BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 5/23/2012 12:14:00 PM

Easily the best bronzer I've come across. Although it may look a little pricey for the amount you get, It lasts months when applied correctly. a little goes a really long way! The colour is perfect for me as I have olive/tan skin, although it is deceptively dark and if too much is applied/applied in the wrong light/not blended correctly you're in stormy waters, particularly if you have light skin. There are no orange or red tones to it which I find tends to come with cheaper matte bronzers. It also doesn't sit heavily on the skin, even if a lot is added which i have seen with other expensive brands leaving one looking like a furry peach. The horsehair brush that comes with it is great for application and contouring, although over time it's not great for blending and tends to come apart so I use it for initial application and use another brush to blend.

on 5/20/2012 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Eh, its okay. I used to love this stuff, until i became more experienced with makeup. If you like applying a medium-a lot of bronzer, DO NOT get this. It gets REALLY muddy REALLY fast. If you like to a pply a thin think layer of bronzer and have enough money to spend on a brozer, then go for it, its great for a small amount of color. But for contouring and actually bronzing your face, opt for another bronzer. This just wont cut it. The only thing i like about it is that it is truly brown, not red or orange. But that is the only thing. So, depending on how you like to bronze, it depends.

on 5/17/2012 1:54:00 PM

Over-hyped. Yes it is quite pigmented but it's just a regular matte bronzer, there are many drug-store dupes out there at a fraction of the price.

Although it looks cute at first, the packaging wears very quickly and I didn't like the brush, felt it was rather poor quality and carried far too much of the product upon it.

on 5/17/2012 12:47:00 PM

I really like this bronzer! it is a nice matte contour shade, because the colour isn't too orangey, more a tanned brown colour. it doesn't work for me as an all over face colour as it is too dark and matte for my fair skin, but i love it none the less! also great for the crease of the eye during the day just to add more to a plain winged liner or muted eyeshadow. the box i also like, really cute and easy to chuck in your handbag without worrying about damaging the product inside (COUGH laguna) probably wouldn't repurchase, simply because i haven't even dented this one so far!!

on 5/15/2012 7:41:00 AM

The color of this is just too muddy for my skintone. Applying this onto my NC20 face made me look like I was dirty and needed a bath. Also, I noticed I'd get small bumpy pimples along the hollows of my cheek whenever I used this to contour. Very disappointing product.

on 5/8/2012 8:24:00 PM

i'm nw05-10 , bobbi brown alabaster, nars siberia

this is not the best bronzer or contour powder that i've ever had.. some how just look to yellow on my pinkish undertone but still on tolerate..

the pigmentation for me its quit good.. buidable (a bronzer shud be buildable right?)

i'm quit sensitive with skin products but this products doesn't break me out

but the packaging is quit bulky and tacky.. i dont really like a paper box packaging.. (such as the balm and benefit)

and it's quit pricey for me.. and hard to find here (indonesia)

I am an NC15/20 at MAC and this is, by far, the best bronzer I have tried. Granted, I have not tried a million... but a decent amount. I have found most bronzers to give a dirty and unrealistic color to my face but this one is absolutely great. I brush it on my cheeks, forehead and nose with a light hand and I receive compliments on my makeup each time I do this! This kinda bums me out bc I LOOOOVE blush and find it so much more fun to put on than bronzer... but I am beginning to figure out that i look best with bronzer rather than blush (or so the compliments make me think).

LOVE love love this bronzer. TOtally worth the steep price (tons of product)!

on 5/8/2012 3:02:00 AM

Okay so i wanted this bronzer sooo bad, && i finally got it as a birthday gift, to be honest i am a not a huge fan of this bronzer :( i have NYC sunny bronzer && i love that one wayyy more then this && it's only $2.97 at walmart or target way better then $28 for this, this gets the job done i guess but if not careful you can look like you have dirty cheeks! :( i wanted to love this so bad but no, i guess it's just okay!

on 5/6/2012 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I bought this bronzer thinking that it would be great-- I had heard wonderful things about it and decided to give it a go.

The packaging is awkward. There's no other way to describe it. It's cardboard, it's bulky, it has sharp corners I've jabbed myself on.

As for the actual product, I hated it. It was a nice color, yeah, but it wouldn't blend out. I felt like I had just rubbed dirt on my face. I'm half Native American and use bronzers to even out my skin tone instead of concealer and foundation--- I'm pretty dark and even I thought that it looked sorta like dirt. In addition, it was all patchy, but I stupidly decided that I would learn to be a better blender because I really wanted to like this product.

After I got home, I realized that I had patches on my cheeks. It seriously looked like I had some sort of skin disease-- I've never had this issue with any other bronzer. Ever. Skip it!!

on 5/4/2012 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I'm not the biggest fan of Hoola. I feel it is a bit too dark for my skin tone year round to use as a bronzer all over the face. So I really only use this to contour with my Mac 109 brush. I had high hopes for this and really wanted a nice matte bronzer to use everyday, but this isn't it. I have it in the older packaging which I don't really like as there's no mirror and it's kind of annoying to open and the cardboard gets worn down. I also threw away the brush it came with as it was scratchy and useless. I do think the new packaging is a lot better. It has a light scent which is kind of interesting and isn't offensive. I wouldn't purchase this again but I'll continue to use it for contouring.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products