SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.5

on 7/29/2005 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I continued to use the Essence until just recently. When I started using it I felt that this essence comforted my skin and a few years ago which is just about when I started to use the essence my skin started to breakout and my pores seemed to be larger. I stopped using it which is just a few weeks ago and my skin restored its original glow. What I suspect is due to the excessive preservatives and acidity that this product contains. There is nothing miraculous abt this product, it just contain plain enzymes and from what I learned, when enzymes are left on skin for too long, it starts damaging your skin's integrity. Don't buy anything from SKII they are no way near advanced or effective.
Update. After adding SKII back into my skincare regime, it does add a bit of moisture back to my skin and soothe my skin a little but nothing more.

on 7/28/2005 4:03:00 PM

I have been using it for two months. I kind of hesitated before buying it since I heard both positive and negative reviews about it. Some people said the pitera can make your skin thinner which will in turn be hard to take care of. Some said your skin will become very bad once you stop using it. I have a friend who works as a dermatologist in Japan hospital. So I called her up and she said she never seen any patients with problem from using SKII. Some of her colleagues are actually using it. So I feel it is quite safe to try.
I got it from Saks counter. It is expensive (150 ml for 130 bucks) but it is so worth the money! My skin became normal (used to be combination) after using it for a while. I heard that it can help adjusting sebum secretion in T zone which maybe the reason. It also boosts the effect of my moisturizer. SKII at Saks keeps gift promotion every so often so I already bought another bottle for stock up : )
Overall, excellent product and I will keep using it despite its price.

on 7/16/2005 8:06:00 AM

I have been using SKII for almost 6 months now and my skin has never been better. I was prone to breakouts but now I get none! It's true, the first month or so of using it my skin went really bad, but as the SKII SA said, that's just your skin getting rid of all the impurities. But now my skin is clear, my pores are almost non-existent and I don't even use concealer now. I don't think SKII is for everyone - you need to be disaplined and stick to the routine - but it is the best I've ever used. I'm not turning back!

on 7/6/2005 10:37:00 AM

Feels nice on the skin, and I like the scent. But I am not sure if it really delivers what it promises. It softens the skin but nothing more. I used a bottle of this and will not purchase again.

on 6/30/2005 10:37:00 AM

i was given a few sample of this, so it lasted me for about 1 month.. i didnt notice any change in my skin, and its kinda sticky to use too.. not very impressed.. will not buy the full sized product

I am 23 and I've been using the FTE for about a month now. I have N/O combo skin. This hasn't done very much for me at all. Has a strange smell but it is still tolerable. I pour some directly onto my hands and pat it over my face. I think it's too expensive to use on a cotton pad!

on 5/19/2005 6:53:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm on my 3rd bottle, simply no subtitude for this product. My HG!

on 5/5/2005 1:32:00 AM

Instead of givine me great and moisturized skin, it made me face dry and tight, with visible lines!! This is totally upsetting for me and it is absolutely not worth the amount of money I pumped into this product!

on 5/3/2005 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The main ingredient in the SK-II line is Pitera, the secret of the Japanese monk who discovered it was what was keeping Japanese sake brewery worker’s hands so youthful. The Treatment Essence is 90% Pitera and most concentrated in all the SK-II product line. It is applied by shaking the watery lotion into your hands, warming between your palms and pressing into skin. The SK-II counter also suggested applying in the same manner but with a cotton pad (no warming involved I assume). I would imagine much of this expensive product would be wasted using the cotton pad method. Anyway, the Essence is suppose to moisturize, improve clarity and texture, and balance the skin. I used it for a bit and it made my skin so soft and silky at first. Unfortunately it began to make my sensitive skin itch so I had to discontinue use. I have oily-combo skin that is extremely sensitive. This is very expensive, 2.5 oz. for $85. The larger size is more economical, 5 oz. for $130, very pricey!! Ingredients:
saccharomycopsis fermet filtrate (pitera), butylene glycol, pentylene glycol, water, sodium benzoate, methylparaben, sorbic acid

on 4/24/2005 5:59:00 PM

I like that it gives me a refreshing feeling in the morning after I apply it, and seems to be a good enough toner-substitute. For about a month after I started using it, I did feel that my skin's texture had improved.

But none of the life changing, glowy skin and what not. One does expect more at the price...

Popular Treatments (Face)