Batiste Dry Shampoo

4.3

Butane, Isobutane, Rice Starch, Propane, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzly Benzoate, Distearyldimonium chloride

on 7/20/2011 8:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have been searching for a dry shampoo for a while and glad I found out about this on MUA. I purchased a can for around $9 (including tax) at my local Sally's. While the can is small, I don't find myself reaching for this product that often, maybe 1-2x a week. The smell of the original isn't the best (hated the blush version smell), but it does go away pretty quickly. I just shake the can up, blast my roots and the sides and back of my hair, massage those areas with my fingers and let it sit for a minute before brushing it out. I do agree that it does give my hair some volume at the roots and helps to absorb some of the oils of second day hair. While my hair doesn't look the best on the second day anyway, it looks a lot better with this product than without it. Will repurchase when I run out.

on 7/11/2011 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is a beautiful product! for ref I have extremely dry hair with slightly oily roots. this causes me lots of issues including oily roots on the day after washing but the rest of the hair is still clean/dry, for this reason i cant wash it frequently. usually on the 2nd or 3rd day i need to use this to keep oil and grease away from my roots without over drying my hair. one star off as occasionally this makes my scalp itchy( I'm thinking because i suffer from dandruff?).
I love the packaging, the fragrance isn't too bad and its very light traveling in my handbag.In Australia it's roughly $13ish?? but i usually stock up during sale time for about $9-10.This lasts me months with my random use.will definitely purchase again especially as a summer staple

on 7/7/2011 11:44:00 AM

I bought this after seeing reviews here on MUA after my dissatisfaction with the Oscar Blandi (powder version).

This is by far more volumizing and leaves no residue...no white stuff in my hair unlike the Oscar Blandi. Much less expensive ($7.50) and available at Kroger instead of Sephora.

Note, I have not tried the Oscar Blandi spray version b/c of the bad reviews that said the spray clogs too easily after a few uses, but did notice they recently came out with a clear version of Oscar but it's $20 at Sephora. So I cannot compare this to the spray, just the powder version.

I like this stuff better for less $$. Win win!

on 7/2/2011 12:48:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Wow.. what can I say about this product? It has to be one of the best beauty products that I have ever come across. Let me just start off by saying that I have very thick hair and my hair gets oily and greasy quite quickly. I wash my hair every other day but I don't shower until the evening so during the day I would have to walk around in public with disgusting looking hair. Not exactly the most attractive thing to do, I know! I checked out reviews on dry shampoo here and figured that Batiste would be the best option for me since it had mostly positive reviews.. and because I thought that for $8CDN, I really could not go wrong! I should also say that before doing any research on good dry shampoos, I tried the dry shampoo by Tresemme. Let's just say that dry shampoo failed.. horribly. Batiste on the other hand, is a whole different story! I just followed the bottle's instructions and quite literally, my hair instantly looks fresher and cleaner not to mention smelling really good! I've had this for at least 2 months and I'm still on my first bottle and I use this almost every other day! From my experience, as long as you brush out your hair really well after spraying the shampoo, you shouldn't have any problems with white streaks being left in your hair. I see myself buying this product over and over again until the day I'm bald!

on 7/1/2011 7:51:00 PM

A MUST FOR WOMEN WHO'S ROOTS R SHOWING! Also I bought a $50. can of Oribe hair texturizing spray. It smells good but does not give me the clean feel this $7.Batiste spray gives me. First of all for dark, med, light brown hair with blonde highlights this spray is awesome. It camoflages the dark roots but not looking chalky n if u feel it is too powdery white simply massage in at roots plus that motion creates more volume! I have the" blush" fragrance that at first I wasnt too sure about but it does not smell like a bathroom deoderizer and doesnt smell cheap like u would expect from a cheap spray. The smell does go away but u wont b spraying the whole length of your hair anyway. I will try the "tropical" and "original" scent. Great product!

Amazing!! I have very fine hair that ends to get oily and look gross by the end of the day. If I don't wash it in the morning, it looks even worse. On days when I don't have the time or energy to wash and dry my long hair, this dry shampoo has been a life saver. It absorbs all the oil and adds volume. The smell isn't my favorite, but who cares when it works like a charm?

on 6/17/2011 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Love this stuff, I've tried other brands (tresseme) and this one is way better. I won't waist my time and money trying other brands anymore. This is a keeper!

on 6/17/2011 12:37:00 PM

LOVE this product. Lets me not wash my hair every day and totally transforms my oily fine hair making it soft and pretty! yay!

on 6/16/2011 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff! I have tried Bumble and Bumble's hair powder, which stained my scalp, so I'm really glad to find a product that disappears into my dark hair. It definitely helps with second day hair, and adds volume. I don't love the scent, and it is kind of pricey but I got it half off at Kroger. Everyone says it doesn't last long, but I only use it sparingly once or twice a week, so it's lasting a while for me. I will repurchase at full price though, because it's better than the more expensive brands!

on 6/16/2011 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Alot of people rave about dry shampoo but i think there really is no the substitute to washing your hair other then WASHING YOUR HAIR.
It's good for blonde hair as the colour of the spray which is a chalky white colour blends in, but any other colour hair i.e- my bright red hair, makes me look like i'm going grey and is incredibly difficult to get rid of all of the residue.
It leaves my hair feeling half greasy, half chalky.

Video Reviews & Tutorials