BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Coarse

I've been obsessed with this for 11 years.. Because it was the best matte bronzer I could find and I used to really be into benefit products. But I'm so fair that this ended up looking ruddy if I didn't work with it n apply it correctly. If you're warm toned, get on this. If not, you'll look like an oompa loompa

I like it. With a light application, it is the perfect matte bronzer. BUT the packaging drives me nutso. Why is it square? with such high sides? in a PAPER box? don't even get me started on that cruddy excuse for a brush.
NYC bronzer in Sunny is nearly identical in color, and under $3. Buy that instead. Learned that from another mua-er --thank you!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Love the shade of this bronzer and the fact that it is matte. Perfect for everyday, or to naturally bronze up your face for the evening. I took off one lippie because I hate the packaging, hard to swirl a brush inside the square, high edged, cardboard container.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really love this bronzer. I was not a fan of bronzers before trying Hoola because the ones I tried were all shimmery which looks unnatural or they were way too dark for me. I am fair skinned and while Hoola looks pretty dark to me in the pan, it actually looks really good on my skin. I feel that I only need a little but can build it up, it applies really evenly for me and blends well. It is matte and therefore looks very natural for bronzer OR contouring. I got this in the Legally Bronze kit at Sephora for $38. It comes with 4 full size items and is an exceptional deal that I highly recommend. With that in mind and despite how much I like this bronzer, I would not pay full price for it ($28). Also, the brush it comes with is a joke and should be immediately thrown out. Would I buy this again? Absolutely, but only in a kit or on sale.

I am so confused on how I feel about this bronzer. Some days when I apply it lightly all over, it gives my face that beautiful matte tan look, but when I try to contour, it looks very patchy and muddy. I don't know if I'm applying wrong or what. The price was good for a "high end" bronzer. I've tried to apply to contour with every brush. Maybe it's just my brushes, I don't know. Oddly, I love the way it smells! And the packaging just makes me happy :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am fair skinned (nc/nw 07-10) and I really like this as a bronzer color. If I apply it with a light hand I can kind of make it work for even my fair skin. A little goes a long way for me. It adds a nice warmth to my skin, especially when I am wearing medium to full coverage foundation. But BEWARE FAIR SKIN people, if you cannot apply this super lightly it will make you just look dirty.

It has a good pigment level, applies smoothly to my skin, and blends easily enough. I love that it is a matte shade. I don't have to worry about too much shimmer all over my face. My skin reflects the light enough, I honestly don't need more. Ha.

::edit:: in the end I got rid of this, I don't think it worked as well as I would like. Too warm for my skin tone. It made me look dirty in photos. I use nyx taupe for contouring, but I haven't found a bronzer yet.

I like the packaging. Sanitary, secure magnetic closure. I like the brush a lot too. I washed it as soon as I got it, it shed little during that wash, and has been wonderful since. I see why this is a cult classic.

But, as much as I do like it, I think I may only use it in the hight of summer. I am as dark as I can get and if I barely apply this it can be too dark it I am not super super super careful. I do wish benefit had another matte bronzer in a lighter skin tone. I think sugarbomb is actually much closer to what my skin actually looks like when I have been in the sun.

::edited::
I no longer wear blush/bronzer, or any product containing talc. Though this is a beautiful color.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

To start with, I'm right now somewhere in between NC30-NC35/Lucy Minerals 50-50 Creamy Bisque-Golden Medium/MAC F&B C3/Tarte TM "Agent 010". However, after I got tanned to NC35-NC40 in summer, I switched to MAC Espresso.

This, for me, is the PERFECT contouring colour for only under cheekbones, jaws, and temples. The color is yellowy-beige, which at first I thought is not cool enough to be a contouring color. It proved to be the one, giving me the muted contour that I like. With this on, my face looks contoured but very subtly. Most of my friends and my sisters don't realize I've done contouring until I told them, although they did notice something different.
However, on me this does not work well for nose and crease contouring. I use more chocolate MAC Wedge to do the job.

The product itself is lovely. I only need to tap my brush lightly on the surface. The product is not chalky and too powdery, very easy to blend. A little goes a long way. The surface does not harden as well from the moisture from my face that stuck on my brush like MAC's eyeshadows.

I'm not a fan of Benefit Box o Powder cardboard packaging, although I have to admit it's cute. I can imagine myself destroying it really easily. Luckily, I depot every powder product and put them in a palette, so the packaging can't bother me much.
But I don't appreciate Benefit keeping up the price and cutting down the amount of product. They thought they could compensate it with flip-top and mirror? That is called f*****g your loyal consumers.

I'm definitely looking to find a dupe from a more respectable brand. It's probably going to be hard as this is the most perfect contouring shade that I've tried. In the meantime, I have no choice but to repurchase.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this product. I use it all year round. It looks so natural. I swipe a little under my check bone and onto my temples then I apply my blush over the apples of my cheeks. It gives great definition and doesn't look to bronze. LOVE IT!!

This is a great product. The colour is absolutely perfect for almost any skin tone. I use it in both the summer and winter, and find it to be very buildable depending on how much definition you want. I have used it as a contour and as an all over powder when I'm not wearing foundation and I love it for both. If you're looking for a product with shimmer this is not for you. I personally think you need a matte and shimmer bronzer, and this is the perfect matte product. The only thing I dont like about it (along with other Benefit products) is the box powder. I find there is a lot of product in such a small area and wish I could move my brush around a bit more. Other than that it is amazing!

Okay, the colour of this bronzer may be good and may not have any shimmer, but this is not a high quality product. The first ingredient in this is talc, which is ridiculous for a powder retailing at 23.50. I dislike the feeling of talc-based products and feel that 'premium' brands should not include them as a predominant ingredient, if at all. You can easily find inexpensive powders to substitute Hoola. I find that talc-based products don't achieve that glowing, radiant finish. So Benefit powders are quite chalky. I would recommend a friend to get a MAC face powder instead; you get more in a compact (Benefit 0.28 oz, MAC 0.30 oz), it is less expensive (19.00) and the finish is much more flawless and high quality looking (there is no talc!). MAC has every shade under the sun, as well. However, I would be happy to receive this as a present because the colour is a nice and I would not feel guilty about spending the money.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products