BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

I love this matte finish bronzer for contouring and as a blush. However packaging pretty quickly became tatty;cardboard isnt 'wipe-clean' , I've had it in my makeup bag for 3 years-its been stuffed in backpacks on longhaul 36 hour plane journeys (x2) and survived so I'm not worried about it being poor quality-it certainly survives but it just doesn't feel great to be handed a cardboard box when you're paying SO much. Other companies offer luxury at far low prices-this is Benefits big fall-down in general. I would definitely purchase again since essentially the actual product is ...amazing! Glides on like a dream. Don't use the brush provided but I couldnt live with Hoola. Am now going to purchase Dallas hoping for the same delightful texture and blendability but variation on colour. xx

on 1/31/2012 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

A wonderful matte bronzer for contouring, or just all over to set my foundation and give a healthy glow all over. This works for most skin tones. I love the fact it doesn't make me orange or look fake. It doesn't look cakey and it blends perfectly. The only problem I have with this is the packaging. The box is cute, but the shape is inconvenient for putting in my makeup bag for everyday or travelling.

on 1/28/2012 6:48:00 PM

i love this product! i definitely recommend it

the color is buildable, you can apply a lot of product to get a darker shade (for people with darker skin tones) or you can just apply it lightly (for fair skinned people)
the color isnt orange but doesnt look muddy- which is amazing and makes it look natural
if you prefer bronzers with a shimmer, this definitely isnt the one for you. if youre looking for a contour or a matte bronzer, this is amazing!

the packaging is my only problem with this product
i find the box really annoying especially when i want to use a big brush

i have already repurchased this product

on 1/24/2012 9:23:00 PM

I love this stuff! I use it everyday for contouring and all over bronzer, I'm NC/NW 20 for reference. It is a beautiful matte bronzer that is great for contouring, also, I love it for giving me that all over bronzed look :)

on 1/21/2012 1:33:00 AM

I got this bronzer for free for spending a certain amount at shoppers and I've been buying it ever since. I'm pretty fair naturally so it's hard to find bronzer that doesn't look extremely obvious on me, but it's dark enough to build when I do have a tan. I use this for contouring and as an all-over face bronzer and it stays put for most of the day. By sharing make-up when I'm getting ready with friends, I've got alot of them hooked on it as well.

on 1/20/2012 8:27:00 PM

Matte, not Orangey (on my skin tone) , not muddy or dirty looking, great for contouring, but doesn't stay that long. Kinda cheap packaging. But overall a great product. Will recommend to a friend.

on 1/17/2012 12:53:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've been using a sample of this bronzer for the past week and I have to say that like Dandelion, I found Hoola to be very sheer and not very pigmented. If other bronzers are too orange or brown on you (I.e. if you're very pale), then this may be the bronzer for you. For the rest of us, Hoola will take a lot of layering to show up.

on 1/9/2012 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I really wanted to like this product, and when I bought it at sephora,I thought I did. However now that I've been using it daily, it just does nothing for me. It DOES NOT show up on my skin at all! I have to cake it on to see just a slight bronze. I think it's probably a great bronzer for fair skin. I do like the fact that it's matte, and goes on very smooth. Guess I'm still on the hunt for a non orangey, non shimmery bronzer :(

on 1/9/2012 12:50:00 AM

beautiful, natural looking bronzer. I highly reccomend it

on 1/6/2012 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

POSITIVES:
This is the most natural-looking bronzer I've come across. I prefer it to Harmony by MAC for contouring; it has a good grey-undertone which is desirable for a natural contour. It looks great in photos. Don't think it gets better than this, in terms of the product itself.

NEGATIVES:
Very disappointed about the company's choice about keeping the price the same despite the downsize in amount of product you receive - that's just greediness. But they will charge what they do as long as they can -- until someone else comes out with something competitive.

PRICE: The price is outrageous; it's nearly $36 in Canadian dollars.

PACKAGING: Also, the packaging could be more clever. The brush that comes with it could have its own dedicated compartment. The handle scrapes at the powder and is awkward to grab. Why is this acceptable for a $36 product? Ay me!

BOTTOM LINE:
I will be looking for a product of equal-quality but with better pricing.

Popular Bronzers