i would love this product. i loved the idea of using an oil, my mom has given me head massages with coconut oil pakistani style since i was a kid and it's good for your hair. i love a heavier product that keeps my curls together in nice ringlets. i have actually had great success using frizz ease for coarse hair.

HOWEVER! this was gross. i was excited to use it, i had just gotten a new hair cut and was stoked to try this cute product with the nice smell, and i was embarassed all day! i wanted to go home and wash it out! it made my hair slick and greasy, and trust me i only used a dime size for my thick, coarse, curly hair, past shoulder length hair. it actually flattened out some of my curls somehow? i am very low maintenance, i just condition, put something nice in my hair and let it air dry. my curls go crazy and i like it. with this product, my hair was flat, not bouncy, weirdly curly, and slick to the touch. i read all the reviews beforehand and really fell in love with it before i tried it heh.

i don't want to use frizz ease but man my hair looks great with it. i would love to switch to something more natural that has less of a generic scent but..

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by cherie05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This did absolutely nothing for my hair. I have frizzy, dry, medium-length hair and I haven't been able to notice ANY at all in softness or help with frizz. It makes my hair shiny I suppose, but any other cheap oil would do that. It just sits on my frizz and makes the frizz shiny. It did nothing for the dry ends and really there's not much else I can say besides the fact that it did absolutely nothing at all. It's such a waste of money at $39.99+tax CAD for 100ml. And Argan oil is the 4th ingredient on the list. I think it'd be around the same price or pure argan oil which might have slightly better results.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Beth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My former stylist in Baltimore used Moroccan Oil prooducts on my hair when it first came out, so I thought I'd try the original oil. My hair always came out very soft after he colored it. Good points: It does do what it say it will do. I usually apply a dime-sized amount to towel-dried hair and let it dry naturally. My hair is definitely soft when it's fully dry. Bad points: Have you read the label? Argan oil, the putative miracle worker in this cocktail, is way down the ingredient list. Silicones are the first couple of listings. For $15USD for a teeny tiny 1 oz. bottle of the stuff, I expect argan oil to be higher and silicones to be lower. Plus, for a lower price DHC After-Bath Hair Treatment Emulsion achieves a better result on my hair. Big fat piece of hype.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by sdr95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This makes hair uuuuuuber soft and shiny. It's nice for whenever you do an occasional blowout. It cuts drying time and adds so much shine and silkiness. But it's definitely not something to use everyday as it can definitely cause build up due to it's silicones that aren't water soluble

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 1:36:00 AM More reviews by acarthur

I have to say I am a bit disappointed with this product. I had heard of so many positive things about it so finally decided to splurge and try some. I have thick, curly, colour treated hair and it is very frizz prone, especially during the humid months. I have been using for about 2 weeks now and it helps a little with the frizz, but doesn't make my hair feel very conditioned. Nor does it do a very good job when using a straightening iron. The packaging is not very good either -it needs a pump. Think I will stick to using my Kerasaste Oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by AshleyMegan00

Great product. Great smell. Does not leave your hair looking too oily even if you accidentally put too much! It is a little pricey...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by didi123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have thin damaged hair from a hair perm and 3 colorings done in 1 year. My hair ends are basically splitting and breaking.This product has been doing a marvelous job at making my hair looks shinier and healthier. My hair is also a lot less tangled now. The product bottle is really small and its a little on the expensive side for the quantity offered, but with this product, you only need to use a tiny drop or 2 and its sufficient to make it work, so a small bottle does last a long time. I love the smell too, which is like a nice-smelling aromatherapy-type of smell. The oil does not weigh the hair down and the shine and healthy effect basically last right to the next hairwash (which for me is every 3 days).